Type Your Phish Thoughts

Discuss Phish!

Re: Type Your Phish Thoughts

Postby Harpua » Wed May 04, 2016 6:38 pm

^^ PM sent ... I think ...the PM function occasionally give me the business.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Clark Griswold » Thu May 05, 2016 2:23 pm

^PM replied to! ;)
Really appreciate it!
This is not a vacation. It's a quest! I'm on a quest to see a moose! PRAISE MARTY MOOSE!
Clark Griswold

Postby willbreathes » Thu May 12, 2016 11:48 am

Boise 99 just released on live phish. Amazing.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby El Bastarde » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:11 am

Wow, Gorge Night 1 was ridiculous. A legendary second set and even a damn good first set. Wow. Was a treat to watch it on couch tour so it must have been wild to be there. This is why we listen.
El Bastarde

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:12 pm

Didn't even try to stay up for the second set last night...these late Phish shows on a work night are killer...first set sounded good though. They should play Ya Mar more often. Who complains when they hear that?
El Bastarde

Postby phloyd79 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:44 am

Hey Everyone

I need some advice from anyone who can help. I proposed to my girlfriend on the ferris wheel at Magnaball last August. As luck would have it Page happened to be passing by below as I was popping the question. A couple of friends stopped him and told him what was going on above so he STOPPED AND WAITED FOR US!!

Needless to say we were completely shocked and beside ourselves when Page was the first to congratulate us after our big moment. It was and will always be one of the most magical moments of our lives. We are getting married in September. So to make a long story short, I'm trying to find the best way to get a hold of him or his agent so we can mail him a wedding invitation with enclosed pictures shown above.

Obviously we don't expect him to make it or even RSVP, but it would mean the world to us if we knew that our invitation and pictures could eventually get to him somehow, but I can't for the life of me find an email address or any contact info to even get close to him. He doesn't seem to very active on Facebook or Twitter lately.

So if anyone has ANYTHING that could point us in the right direction I would be forever grateful.

Thank You We love you all!!
phloyd79

Postby willbreathes » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:22 pm

That's awesome!
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby El Bastarde » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:55 pm

Awesome pic. The look on your gal's face is priceless.

As for contacting Page...wow, have no idea...maybe post on Mike's Twitter and mention the story and link to the photo?
El Bastarde

Postby hosemasterflex » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:21 pm

^that's a great idea. I got nothin.

My thought is, I wonder how the new album will be received by fans.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:37 pm

My thought is, I wonder how the new album will be received by fans.

I'm curious about what makes it. We probably have enough of the new tunes to make an album...I'll bet we'll get a more cleaned up Mercury, though...that seems like a studio tune.
El Bastarde

Postby hosemasterflex » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:35 pm

I'm liking the fact that they're playing it live first. I feel like the fans like the songs better when they know them a little before the album drops. I bet Blaze On's on there too.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:22 pm

I feel like the fans like the songs better when they know them a little before the album drops.

I'm of two minds there. I mean, yeah, it's definitely cool to already know the songs but then there's less of that feeling of surprise and fun at getting new music. I actually hadn't heard the Halloween show for Fuego so all that stuff was brand new to me...firing in that CD and hearing Fuego come out was pretty awesome.

So I guess I'd hope it's a mix of new and old.
El Bastarde

Postby Buster » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:13 am

I wish we had more of last year's new tunes this summer.
Buster
The NorEaster

Postby hosemasterflex » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:26 am

^I like hearing that, you have no idea. I don't know the new songs that well, but we got "How Many People Are You" in Mansfield. Which ones are you thinking of?
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Guelah » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:07 am

How Many People Are You is my favorite new Phish song. Even though it's a Mike solo song, technically. LOVE IT. Magnaball was awesome. Cali tour was awesome, but I wanted that one so bad!!
"2014 Great year...2015...Better year!" -Trip Anti-acid
Guelah
Teh_Southern Pa

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:36 pm

^I dig that one too. They should play it more. That and the new Page bluegrass tune.

But let's see...last year had Blaze On, No Man, How Many People Are You, Mercury, The Last Step (wasn't big on this Mike tune), and Shade. This year got Breath and Burning, Things People Do, Waking Up Dead (I haven't even heard this one), Tide Turns, Let's Go (also haven't heard it), Friends, and the epic Ass Handed.

Ass Handed may push this thing to this year single-handedly but Blaze On and No Men's have turned into these epic jamfests that can go anywhere while you can't quite say that about the other songs. Friends is kinda bad and Tide Turns is kind of a generic "The Line-ish" tune. Breath and Burning is cool but not at the level of those other tunes and, while I like Things People Do, it is just a bluegrass tune. So, yeah, last year probably wins on the "new" songs even though all of these could end up on the same album.
El Bastarde

Postby Harpua » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:45 pm

El Bastarde wrote:^I dig that one too. They should play it more. That and the new Page bluegrass tune.

But let's see...last year had Blaze On, No Man, How Many People Are You, Mercury, The Last Step (wasn't big on this Mike tune), and Shade. This year got Breath and Burning, Things People Do, Waking Up Dead (I haven't even heard this one), Tide Turns, Let's Go (also haven't heard it), Friends, and the epic Ass Handed.

Ass Handed may push this thing to this year single-handedly but Blaze On and No Men's have turned into these epic jamfests that can go anywhere while you can't quite say that about the other songs.

NMINML is one of the few 3.0 songs that I go into a show hoping to hear. (Light, Steam and a handful of CTSotHH songs round out that list.)

Breath and Burning is good and Phish has demonstrated that it has jam potential. I have called it "this year's Blaze On." I can pretty much do without the rest of 2016's debuts.

My vote goes to 2015. (The Last Step though...what a nightmare.)
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:29 pm

^I agree in that I'd put No Man's and Blaze On in their own category above the rest of those tunes...it feels like they can go anywhere with those. The rest are ones they're maybe working on a bit, at least with how they go in a live setting.
El Bastarde

Postby hosemasterflex » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:41 pm

I've never been one to see a correlation between a song's quality and its jam potential. I guess if you'd rather have a jam song show up during a show than a non-jam song, that kinda makes sense. But as far as its bearing on whether the song is actually good, not at all.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:31 pm

I've never been one to see a correlation between a song's quality and its jam potential.

I can see this point for sure but it all bears down to what I'd rather hear live and, if they do a lot of cool things with a song, then I'll probably prefer that. Besides, both No Man's and Blaze On are really catchy without the jamming and fun to sing along to...I don't think they'd get as much love if they weren't.
El Bastarde

Postby hosemasterflex » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:34 pm

^Exactly, and that's my point. I guess for me, I'll always be less entertained by the jam, than by the continuum of the songwriting. Example, Carini goes places live, as a rule. But I don't care for the actual song, so the jam doesn't change that for me. Even if I'm at the actual show, I'm not really in it for the jams, exactly. Those two new songs you name are excellent songs, and that's a bigger deal to me than whether they're jam vehicles, by far.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Guelah » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:18 pm

They should jam HMPAY!!!

Blaze On is just awesome too. And Ass Handed. Admittedly, I have only heard Ass Handed, Ass Handed Reprise, and Miss You from the new new ones. Only because they played them at shows I was at. Leading up to Cali tour, I wasn't letting myself listen to Phish for a month (though I heard Hartford because I was with friends that wanted to stream it, so I listened). It was an experiment to see If I Could make the shows even more enjoyable for myself, if that was even possible, and that much more fresh to me. Combined with not seeing them in almost a year (Magnaball), that first night back, and the entire week, was straight bliss! Especially with the way Trey played that week!?!?!

Yes.

Best trip of my life. I saw so many new places and things (like redwoods and beaches with cliffs), saw some OhKeePeeps (finally met Dave), travelled around with 3 of my oldest and closest friends that all live on the WC now, went to Joshua Tree to see the stars, ate some incredible food, swam in the ocean and ate some very strong acid (not in order).
Guelah
Teh_Southern Pa

Postby hosemasterflex » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:30 pm

Man I love it when my acid is out of order! Seriously, I feel refreshed just reading ^that, thanks for sharing all that goodness!

Phish, man. People don't realize.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Guelah » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:09 am

Hahah it's really bad when it's that heady facsimile stuff!

:thumbup:
Guelah
Teh_Southern Pa

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:18 pm

I have only heard Ass Handed, Ass Handed Reprise,

I love the idea of there being an "Ass Handed Reprise." So funny.
El Bastarde

PreviousNext

Return to General Phish Discussion