Type Your Phish Thoughts

Discuss Phish!

Re: Type Your Phish Thoughts

Postby El Bastarde » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:50 pm

^Yes, there's a 3-night webcast. Which I had completely forgotten about until today and now I'm happy for some delicious Phish content this weekend.
El Bastarde

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby ghost » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:26 pm

^ Woohoo! Webcast!
ghost
Human Being

Postby Harpua » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:46 pm

My buddy had a small webcast gathering on Saturday night. He has been out of Phish commission (co-phish-on maybe) for a while - to the point that Halfway to the Moon, Mercury, Waking Up Dead were all new to him - so this was as close to going to a show he has been since 2013.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby willbreathes » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:59 pm

Mercury is so great.

I finally looked up the lyrics to Waking Up Dead, trying to figure out the "vac-you-you-me" part. My thoughts are... a fucking song about a vacuum that is catchy. I like it.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:08 pm

Mercury is so great.

Been really digging the version from Dick's this year lately.

trying to figure out the "vac-you-you-me" part. My thoughts are... a fucking song about a vacuum that is catchy. I like it.

That was one of the first things I did when I heard that...grabbed the CD liner notes and said "What the fuck is he even saying there?" Still a weird song to me but, yes, there's is a severe drought about songs about vacuums.
El Bastarde

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:45 pm

Hmm...Phish maybe going the Disco Biscuits route of having just a lot of shows in only a few locations this summer? The MSG dates are nice but them being right in the middle of what is normally summer tour seems a bit weird. I hope more normal dates are announced around it...
El Bastarde

Postby Phinst » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:51 pm

^ Not gonna happen. You will see a few shows on the West Coast(before or after), A 3 night run in Chicago(before), Dick's, and NYE along with the Baker's Dozen

WE have already begun to see this unfold with the Dick's, Vegas, Mexico stops and now The 13 nights at MSG. Phish is going more towards destinations and residencies, and less touring..I don't think we are gonna see a lot of 13 night runs, but more 2-4 night runs in select parts of the US.
Yet it is Phish and to keep things fresh they want to switch things up from a normal tour this time, but wouldn't be surprised to see them do more of a traditional summer/fall tour in the future....

The band is p;laying great right now and whatever keeps them together, fresh and playing well I'm all for..

Also FWIW, don't know how true this is, but rumor has it, Fish and Page want to tour less..
...Dip a ladle for a taste of her creation...& she knew that what she made...
would be the Finest in the Nation....

2016: Xcel Energy Ctr>Wrigley Phield(1), Deer Creek//Nashville(1)>
Alpharettax2
Phinst

Postby willbreathes » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:44 pm

willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby Harpua » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:36 pm

I feel like the announcement video was them telling Billy Joel to take a flying f*ck at a rolling donut.
Or not. Who knows.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby willbreathes » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:30 am

I like Billy Joel a lot... but he had some major douche comments.

::listens to Phish cover songs::
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:30 pm

WE have already begun to see this unfold with the Dick's, Vegas, Mexico stops and now The 13 nights at MSG.

Yeah, I know...it's basically what Bisco has been doing for years now. A bit of a bummer. And I do understand bands getting older and it gets more of a grind but it doesn't mean they have to shut out certain locations entirely. If they did 2-4 day runs in a variety of places where they'd show up near you every once in a while, it'd be nice. But it never ends up that way and it's always the same locations.

I feel like the announcement video was them telling Billy Joel to take a flying f*ck at a rolling donut.

I don't believe for a second that Billy Joel made those comments. We've never seen a single substantiated quote or eyewitness to it and we don't even know where and when he supposedly said it. That thing started on Phantasy Tour where they believe every rumor. I highly doubt that Phish cares.
El Bastarde

Postby Harpua » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:29 pm

:oops:

It was such an easy rumor to believe. Curses!
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby Buster » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:15 pm

I'm planning on doing a few shows later in the run. We always get screwed at SPAC with shows early on in the tour. Now I get to choose. I love it.
Buster
The NorEaster

Postby Harpua » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:34 pm

I'm just sitting here, waiting for dates to drop, and waiting for my St. Louis box to arrive.
:wave: :yawn:
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby Phinst » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:02 pm

^ No Kidding.

Dates, Dates....MMM Dates

It's getting Re D Icculus..

Funny thing is we all pretty much know what it's gonna be(besides maybe a one off or 2 thrown in there) We just need confirmation.

And I know this is same as it always was, but damn Phish releases dates so dang late..I think they would actually sell a few more tickets to summer shows in particular, to the more casual fan and some phans, but if they see other artists and festivals are announcing shows decide to jump on that. in part so they can plan their summer, work, other vac's, etc..

Harpua wrote:I'm just sitting here, waiting for my St. Louis box to arrive

:thumbup: :thumbup:

I just did standard shipping so will not be shipped till sometime after release date :shifty:
...Dip a ladle for a taste of her creation...& she knew that what she made...
would be the Finest in the Nation....

2016: Xcel Energy Ctr>Wrigley Phield(1), Deer Creek//Nashville(1)>
Alpharettax2
Phinst

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:10 pm

I've heard some rumors on dates already...saw something about an actual Michigan show but I'll believe it when I see it. Could maybe do MI>Cuyahoga then Dick's later.
El Bastarde

Previous

Return to General Phish Discussion