PHISH TATTOO

Discuss Phish!

PHISH TATTOO

Postby qchippi » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:20 am

ok went in yesterday to get my coy drawn out on my arm to do a cover up of an old faded zepplin tattoo.we did all the measurments and he trced out what he is covering up.and done for the day.not so quick .he asks "any of my (meaning his art)work need any touch ups..instant smile on my face.i showed him the almighty phish leg and he says oh ya sit down.might as well burn my night working on your leg. so he is the finished product as of now.

remember it was already finished he just colored it up again.ImageImageImage
qchippi

Blog: View Blog (0)

PHISH TATTOO

Postby neck » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:28 am

are you being coy? or are you trying to be koi? ;)
neck
Third Eye Warrior

PHISH TATTOO

Postby OlfactoryHue » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:28 am

crazy leg
OlfactoryHue
Dr. Pulgar Verde

Blog: View Blog (2)

PHISH TATTOO

Postby charlieJack » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:53 am

damn that's a helluva tat qc.

me? shit yeah i've got ink. it's on my chin from where Ben Kaznowski came outta nowhere and jabbed me with a pen in 10th grade during algebra class. that kid had some serious ADD.
the floor will have its way it seems
it fights me like a trampoline
it won't let me to the ground
so this time i'm not coming down
charlieJack

PHISH TATTOO

Postby neck » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:18 am

lol...in english class in the 11th grade some kid kept saying he'd stab himself in the arm with a pen...after laughing at him and telling him he wouldnt do it he...went and did it. then he sucked on it for the rest of class saying "i gotta get the ink out." CJ Williams...or maybe CJ Williamson. what a dumb ass.

good times.
neck
Third Eye Warrior

PHISH TATTOO

Postby qchippi » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:18 am

HHmm that reminds me of a time when i was bouncing at a night club and a fight broke out after a guy was writing his number on a girls hand ,well the girls man didnt like that so he started a fight and when i dove in to break it up i was stabbed with the pen the guy was writing his number with.didnt feel it and didnt know it was in my arm until some one said dont move u got a bic in your arm. needless to say that was one tatoo i didnt want.

o boy the good ole days
qchippi

PHISH TATTOO

Postby Vultured » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:45 am

Man the guy that was standing next to me and my wife at Coventry had that exact same tattoo. I remember it exactly and commenting on it. I think we were 1/2 to 3/4 of the way back from the stage and a little to the Page side of things. Could this have been you?
From Trey's story about backpacking with Fishman in Europe....What's your fee to drive me to Firenze (Florence for the non-Italians)....
Vultured

PHISH TATTOO

Postby satan » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:36 am

ok went in yesterday to get my coy drawn out on my arm to do a cover up of an old faded zepplin tattoo.we did all the measurments and he trced out what he is covering up.and done for the day.not so quick .he asks "any of my (meaning his art)work need any touch ups..instant smile on my face.i showed him the almighty phish leg and he says oh ya sit down.might as well burn my night working on your leg. so he is the finished product as of now.

remember it was already finished he just colored it up again.ImageImageImage

Hey Will,
You and I have met before. We talked Phish and you showed me your tat. Since then, a couple times when I've been talkin' to my old pholk, your "Phish / Fishman vacuum tattoo" has came up in conversation. I'm glad I've have a picture of it now. I still say its the best Phish tat I've ever seen. The new ink looks great.

p.s. See you @ SCAMP

satan

PHISH TATTOO

Postby qchippi » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:11 am

Man the guy that was standing next to me and my wife at Coventry had that exact same tattoo. I remember it exactly and commenting on it. I think we were 1/2 to 3/4 of the way back from the stage and a little to the Page side of things. Could this have been you?

that could very well have been me.i had a ton of people ask to take a pic of it.i obliged to all. and i know i have never seen a tattoo like mine. do you remember the story behid it is the question.cause i think now that im looking back having a hilarious conversation with a couple at coventry about why i got the tatoo and the kids that were sitting next to all of us were just starting to lose there minds and said oh wow i didnt even see jon on his vacum ,and then it was a big ol WOOOOOOOOW,thats sooooo coooool.and everyone started to laugh.maybe not.but ya i do run into alot of people that way.most of the time ur sitting befor a show .so when i would walk to find a spot thats when everyone sees it. and know its me

maybe thats bad .naww kinda cool.

satan did we meet at a phish show at alpine or deer creek,or was it summer camp? and for sure on summer camp.i'll be working in the VIP bar ,bartending.for a couple hours a day.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
qchippi

PHISH TATTOO

Postby satan » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:00 pm

Get a load of this pic I found on a friend's myspace page. Ring any bells?

We camped next to each other. We hung out a chatted a little while that weekend. I owe you artwork. You bought a Hoola Hoop Girl print from my girlfriend. You paid us, then told us to hold on to it, but you end up leaving before we could get it to ya.
Zach hooked me up with the recordings from that weekend and when I listen to them it reminds me that it was one of the craziest fucked up weekends I've experienced in the last 10 years. :o :-X

You heard any scamp late night rumors?

Strip Mines Fest - The Cave
satan

PHISH TATTOO

Postby qchippi » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:37 pm

whoa ,what a small world we have .ya thats me in the St.louis hat. im actually working on the line up for this years strip mines.i think its gonna better than last years.as long as we can keep pholks off the cliffs at night .

thats crazy .i do remember buying an art picture from you guys.hows it going.stillgot that picture i can send you my address via PM .that just crazy . didnt we even talk about the oh kee pa forums.ya it was a crazy ass weekend.

ya ive heard , but man i cant say .thats what i love about my job.the excitement of others when its announced. sorta like xmas morning the looks on your kids faces.its like that .
qchippi

PHISH TATTOO

Postby willbreathes » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:20 pm

Let's play a game where we guess what the two in the back are doing to make the others so amazed.

I say.... poking a baby pig.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

PHISH TATTOO

Postby ghost_2000 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:28 pm

I say.... trying to start a fire using only orange popsicles.

My room is round when I lay down, when I wake up it's square.
ghost_2000
The Apparition

PHISH TATTOO

Postby neck » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:46 am

the kid squatting down...the one poking the baby pig with popsicle sticks...is his name damien?
neck
Third Eye Warrior

PHISH TATTOO

Postby qchippi » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:42 am

the two that are squating down are Jaik Willis and Jenny Cruz.two of the musicians that we had at the festival.jaik is super sick ,hes got the coolist voice. they were looking at cds i believe.hey you have any more pictures form the caves?
qchippi

PHISH TATTOO

Postby neck » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:15 am

they were looking at cds i believe.

well that ruins that game. :-/ :'(
neck
Third Eye Warrior

PHISH TATTOO

Postby satan » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:00 am

ya ive heard , but man i cant say .thats what i love about my job.the excitement of others when its announced. sorta like xmas morning the looks on your kids faces.its like that .

Yer killin' me smalls!

The girl behind my chair is Jenny Keefe (yes, pronounced KEEF). Yeah I think she was looking at CD's and Jaik is playing a string instrument.

I have pictures and a few videos from that weekend.

QC-Hippi check your inbox.

here are a few pics from the Strip Mines Fest:

satan

PHISH TATTOO

Postby ladyphish » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:40 pm

Nice tatoo for sure! I've been pondering another one for myself the last 6 months or so. Would like it to be some combination of my 2 loves: my daughter and Phish. Problem is I doubt I could stand the pain again. I got one when I was 19 and it was all I could do to let the guy finish.
I've been doing this a long time and have seen lots of changes most of which I can't fucking stand...but I still go anyway because I'm there for the MUSIC and so I tolerate all that other bullshit because I DO get the point. So there :-)
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

PHISH TATTOO

Postby qchippi » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:40 am

should see what i got done today,as soon as i can lift my arm i will get pics up of it.right now i must rest.my arm is sore.im out
qchippi

PHISH TATTOO

Postby OlfactoryHue » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:06 am

more phish tats?
OlfactoryHue
Dr. Pulgar Verde

PHISH TATTOO

Postby qchippi » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:14 am

ya so to speak.its a coi fish swimming up stream with waves around it with a dragon emerging from the top wave and mt fuji in the backdid all the outlining today with shading in three weeks and then color in 6 weeks.
qchippi

PHISH TATTOO

Postby OlfactoryHue » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:23 am

damn, sounds pretty crazy

i have no ink, shit i don't even like to wear watches, rings, necklaces. None, nunca, nada, zilch

and if i could ever rid myself of these demonic devices they call socks i'd be a much happier person as well, damn cold temperatures
OlfactoryHue
Dr. Pulgar Verde

PHISH TATTOO

Postby the Sloth » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:28 am

i want a sick tat on the left shoulder>chest

idky
the Sloth
Mr. Rip Van Winklin'

Blog: View Blog (1)

PHISH TATTOO

Postby ghost_2000 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:54 pm

I've definitely contemplated getting another tattoo. I got my first one literally the day after my 18th birthday. It is my zodiac sign on my right ankle in black ink.

The thing with tattoos is that I really like the ones that are close and personal to someone...something that is identifiable with them and will never change.
My room is round when I lay down, when I wake up it's square.
ghost_2000
The Apparition

PHISH TATTOO

Postby qchippi » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:20 am

ya all my tats have some kind of meaning for me.my first tat was when i turnd 18 also.i got the swan song tat that i just coverd up with a coi. i will replace it prolly on my other arm later on.
qchippi

Next

Return to General Phish Discussion