Today in Phishtory!

Discuss Phish!

Re: Today in Phishtory!

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:37 pm

********************I'll be out for a week.....check back then :wave: *******************
Summer 2010 : Deer Creek -> Deer Creek > Alpine -> Alpine

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby jawbone » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:09 pm

Mr. Hood wrote:

Saturday - 07/16/1994
Summer Stage at Sugarbush
North Fayston, VT

Set I: Golgi Apparatus, Down with Disease, NO2, Stash, The Lizards, Cavern, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Maze > Sparkle, Sample in a Jar

Set II: Run Like an Antelope -> Catapult -> Run Like an Antelope, Harpua -> Also Sprach Zarathustra -> Harpua, AC/DC Bag, Scent of a Mule, Harry Hood, Contact, Chalk Dust Torture

Encore: Suzy Greenberg

Notes: Golgi was preceded by an a cappella line of Back in My Hometown. Harpua included a narration about the comet that crashed into Jupiter. Poster got hit by a comet. Antelope included a Simpsons signal and Trey running around the stage with a megaphone. Catapult saw Fishman take a verbal jab at Trey and his upcoming wedding before quickly recanting. Chalk Dust included a Barracuda tease. This show was officially released as Live Phish 02.

:thumbup:
[#42?] nothin' shakin' but the leaves on the trees
jawbone
Skunk Ape Expatriate

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:14 pm

Friday - 07/26/1991
The Georgia Theatre
Athens, GA

Set I: Chalk Dust Torture, Reba, My Sweet One, Foam, Suzy Greenberg, Cavern, The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday > Avenu Malkenu > The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday > Buried Alive > Bouncing Around the Room, The Landlady, Golgi Apparatus

Set II: Stash, Dinner and a Movie, You Enjoy Myself, Flat Fee, Funky Bitch, The Squirming Coil > Tweezer, Sweet Adeline, The Lizards > Tweezer Reprise

Encore: Lawn Boy, Frankenstein, Split Open and Melt

Notes: This show featured the Giant Country Horns on Suzy, Cavern, Avenu, Buried Alive through Funky Bitch, Tweezer, and Lizards through Melt. The Horns were introduced after Landlady. Stash was dedicated to a fan and Lizards included a Happy Birthday dedication to Chris Kuroda. YEM included a Chameleon tease by the Horns. Sweet Adeline was performed without microphones. The Aquarium Rescue Unit was the opening act.

Sunday - 07/26/1992
Big Birch Concert Pavilion
Patterson, NY

Set I: Chalk Dust Torture, It's Ice, The Divided Sky, Weigh, Split Open and Melt, The Lizards, Llama

Notes: This set was an opener for Santana.

Saturday - 07/26/1997
South Park Meadows
Austin, TX

Set I: Limb By Limb, Dogs Stole Things, Poor Heart, Stash, Billy Breathes, Cars Trucks Buses, Dirt, You Enjoy Myself -> Izabella

Set II: Timber (Jerry) > David Bowie, Harry Hood -> Blister in the Sun Jam -> Harry Hood -> Free, Waste > Johnny B. Goode

Encore: Bouncing Around the Room, Cavern

Notes: Hood was unfinished. The entire show featured Bob Gullotti on a second drum set. YEM included Willie the Pimp teases just before the segue into Izabella.

Sunday - 07/26/1998
Starplex Amphitheatre
Dallas, TX

Set I: Birds of a Feather, You Better Believe It Baby, David Bowie, Frankie Says > Reba, Funky Bitch, Good Times Bad Times

Set II: La Grange, You Enjoy Myself, Albuquerque > Simple > Bold As Love, Sample in a Jar

Encore: Punch You In the Eye > Bittersweet Motel

Notes: This show marked the Phish debuts of You Better Believe It Baby and Albuquerque.

Monday - 07/26/1999
Deer Creek Music Center
Noblesville, IN

Set I: Farmhouse, Back on the Train, Vultures, Sleep, Gumbo -> NICU, Beauty of My Dreams, Bathtub Gin, Mountains in the Mist, Axilla, Stash

Set II: Wolfman's Brother > Piper, Theme From the Bottom > Down with Disease > Jam -> Split Open and Melt

Encore: Woodstock > Julius

Notes: Disease was followed by a feedback-enhanced jam that included 2001 teases before Mike redirected the band into SOAM; Fishman continued playing the 2001 drumbeat underneath parts of SOAM. The second set ended with a speech from Trey that mentioned how happy the band was to be playing for their audience. Trey also spoke of the damage wrought at Woodstock 1999. He subsequently quoted Turning Japanese when mentioning the upcoming trip to Japan. Woodstock, which made its Phish debut at this show, was unfinished.

Saturday - 07/26/2003
HiFi Buys Amphitheatre
Atlanta, GA

Set I: Wilson > Cars Trucks Buses, The Wedge, It's Ice, My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own > Wolfman's Brother, Mexican Cousin, Guyute, Taste

Set II: Piper > Mountains in the Mist, Waves > Tweezer -> NICU > Cavern > You Enjoy Myself

Encore: Wading in the Velvet Sea > Tweezer Reprise

Notes: Piper included a Can’t You Hear Me Knocking tease. NICU included a bass solo from Mike (complete with Trey yelling, “Play it, Cactus!”) instead of Page’s usual organ solo. YEM included a lyrical change to reference “IT” and concluded with a Happy Birthday tease for Chris Kuroda.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:49 pm

Saturday - 07/27/1991
Variety Playhouse
Atlanta, GA

Set I: Llama, Foam, The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > Suzy Greenberg, Cavern, Poor Heart, Stash, The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday > Avenu Malkenu > The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday, Possum, I Didn't Know, The Landlady, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove

Encore: Touch Me, Contact

Notes: This one-set show, opening for The Aquarium Rescue Unit, featured the Giant Country Horns and concluded the summer “Horns Tour.”

Monday - 07/27/1992
Saratoga Performing Arts Center
Saratoga Springs, NY

Set I: Golgi Apparatus, All Things Reconsidered, David Bowie, Horn, Suzy Greenberg, Llama, Sweet Adeline, Rocky Top

Notes: This set was an opener for Santana. In the Bowie intro, Trey said that All Things Reconsidered was a variation on the theme All Things Considered radio show on National Public Radio (prompting a quick ATR tease from Page). Trey added that whenever he thinks of SPAC, he thinks of National Public Radio and that they were now going to play a song that the crowd could sing along to. The intro subsequently included Simpsons and Random Note signals. Bowie later contained an Oye Como Va tease from Trey. Prior to starting Suzy, the band sung the first line a cappella in a different manner than the rest of the song.

Tuesday - 07/27/1993
Classic Amphitheater
Richmond, VA

Set I: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Rift, Stash, The Squirming Coil, Sparkle, It's Ice -> Purple Rain > Hold Your Head Up, You Enjoy Myself

Notes: This single-set performance was part of the H.O.R.D.E. Festival that also featured Allgood, Aquarium Rescue Unit, Big Head Todd & the Monsters, Blues Traveler, The Samples, and Widespread Panic. YEM featured Chan Kinchla and John Popper among other guests (including Jimmy Herring, Matt Mundy, Todd Park Mohr, and other members of ARU and Big Head Todd). Popper was offstage playing the harmonica while an effigy of Popper was lowered to the stage in a wheelchair. As part of the gag, the cord snapped and sent the effigy tumbling to the stage through the trampoline!

Sunday - 07/27/2003
ALLTEL Pavilion
Raleigh, NC

Set I: Runaway Jim > Ya Mar, Down with Disease, The Divided Sky, Sample in a Jar, Discern, Anything But Me, Llama

Set II: Ghost, Halley's Comet -> Seven Below, Tube > Prince Caspian -> Also Sprach Zarathustra > Fire

Encore: The Squirming Coil

Notes: Seven Below included a Mozambique tease. After Seven Below, Trey “welcomed” Mike back to the stage (followed by a “Charge!” tease, with Mike’s name inserted).

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:46 am

Thursday - 07/28/1988
The Roma
Telluride, CO

Set I: Fluffhead, La Grange, The Lizards, Take the 'A' Train, Corinna > David Bowie, Fee, Big Black Furry Creature from Mars

Notes: This setlist is incomplete. The set number in which these songs were performed is unknown, but it is believed that these songs were played late in the show.

Tuesday - 07/28/1992
Finger Lakes Performing Arts Center
Canandaigua, NY

Set I: Chalk Dust Torture, Bouncing Around the Room, Uncle Pen, The Squirming Coil, Tweezer, Runaway Jim

Wednesday - 07/28/1993
Grady Cole Center
Charlotte, NC

Soundcheck: Blues Jam -> Head Games -> Double Vision -> Working for the Weekend

Set I: All Things Reconsidered, Runaway Jim, Ya Mar, Sample in a Jar, Foam, Nellie Kane, Split Open and Melt, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Poor Heart, Cavern

Set II: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Axilla, My Sweet One, Run Like an Antelope, The Lizards, Mound, My Friend, My Friend, Harry Hood, The Great Gig in the Sky > Hold Your Head Up, Chalk Dust Torture

Encore: Piano Duet, Bill Bailey, Won't You Please Come Home?

Notes: This show marked the Phish debut of Bill Bailey Won't You Please Come Home? The encore featured Page’s father, Dr. Jack McConnell, on piano. The Piano Duet also featured Fishman on washboard.

Tuesday - 07/28/1998
Sandstone Amphitheatre
Bonner Springs, KS

Set I: Emotional Rescue > Down with Disease > The Moma Dance > Tela, Sneakin' Sally through the Alley, It's Ice > Lengthwise > It's Ice > Sparkle > Funky Bitch

Set II: The Wedge, Poor Heart, The Mango Song, Brother, Contact, Maze, Prince Caspian > You Enjoy Myself

Encore: Camel Walk, The Squirming Coil

Notes: Contact was performed “Mexican Love Style,” as Trey dedicated the song to a couple he met who had fallen in love. Lengthwise was played for the first time since October 20, 1994 (291 shows).

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby gamecat » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:05 pm

On This Day...7 years ago,...I had 3rd row center (from mail order!) for what would turn out to be the best show of 2003 for me. (and many others :D )

July 29, 2003
Post-Gazette Pavilion at Star Lake

Set 1: Daniel Saw the Stone > Camel Walk, Gotta Jibboo, Cool It Down, Scent of a Mule, Fee -> Timber (Jerry) > When the Circus Comes, McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters, Golgi Apparatus

Set 2: Crosseyed and Painless -> Thunderhead, Brother, Harpua > Bittersweet Motel > Harpua > Fooled Around and Fell in Love > Hold Your Head Up > Harpua, David Bowie

Encore: Farmhouse
gamecat
The Shepherd

Postby willbreathes » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:45 pm

That was last 2.0 show.. but not my favorite. :thumbup:
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:26 pm

Saturday - 07/30/1988
The Roma
Telluride, CO

Set I: All Blues, Mr. P.C.

Set II: Funky Bitch, Suzy Greenberg, She Caught the Katy and Left Me a Mule to Ride, Contact, Maiden Voyage, Corinna

Set III: La Grange, On Your Way Down, Slave to the Traffic Light, Timber (Jerry), Walk Away > Possum, Sneakin' Sally through the Alley, Harpua

Set IV: Fluffhead, Anarchy, Dear Mrs. Reagan, Terrapin, Run Like an Antelope

Encore: Fire

Notes: This show featured the first known Phish performances of Mr. P.C. and Maiden Voyage. Fishman missed the first two sets of the gig, prompting the band to play two sets of jazz and standard Phish material in his absence with Trey on drums. These opening sets are sometimes referred to as “Jazz Odyssey,” as the lone known taper labeled his master tapes as such. During Antelope, Trey told the story of what happened to Fishman that evening and explained that Fish, who had been at the top of a mountain and, therefore, late for the gig, had to “Run like an Antelope, out of control.” Elsewhere in the set, Trey chided Fishman for his tardiness. The narration in Harpua was straightforward, with no teases. Anarchy included teases of Whipping Post. Terrapin featured a Fishman trombone solo. Many tapes of this show in circulation have the venue mislabeled as Fly Me to the Moon Saloon.

Thursday - 07/30/1992
Meadow Brook Music Festival
Rochester Hills, MI

Set I: Rift, Horn, Sparkle, It's Ice > All Things Reconsidered, Maze, I Didn't Know, Possum

Notes: This set was an opener for Santana. Possum included the Simpsons signal.

Friday - 07/30/1993
The Veranda at Starwood
Antioch, TN

Soundcheck: Dancing Days, Makisupa Policeman -> Stir It Up Jam -> Have Mercy -> Pressure Drop -> NICU

Set I: Contact > Llama, Horn, Uncle Pen, Stash, Esther, Chalk Dust Torture, I Didn't Know, Reba, Cavern

Set II: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Tweezer, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Poor Heart, Fluffhead, My Friend, My Friend, Golgi Apparatus, The Squirming Coil, David Bowie

Encore: Walk Away, Amazing Grace

Notes: The Contact opener started before the band took the stage, as they were driven to the front in golf carts and performed the song off stage. Some fans didn’t even realize the show had started until well into Llama, as that song was begun off stage, following a short pause. The show took place in Starwood Amphitheatre's concessions area, which was roped off to accommodate 3500 though fewer than 1800 tickets were sold. The Bowie intro contained a Squirming Coil tease from Trey.

Wednesday - 07/30/1997
Ventura County Fairgrounds
Ventura, CA

Soundcheck: Twist (with Chuck E’s in Love lyrics), Blues Jam, Makisupa Policeman

Set I: NICU, Wolfman's Brother > Chalk Dust Torture, Water in the Sky, Stash, Weigh, Piper, Cars Trucks Buses, Character Zero

Set II: Punch You In the Eye > Free, David Bowie -> Cities -> David Bowie, Bouncing Around the Room, Uncle Pen, Prince Caspian, Fire

Encore: My Soul

Notes: Wolfman’s included a Take Me to the River jam. The Bowie intro included a Simpsons signal; Matt Groening, creator of The Simpsons, was reportedly in attendance.

Friday - 07/30/1999
Naeba Ski Resort
Niigata, Japan

Set I: Chalk Dust Torture, Guyute, Wolfman's Brother, Taste, Punch You In the Eye > Waste, Hello My Baby

Notes: This early afternoon set took place on the Green Stage of the Fuji Rock Festival that also included Blur, Catatonia, Chemical Brothers, Fountains of Wayne, Underworld, and ZZ Top. The set was webcast live. Before PYITE, Trey apologized for not speaking the language and brought out a translator who addressed the crowd in Japanese.

Friday - 07/30/1999
Naeba Ski Resort
Niigata, Japan

Set I: Birds of a Feather, Sample in a Jar, Beauty of My Dreams, Stash, NICU, Funky Bitch > Ghost > Axilla

Set II: Down with Disease, My Soul, Reba, Hold Your Head Up > Bike > Hold Your Head Up, Runaway Jim > Cavern

Encore: Julius

Notes: This show was part of the Fuji Rock Festival and took place on the Field of Heaven stage. Before Bike, Fishman told the crowd that he would play guitar instead of vacuum because the Electrolux vacuum did not make the trip to Japan. Afterwards, Trey said that the song was meant to impress Yoshimi, the drummer from The Boredoms, because Fishman has “a crush on her.”

Wednesday - 07/30/2003
Tweeter Center at the Waterfront
Camden, NJ

Set I: My Friend, My Friend, Lonesome Cowboy Bill, Scents and Subtle Sounds, You Ain't Goin' Nowhere, Spock's Brain > Chalk Dust Torture, On Your Way Down, Fast Enough for You > Taste

Set II: Twist, Bug, You Enjoy Myself, Walls of the Cave

Encore: Secret Smile

Notes: Lonesome Cowboy Bill was played for the first time since October 31, 1998 (173 shows). This show marked the Phish debut of You Ain’t Goin’ Nowhere. On Your Way Down was played for the first time since October 2, 1999 (108 shows). FEFY included a Bathtub Gin tease from Page.

Thursday - 07/30/2009
Red Rocks Amphitheatre
Morrison, CO

Soundcheck: Foam, Party Time, Sugar Shack, Beauty of a Broken Heart, Middle of the Road, Billy Breathes

Set I: The Divided Sky, Ocelot, The Wedge, Poor Heart, The Moma Dance, Horn, Stash, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Possum

Set II: Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Ghost > Wolfman's Brother, Limb By Limb, Billy Breathes, The Squirming Coil > David Bowie

Encore: Loving Cup

Notes: This marked Phish’s first show at Red Rocks since August 7, 1996 (388 shows). Trey introduced Mike before the start of the second set, at which point Mike pretended to leave the stage, prompting Trey to introduce him a second time. Ghost contained a Praise You jam and a Windy City tease. Trey teased Piper before starting Limb By Limb.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby gamecat » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:46 pm

willbreathes wrote:That was last 2.0 show.. but not my favorite. :thumbup:

What was your fave 2.0 show? Just curious.
gamecat
The Shepherd

Postby willbreathes » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:55 pm

gamecat wrote:
willbreathes wrote:That was last 2.0 show.. but not my favorite. :thumbup:

What was your fave 2.0 show? Just curious.

Personally, Cinci2.

Realistically, choose one of the IT shows.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby gamecat » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:56 pm

Ah yes,...the winter Cinci shows that I skipped.
I missed my Lifeboy. :cry:

I think I'll listen to those this weekend. Good choice. :thumbup:
gamecat
The Shepherd

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:48 pm

Sunday - 08/02/1992
Riverport Amphitheater
Maryland Heights, MO

Set I: Chalk Dust Torture, Guelah Papyrus, Rift, The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > Suzy Greenberg > David Bowie, Cavern, Sweet Adeline

Notes: This set was an opener for Santana. Bowie’s intro contained a tease of Cavern, and the Bowie had Oom Pa Pa and Simpsons signals.

Monday - 08/02/1993
Ritz Theatre
Tampa, FL

Soundcheck: Slave to the Traffic Light, Funky Bitch

Set I: Chalk Dust Torture, Guelah Papyrus, Poor Heart, Brother, The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > Suzy Greenberg, All Things Reconsidered, Bathtub Gin -> Makisupa Policeman -> My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own > Dog Log > La Grange

Set II: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Mike's Song -> Sparks > The Ballad of Curtis Loew, Rift, The Squirming Coil, Weekapaug Groove -> Hold Your Head Up > Bike > Hold Your Head Up, Run Like an Antelope

Encore: Sleeping Monkey, Amazing Grace

Notes: Brother made its first appearance since July 14, 1992 (143 shows). Other breakouts included Dog Log (dedicated to Paul, and first since May 4, 1991, or 284 shows), La Grange (first since March 17, 1991, or 311 shows) and Sparks (first since September 13, 1990, or 392 shows). Guelah Papyrus contained a Simpsons signal. Sweet Virginia was teased during Bathtub Gin. The jam out of Mike’s featured Joe Rooney of the band First Born on vocals. The Bike intro featured a Moonshadow tease from Mike. There were Makisupa and When the Saints Go Marching In teases in Antelope, along with the lyric “Marco Policeman-dolas.” Amazing Grace was performed without microphones. This show was originally scheduled for the Cuban Club Plaza and was moved to the Ritz Theatre two weeks prior to the gig.

Friday - 08/02/1996
Wolf Mountain Amphitheatre
Park City, UT

Soundcheck: The Old Home Place, Character Zero, Guelah Papyrus

Set I: Somewhere Over the Rainbow, Ya Mar, Down with Disease, Guelah Papyrus, Poor Heart, Foam, Theme From the Bottom, Golgi Apparatus, Tweezer, Hello My Baby, Possum

Set II: Runaway Jim, Simple, Taste, Free > Fluffhead, Prince Caspian, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Run Like an Antelope

Encore: Punch You In the Eye

Notes: This show marked the debut of Page’s theremin. Somewhere Over the Rainbow was performed solo by Page on the theremin in response to the huge rainbow that appeared over the venue just before the show started. Antelope included a tease from a Star Wars song.

Saturday - 08/02/1997
Gorge Amphitheatre
George, WA

Set I: Theme From the Bottom, Ginseng Sullivan, Ghost, Dogs Stole Things, The Divided Sky, Wolfman's Brother, Water in the Sky, Split Open and Melt

Set II: Down with Disease -> Tweezer -> Johnny B. Goode > Sparkle, Wading in the Velvet Sea, Loving Cup > Tweezer Reprise

Encore: Harry Hood

Notes: Ghost featured jamming based on Who Knows. The Disease intro included a tease of Three Blind Mice.

Sunday - 08/02/1998
Deer Creek Music Center
Noblesville, IN

Set I: Roggae, The Divided Sky, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, You Better Believe It Baby, Boogie On Reggae Woman, Reba, Weigh, Birds of a Feather

Set II: Possum, Ghost > Lifeboy, David Bowie, I Get a Kick Out of You, Loving Cup

Encore: Harry Hood, Bittersweet Motel

Notes: This show marked the Phish debut of I Get a Kick Out of You.

Saturday - 08/02/2003
Loring Commerce Center at Loring Air Force Base
Limestone, ME

Set I: AC/DC Bag, Ya Mar -> Runaway Jim, Reba, Birds of a Feather, Meatstick, Two Versions of Me, Vultures, Limb By Limb, Cavern

Set II: Down with Disease > NICU -> Brother, Lawn Boy, Discern, Waves -> Jam > David Bowie

Set III: Rock and Roll -> Seven Below -> Scents and Subtle Sounds -> Seven Below -> Spread It 'Round > Bug

Encore: Dog Log > The Mango Song

Set IV: Tower Jam

Notes: This was the first show of the IT festival. Ya Mar was unfinished. Reba included tease of the intro to Night Speaks to a Woman in the pause before the whistling. Birds was followed by a “Meatstick” chant from the crowd, prompting Trey to note that the band would “like to honor” the request. After a long pause, Trey commented, “We’re taking our sweet time up here because…we have no place to go for two days.” Meatstick subsequently included the Japanese lyrics. NICU ended with a bass solo from Mike at Trey’s request (“Play it, Cactus!”). Seven Below was unfinished. Scents and Subtle Sounds included Seven Below teases. Before Dog Log, Trey remarked that the band couldn’t figure out what to play, and noted how, on this tour, the band made a conscious effort to not think about what songs they were going to play next. The fourth set “Tower Jam” found Phish playing on top the old air traffic control tower near the concert field. The set consisted of roughly an hour’s worth of unscripted jam material, with no notable teases or jams present. While Phish jammed, Chris Kuroda illuminated the tower’s interior and exterior with a light show and dancers suspended by wires around the side of the tower performed on the structure.

Sunday - 08/02/2009
Red Rocks Amphitheatre
Morrison, CO

Set I: Roses Are Free, Wilson > NICU, Prince Caspian, Back on the Train, Reba, Grind, Beauty of a Broken Heart, Sample in a Jar, Sugar Shack, Waste, Kill Devil Falls

Set II: Boogie On Reggae Woman, You Enjoy Myself -> Undermind -> Drums -> Seven Below > Also Sprach Zarathustra > Waves > Character Zero

Encore: Bittersweet Motel, Bouncing Around the Room, Slave to the Traffic Light

Notes: Boogie On featured a Twist-esque jam and contained an Oye Come Va tease from Page. Both Trey and Page teased AC/DC Bag during YEM. Undermind through Zero featured Bill Kreutzmann on drums. Before the encore, Trey explained that Bittersweet Motel was being played at the request of his daughter, Bella. After Bittersweet Motel, Fish remarked that he felt lonely again and needed the second drummer back.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:17 pm

Wednesday - 08/03/1988
Fly Me to the Moon Saloon
Telluride, CO

Set I: Possum, On Your Way Down, Sneakin' Sally through the Alley, Colonel Forbin's Ascent > Fly Famous Mockingbird, Good Times Bad Times

Set II: Suzy Greenberg > Light Up Or Leave Me Alone, Fee > La Grange, Take the 'A' Train, Whipping Post, The Lizards, I Know a Little, You Enjoy Myself, Jesus Just Left Chicago

Set III: Peaches en Regalia > Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Fluffhead, Harry Hood, Satin Doll, Funky Bitch, Walk Away

Notes: A birthday dedication to “Stacy” followed Fluffhead. Many tapes mislabel this venue as The Roma.

Saturday - 08/03/1991
Larrabee Farm a.k.a. Amy’s Farm
Auburn, ME

Soundcheck: Poor Heart, Crimes of the Mind (with the Dude of Life), Bitchin’ Again (with the Dude and Sofi Dillof)

Set I: Wilson, Foam, Runaway Jim, Guelah Papyrus, Llama, Fee, The Squirming Coil, Poor Heart, The Sloth, The Divided Sky, Golgi Apparatus

Set II: The Curtain, Reba, Chalk Dust Torture, Bouncing Around the Room, Tweezer, Esther, Cavern, I Didn't Know, You Enjoy Myself, Rocky Top

Set III: Stash, Ya Mar, Fluffhead, Lawn Boy, My Sweet One, The Lizards, Buried Alive > Possum

Encore: Magilla, Self, Bitchin' Again, Crimes of the Mind

Encore II: Harry Hood

Notes: This was a free show. YEM featured an infamous “no gerbils in your bottom” vocal jam. Self, Bitchin’ Again, and Crimes of the Mind (the last two Phish debuts) featured The Dude of Life, and Bitchin’ Again also featured Sofi Dillof. Buried Alive featured Jamie Janover on didgeridoo. Self was played for the first time since September 13, 1990 (132 shows).

Tuesday - 08/03/1993
Bayfront Park Amphitheater
Miami, FL

Set I: Runaway Jim, Nellie Kane, Foam, Fee > Rift, Stash, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Ya Mar, Llama, Cavern

Set II: Lengthwise > Maze, Bouncing Around the Room, It's Ice, You Enjoy Myself, The Lizards, Sparkle, Purple Rain > Hold Your Head Up, Golgi Apparatus

Encore: Poor Heart, Free Bird

Sunday - 08/03/1997
Gorge Amphitheatre
George, WA

Set I: Bathtub Gin > Foam, Samson Variation, Dirt, Vultures, My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own, Twist > Jesus Just Left Chicago, Limb By Limb, Character Zero

Set II: Julius, Simple, Fluffhead, Lifeboy, Taste, Hello My Baby, Frankenstein

Encore: Bouncing Around the Room, Slave to the Traffic Light

Monday - 08/03/1998
Deer Creek Music Center
Noblesville, IN

Set I: Rhinoceros, Halley's Comet > I Didn't Know, Ride Captain Ride, Cars Trucks Buses, The Moma Dance, Strange Design, Character Zero

Set II: Gumbo, Axilla > Limb By Limb, Meat > Hold Your Head Up > Bike > Hold Your Head Up, Tube, The Wedge

Encore: When the Circus Comes, Run Like an Antelope

Notes: This show marked the Phish debut of Rhinoceros. The Halley’s jam included A Love Supreme teases from Page. The show also featured the return of Ride Captain Ride, which had not been played since December 30, 1992 (491 shows) and Bike, which had not been played since November 7, 1996 (129 shows). Gumbo included Manteca teases.

Sunday - 08/03/2003
Limestone, ME

Set I: Daniel Saw the Stone > Saw It Again, Punch You In the Eye, Army of One, Chalk Dust Torture, Wilson, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove

Set II: Mellow Mood > Ghost -> Mountains in the Mist, Pebbles and Marbles, You Enjoy Myself -> Chariots of Fire > Loving Cup

Set III: 46 Days, Julius > The Lizards, Secret Smile, Run Like an Antelope

Encore: Good Times Bad Times

Notes: This was the second show of the IT festival. The ending of Chalk Dust was performed at near double-time. Trey omitted a verse in Wilson. Afterwards, he announced that it was the “shortest version ever” and dedicated it to Phish archivist Kevin Shapiro. Trey then humorously announced that the band would next play the “longest Bittersweet Motel” (traditionally one of the shortest songs in the Phish canon). The crowd responded with a passionate “Fluffhead” chant, but Trey responded: “Mike says no” (prompting laughs from the other band members). Appropriately, Trey launched into Mike’s Song but Mike had the last laugh: during the Mike’s Song intro, Mike sang his “Hendge” lyric that had been omitted from Wilson. Weekapaug included a Seven Below tease. YEM contained the event-appropriate lyrical change “Boy, Man, God, IT,” a Frankenstein tease from Mike, and a vocal quote of Daniel Saw the Stone. The band vamped on the theme to Chariots of Fire (a Phish debut) while Trey introduced the top finishers in the Runaway Jim 5K race. During Antelope, Trey thanked the staff, road crew, caterers (“part of the reason we’re playing so well is because we have the best food this tour that we’ve ever had”), and fans. He concluded by encouraging everyone to drive safely and noted tongue-in-cheek that next year’s “IT 2” would have a traffic-free entrance. Antelope also included Under Pressure (or, if you please, Ice Ice Baby) and It’s Ice teases.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:57 pm

Thursday - 08/04/1988
The Roma
Telluride, CO

Set I: The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday > Avenu Malkenu > The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday, Flat Fee, The Lizards, McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters, Alumni Blues > Letter to Jimmy Page > Alumni Blues, The Sloth, Take the 'A' Train, Poor Heart, Peaches en Regalia, David Bowie

Set II: Camel Walk, The Curtain > Wilson, No Dogs Allowed, Dog Log, Suzy Greenberg, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Satin Doll, Possum

Set III: Big Leg Emma, Fee, Run Like an Antelope, Rocky Top, Tela, Dear Mrs. Reagan

Encore: Fluffhead

Notes: This show featured the first known performance of Poor Heart.

Saturday - 08/04/1990
The Red Barn
Hinesburg, VT

No known setlist.

Notes: It is believed that this was a private party.

Sunday - 08/04/1996
Red Rocks Amphitheatre
Morrison, CO

Soundcheck: Character Zero, Poor Heart (half speed), Caravan, Jam

Set I: Chalk Dust Torture, Funky Bitch, Guyute, Fee, Split Open and Melt, The Mango Song, The Sloth, Maze, Loving Cup

Set II: AC/DC Bag, Reba, Scent of a Mule, Sample in a Jar, David Bowie, Sweet Adeline, Slave to the Traffic Light

Encore: Theme From Star Trek, Rocky Top

Notes: The Theme from Star Trek made its Phish debut at this show and was performed by Page solo on the theremin.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:07 pm

Friday - 08/05/1988
The Roma
Telluride, CO

Set I: La Grange, You Enjoy Myself > Cities -> Dave's Energy Guide -> Cities, Take the 'A' Train, Funky Bitch, Dinner and a Movie, Fire

Set II: Golgi Apparatus > AC/DC Bag, Satin Doll, Sanity, Big Black Furry Creature from Mars, Slave to the Traffic Light, Alumni Blues > Letter to Jimmy Page > Alumni Blues, The Lizards

Set III: Mustang Sally, Corinna, Walk Away, Jesus Just Left Chicago, Contact, Makisupa Policeman, Whipping Post

Encore: Harpua

Notes: On the recordings of this show in circulation, both Dinner and a Movie and Slave are cut. ‘A’ Train included a London Bridge tease from Trey. Cities included Dave's Energy Guide teases before actually segueing into the song. Funky Bitch was dedicated to The Blue Sevilles, a band playing across the street. The band brought light board operator Tim Rogers on-stage for his birthday and presented him with a “Baked in Telluride” T-shirt. BBFCFM included a Flintstones theme tease.

Monday - 08/05/1996
Red Rocks Amphitheatre
Morrison, CO

Soundcheck: Strange Design (several times)

Set I: Wilson, Poor Heart, Guelah Papyrus, The Divided Sky, Wolfman's Brother, Foam, If I Could, Julius, The Squirming Coil

Set II: Also Sprach Zarathustra, Down with Disease -> It's Ice, Halley's Comet -> Somewhere Over the Rainbow, Waste, Talk, Train Song, Strange Design, Amazing Grace, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove

Encore: Cavern

Notes: As urged in flyers handed out by Phish.netters, many fans sat down during the silent part of Divided Sky. Somewhere Over the Rainbow was performed solo by Page on the theremin. Waste through Strange Design were performed with Page on a smaller piano, Trey on acoustic guitar, Mike on acoustic bass, and Fishman on a smaller drum set. This show marked the first performance of Talk and featured an atypical It’s Ice. Mike teased Barracuda before the second set.

Wednesday - 08/05/2009
Shoreline Amphitheatre
Mountain View, CA

Set I: Golgi Apparatus, Halley's Comet > Chalk Dust Torture, The Divided Sky, When the Circus Comes, Time Turns Elastic, Ya Mar, Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan, Suzy Greenberg, David Bowie

Set II: Backwards Down the Number Line > Down with Disease > Limb By Limb, Oh! Sweet Nuthin', Cities -> Maze, Mike's Song > Simple > Weekapaug Groove

Encore: Let Me Lie, Bold As Love

Notes: This show featured the first performance of Oh! Sweet Nuthin’ since October 31, 1998 (225 shows).

Thursday - 08/05/2010
Greek Theatre
Berkeley, CA

Soundcheck: Burn That Bridge

Set I: Possum, Wolfman's Brother, The Divided Sky, Funky Bitch, Kill Devil Falls, Halley's Comet > Sample in a Jar, NICU, Bouncing Around the Room, Run Like an Antelope

Set II: Down with Disease > Free, Alaska, Back on the Train, Maze, Joy, Tweezer -> Fluffhead

Encore: Loving Cup, Tweezer Reprise

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:44 pm

Saturday - 08/06/1988
Aspen Mining Company
Aspen, CO

No known setlist.

Friday - 08/06/1993
Cincinnati Zoo Peacock Pavilion
Cincinnati, OH

Set I: Split Open and Melt, Poor Heart, The Curtain > Sample in a Jar, Rift, Horn, The Divided Sky, Nellie Kane, Chalk Dust Torture, Suzy Greenberg

Set II: Buried Alive > Tweezer, Guelah Papyrus, The Squirming Coil, Uncle Pen, You Enjoy Myself -> Cocaine Jam -> You Enjoy Myself -> Halley's Comet > Slave to the Traffic Light, Hold Your Head Up > Cracklin' Rosie > Hold Your Head Up, Tweezer Reprise

Encore: Amazing Grace

Notes: Suzy Greenberg, Tweezer, Guelah Papyrus, and YEM included Tequila teases; Guelah included a Simpsons signal. The YEM vocal jam was to the tune of Cocaine and included some Tweezer lyrics. Slave was played for the first time since October 24, 1991 (241 shows).

Tuesday - 08/06/1996
Red Rocks Amphitheatre
Morrison, CO

Set I: Makisupa Policeman, Rift, Suzy Greenberg > Simple, Theme From the Bottom, The Lizards, Dinner and a Movie, Horn, Run Like an Antelope

Set II: The Curtain > Tweezer, Prince Caspian, A Day in the Life, Big Black Furry Creature from Mars, Hold Your Head Up > Purple Rain > Hold Your Head Up, Harry Hood > Tweezer Reprise

Encore: Johnny B. Goode

Notes: Note the “This is Red Rocks, This is the Edge” quote from Trey during the break in Rift. The quote was a reference both to U2’s Live: Under a Blood Red Sky album and Trey’s similar remarks on the Junta-released version of Icculus. Suzy included a Simple tease. The phrase “21 year old Phish Fan Marcus Esquandolas” was substituted for “Marco Esquandolas” during Antelope in reference to a fan’s quote in a newspaper article on the disturbance in Morrison the day before. Tweezer included a Norwegian Wood jam. Harry Hood featured the debut of the “Hood” response chant, initiated by Phish.netters and advertised on flyers handed out at the Red Rocks shows. Among other ideas, the flyers encouraged fans to shout: “Hood” after the band sings “Harry.” It began to rain in the second set; the band responded with Purple Rain, and Chris Kuroda showed the stage in purple lights. The performance of Simple from this gig appears on the Carved in Stone CD benefiting The Rocks Fund, dedicated to the rehabilitation and preservation of Red Rocks Amphitheatre.

Wednesday - 08/06/1997
Riverport Amphitheater
Maryland Heights, MO

Set I: NICU, Stash, Beauty of My Dreams, Twist -> Also Sprach Zarathustra > AC/DC Bag, Ya Mar, You Enjoy Myself

Set II: Runaway Jim -> My Soul, Ghost, Prince Caspian, Cars Trucks Buses, Sample in a Jar, Run Like an Antelope

Encore: Julius

Notes: Antelope included Star Wars theme teases and a Makisupa jam with Page on the theremin and Mike on a mini-drum.

Thursday - 08/06/1998
Lakewood Amphitheatre
Atlanta, GA

Soundcheck: Sleeping Monkey, The Wedge, If You Need a Fool, Dog Log -> Jam -> Sexual Healing

Set I: The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > Suzy Greenberg, Roses Are Free, Roggae, Beauty of My Dreams, Vultures, Train Song, Billy Breathes, Fluffhead, The Moma Dance, Hold Your Head Up > Cracklin' Rosie > Hold Your Head Up, My Soul

Set II: Birds of a Feather, Wolfman's Brother -> Talk, NICU, Prince Caspian, The Mango Song, Down with Disease

Encore: Runnin’ with the Devil, You Enjoy Myself

Notes: This show marked the Phish debut of Running With the Devil, which was also teased during YEM. Trey once again referred to Fishman as “Bob Weaver” after Cracklin’ Rosie (played for the first time since August 14, 1996, or 148 shows).

Friday - 08/06/2010
Greek Theatre
Berkeley, CA

Set I: Chalk Dust Torture, Guyute, Ocelot, It's Ice, Cities > The Moma Dance > Bathtub Gin > Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan

Set II: Rock and Roll > Ghost > Mike's Song > Simple > Backwards Down the Number Line, Show of Life, Seven Below -> Weekapaug Groove, You Enjoy Myself

Encore: Good Times Bad Times

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:57 pm

Sunday - 08/08/1993
Nautica Stage
Cleveland, OH

Set I: Big Black Furry Creature from Mars, Foam, Loving Cup, Runaway Jim, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Punch You In the Eye, Fast Enough for You, Paul and Silas, I Didn't Know, David Bowie

Set II: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Rift > Harry Hood, Wilson > It's Ice > Fluffhead, Possum > Big Ball Jam, Hold Your Head Up > Love You > Hold Your Head Up, Daniel Saw the Stone, Good Times Bad Times

Encore: My Sweet One, Free Bird

Notes: BBFCFM included a Divided Sky tease and Possum included a Tequila tease. Bowie included Random Note and Simpsons signals. I Didn’t Know featured Fishman on washboard. After the introductory HYHU, while Fish tried to figure out which song he would sing, Trey congratulated a fan who sunk two “baskets” during the BBJ. The band responded with a brief tease of Rock and Roll Part Two before Fish cued up Love You.

Friday - 08/08/1997
New World Music Theatre
Tinley Park, IL

Set I: Cars Trucks Buses, Gumbo > The Lizards, Dirt, It's Ice, Water in the Sky, Character Zero

Set II: Wolfman's Brother -> Free, Limb By Limb, Loving Cup, Prince Caspian > Chalk Dust Torture

Encore: Hoochie Coochie Man, Messin' With the Kid

Notes: The encore, which included the Phish debut of Messin’ with the Kid, featured Sugar Blue on harmonica and vocals. Hoochie Coochie Man was played for the first time since April 10, 1993 (381 shows).

Saturday - 08/08/1998
Merriweather Post Pavillion
Columbia, MD

Soundcheck: If You Need a Fool, Shafty

Set I: The Wedge, NICU, Sneakin' Sally through the Alley -> Guyute, Fikus, Farmhouse, Possum, Sweet Jane

Set II: Cavern, Also Sprach Zarathustra > Tela -> Piper, Sexual Healing > Hold Your Head Up, Harry Hood

Encore: Sabotage

Notes: This show marked the Phish debuts of Sweet Jane and Sabotage.

Saturday - 08/08/2009
Gorge Amphitheatre
George, WA

Soundcheck: Middle of the Road (several times), Twenty Years Later

Set I: The Mango Song > Chalk Dust Torture, Middle of the Road, Tweezer, Driver, Twenty Years Later, Ya Mar, It's Ice, Wolfman's Brother > Character Zero > Run Like an Antelope

Set II: Rock and Roll -> Makisupa Policeman, Alaska, The Wedge, You Enjoy Myself, Backwards Down the Number Line > Piper, Grind

Encore: Good Times Bad Times, Tweezer Reprise

Notes: This show marked the Phish debut of Middle of the Road. Prior to Mike’s solo in the intro of Antelope, Trey whispered, “Cactus, Cactus, Cactus gonna play it for you, Cactus.” The keyword for Makisupa was “did like Bobby Brown. I ate my breakfast and I laid back down.” Trey and Mike switched instruments during Makisupa. Trey teased Hedwig’s Theme during YEM. BDTNL was unfinished. Fish teased Llama several times at the end of Piper. During the soundcheck, Trey played an extended tease of the intro to Fly Famous Mockingbird.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:14 pm

Sunday - 08/09/1987
Nectar's
Burlington, VT

Set I: Golgi Apparatus, Slave to the Traffic Light, La Grange, The Chase -> Possum, Sneakin' Sally through the Alley, Timber (Jerry), Good Times Bad Times, AC/DC Bag, Shaggy Dog, Funky Bitch

Set II: The Curtain With, Halley's Comet, The Sloth, Light Up Or Leave Me Alone -> Skin It Back, Peaches en Regalia, Fluffhead, Fee, Harry Hood, Harpua, Suzy Greenberg

Set III: David Bowie, You Enjoy Myself, Ya Mar, The Divided Sky, Flat Fee, McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters, Corinna

Notes: This show marked the first known performances of The Curtain With,The Sloth, Fee, Harpua, Divided Sky, and Flat Fee, as well as the first known Phish performance of La Grange.

Tuesday - 08/09/1988
John & Peter's
New Hope, PA

No known setlist.

Notes: The date of this show may be incorrect, but is known to have taken place between the Aspen show on August 6 and the show at The Front on August 11.

Monday - 08/09/1993
Concert Hall
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Set I: Chalk Dust Torture -> Who Knows Jam -> Chalk Dust Torture, Mound, Fee > Split Open and Melt -> Glide, Nellie Kane > The Divided Sky, Memories, The Squirming Coil

Set II: Dinner and a Movie > Tweezer > Tela > My Friend, My Friend, My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own, You Enjoy Myself -> Contact, Crimes of the Mind

Encore: Rocky Top

Notes: Glide included Simpsons, All Fall Down, and Random Note signals. Nellie Kane was teased in Divided Sky and also in YEM from Mike. YEM's jam segment included Smoke on the Water teases with Trey quoting "Here comes Speed Racer" during one of them and the vocal jam contained verses from Psycho Killer. Contact subsequently started as part of the vocal jam. Crimes of the Mind (with the Dude of Life on vocals) was played for the first time since November 8, 1991 (234 shows).

Saturday - 08/09/1997
Alpine Valley Music Theatre
East Troy, WI

Set I: Theme From the Bottom, Punch You In the Eye, Ghost -> Taste, Dogs Stole Things, Reba, Lawn Boy, Crossroads

Set II: Wilson > Foam, Mike's Song -> Ain't Love Funny -> Simple -> Swept Away > Steep > Scent of a Mule, Slave to the Traffic Light > Weekapaug Groove

Encore: When the Circus Comes, Rocky Top

Notes: Scent featured a duel between Trey and Mike after Page’s solo. Mike and Trey started their duel facing each other and wound up on the ground doing bicycle kicks while they played. Weekapaug included Can’t You Hear Me Knocking teases. Crossroads was played for the first time since December 9, 1995 (127 shows).

Sunday - 08/09/1998
Virginia Beach Amphitheater
Virginia Beach, VA

Set I: Punch You In the Eye, Bathtub Gin, The Lizards, The Moma Dance, Birds of a Feather, Esther, Roggae, Bouncing Around the Room, David Bowie

Set II: AC/DC Bag > Sparkle, Run Like an Antelope, Brian and Robert, Waste, Somewhere Over the Rainbow, You Enjoy Myself, Frankenstein, Chalk Dust Torture, Hello My Baby

Encore: Terrapin Station

Notes: AC/DC Bag included an Electric Funeral tease. Somewhere Over the Rainbow was played for the first time since August 13, 1996 (152 shows). Terrapin Station made its Phish debut at this show, as the band commemorated the third anniversary of Jerry Garcia’s passing.

Monday - 08/09/2004
Hampton Coliseum
Hampton, VA

Set I: Chalk Dust Torture, Bathtub Gin -> Runaway Jim, Walls of the Cave, Loving Cup

Set II: All of These Dreams, Limb By Limb, Lifeboy, Crowd Control, Seven Below, Stash -> NICU, Bug, Contact > Character Zero

Encore: David Bowie

Notes: All of These Dreams was preceded by a Fluffhead tease. After several glowsticks hit Trey’s rig at the end of Seven Below, Trey’s guitar tech, Brian Brown, had to come onstage to do some damage control, prompting Trey to say some word of thanks. Seven Below contained a Mary Had a Little Lamb tease from Trey. Contact culminated in a Little Drummer Boy jam.

Monday - 08/09/2010
Telluride Town Park
Telluride, CO

Soundcheck: Funky Bitch > Cities, Ginseng Sullivan, 46 Days [Unconfirmed and possibly incomplete]

Set I: Down with Disease, Camel Walk, Ocelot, Light Up Or Leave Me Alone, Summer of '89, Stash, Cavern, The Wedge, Possum, Julius

Set II: Sand > Backwards Down the Number Line > Prince Caspian > Tweezer > Boogie On Reggae Woman > Piper > Mountains in the Mist, David Bowie, A Day in the Life

Encore: Quinn the Eskimo, Tweezer Reprise

Notes: This show featured the first Quinn the Eskimo since October 2, 1999 (209 shows).

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:52 pm

Monday - 08/10/1987
Nectar's
Burlington, VT

Set I: Peaches en Regalia, Alumni Blues > Letter to Jimmy Page > Alumni Blues, Golgi Apparatus, Wilson, Quinn the Eskimo, The Divided Sky, Good Times Bad Times

Set II: Fire, AC/DC Bag -> Possum, Fluffhead, Fee, The Curtain With, I Know a Little, Mustang Sally, You Enjoy Myself, La Grange

Set III: Icculus, David Bowie, Jesus Just Left Chicago, Whipping Post, Anarchy, Tush, Dear Mrs. Reagan

Notes: Icculus was dedicated to Paul Languedoc’s mother on her birthday. This show featured the first known Phish performance of Jesus Just Left Chicago.

Saturday - 08/10/1996
Alpine Valley Music Theatre
East Troy, WI

Soundcheck: Character Zero, The Old Home Place, Funky Bitch

Set I: My Friend, My Friend, Poor Heart, AC/DC Bag, Fee, Reba, I Didn't Know, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Rift, Bathtub Gin, Cavern

Set II: Wilson, Down with Disease, Scent of a Mule, Free, Fluffhead, Hold Your Head Up > Whipping Post > Hold Your Head Up, Harry Hood, A Day in the Life

Encore: Contact, Fire

Notes: Page teased In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida during the Mule Duel. Whipping Post was played for the first time since April 20, 1993 (284 shows). My Friend featured Trey using his microphone stand as a slide.

Sunday - 08/10/1997
Deer Creek Music Center
Noblesville, IN

Soundcheck: Dog Log, Paul and Silas, Funky Bitch (slow), She Caught the Katy and Left Me a Mule to Ride, Star Trek theme jam (Page on Theremin).

Set I: Bathtub Gin -> Sparkle, Down with Disease, Dirt, Cars Trucks Buses, Billy Breathes, Split Open and Melt, Bye Bye Foot > Ginseng Sullivan, Harry Hood

Set II: Cities -> Good Times Bad Times -> Rotation Jam -> Rock A William -> David Bowie

Encore: Cavern

Notes: The long, involved Rotation Jam to set up Rock A William started when Page went to the theremin for a solo. Soon after, Trey took up the keys and Mike went to play guitar. Page eventually picked up Mike’s bass. After they jammed a bit longer, Mike went to join Trey on the keys. Trey then joined Fishman on the drums. The two of them played on the same drum set and Mike took a piano solo. Trey eventually kicked Fishman off the drum stool, and Fishman picked up Trey’s guitar. SOAM contained a Third Stone from the Sun tease, as well as a Lark’s Tongues in Aspic (Part II) jam.

Tuesday - 08/10/2004
Tweeter Center
Mansfield, MA

Set I: AC/DC Bag, Heavy Things, Punch You In the Eye, Wolfman's Brother, Theme From the Bottom, Birds of a Feather

Set II: Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, A Song I Heard the Ocean Sing -> Piper -> Makisupa Policeman, Dog Faced Boy, Friday, Harry Hood

Encore: Possum

Notes: This version of Weekapaug featured a slowed down ending. After Weekapaug, Trey told a story explaining the origins of Weekapaug and ASIHTOS. The “keyword” for Makisupa referred to a tall, cool glass of soy milk. Possum did not contain its customary build-up intro.

Tuesday - 08/10/2010
Telluride Town Park
Telluride, CO

Soundcheck: Nellie Kane, You Better Believe It Baby [Unconfirmed and possibly incomplete]

Set I: The Squirming Coil, Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan, Ya Mar, Timber (Jerry), Let Me Lie, The Divided Sky, Walk Away, Roses Are Free > Limb By Limb, Bouncing Around the Room, Run Like an Antelope

Set II: Party Time, Mike's Song > Crosseyed and Painless > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Destiny Unbound, Carini > Free > Heavy Things, You Enjoy Myself

Encore: Shine a Light

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:15 pm

Thursday - 08/11/1988
The Front
Burlington, VT

No known setlist.

Friday - 08/11/1989
Tree Café
Portland, ME

No known setlist.

Notes: While it is believed this show was played, confirmation could not be established.

Wednesday - 08/11/1993
Eastbrook Theatre
Grand Rapids, MI

Set I: Buried Alive > Runaway Jim > Weigh > It's Ice, Ginseng Sullivan, My Friend, My Friend, The Mango Song, Stash, Sparkle > Cavern

Set II: Mike's Song > The Great Gig in the Sky > Weekapaug Groove, Esther > All Things Reconsidered, Bouncing Around the Room -> Rift > Jesus Just Left Chicago, My Sweet One > Run Like an Antelope

Encore: Sweet Adeline, Bold As Love

Notes: Ginseng Sullivan made its Phish debut in the first set, featuring Trey on acoustic and Fish on washboard. Sweet Adeline was performed without microphones. My Sweet One and Antelope each contained multiple Simpsons signals, and My Sweet One also contained an Aw Fuck! signal and Oom Pa Pa signal. Mike teased the Jeopardy! theme during Antelope, which also included a tease of A Love Supreme. Fishman quoted the vocals of Games Without Frontiers during Mike’s Song. This Mike’s Groove is included as filler on Live Phish 07.

Monday - 08/11/1997
Deer Creek Music Center
Noblesville, IN

Set I: Makisupa Policeman -> Maze, Water in the Sky, Guyute, Guelah Papyrus, Limb By Limb, Horn, Run Like an Antelope

Set II: Timber (Jerry), Piper, Vultures > My Soul, You Enjoy Myself, Character Zero

Notes: The “Rye Rye Rocco” section of Antelope included Page on theremin.

Tuesday - 08/11/1998
Star Lake Amphitheatre
Burgettstown, PA

Set I: Trench Town Rock > Julius > Wolfman's Brother -> Time Loves a Hero, Bittersweet Motel, Reba, The Sloth, Ginseng Sullivan, Fee, Maze, Sample in a Jar

Set II: Runaway Jim, Meat, Limb By Limb, When the Circus Comes, Down with Disease

Encore: Wilson > Golgi Apparatus

Notes: This show marked the Phish debut of Trench Town Rock and the return of Time Loves a Hero (first since November 5, 1988, or 1,022 shows). Runaway Jim included a tease of Maria from West Side Story.

Wednesday - 08/11/2004
Tweeter Center
Mansfield, MA

Set I: The Divided Sky, Suzy Greenberg -> Down with Disease -> Prince Caspian > Scent of a Mule -> Tears of a Clown -> Scent of a Mule, Mexican Cousin

Set II: Run Like an Antelope > Also Sprach Zarathustra > Golgi Apparatus, Waves > Tweezer > Hold Your Head Up > Terrapin > Hold Your Head Up, Drums -> Timber (Jerry) > Sample in a Jar

Encore: Bouncing Around the Room > Tweezer Reprise

Notes: During Suzy, Trey introduced Fish as “Johnny B. Fishman” on snare drum, whereupon Fish took a snare drum solo. This show featured the Phish debut of Tears of a Clown. Unfortunately, no one knew all of the words to Tears of a Clown, so they picked a member of the audience to come onstage and sing (prompting Trey to note, “She saved our ass.”). Tweezer contained a HYHU jam at the end (with Trey still on guitar and Fish on drums). During HYHU, Fish introduced himself as “Prince” and added some vacuum accompaniment. Before Terrapin, Trey joked, “Won’t be needing this anymore!” and acted as if he was going to throw his guitar into the crowd, to a reception of lusty boos from the crowd. After Terrapin, Trey took an impromptu poll of the audience as to whether a Fishman tune makes the show or destroys the show, with Page notably coming in on the side of destroys the show, though softening the blow by explaining, "Well, it's a crapshoot. Sometimes it's great, but sometimes...you wonder." Mike, more charitably, stated, “On a scale of two to three, I give it a three.” Before the Drums Jam with Trey and Fish, Trey noted that it had always been a dream of his to start a song with a double drum solo; this was the first known instance.

Tuesday - 08/11/2009
Toyota Park
Bridgeview, IL

Soundcheck: Liquid Time > Funky Bitch

Set I: Kill Devil Falls, Sample in a Jar, Ocelot, Paul and Silas, Windy City, The Curtain With, Train Song, Gumbo, Heavy Things, Time Turns Elastic

Set II: Backwards Down the Number Line > Carini > Gotta Jibboo, Theme From the Bottom, Wilson > Also Sprach Zarathustra > Chalk Dust Torture, Harry Hood, The Squirming Coil

Encore: Loving Cup

Notes: This show featured the first Paul and Silas since November 29, 1998 (209 shows). Trey explained that Paul and Silas was “sort of a request” for a fan he met the night before. This show marked the debut of Windy City, which Trey indicated the band had been waiting to debut in Chicago.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:29 pm

Wednesday - 08/17/1988
Gallagher’s
Waitsfield, VT

No known setlist.

Thursday - 08/17/1989
The Front
Burlington, VT

Set I: Ya Mar, Suzy Greenberg, McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters, The Sloth, Rocky Top, Harry Hood, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove

Set II: Walk Away, AC/DC Bag, The Mango Song, Fee, You Enjoy Myself, The Lizards

Set III: The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony, Bold As Love, Punch You In the Eye, Possum, Halley's Comet > Alumni Blues > Letter to Jimmy Page > Alumni Blues, Contact, Run Like an Antelope

Encore: Golgi Apparatus, Fire

Notes: This show included the first known version of PYITE. Halley’s featured Richard Wright on vocals. Richard announced that it was the last time he’d ever sing it. Rocky Top was played for the Drebbers, who had just gotten married (see August 12, 1989).

Monday - 08/17/1992
The Coach House
San Juan Capistrano, CA

Set I: Buried Alive, Poor Heart, The Landlady, Reba, Rift, Wilson > All Things Reconsidered, Foam, My Friend, My Friend, Bouncing Around the Room, David Bowie

Set II: Suzy Greenberg, It's Ice, Tweezer, Esther, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Horn, Hold Your Head Up > Terrapin > Hold Your Head Up, Take the 'A' Train > Somewhere Over the Rainbow, Cavern

Notes: Wilson contained Simpsons, All Fall Down Down, and Random Note signals. Prior to starting Suzy, the band sung the first line a cappella in a different manner than the rest of the song. Suzy subsequently contained an Oye Como Va tease from Trey. Ninja Mike sat in on drums during Terrapin and added some vocal scats during the vacuum solo. ‘A’ Train was preceded by a tease of the Flintstones theme and included a jam on the theme within it, as well as a tease of Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Although Rainbow had been previously teased on 3/13/92 and 3/14/92, it made its Phish debut as a full performance after A Train before being teased again by Trey in the Cavern intro. Ninja Custodian opened this show.

Tuesday - 08/17/1993
Memorial Hall
Kansas City, KS

Soundcheck: Jam -> Shock The Monkey

Set I: Wilson, Llama, Guelah Papyrus, The Divided Sky, Weigh > Maze, Fluffhead, Fast Enough for You, Daniel Saw the Stone

Set II: Also Sprach Zarathustra > David Bowie, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Rift, Suzy Greenberg, You Enjoy Myself -> Purple Rain > Hold Your Head Up, My Sweet One, Cavern

Encore: Memories, Fire

Notes: Mike dropped a few vocal references to Wilson in Llama. Guelah Papyrus included an Oom Pa Pa signal. The vocal jam in YEM was based on Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da.

Saturday - 08/17/1996
Plattsburgh Air Force Base
Plattsburgh, NY

Set I: The Old Home Place, Punch You In the Eye, Reba > Cars Trucks Buses, The Lizards, Sample in a Jar, Taste, Fee -> Maze, Suzy Greenberg

Set II: The Curtain, Runaway Jim, It's Ice, Brother, Fluffhead, Run Like an Antelope, Golgi Apparatus, Slave to the Traffic Light

Set III: Wilson, Frankenstein, Scent of a Mule, Tweezer, A Day in the Life, Possum > Tweezer Reprise

Encore: Harpua

Notes: This was the second show of The Clifford Ball festival. Before the second set, Trey paid tribute to Aaron Stein of Syracuse, who was front row center for every show of the tour. The first Brother since August 2, 1993 (257 shows) featured Ben and Jerry on guest vocals. Wilson included a Heartbreaker tease. Antelope featured a female acrobat twirling in the rigging, suspended above the stage in a circus-like fashion. Scent of a Mule featured a Page/Fishman duel instead of the typical Page/Trey duel. Tweezer had big trampolines on each side of the stage and more circus shenanigans. A stunt plane circled overhead during Tweezer Reprise and Harpua. Harpua was unfinished; it was completed on August 16, 1997 at The Great Went.

Sunday - 08/17/1997
Limestone, ME

Set I: The Wedge, Beauty of My Dreams, Dogs Stole Things, Vultures, Water in the Sky, Maze, Bouncing Around the Room > Tweezer -> Taste, Carolina

Set II: Down with Disease -> Bathtub Gin > Uncle Pen, Also Sprach Zarathustra -> Art Jam -> Harry Hood

Set III: Buffalo Bill -> NICU, Weigh, Guyute, Dirt, Scent of a Mule -> Digital Delay Loop Jam -> Scent of a Mule, Prince Caspian

Encore: When the Circus Comes, Tweezer Reprise

Notes: This was the second show of The Great Went festival. Tweezer featured a Cities-like jam and Simple teases, and the Digital Delay Loop Jam included London Bridge teases. Throughout the weekend, fans painted pieces of wood that were assembled into an Art Tower. During Disease, Page and Fishman painted their portions of the Art Tower; Mike and Trey painted theirs during 2001. The Art Jam saw the crowd carry the pieces of the band’s art to the side of the venue where it was hoisted onto the Art Tower and added to the fans' art. During Tweezer Reprise, the Art Tower was burned to the ground as The Great Went came to a close. As the Hood jam kicked in, Trey asked Chris to turn the lights off and the band jammed while the front section of the audience engaged in the first Hood glowstick war. Trey remarked to the crowd at the end of the jam that the visual display was cool. Between the first and second sets, the Bangor Symphony Orchestra performed selections from Stravinsky and Debussy as a red-smoke-spewing glider synchronized its swoops and dives to the music. Buffalo Bill was played for the first time since December 31, 1994 (204 shows).

Tuesday - 08/17/2010
Nikon at Jones Beach Theater
Wantagh, NY

Soundcheck: Dog Log, Ginseng Sullivan, Burn That Bridge [Possibly incomplete]

Set I: Fluffhead, Kill Devil Falls, Cities, Funky Bitch, Wilson, Reba[1], Walk Away, Wolfman's Brother, Possum

Set II: Lengthwise -> Maze, Halley's Comet > Mike's Song > Simple > Backwards Down the Number Line[2] > Prince Caspian > Rock and Roll > Weekapaug Groove, Loving Cup

Encore: Show of Life, Golgi Apparatus

Notes: Portions of Wilson were performed by Trey on a toy guitar. Reba did not have the whistling ending. BDTNL contained a Norwegian Wood tease, off-key, from Trey.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:58 pm

Thursday - 08/18/1988
Sam's Tavern
Burlington, VT

No known setlist.

Friday - 08/18/1989
Pearl Street Ballroom
Northampton, MA

No known setlist.

Wednesday - 08/18/2010
Nikon at Jones Beach Theater
Wantagh, NY

Set 1: Down with Disease > Sample in a Jar, Guelah Papyrus, Poor Heart > Ocelot, Chalk Dust Torture, Bathtub Gin, Tube, Destiny Unbound, Joy, Run Like an Antelope

Set 2: Axilla > Timber (Jerry) > Light[1] -> 46 Days -> My Friend, My Friend, Harry Hood > Tweezer -> The Horse > Silent in the Morning, You Enjoy Myself

Encore: Suzy Greenberg > Tweezer Reprise

[1] Seven Below tease from Fish.

Notes: The soundcheck began with You Can Get It If You Really Want (Jimmy Cliff), which included quotes from Trey of You Can't Always Get What You Want. Rock On (David Essex) was briefly played after Hey Joe. The Marco Esquandolas lyric in Antelope was changed to Mike-O Esquandolas, and was followed by a short bass solo by Mike. Light contained a tease of Seven Below from Fish.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby phishinsky » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:13 pm

Wednesday - 08/23/1989 The Living Room, Providence, RI

No known setlist!

Notes: While there was apparently a show on this date, the setlist is unknown. The second set of this show has circulated with a setlist that is identical to the first set of 6/10/89, another show at The Living Room. It is unclear if that set was performed on this date or on 6/10/89.

Sunday, 08/23/1992 Colorado State Fair, Pueblo State Fairgrounds, Pueblo, CO

Set 1: Chalk Dust Torture, Maze, Sparkle, Cavern, Foam, Runaway Jim, Stash

(I will do my best to cover for Andy a good friend who is taking some time away!) :thumbup:
"Art isn’t about perfection. It is what is created when trying to reach perfection that matters!"
phishinsky
Northern Jedi

Postby youenjoymyphish » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:24 pm

Thanks Ryan!
2012 the year of the phish!
youenjoymyphish

Postby Fee » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:09 pm

Today in Phishtory no longer sticky material?
Fee
20th Century Child

PreviousNext

Return to General Phish Discussion