Today in Phishtory!

Discuss Phish!

Re: Today in Phishtory!

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Thu May 13, 2010 2:07 pm

Saturday - 05/13/1989
The Orange Grove
Syracuse, NY

Set I: AC/DC Bag, Alumni Blues > Letter to Jimmy Page > Alumni Blues, You Enjoy Myself, Golgi Apparatus, La Grange, Fluffhead, Possum, Foam, Walk Away, Take the 'A' Train, Split Open and Melt > David Bowie

Set II: Suzy Greenberg > Bold As Love, The Lizards, Harry Hood, If I Only Had a Brain, Contact, Fire

Encore: Whipping Post

Notes: This show featured more fun stage banter, as Trey referred to Fishman as “the hometown boy” and Fish commented about embarrassing himself in front of his entire class. Also, Trey commented that Fishman’s mother was in the audience, “all the way from Ireland.” Prior to Alumni Blues, Trey referenced that day’s Syracuse University graduation events and dedicated the song to the graduates in the audience. Possum included Fishin' Hole teases. The Bowie hi-hat intro included ‘A’ Train and SOAM teases.

Sunday - 05/13/1990
The Front
Burlington, VT

Soundcheck: Mike's Song, Shaggy Dog, Jam

Set I: Bathtub Gin, The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony, AC/DC Bag, Dinner and a Movie, Bouncing Around the Room, Runaway Jim, Uncle Pen, The Divided Sky, Lawn Boy, David Bowie

Set II: Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Foam, Donna Lee, Tweezer, My Sweet One, Reba, Funky Bitch, Sweet Adeline, Possum, La Grange

Notes: This version of Possum included teases of Norwegian Wood.

Friday - 05/13/1994
Hayden Square
Tempe, AZ

Set I: Runaway Jim, It's Ice, Julius, Mound, Stash, If I Could, My Friend, My Friend, Slave to the Traffic Light, Suzy Greenberg

Set II: Chalk Dust Torture, Bouncing Around the Room, Split Open and Melt, McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters > Peaches en Regalia > Scent of a Mule, You Enjoy Myself, Purple Rain > Hold Your Head Up, Good Times Bad Times

Encore: Free Bird

Notes: Suzy included a Layla tease from Page. YEM included a Mission: Impossible tease from Page and a Spiderman theme tease from Mike.

Thursday - 05/13/2010
NBC Television Studios
Studio 6B
New York, NY

Loving Cup

Notes: Phish were the musical guests on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. They played Loving Cup as part of a week of artists performing Exile On Main Street songs on the show in celebration of The Rolling Stones' rerelease of the album.

29 DAYS TILL SUMMER TOUR 2010
Friday - 06/11/2010 Toyota Park, Bridgeview, IL
Last edited by Mr. Hiatus on Fri May 14, 2010 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Summer 2010 : Deer Creek -> Deer Creek > Alpine -> Alpine

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Fri May 14, 2010 2:00 pm

Saturday - 05/14/1988
Goddard College
Plainfield, VT

Set I: Fire, I Didn't Know, Halley's Comet > Light Up Or Leave Me Alone, You Enjoy Myself, The Lizards, Big Black Furry Creature from Mars, Jesus Just Left Chicago, Fluffhead, Alumni Blues > Letter to Jimmy Page > Alumni Blues, Take the 'A' Train

Notes: "Springfest" at Goddard. Fire was dedicated to Bobby Brown; JJLC subsequently featured Bobby on harmonica. JJLC also featured an appearance by three-year-old Cameron McKinney, whom Trey announced was “playing guitar.” I Didn’t Know and Halley's Comet featured Richard Wright adding additional vocals. I Didn't Know featured Wright on drums and Fishman on trombone. After Light Up, Trey introduced the crowd to Marley and sang to her both before and during YEM. BBFCFM was dedicated to Donald Fagen and Walter Becker of the band Steely Dan. Take the ‘A’ Train, which was preceded by HYHU teases, featured Carl Boyle on saxophone.

Sunday - 05/14/1989
Campus Pond
UMass Spring Concert
University of Massachusetts
Amherst, MA

No known setlist.

Notes: Phish opened for Canned Heat.

Thursday - 05/14/1992
The Capitol Theatre
Port Chester, NY

Set I: Suzy Greenberg, All Things Reconsidered, The Sloth, Sparkle, Maze, Horn, Reba, Poor Heart, My Friend, My Friend, Bouncing Around the Room, Run Like an Antelope > Secret Language Instructions > Run Like an Antelope > Secret Language Instructions > Run Like an Antelope

Set II: Glide, Cavern, Rift, Fluffhead, Eliza, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove -> Wait -> Weekapaug Groove, McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters, Stash, Cold as Ice > Cracklin' Rosie > Hold Your Head Up, Possum

Encore: Sleeping Monkey, Rocky Top

Notes: Antelope included a Spider-Man theme tease and All Fall Down, Simpsons, Random Note, Aw Fuck!, and Turn Turn Turn signals. Trey introduced the Aw Fuck! Secret Language signal before returning to Antelope. Shortly after the Rye Rye Rocco segment, Trey introduced the rest of the Secret Language before Antelope concluded. Possum contained an Aw Fuck! signal.

Saturday - 05/14/1994
Montezuma Hall
San Diego State University
San Diego, CA

Set I: Llama, Wilson, Down with Disease > Fee, Reba, Sample in a Jar, My Sweet One, Ginseng Sullivan, David Bowie

Set II: The Curtain > Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove > The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday > Avenu Malkenu > The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday Reprise, Punch You In the Eye, Fast Enough for You, The Lizards, Cavern

Encore: Bold As Love

Notes: Wilson included Oom Pa Pa and Simpsons signals. Weekapaug included a Divided Sky tease.

Sunday - 05/14/1995
Fishman's House
Burlington, VT

Set I: Don't You Wanna Go, Spock's Brain, Theme From the Bottom, Ha Ha Ha, Taste, Free, Strange Design, Glide II, Lonesome Cowboy Bill, I'll Come Running

Notes: This “show” was a small, private tune-up for the Lowell show and summer tour.

28 DAYS TILL SUMMER TOUR 2010
Last edited by Mr. Hiatus on Mon May 17, 2010 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Mon May 17, 2010 1:44 pm

Saturday - 05/17/1986
Goddard College
Plainfield, VT

Set I: Halley's Comet > Back Porch Boogie Blues > Halley's Comet

Notes: While a complete setlist for this “Springfest” performance at Goddard is not known, it has been confirmed that Halley’s debuted at this show with Richard Wright on vocals. Back Porch Boogie Blues also made its first known Phish performance. This is the last known Phish show with Jeff Holdsworth as an official member of the band.

Friday - 05/17/1991
Campus Club
Providence, RI

Set I: Chalk Dust Torture -> Drums -> Jam, Reba, Poor Heart, The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > Suzy Greenberg, The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday > Avenu Malkenu > The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday Reprise, Stash, I Didn't Know, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Take the 'A' Train

Set II: Possum, Guelah Papyrus, Rocky Top, The Landlady > Fluffhead -> Happy Birthday to You, Magilla, Cavern, Harry Hood, Hold Your Head Up > Bike > Hold Your Head Up > Big Black Furry Creature from Mars > Happy Birthday to You > Big Black Furry Creature from Mars

Encore: Lawn Boy, Golgi Apparatus

Notes: A blackout occurred during Chalk Dust. The drum solo and jam that ensued featured Carl Gerhard on trumpet, who also performed on ‘A’ Train, Magilla, Cavern, and Lawn Boy. The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday was introduced as “The Old Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday.” This show fell on Page’s 28th birthday, a point noted repeatedly throughout the gig. Fluffhead was unfinished; the rest of the band sung Happy Birthday to Page first over the Fluffhead melody, followed by the Happy Birthday melody. Possum contained a Bonanza theme tease from Mike. Magilla contained a full-band Flintstones theme tease. The pause in BBFCFM featured a final rendition of Happy Birthday and the presentation of a cake; Fishman then responds to the “how old are you?” crowd chants by counting off BBFCFM: “I’ll tell you how old he is: 1-2-3-4!”

Sunday - 05/17/1992
Achilles Rink
Union College
Schenectady, NY

Set I: The Landlady, Llama, Colonel Forbin's Ascent > Fly Famous Mockingbird, My Sweet One, Reba, I Didn't Know, Stash, The Mango Song, Poor Heart, Chalk Dust Torture

Set II: The Curtain, Possum, Guelah Papyrus, The Squirming Coil, All Things Reconsidered, Brother, Sanity, Cold as Ice > Love You > Hold Your Head Up, Sparkle, Harry Hood, Cavern

Encore: Lawn Boy, Good Times Bad Times

Notes: Possum included Simpsons, All Fall Down, and Aw Fuck! signals, as well as teases of Rocky Mountain Way, L.A. Woman, China Grove, It’s Ice, and Divided Sky. Coil included a Happy Birthday dedication to Page.

Tuesday - 05/17/1994
The Arlington Theatre
Santa Barbara, CA

Soundcheck: Jam, My Mind’s Got a Mind of its Own

Set I: Suzy Greenberg, Maze, Mound, If I Could -> Scent of a Mule, Ginseng Sullivan, Dog Faced Boy, Split Open and Melt, The Squirming Coil

Set II: Runaway Jim, Glide -> Tweezer -> Earache My Eye -> Tweezer -> Lifeboy, Uncle Pen, Big Ball Jam -> Sample in a Jar, Hold Your Head Up > Love You > Hold Your Head Up, Slave to the Traffic Light

Encore: Highway to Hell

Notes: Ginseng Sullivan and Dog Faced Boy were performed acoustic without microphones. Page’s piano solo in The Squirming Coil was cut short when Trey brought out a birthday cake for Page and attempted to lead the audience in a round of Happy Birthday. Similarly, Maze included Happy Birthday teases. Tweezer included the Phish debut of Earache My Eye.

Monday - 05/17/1999
The Flynn Theatre
Burlington, VT

Set I: Further On Up the Road, Voodoo Child (Slight Return)

Notes: Following a performance by Trey Anastasio’s ensemble, all the members of Phish along with Dave Grippo, Russ Lawton, and Tony Markellis performed Further On Up the Road. Voodoo Child featured Phish, Lawton, and Markellis.

25 DAYS TILL SUMMER TOUR 2010

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Tue May 18, 2010 1:27 pm

Thursday - 05/18/1989
Tree Café
Portland, ME

No known setlist.

Saturday - 05/18/1991
The Marquee
New York, NY

Soundcheck: Take the ‘A’ Train, Caravan, Guelah Papyrus, Paul and Silas, Jam

Set I: Buried Alive > Golgi Apparatus, Chalk Dust Torture > You Enjoy Myself, Paul and Silas, Foam, The Divided Sky, Cavern > Possum

Set II: The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > Suzy Greenberg, The Curtain > Stash, Take the 'A' Train, My Sweet One > Guelah Papyrus, David Bowie, Hold Your Head Up > Terrapin > Hold Your Head Up, The Lizards

Encore: Dinner and a Movie, Runaway Jim

Notes: The Bowie intro included Trey teasing ‘A’ Train. Even though there was a show the next day, before Foam Trey noted that this gig would be the last until July since the band was going into the studio to cut an album. Before Dinner and a Movie, Fishman noted: “this is a song about America’s favorite pre-nuptial ritual.”

Monday - 05/18/1992
The Flynn Theatre
Burlington, VT

Set I: Suzy Greenberg, Maze, Bouncing Around the Room, The Divided Sky, Guelah Papyrus, Foam, Poor Heart, Horn, Sparkle, Run Like an Antelope

Set II: Glide, Llama, The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday > Avenu Malkenu > The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday Reprise > Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Fee, Rift, Cavern, Cold as Ice > Love You > Hold Your Head Up, Runaway Jim

Encore: Rocky Top

Notes: Love You included Mississippi Queen teases, both before and during the song.

Sunday - 05/18/1997
CoreStates Center
Philadelphia, PA

The Star Spangled Banner

Notes: Phish performed the national anthem a cappella before game 2 of the NHL Eastern Conference Finals between the Philadelphia Flyers and the New York Rangers.

Thursday - 05/18/2000
KFOG Fantasy Studios
Berkeley, CA

Set I: First Tube, Bug, Back on the Train, Sand, Heavy Things, Piper, The Inlaw Josie Wales, Dirt, Farmhouse

Notes: Bug included a Down with Disease tease. This show was broadcast and webcast via KFOG. Tickets were won via KFOG contest throughout the weeks leading up to the broadcast. The show consisted of three segments of three songs each, with a break in between each segment filled by the on-air announcer. Following the performance, the band participated in a group photo shoot and copies were mailed to the contest winners, who also won signed copies of Farmhouse.

24 DAYS TILL SUMMER TOUR 2010

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Wed May 19, 2010 1:46 pm

Friday - 05/19/1989
The Blue Pelican
Newport, RI

No known setlist.

Notes: While it is believed this show was played, confirmation could not be established.

Saturday - 05/19/1990
The Upper
St. Paul's School
Concord, NH

Set I: Golgi Apparatus, Ya Mar, Alumni Blues, Sweet Adeline, La Grange, You Enjoy Myself, The Lizards, Highway to Hell

Set II: Possum, Reba, The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > Suzy Greenberg, Fee, Dinner and a Movie > Bouncing Around the Room, Rift, Jesus Just Left Chicago, Good Times Bad Times

Encore: Contact

Sunday - 05/19/1991
Salisbury School
Salisbury, CT

Set I: The Divided Sky, The Landlady, Chalk Dust Torture, Bouncing Around the Room, You Enjoy Myself, Cavern, The Squirming Coil, Llama

Set II: The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > AC/DC Bag -> Fee, Foam, Reba, Dinner and a Movie > The Sloth, McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters, I Didn't Know, Golgi Apparatus

Encore: Possum

Notes: Mike played a birthday tease on bass before The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony for Josh’s 20th birthday. Trey announced that the second set would be their last until the summer, as they were going in to record an album. Technical difficulties necessitated a short break after McGrupp. This show included some humorous stage banter about prep school headmasters and the like.

Thursday - 05/19/1994
Silva Concert Hall
Hult Center for the Performing Arts
Eugene, OR

Set I: Halley's Comet -> Llama, My Friend, My Friend, Poor Heart -> Stash, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Down with Disease, The Mango Song, Cavern

Set II: Sample in a Jar, Sparkle, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, The Lizards, Julius, Big Ball Jam, Harry Hood, Golgi Apparatus

Encore: Ginseng Sullivan, Nellie Kane, Sweet Adeline, Fire

Notes: Ginseng Sullivan and Nellie Kane were performed acoustic and without microphones. Sweet Adeline was also performed without microphones. Weekapaug and Hood included I Love Lucy theme teasing.

Friday - 05/19/2000
Key Club
Los Angeles, CA

Set I: Funky Bitch, My Soul, Gotta Jibboo, First Tube, Magilla, Bug, Heavy Things, Twist, Tube, Piper -> Llama, Brian and Robert

Notes: This set was broadcast on the Mark and Brian radio program. Funky Bitch and My Soul were performed as a warm-up before the show went on the air, although the crowd was already in the bar. Jibboo through Heavy Things were aired live on the show (except for Magilla, which was played during a commercial break). Magilla was played for the first time since August 1, 1998 (107 shows). The band briefly jammed on the Jeopardy! theme tease during a radio break after Jibboo, with the crowd providing some vocals. Bug included a brief DEG tease. There was a humorous question and answer session between the band and audience during one of the commercial breaks. Studio versions of Birds, Bouncing, and Heavy Things were used as intros and outros for the commercials.

Friday - 05/19/2000
Key Club
Los Angeles, CA

Set I: Back on the Train, Heavy Things, First Tube

Notes: This performance, taped after the Mark and Brian program, aired on KACD (103.1) in Los Angeles. There were around twenty fans present for the taping.

23 DAYS TILL SUMMER TOUR 2010

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Thu May 20, 2010 1:36 pm

Wednesday - 05/20/1987
The Ranch
South Burlington, VT

Set I: Wilson, Run Like an Antelope, Golgi Apparatus > Back Porch Boogie Blues > Lushington -> Possum, Harry Hood, You Enjoy Myself, Alumni Blues

Notes: This show was a co-bill with The Joneses. This setlist may be incomplete, as it was taken from a video that circulates. This version of Lushington included The Chase section of Fluffhead. Alumni featured guests from local bands The Joneses and Mental Floss on rhythm guitar and saxophone.

Saturday - 05/20/1989
Northfield/Mt. Hermon School Gymnasium
Northfield, MA

Set I: AC/DC Bag, Alumni Blues > Letter to Jimmy Page > Alumni Blues, You Enjoy Myself, The Lizards, Wilson, The Divided Sky, I Didn't Know, Possum

Set II: Bold As Love, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Foam, Contact, Take the 'A' Train, David Bowie, Golgi Apparatus

Encore: Good Times Bad Times

Notes: Alumni was played for everybody in the crowd who was graduating.

Friday - 05/20/1994
Campus Recreation Center
Evergreen College
Olympia, WA

Soundcheck: Can You See Me, Surfing Jam, Magilla (fast version), Demand (x3), Blues Jam, Blues Jam -> Low Rider -> Jam

Set I: Fee, Maze, If I Could, It's Ice, Bathtub Gin, Fast Enough for You, Scent of a Mule, Dog Faced Boy, Carolina, AC/DC Bag

Set II: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Run Like an Antelope, Weigh, Axilla (Part II), Wolfman's Brother, Rift, You Enjoy Myself

Encore: Chalk Dust Torture

Notes: Dog Faced Boy was performed acoustic and, along with Carolina, without microphones. YEM contained Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da and Low Rider jams and Bathtub Gin included a Lion Sleeps Tonight tease from Trey.

22 DAYS TILL SUMMER TOUR 2010

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Fri May 21, 2010 1:28 pm

Saturday - 05/21/1988
Nectar's
Burlington, VT

Set I: Funky Bitch, Sneakin' Sally through the Alley, Alumni Blues > Letter to Jimmy Page > Alumni Blues, You Enjoy Myself, St. Thomas, Golgi Apparatus, Fire

Set II: La Grange, Possum, The Lizards, Timber (Jerry), Tela, Happy Birthday to You, Fluffhead, Bike, Good Times Bad Times

Set III: Big Leg Emma, Rocky Top, Cities, Take the 'A' Train, The Curtain > Suzy Greenberg

Notes: This show included the first known Phish performance of St. Thomas. Prior to Letter to Jimmy Page, Trey announced that per "Del's" request, they were going to play Letter to Jimmy Page as a band, and then Fish would play it by himself (telling the crowd that Fish didn't know it). YEM was dedicated to Del and La Grange was dedicated to Mike. Bike featured a Fishman trombone solo. The date for this show may be incorrect; note that Trey refers to Tela as a debut at this show, though it actually debuted on 3/12/88. Big Leg Emma was played for the first time since May 3, 1985 (100 shows).

Sunday - 05/21/1989
320 Spear Street
Burlington, VT

Set I: Harry Hood, Foam, Contact, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Split Open and Melt, Dazed and Confused, The Sloth, You Enjoy Myself -> Ya Mar, AC/DC Bag, The Divided Sky

Notes: Before Contact, the band announced that the police were towing cars out on Spear Street. This version of Mike’s Song, known also as “Molly’s Song,” included alternate lyrics. This show marked the only known Phish performance of Dazed and Confused. YEM included a Godzilla vocal jam. SOAM was introduced as being “about a pig.” Some tapes that circulate are mislabeled as The Front.

Saturday - 05/21/1994
The Moore Theatre
Seattle, WA

Set I: Runaway Jim, Foam, Guelah Papyrus, Down with Disease, Mound, Stash, The Squirming Coil, Tela, Llama

Set II: Dinner and a Movie, Sample in a Jar, David Bowie, Contact, Big Ball Jam, Julius, Hold Your Head Up > Bike > Hold Your Head Up, Harry Hood, Amazing Grace

Encore: Bold As Love

Notes: Before Harry Hood, Fishman and Trey acknowledged the crowd’s varied requests but noted that they couldn’t understand what songs people were yelling for. Fishman responded by screaming incoherently, mimicking what the crowd noise sounded like to him on stage. Trey noted that the band had been playing all night and wanted to give the audience a chance to perform. He counted off to the crowd, who responded with assorted clapping and cheering. Fishman jokingly remarked “you guys haven’t played that in so long.”

Sunday - 05/21/2000
Radio City Music Hall
New York, NY

Set I: First Tube, Wolfman's Brother, The Squirming Coil, Possum, The Moma Dance > Limb By Limb, Character Zero

Set II: Gotta Jibboo, Down with Disease > Dirt, Twist > Piper, Harry Hood > Wading in the Velvet Sea, Guyute

Encore: The Inlaw Josie Wales, Loving Cup

Notes: After Velvet Sea, Page talked about how he had often visited Radio City as a kid. Trey then noted that he and Page had seen Stevie Wonder at this venue, and he discussed about how much the band appreciates the support of fans. Character Zero included a Who Knows tease.

21 DAYS TILL SUMMER TOUR 2010

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Mon May 24, 2010 7:05 pm

Saturday - 05/24/1986
Hunt's
Burlington, VT

Set I: Dog Log, Halley's Comet > Back Porch Boogie Blues > Halley's Comet

Notes: This setlist is incomplete. Richard Wright provided vocals for Halley’s Comet. This was the first Phish show without Jeff Holdsworth.

Tuesday - 05/24/1988
Nectar's
Burlington, VT

Set I: The Curtain With, Rocky Top, Funky Bitch, Alumni Blues > Letter to Jimmy Page > Alumni Blues, Peaches en Regalia, Golgi Apparatus, Sneakin' Sally through the Alley, Suzy Greenberg, Fire

Set II: Jesus Just Left Chicago, Fluffhead, Whipping Post

Set III: Ya Mar -> Jam > Halley's Comet, The Sloth, I Didn't Know, La Grange, Fee, I Know a Little, Big Black Furry Creature from Mars, Corrina, Harpua, Run Like an Antelope

Notes: Ya Mar and the ensuing jam featured vocals from Jah Roy; Halley’s Comet featured vocals from Richard Wright. I Didn't Know featured Wright on drums and Fishman on trombone. The master tapes confirm this listing as the correct performance order. Many tapes of this show circulate with an incorrect song order, an incorrect date (May 25, 1988) and an incorrect venue (Ian’s Farm, Hebron, NY).

Thursday - 05/24/1990
The Brewery
Raleigh, NC

Set I: The Sloth > Bouncing Around the Room > Tweezer, Donna Lee, Reba, You Enjoy Myself, The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > AC/DC Bag, Golgi Apparatus

Set II: Foam, Dinner and a Movie > Possum, I Didn't Know, My Sweet One > Horn, Fee, Walk Away, Harry Hood, Highway to Hell, Contact

Notes: This show marked the first known performance of Horn. Fishman jokingly introduced “Tweezer So Cold” as a song from the “Jane Fonda Workout Tape” and subsequently announced “Donna Lee” as a song from the “Charlie Parker Workout Tape.”

18 DAYS TILL SUMMER TOUR 2010

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Tue May 25, 2010 2:36 pm

Friday - 05/25/1990
The Old Post Office
Hilton Head, SC

No known setlist.

Wednesday - 05/25/1994
Warfield Theatre
San Francisco, CA

Set I: The Curtain > Sample in a Jar, Uncle Pen, Stash, Colonel Forbin's Ascent > Fly Famous Mockingbird, Axilla (Part II), Scent of a Mule, My Sweet One, Sweet Adeline, Chalk Dust Torture

Set II: Rift, Tweezer -> Lifeboy, Maze, Contact -> Big Ball Jam, Julius, Hold Your Head Up > Purple Rain > Hold Your Head Up, The Squirming Coil

Encore: Sleeping Monkey -> Tweezer Reprise

Notes: My Sweet One was performed acoustic.

17 DAYS TILL SUMMER TOUR 2010

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Wed May 26, 2010 2:04 pm

Friday - 05/26/1989
Valley Club Café
Rutland, VT

Set I: Bold As Love, AC/DC Bag, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Sanity, Halley's Comet, The Sloth, You Enjoy Myself

Set II: David Bowie, The Mango Song, Split Open and Melt, Bathtub Gin, Run Like an Antelope, Golgi Apparatus

Set III: Slave to the Traffic Light, Funky Bitch, The Ballad of Curtis Loew, Possum

Encore: The Practical Song

Notes: Richard Wright provided guest vocals on Halley’s Comet. Bowie was announced as, dedicated to, and sung as “Lazy Lester.” This show contains the first known version of Bathtub Gin. Trey compared Antelope to his life-long dream of playing hockey and dedicated the song to “all you pro hockey players out there.” This show also included some rarities, such as the fast version of Sanity, The Practical Song, and a strange ending to The Sloth.

Saturday - 05/26/1990
The Old Post Office
Hilton Head, SC

No known setlist.

Thursday - 05/26/1994
Warfield Theatre
San Francisco, CA

Set I: Buried Alive > Poor Heart > Cavern, Demand, Split Open and Melt, Sparkle > It's Ice > Catapult > The Divided Sky, Sample in a Jar

Set II: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Run Like an Antelope, Fluffhead, Down with Disease > Mound, Ginseng Sullivan, Dog Faced Boy, You Enjoy Myself, Amazing Grace

Notes: Ginseng Sullivan and Dog Faced Boy were performed acoustic and, along with Amazing Grace, without microphones.

16 DAYS TILL SUMMER TOUR 2010

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Thu May 27, 2010 2:26 pm

Friday - 05/27/1988
The Front
Burlington, VT

No known setlist.

Saturday - 05/27/1989
Alpha Delta Phi Fraternity
Trinity College
West Hartford, CT

Set I: AC/DC Bag, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Funky Bitch, Fee, You Enjoy Myself, Take the 'A' Train, Fluffhead, Bathtub Gin, Good Times Bad Times

Notes: This setlist is incomplete.

Friday - 05/27/1994
Warfield Theatre
San Francisco, CA

Set I: Wilson, Runaway Jim, Foam, Bouncing Around the Room, David Bowie, If I Could, Punch You In the Eye, Harry Hood, Golgi Apparatus

Set II: Suzy Greenberg, Peaches en Regalia, My Friend, My Friend, Reba, The Lizards, Julius, Nellie Kane, My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own, Mike's Song -> Simple -> O Mio Babbino Caro, Possum

Encore: Fire

Notes: This show marked the debut of Simple and the Phish debut of O Mio Babbino Caro. Nellie Kane and My Mind’s Got a Mind of its Own were performed acoustic with guest fiddler Morgan Fichter. O Mio Babbino Caro, a Puccini aria, featured opera singer Andrea Baker singing unmiced. Before Possum, the band handed out boxes of Flintstones macaroni and cheese for the audience to shake along with Possum and Fire. Possum subsequently included a Flintstones theme tease.

15 DAYS TILL SUMMER TOUR 2010

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby phishinsky » Thu May 27, 2010 2:28 pm

Cannot wait until summer tour starts!
"Art isn’t about perfection. It is what is created when trying to reach perfection that matters!"
phishinsky
Northern Jedi

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Fri May 28, 2010 11:28 am

Saturday - 05/28/1988
Wedding Reception
Waitsfield, VT

No known setlist.

Sunday - 05/28/1989
Ian McLean’s Party
Connie Condon’s Farm
Hebron, NY

Set I: The Divided Sky, Run Like an Antelope, Colonel Forbin's Ascent > Fly Famous Mockingbird, Fee > Slave to the Traffic Light, Esther, Suzy Greenberg, You Enjoy Myself

Set II: Fire, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Bathtub Gin, Sanity, Ride Captain Ride, Peaches en Regalia, Take the 'A' Train, Possum, Contact, Funky (Breakdown) -> The Price of Love, Funky Bitch, Split Open and Melt, The Mango Song, Harry Hood

Set III: Jam -> La Grange Jam, The Sloth, Sneakin' Sally through the Alley > Ya Mar, Jesus Just Left Chicago

Notes: Trey dedicated the Divided Sky opener to “the spirit of the pig.” Antelope included the word “spliff” instead of “spike” in the lyrics. This YEM featured the infamous “Poop Vocal Jam,” followed by a set-stopping keg run. Mike’s Song included a tease of the HBO theme song. Sanity was the fast version. The first known Phish performance of Funky (Breakdown) as well as Price of Love featured guest appearances by Ninja Mike (vocals) and Magoo (guitar). Fishman intermittently played trombone and vacuum during the latter.

Monday - 05/28/1990
Jack McConnell's house
Hilton Head, SC

No known setlist.

Notes: It appears that this show was played at Page's father's house. It is believed that the band primarily played jazz tunes.

Saturday - 05/28/1994
Laguna Seca Raceway
Monterey, CA

Set I: Rift > Sample in a Jar, Foam, Bouncing Around the Room, Stash, The Horse > Silent in the Morning > The Sloth, Maze, Cavern

Set II: Axilla (Part II) > It's Ice > Tweezer, Lifeboy > Reba, Fee > Llama, You Enjoy Myself

Encore: Poor Heart

Notes: This performance was part of the Laguna Seca Daze Festival that also included Sausage, Gin Blossoms and Freddy Jones Band. Before and during Poor Heart, Trey teased both Dueling Banjos and Yankee Doodle. YEM featured Les Claypool playing on a second bass guitar, and included a band-accompanied bass duel between Mike and Les and Dueling Banjos teases in the jam segment. YEM ended without a vocal jam.

14 DAYS TILL SUMMER TOUR 2010

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:33 pm

Sunday - 06/01/1986
Boston Harbor
Boston, MA

No known setlist.

Notes: This show was performed on a boat in Boston Harbor as part of the Cambridge School graduation festivities. Mike’s brother assisted Phish in securing the gig.

Friday - 06/01/1990
The Cotton Club
Atlanta, GA

Set I: Rocky Top, Uncle Pen, Run Like an Antelope, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Hold Your Head Up > Fee, Terrapin > Hold Your Head Up, Possum, Fee, Big Black Furry Creature from Mars, Contact

Notes: Rocky Top through Antelope featured the “Reverend” Jeff Mosier on banjo; Antelope also featured Oteil Burbridge on bass. As Fishman took the stage during HYHU, the crowd chanted for Fee. Fish sounded perplexed and remarked that he doesn’t sing Fee, but Trey and Page started the song up anyway and left Fishman on the spot. He tried his best and got through the first verse before falling apart during the chorus. Terrapin featured Fishman on trombone. The band said "Fee" several times at that start of Possum, which contained subsequent Blue Monk teases from Trey and a Rhapsody in Blue tease from Page.

10 DAYS TILL SUMMER TOUR 2010

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:12 pm

Saturday - 06/02/1990
Greenstreets
Columbia, SC

Set I: Uncle Pen, Dinner and a Movie > Bouncing Around the Room > Reba, Possum, The Lizards, Fire

Set II: Tweezer, The Divided Sky, Hold Your Head Up > Love You > Hold Your Head Up > Love You > Hold Your Head Up, You Enjoy Myself

Encore: Contact, Good Times Bad Times

Notes: It is unconfirmed whether Fire closed the first set or was even performed at all. Trey referred to HYHU as the “Henrietta Theme Song.” After Page played several measures of the second HYHU in the setlist, Fish said “There’s one more verse to this,” and then they played the final verse of Love You. Fish also continued to play vacuum during the third and final HYHU of the set, which also featured Trey repeating “Henrietta!” over and over again, singing it along to the music’s conclusion. In response to a fan requesting more Syd Barrett after the last HYHU, Fish spoke the first few words of Bike. Trey teased Call to the Post before YEM (as Fish was returning to his drum kit after HYHU). Before Contact, Fish said “We would like to perform for you now the bass-player-is-taking-a-leak-song.” Fish then dedicated Contact to Paul Languedoc. Also before Contact, Page told the crowd that their bass player (whom Trey then referred to as “Michael Cactin”) would become 25 years old at midnight. Trey added that Mike would now play everyone a love song.

Tuesday - 06/02/2009
Nikon at Jones Beach Theater
Wantagh, NY

Set I: Runaway Jim, Foam, Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan, Timber (Jerry), Cities, Driver, Reba, Possum, Farmhouse, If I Could

Set II: Mike's Song > Simple > Wolfman's Brother -> Weekapaug Groove, When the Circus Comes, Kill Devil Falls, Harry Hood > Loving Cup

Encore: Suzy Greenberg

Notes: Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan and Kill Devil Falls both debuted at this show, with the latter, remarkably, being played by request. This show featured the first If I Could since June 28, 2000 (103 shows). Suzy Greenberg contained an Oye Como Va tease.

09 DAYS TILL SUMMER TOUR 2010

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:32 pm

Friday - 06/03/1988
Squam Lake Steak House
Squam Lake, NH

No known setlist.

Saturday - 06/03/1989
The Wetlands Preserve
New York, NY

No known setlist.

08 DAYS TILL SUMMER TOUR 2010

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:42 pm

Saturday - 06/04/1988
Squam Lake Steak House
Squam Lake, NH

No known setlist.

Thursday - 06/04/2009
Nikon at Jones Beach Theater
Wantagh, NY

Soundcheck: Twenty Years Later

Set I: Grind, The Divided Sky, Ocelot, The Squirming Coil, Punch You In the Eye, Dirt, NICU, Ghost, Run Like an Antelope

Set II: Water in the Sky, Birds of a Feather, Drowned > Meatstick, Time Turns Elastic, Waste, You Enjoy Myself

Encore: Rock and Roll

Notes: Drowned featured a Jumpin’ Jack Flash tease.

07 DAYS TILL SUMMER TOUR 2010

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Fee » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:46 pm

I haven't checked this thread in months. Cool additions Andy!

I love seeing the pictures of the venues. Some classics in there.

Bravo!
Fee
20th Century Child

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:25 pm

Fee wrote:I haven't checked this thread in months. Cool additions Andy!

I love seeing the pictures of the venues. Some classics in there.

Bravo!

^ Thanks man! It just seemed like it needed a little bit more, so I figured a few more minutes a day would make it a more fun read......not as "vanilla" as most setlist compilation sites.

I'm always open for suggestion as well......I enjoy the fact that other people enjoy this thread :thumbup:

Thanks to Bryan for letting me take it and run with it :thumbup:

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:53 pm

Thursday - 06/07/1990
The Bayou
Washington, DC

Soundcheck: Suzy -> Fluff's Travels (x3)

Set I: Suzy Greenberg > The Chase > Possum, Fee, Reba, You Enjoy Myself, The Lizards, Good Times Bad Times

Set II: My Sweet One, Dinner and a Movie > Bouncing Around the Room, Tweezer, Uncle Pen, The Divided Sky, Hold Your Head Up > Love You > Hold Your Head Up, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove

Encore: Lawn Boy, Big Black Furry Creature from Mars

Notes: The end of the first HYHU and Love You featured Fishman on trombone. The opening act was The Aquarium Rescue Unit.

Wednesday - 06/07/1995
Boise State University Pavilion
Boise, ID

Set I: Possum, Weigh, Taste, Strange Design, Stash, If I Could, Scent of a Mule, The Wedge, Funky Bitch, Slave to the Traffic Light

Set II: Ha Ha Ha -> Maze, Spock's Brain, Theme From the Bottom, Hold Your Head Up > Lonesome Cowboy Bill > Hold Your Head Up, Acoustic Army, Sample in a Jar, Harry Hood, Suzy Greenberg

Encore: While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Notes: This show marked the debuts of Taste and Acoustic Army. The Wedge was played for the first time since August 20, 1993 (134 shows).

Sunday - 06/07/2009
Susquehanna Bank Center
Camden, NJ

Set I: Chalk Dust Torture, Fee, Wolfman's Brother, Guyute, My Sweet One, 46 Days, The Lizards, The Wedge, Strange Design, Tube, First Tube

Set II: Sand, Suzy Greenberg, Limb By Limb, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Sugar Shack, Character Zero > Tweezer

Encore: Joy, Bouncing Around the Room, Run Like an Antelope > Tweezer Reprise

Notes: After forgetting the lyrics to Fee, Trey remarked that “We knew this one backstage.” This show marked the debuts of Sugar Shack and Joy. Before the extended encore, Trey asked, “You guys in a rush to go anywhere?” He then talked about how much they had enjoyed the northeast run and that they wanted to play a few more songs before heading south (though he was careful to note that they love the south, too).

04 DAYS TILL SUMMER TOUR 2010

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:33 pm

Thursday - 06/08/1989
The Quad
Hobart College
Geneva, NY

No known setlist.

Notes: Phish played an outdoor party, complete with a beer moat. One fan in attendance recalls hearing Peaches en Regalia, as well as a Zeppelin cover (possibly Good Times Bad Times).

Friday - 06/08/1990
23 East Caberet
Ardmore, PA

Set I: Foam, Bouncing Around the Room, You Enjoy Myself, The Divided Sky, Uncle Pen, The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > Suzy Greenberg, Run Like an Antelope

Set II: Possum, My Sweet One, Bathtub Gin, Tweezer, I Didn't Know, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove

Thursday - 06/08/1995
The Delta Center
Salt Lake City, UT

Set I: Don't You Wanna Go, Ha Ha Ha, Runaway Jim, Guelah Papyrus, Mound, Fast Enough for You, Reba, Prince Caspian, Chalk Dust Torture

Set II: Simple > Rift, Free, Bouncing Around the Room, Tweezer > Lifeboy, Poor Heart, Julius

Notes: This show marked the debut of Prince Caspian. This gig was originally scheduled for the outdoor Wolf Mountain Amphitheatre in Park City; due to a late spring snowstorm, the day before the show took place it was moved to the indoor Delta Center.

03 DAYS TILL SUMMER TOUR 2010

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:31 pm

Saturday - 06/09/1990
The Wetlands Preserve
New York, NY

Set I: Possum, Lawn Boy, Reba, Dinner and a Movie, Bouncing Around the Room, Tweezer, Uncle Pen, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove

Set II: Whole Lotta Love Jam > Harry Hood, The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday > Avenu Malkenu > La Grange, Fee -> Foam, The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > Suzy Greenberg > Run Like an Antelope, Hold Your Head Up > Terrapin > Hold Your Head Up, Harpua, Good Times Bad Times

Encore: Take the 'A' Train > Contact

Notes: Harpua included Funkytown teases. The band launched into the second set-opening Whole Lotta Love Jam as the DJ had been spinning the original Zeppelin version. The opening act was The Aquarium Rescue Unit.

Thursday - 06/09/1994
Triad Amphitheater
Salt Lake City, UT

Set I: Llama, Guelah Papyrus, Rift, Down with Disease, It's Ice, If I Could, Maze, Fee, Suzy Greenberg

Set II: Split Open and Melt, Glide, Julius, Halley's Comet -> Scent of a Mule, Ginseng Sullivan, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Golgi Apparatus

Encore: Highway to Hell

Notes: Ginseng Sullivan was performed acoustic without microphones.

Friday - 06/09/1995
Red Rocks Amphitheatre
Morrison, CO

Set I: My Friend, My Friend, The Divided Sky, Strange Design, The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > AC/DC Bag, Theme From the Bottom, Taste, Sparkle > Run Like an Antelope

Set II: Split Open and Melt, The Wedge, Scent of a Mule, Cavern > David Bowie, Acoustic Army, Sweet Adeline, Slave to the Traffic Light

Encore: The Squirming Coil

Friday - 06/09/2000
On Air East
Shibuya-ku
Tokyo, Japan

Set I: Axilla > Taste, Billy Breathes, Poor Heart, Golgi Apparatus > Funky Bitch, The Moma Dance, First Tube, Chalk Dust Torture

Set II: Tweezer, Bouncing Around the Room, The Mango Song, The Squirming Coil, Gotta Jibboo > Meatstick, Tweezer Reprise

Encore: You Enjoy Myself

Notes: The Moma Dance included Funky Bitch teases and Tweezer included Funk 49 teases. Trey attempted to sing Meatstick in Japanese but wound up flubbing the words. Bouncing included a brief outro solo from Trey, which replaced the usual closing guitar lick. This show was re-broadcast on Japanese television.

Tuesday - 06/09/2009
Asheville Civic Center
Asheville, NC

Set I: Kill Devil Falls, The Moma Dance, Sample in a Jar, Stash, Dog Faced Boy, Gumbo, Tube, Lengthwise, The Divided Sky, When the Cactus is in Bloom, Bold As Love

Set II: Backwards Down the Number Line > Ghost > Fast Enough for You, Halley's Comet > Maze, Alaska, Theme From the Bottom, Golgi Apparatus, Possum

Encore: Loving Cup

Notes: This show featured the Phish debuts of When the Cactus is in Bloom and Alaska. Before Dog Faced Boy, Trey explained that while living with Fish, he wrote Dog Faced Boy, Tube and Gumbo based on entries in one of Fish’s journals. During Dog Faced Boy, Fish left his drum kit and lied down in front of the stage because he didn’t need to sing the song. Lengthwise (performed a cappella) was played for the first time since July 28, 1998 (233 shows). Bold as Love was played for the first time since October 6, 2000 (74 shows).

02 DAYS TILL SUMMER TOUR 2010

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:46 pm

Saturday - 06/10/1989
The Living Room
Providence, RI

Set I: Run Like an Antelope, McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters > Ya Mar, You Enjoy Myself, AC/DC Bag, Foam, Good Times Bad Times

Notes: This setlist is incomplete, and may also be incorrect. This set also has circulated as the second set of 8/23/89.

Friday - 06/10/1994
Red Rocks Amphitheatre
Morrison, CO

Soundcheck: NICU, Funky Bitch, Blues Jam, Ginseng Sullivan

Set I: Runaway Jim, Foam, Sample in a Jar, Nellie Kane, Demand > David Bowie, The Lizards, Cavern, Julius

Set II: Axilla (Part II), The Curtain, Tweezer -> Lifeboy, Sparkle, Possum, Hold Your Head Up > I Wanna Be Like You > Hold Your Head Up, Harry Hood, Tweezer Reprise

Encore: Sleeping Monkey, Rocky Top

Notes: During Lizards, Trey talked about the rocks that looked like a giant lizard and referenced the last time they played at Red Rocks (8/20/93). Lizards also contained a Fanfare for the Common Man tease from Page.

Saturday - 06/10/1995
Red Rocks Amphitheatre
Morrison, CO

Soundcheck: Cry Baby Cry

Set I: Makisupa Policeman -> Llama, Prince Caspian, It's Ice, Free, Rift, You Enjoy Myself -> Hold Your Head Up > Lonesome Cowboy Bill > Hold Your Head Up, Suzy Greenberg

Set II: Maze, Fee, Uncle Pen, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Amazing Grace, Sample in a Jar

Encore: A Day in the Life

Notes: This show marked the first Phish performance of A Day in the Life. YEM segued into a HYHU vocal jam.

Saturday - 06/10/2000
Zepp
Koto-ku
Tokyo, Japan

Set I: Down with Disease, Sample in a Jar, Piper, Lawn Boy, Guyute

Set II: Heavy Things, Sand, Sparkle, My Soul, Bathtub Gin > Twist, Albuquerque, Wading in the Velvet Sea > Loving Cup

Encore: The Inlaw Josie Wales, Limb By Limb

Notes: Disease included a Weekapaug tease. Lawn Boy featured a bass solo from Mike.

Wednesday - 06/10/2009
Thompson-Boling Arena
Knoxville, TN

Set I: Runaway Jim, Punch You In the Eye, Ocelot, Foam, Train Song, Undermind, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, The Squirming Coil, Character Zero

Set II: Back on the Train, Waves > A Song I Heard the Ocean Sing > David Bowie, Army of One, Reba, Hello My Baby, Julius > Cavern > Harry Hood

Encore: Frankenstein

Notes: Reba did not have the whistling ending. Hello My Baby was played for the first time since December 5, 1999 (138 shows). Frankenstein featured Page on keytar.

01 DAY TILL SUMMER TOUR 2010

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:31 pm

Saturday - 06/11/1994
Red Rocks Amphitheatre
Morrison, CO

Set I: Wilson > Chalk Dust Torture, You Enjoy Myself -> Rift, Down with Disease, It's Ice > Tela, Stash

Set II: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Run Like an Antelope, Fluffhead, Scent of a Mule, Split Open and Melt, The Squirming Coil, Maze, Contact > Frankenstein

Encore: Suzy Greenberg

Notes: This show marked the breakout of Frankenstein, which hadn’t been played since July 26, 1991 (331 shows). Suzy subsequently included a Frankenstein tease. Fluffhead was played after a group of fans had been requesting it since the beginning of the show. Antelope included a tease of the Odd Couple theme.

Sunday - 06/11/2000
Hibiya Outdoor Theatre
Chiyoda-ku
Tokyo, Japan

Set I: First Tube, Punch You In the Eye, Horn, Ginseng Sullivan, Stash, Dirt, Possum > It's Ice, Farmhouse

Set II: Birds of a Feather, Free, Beauty of My Dreams, Bug > David Bowie, When the Circus Comes, Back on the Train > Harry Hood

Encore: Character Zero

Notes: Possum included Stash teases. A large rainbow formed over the theatre and cleared during the encore. The opening act was Big Frog.

Wednesday - 06/11/2003
Continental Airlines Arena
East Rutherford, NJ

The Star Spangled Banner

Notes: Phish performed the national anthem before Game 4 of the 2003 NBA Finals between the San Antonio Spurs and the New Jersey Nets.

Thursday - 06/11/2009
Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival
Manchester, TN

Soundcheck: Dog Log, Ginseng Sullivan, Nellie Kane, Ocelot, Beauty of My Dreams, Funky Bitch

Notes: This was the soundcheck for Phish’s Bonnaroo performances.

Friday - 06/11/2010
Toyota Park
Bridgeview, IL

Set I: Down with Disease, Wolfman's Brother, Possum, Boogie On Reggae Woman, Reba, Jesus Just Left Chicago, The Divided Sky, Golgi Apparatus > David Bowie

Set II: Light > Maze, Ghost -> Limb By Limb > Prince Caspian > The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Run Like an Antelope, Show of Life

Encore: Cavern > Julius

Notes: After Possum, Trey congratulated the hometown Chicago Blackhawks' victory over his beloved Philadelphia Flyers in the Stanley Cup Finals that ended two days before this show. Reba was performed without the whistling ending. Limb by Limb included an ending vocal jam. Antelope contained a Dave's Energy Guide tease by Trey in the intro section. Antelope subsequently contained a Fishman drum solo. "Jon Fishman" was substituted for "Marco Esquandolas" and Antelope's lyrics were further changed with "Been you to have any stick." This show featured the Phish debut of Show of Life.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:20 pm

Wednesday - 06/14/1989
Pivate Party
Stone High School Graduation
Burlington, VT

No known setlist.

Tuesday - 06/14/1994
Civic Center
Des Moines, IA

Soundcheck: Makisupa Policeman (different than usual; not reggae)

Set I: Llama, Guelah Papyrus > Sweet Adeline > Digital Delay Loop Jam -> Guelah Papyrus, Rift, Down with Disease -> Fee -> My Friend, My Friend, Uncle Pen, I Didn't Know > My Sweet One > I Didn't Know, Split Open and Melt

Set II: Frankenstein, Demand > David Bowie, If I Could, It's Ice, Sparkle, You Enjoy Myself -> Hold Your Head Up > Bike > Hold Your Head Up, Possum

Encore: Sample in a Jar

Notes: After The Asse Festival segment of Guelah, the band launched into Adeline and then moved into a Digital Delay Loop Jam before finishing the song. YEM included On Broadway teases in both the jam and the vocal jam; it was also teased during Possum. HYHU segued out of the YEM vocal jam and included Fishman talking about how much he hates that song (though he has nothing personal against Argent, who wrote it). Possum included Dave’s Energy Guide teases.

Wednesday - 06/14/1995
Mud Island Amphitheater
Memphis, TN

Set I: Don't You Wanna Go, Gumbo, NICU, Mound, Cavern, Possum, All Things Reconsidered, Amazing Grace, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Spock's Brain, Split Open and Melt

Set II: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Poor Heart > Tweezer, Acoustic Army, While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Encore: Simple, Rocky Top > Tweezer Reprise

Notes: Don’t You Wanna Go was preceded by a Stairway to Heaven tease. This 50+ minute Tweezer included a brief Gypsy Queen Jam, a 2001 tease, a Slave-like jam, and a Digital Delay Loop Jam with whistling. Simple was performed with an a cappella ending instead of a jam, akin to the ALO version from December 8, 1994. Amazing Grace was performed without microphones.

Saturday - 06/14/1997
The S.F.X. Centre
Dublin, Ireland

Soundcheck: Twist

Set I: Down with Disease > NICU, Dirt, Talk, My Soul, Cars Trucks Buses, Limb By Limb, Bye Bye Foot, Free, Prince Caspian

Set II: Twist, Piper, Saw It Again, Waking Up, Dogs Stole Things, Waste, David Bowie, Cavern

Encore: When the Circus Comes, Rocky Top

Notes: This show featured the debuts of Dirt, Bye Bye Foot, Twist, Piper, Saw It Again, and Waking Up. This show also featured unusually improvisational versions of Waste and Cavern.

Wednesday - 06/14/2000
Drum Logos
Chuo-ku
Fukuoka, Japan

Soundcheck: Live and Let Die Jam, 007 Theme Jam, Windora Bug (with alternate “Carini” lyrics), Funky Bitch

Set I: Carini, The Curtain > Cities, Gumbo -> Llama, Fee, Heavy Things, Split Open and Melt

Set II: Back on the Train, Twist > Jam -> Walk Away -> Also Sprach Zarathustra

Encore: Sleep, The Squirming Coil

Notes: Trey altered the lyrics in Cities to reference noodles. Fee included a tease of the old Charlie Chan signal lick from Fishman, who played it on the woodblock during one of his breaks. The jam between Twist and Walk Away included a segment based on the intro to Ghost. Sleep was played by request. This show was officially released as Live Phish 04.

Sunday - 06/14/2009
Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival
Manchester, TN

Set I: AC/DC Bag > NICU, Gotta Jibboo > Punch You In the Eye > Sparkle > Bathtub Gin, Character Zero > Tweezer -> The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Run Like an Antelope, Mustang Sally, Bobby Jean > Glory Days

Set II: Rock and Roll -> Light > 46 Days, Limb By Limb, Farmhouse, Backwards Down the Number Line > Prince Caspian, First Tube

Encore: Suzy Greenberg > Tweezer Reprise

Notes: This show, performed on the What Stage, closed out the 2009 Bonnaroo Festival. Before Mustang Sally, Trey remarked that he had seen a show at Jadwin Gym at Princeton University when was 12 (apparently referring to an 11/1/78 performance by Bruce Springsteen at this 3,000 seat venue, though Trey would have been 14 at the time), and added that Phish would now have an opportunity to play with one of his heroes, Bruce Springsteen. Springsteen joined in on guitar and vocals for Mustang Sally, Bobby Jean and Glory Days. Mustang Sally was played for the first time since August 5, 1988 (1,274 shows). This show marked the Phish debuts of Bobby Jean and Glory Days. Rock and Roll included a brief Rift tease. Limb By Limb contained a Dave’s Energy Guide tease.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

PreviousNext

Return to General Phish Discussion