Today in Phishtory!

Discuss Phish!

Re: Today in Phishtory!

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:27 pm

Wednesday - 06/15/1988
The Front
Burlington, VT

Set I: Suzy Greenberg, Alumni Blues > Letter to Jimmy Page > Alumni Blues, You Enjoy Myself, Wilson, Rocky Top, McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters, Fluffhead, Golgi Apparatus

Set II: La Grange, Fee > Timber (Jerry), I Didn't Know, The Lizards, AC/DC Bag, The Sloth, Contact, Dinner and a Movie, Take the 'A' Train, Good Times Bad Times, Whipping Post, Dear Mrs. Reagan

Notes: This show marked the first known performance of Contact; Contact lyrics were also sung during Dear Mrs. Reagan. Whipping Post began as Antelope. The actual date of this show may have been June 16, 1988.

Thursday - 06/15/1995
Lakewood Amphitheatre
Atlanta, GA

Soundcheck: Funky Bitch, The Old Home Place, Julius

Set I: My Friend, My Friend, Sparkle > AC/DC Bag, The Old Home Place, Taste, The Wedge, Stash -> I Didn't Know, Fluffhead, Run Like an Antelope

Set II: My Sweet One, Ha Ha Ha > David Bowie, Strange Design, Theme From the Bottom, Scent of a Mule, Acoustic Army, Slave to the Traffic Light

Encore: Bouncing Around the Room, Frankenstein

Notes: Stash was unfinished and melted into I Didn’t Know, which was performed in an eerie, slower fashion and featured Fishman on trombone, Mike on electric drill, and Trey on megaphone. Bowie included some odd chanting, including the phrase “Send me on my way” (although not in a manner similar to the Rusted Root song of the same name).

Thursday - 06/15/2000
Big Cat
Chuo-ku
Osaka, Japan

Soundcheck: Heavy Things, Uncle Pen, “Who Let the Lemmings In?” Jam, Windora Bug (with alternate “we got really drunk last night” lyrics)

Set I: NICU > Chalk Dust Torture, AC/DC Bag, Uncle Pen, Ghost, Frankie Says, The Divided Sky, Farmhouse

Set II: Down with Disease, The Lizards, Bike > Hold Your Head Up, You Enjoy Myself

Encore: Gotta Jibboo

Notes: Bike was preceded by a vacuum solo and followed by several runs through the HYHU theme, with each faster than the one before it. Disease included a Birdland tease.

Tuesday - 06/15/2010
nTelos Pavilion
Portsmouth, VA

Soundcheck: Gone, Sleep Again, The Connection [list and order unconfirmed]

Set I: Tube, Kill Devil Falls, Slave to the Traffic Light, Lawn Boy, Poor Heart, AC/DC Bag, The Moma Dance > My Friend, My Friend, Cold Water, Bathtub Gin, Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan

Set II: Wilson > Seven Below > 46 Days > Idea, Also Sprach Zarathustra > Simple > Joy, Taste, Theme From the Bottom, A Day in the Life

Encore: Heavy Things, First Tube

Notes: This show marked the Phish debut of Cold Water and the debut of Idea.
Summer 2010 : Deer Creek -> Deer Creek > Alpine -> Alpine

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:55 pm

Out of town on bizzness.....check back tomorrow :thumbup:

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:31 pm

Saturday - 06/18/1994
UIC Pavilion
University of Illinois
Chicago, IL

Soundcheck: All Things Reconsidered, How Many More Times

Set I: Wilson, Rift, AC/DC Bag, Maze, The Mango Song, Down with Disease, It's Ice, Dog Faced Boy, The Divided Sky, Sample in a Jar

Set II: Peaches en Regalia > David Bowie -> Mind Left Body Jam -> David Bowie, Horn > McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters > Tweezer > Lifeboy, You Enjoy Myself, Chalk Dust Torture

Encore: Bouncing Around the Room, Tweezer Reprise

Notes: Tweezer included Mind Left Body teases. Bowie included Three Blind Mice, Voodoo Child and Purple Haze teases. YEM included Frankenstein, How Many More Times, and Landlady teases, as well as a Monty Python “Spam” vocal jam.

Friday - 06/18/2004
KeySpan Park
Brooklyn, NY

Set I: AC/DC Bag, Camel Walk, Crowd Control, Stash, Cars Trucks Buses, Carini > My Sweet One > Character Zero > Tweezer

Set II: Wilson > Down with Disease, 99 Problems, Big Pimpin', Chalk Dust Torture, Harry Hood, Taste

Encore: Bug > Tweezer Reprise

Notes: Scents and Subtle Sounds was teased prior to AC/DC Bag. This show contained the Phish debuts of 99 Problems and Big Pimpin’, both of which featured guest performances by Jay-Z and Cyro Baptista. After 99 Problems, Jay-Z remarked, presumably referring to the Phish scene, that “You all been hiding this from me.” Jay-Z then said that the members of Phish told him that if the fans made enough noise that he could play one more song, which they naturally did, hence Big Pimpin’. Prior to Hood, Trey jokingly announced an Eric Clapton guest appearance. Mike teased the Random Note signal both before and during Hood.

Thursday - 06/18/2009
Post-Gazette Pavilion
Burgettstown, PA

Set I: Golgi Apparatus, Chalk Dust Torture, Bouncing Around the Room, Wolfman's Brother, The Divided Sky, Heavy Things, Walk Away, Wilson, Tube, Alaska, David Bowie

Set II: Down with Disease > Free, Guyute, Piper -> When the Circus Comes, Harry Hood > The Squirming Coil, You Enjoy Myself

Encore: Grind, Hello My Baby, Hold Your Head Up > Bike > Hold Your Head Up, Loving Cup

Notes: This show featured the first Walk Away since October 5, 2000 (80 shows). After Grind, Trey remarked that Page blew the wrong note on the pitch pipe and had them all singing in the wrong key. They decide to perform another a cappella song and Trey joked that if they couldn’t get it right, Fish would sing Bike. Sure enough, Hello My Baby was no better and was aborted. However, true to his word, Trey announced that Fish will now sing Bike. For his part, Fish took the opportunity to welcome everyone to “the trainwreck portion of the show.” Bike was played for the first time since September 12, 2000 (95 shows).

Friday - 06/18/2010
The Comcast Theatre
Hartford, CT

Soundcheck: Sleep Again

Set I: Fee > Rift, Wolfman's Brother, Summer of '89, Foam, Possum > The Moma Dance > Julius, Reba, Cavern

Set II: Halley's Comet > Light -> Billy Breathes, Tweezer > Theme From the Bottom > Harry Hood > Wading in the Velvet Sea, Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan

Encore: Sleeping Monkey > Tweezer Reprise, Tweezer Reprise

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:08 pm

Sunday - 06/19/1988
Nectar's
Burlington, VT

Set I: The Curtain With, Funky Bitch, Possum, Golgi Apparatus, La Grange, Suzy Greenberg, Big Leg Emma, You Enjoy Myself

Set II: Good Times Bad Times, Cities, Alumni Blues > Letter to Jimmy Page > Alumni Blues, Big Black Furry Creature from Mars, Swing Low, Sweet Chariot, Contact, Run Like an Antelope

Set III: I Know a Little > Mike's Song, Corrina, Rocky Top, McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters

Encore: Jesus Just Left Chicago

Friday - 06/19/1992
Stadtpark
Hamburg, Germany

Soundcheck: My Sweet One

Set I: The Landlady, Suzy Greenberg, Stash, The Squirming Coil, Sparkle, Cavern, You Enjoy Myself

Notes: This opening set for The Violent Femmes was Phish’s first show in Europe.

Sunday - 06/19/1994
State Theater
Kalamazoo, MI

Soundcheck: Gumbo, Reggae Jam

Set I: Suzy Greenberg, Julius, The Lizards, Axilla (Part II), The Curtain, Fast Enough for You, Scent of a Mule, Stash, Golgi Apparatus

Set II: Faht, Run Like an Antelope, If I Could, Reba, Makisupa Policeman, The Squirming Coil, My Sweet One, Highway to Hell

Encore: Free Bird

Notes: Suzy contained a tease of How Many More Times. My Sweet One was performed acoustic and without amplification.

Monday - 06/19/1995
Deer Creek Music Center
Noblesville, IN

Set I: Theme From the Bottom, Poor Heart, AC/DC Bag, Tela, Punch You In the Eye, Reba, Strange Design, Rift, Cavern, Run Like an Antelope

Set II: Simple -> David Bowie, The Mango Song, Loving Cup, Sparkle, You Enjoy Myself, Acoustic Army, Possum

Encore: A Day in the Life

Notes: Bowie featured a Mind Left Body tease from Trey.

Thursday - 06/19/1997
Arena
Vienna, Austria

Set I: Limb By Limb, Dogs Stole Things, Theme From the Bottom > Punch You In the Eye, Water in the Sky, Maze, Waste, Vultures, Runaway Jim

Set II: Stash -> Ghost -> Saw It Again > Wading in the Velvet Sea, Piper, Jesus Just Left Chicago > Prince Caspian

Encore: Beauty of My Dreams > Character Zero, Hello My Baby

Saturday - 06/19/2004
Saratoga Performing Arts Center
Saratoga Springs, NY

Set I: Reba, Runaway Jim, NICU > Scents and Subtle Sounds, Wolfman's Brother, Walls of the Cave -> David Bowie

Set II: A Song I Heard the Ocean Sing > Piper -> Gotta Jibboo, Limb By Limb, Cavern

Encore: Wading in the Velvet Sea

Notes: Piper featured a substantial Tweezer Reprise jam and, near the end, a Harpua tease. Jibboo was unfinished. Trey forgot an entire verse of Cavern. Cavern contained a Purple Haze tease.

Friday - 06/19/2009
Verizon Wireless Music Center
Noblesville, IN

Set I: Backwards Down the Number Line, AC/DC Bag, Limb By Limb, The Moma Dance, Water in the Sky, Split Open and Melt, Lawn Boy, The Wedge, Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan, The Connection, Ocelot, Fluffhead

Set II: A Song I Heard the Ocean Sing > Drowned > Twist, Let Me Lie, Tweezer -> Also Sprach Zarathustra > Suzy Greenberg -> Possum

Encore: Sleeping Monkey > Tweezer Reprise

Notes: After Limb By Limb, Trey introduced Fish as “Johnny B. Fishman” and quoted Johnny B. Goode. Split Open and Melt included a Can’t You Hear Me Knocking tease. Before The Connection, Mike introduced Trey as “Sweetie Pie” and Trey responded by blowing a kiss to Mike. This show marked the debut of The Connection. There were severe thunderstorms during setbreak and, as a result, Page made an announcement that they were going to take a longer than usual break and that everyone on the lawn should return to their cars until the second set, which would not start until 11:00.

Saturday - 06/19/2010
Saratoga Springs, NY

Soundcheck: Let Me Lie x3 [Unconfirmed]

Set I: Tweezer Reprise, Chalk Dust Torture, Funky Bitch, Runaway Jim, Ya Mar, Sample in a Jar, Axilla > Fluffhead, Bathtub Gin, Suzy Greenberg

Set II: Rock and Roll -> Free, Backwards Down the Number Line, Halfway to the Moon > Prince Caspian > Joy, David Bowie, Show of Life

Encore: The Squirming Coil, Character Zero > Tweezer Reprise

Notes: This gig featured the first Tweezer Reprise opener since 11/9/95 (482 shows) and the debut of Halfway to the Moon.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:24 pm

Tuesday - 06/21/1988
Nectar's
Burlington, VT

Set I: Fluffhead, Rocky Top, Mustang Sally, Suzy Greenberg > The Curtain > The Lizards, Fly Famous Mockingbird, Fire

Set II: AC/DC Bag, Flat Fee, Alumni Blues > Letter to Jimmy Page > Alumni Blues, Jesus Just Left Chicago, Good Times Bad Times, Contact, Peaches en Regalia, Golgi Apparatus

Set III: Harpua, I Didn't Know, Whipping Post

Notes: Mockingbird was aborted and had to be restarted due to error. GTBT was dedicated to Don Drive and East Coast Printers. I Didn't Know had a false start, lyrics changed to reference "Daubs" and "Seth," and featured Fishman on trombone.

Tuesday - 06/21/1994
Cincinnati Music Hall
Cincinnati, OH

Set I: Runaway Jim, Mound -> Sample in a Jar, It's Ice, The Horse

Set II: Fire, Poor Heart > Down with Disease, My Friend, My Friend, Split Open and Melt, Esther, Chalk Dust Torture, Big Black Furry Creature from Mars, Ginseng Sullivan, Big Black Furry Creature from Mars Reprise, Dog Faced Boy, Sweet Adeline, Julius, Sparkle, Harry Hood, Suzy Greenberg

Encore: Amazing Grace

Notes: After a few lines of The Horse, the fire alarm went off. The band kept playing but the house lights came on and the building was cleared for 20 minutes. The music resumed with Fire, and that was the only “set break.” My Friend included a Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo jam and a brief Moby Dick tease from Trey. SOAM subsequently included additional Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo teases from Mike and an atypical jam. Ginseng Sullivan through Dog Faced Boy were performed acoustic and without amplification, and Sweet Adeline and Amazing Grace were performed without amplification.

Saturday - 06/21/1997
Hurricane Festival
Scheessel, Germany

Set I: Sample in a Jar, Also Sprach Zarathustra > Poor Heart, Taste, Dogs Stole Things, Theme From the Bottom, Swept Away > Steep, Limb By Limb, Dirt, Harry Hood, Chalk Dust Torture, Samson Variation, Twist, Cavern

Encore: My Soul

Notes: Samson Variation debuted at this show. This single-set performance was part of the inaugural Hurricane Festival that also featured Ani DiFranco, Bad Religion, Ben Folds Five, Elegantly Wasted, and Primus.

Monday - 06/21/2004
Ed Sullivan Theater
New York, NY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k23WicpC ... r_embedded

Set I: Scents and Subtle Sounds, Scents and Subtle Sounds, Also Sprach Zarathustra, Wilson, Chalk Dust Torture, Tweezer > Tweezer Reprise

Notes: Phish performed on top of the theater's second-floor marquee at West 53rd Street and Broadway. The soundcheck earlier that day included an instrumental jam similar to Quantegy. The first Scents was taped for The Late Show with David Letterman and aired that night. Then Phish waited as Paul Shaffer and his band (from inside the theater) played an instrumental version of The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down. The remainder of Phish's performance was for the benefit of a few hundred fans assembled on the sidewalk across the street. This version of 2001 contained only one “verse.”

Sunday - 06/21/2009
Alpine Valley Music Theatre
East Troy, WI

Set I: Brother, Wolfman's Brother, Funky Bitch > The Divided Sky, Joy, Back on the Train, Taste, Poor Heart, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday > Avenu Malkenu > The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday Reprise, Time Turns Elastic

Set II: Crosseyed and Painless -> Down with Disease > Bug > Piper > Wading in the Velvet Sea, Boogie On Reggae Woman, Slave to the Traffic Light

Encore: Grind, Frankenstein

Notes: During Brother, each of the band members’ children jumped into a bathtub placed at the side of the stage. Afterwards, Trey introduced them and wished everyone a happy Fathers’ Day. Funky Bitch was played in acknowledgement of a fan who had been holding up a sign requesting the song at this show and the previous one. The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday Reprise was played for the first time since July 4, 2000 (111 shows). Crosseyed and Painless included a brief, subtle tease from Page of the Grateful Dead’s Let It Grow. Trey teased Taste near the end of Disease. Piper contains a brief Can’t You Hear Me Knocking tease. Frankenstein featured Page on the keytar and Trey on a five-neck guitar.
Last edited by Mr. Hiatus on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:24 pm

Wednesday - 06/22/1994
Veterans Memorial Auditorium
Columbus, OH

Set I: Llama, Guelah Papyrus, Rift, Gumbo > Maze, If I Could, Scent of a Mule, Stash, Golgi Apparatus

Set II: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Mike's Song -> Simple -> Midnight Rider -> Catapult -> Simple -> Icculus, Simple -> Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove -> The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday > Avenu Malkenu > The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday Reprise > Digital Delay Loop Jam > Fluffhead, My Sweet One, Big Ball Jam > Jesus Just Left Chicago, Sample in a Jar

Encore: Carolina, Cavern

Notes: My Sweet One was performed acoustic and, along with Carolina, without microphones. Catapult was sung over the Midnight Rider jam. Icculus was played for the first time since March 25, 1993 (127 shows). Cavern contained a Voodoo Child (Slight Return) tease. This show was officially released as Live Phish 10.

Thursday - 06/22/1995
Finger Lakes Performing Arts Center
Canandaigua, NY

Set I: Sample in a Jar, Scent of a Mule, Ha Ha Ha > The Divided Sky, Guelah Papyrus, It's Ice, Strange Design, Maze, Cavern, Sweet Adeline

Set II: Theme From the Bottom -> Jam -> Tweezer -> Tweezer Reprise

Encore: Acoustic Army, While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Notes: This 40-minute Tweezer, which is known as “The Fleezer,” contained a My Generation jam and, at one point, a Fishman vacuum accompaniment. Maze included a brief Dave’s Energy Guide tease.

Sunday - 06/22/1997
Loreley
St. Goarshausen
Koblenz, Germany

Set I: Taste, Water in the Sky, Stash, Dirt, Uncle Pen, Character Zero, Theme From the Bottom, Hello My Baby, Ghost

Encore: Limb By Limb

Notes: This single-set performance was part of the WDR Festival that also featured Ezio, K’s Choice, John Hiatt, Reef, Primus, and Steve Winwood.

Thursday - 06/22/2000
AmSouth Amphitheatre
Antioch, TN

Soundcheck: Jam -> Back on the Train, First Tube, Uncle Pen, Billy Breathes, You Shook Me All Night Long

Set I: First Tube, Wolfman's Brother > Beauty of My Dreams, Golgi Apparatus, Limb By Limb, Bug, Poor Heart, Roggae, Chalk Dust Torture

Set II: Gotta Jibboo > Also Sprach Zarathustra > Sand, Harry Hood -> Dog Faced Boy > Harry Hood, I'm Blue, I'm Lonesome, Hold Whatcha Got, Uncle Pen, Free Bird

Encore: You Enjoy Myself

Notes: Wolfman’s included an In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida tease. Hood featured Robbie McCoury on banjo, Ronnie McCoury on mandolin and Sam Bush on fiddle. I’m Blue I’m Lonesome, the Phish debut of Hold Watcha Got, Uncle Pen, and Free Bird also included Del McCoury on guitar, Ricky Skaggs on mandolin, Mike Bub on upright double-bass, and Jason Carter on fiddle in addition to those already on stage. Free Bird featured Wynonna Judd on lead vocals and was played with full instrumentation, as opposed to the usual a cappella arrangement.

Tuesday - 06/22/2010
Comcast Center
Mansfield, MA

Soundcheck: Dr. Gabel [Unconfirmed]

Set I: Lit O Bit, Camel Walk, Possum, The Divided Sky, Dirt, Sample in a Jar, Kill Devil Falls, Dr. Gabel, Run Like an Antelope

Set II: Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Sneakin' Sally through the Alley -> Light -> 46 Days, Limb By Limb, Golgi Apparatus, Slave to the Traffic Light, Loving Cup

Encore: First Tube

Notes: This show featured the Phish debut of Lit O Bit and the debut of Dr. Gabel. In Antelope, "Marco Esquandolas" was changed to "Leo Esquandolas," followed by a Page solo.
Last edited by Mr. Hiatus on Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:19 pm

Thursday - 06/23/1988
Tramps
New York, NY

No known setlist.

Friday - 06/23/1989
The Paradise
Boston, MA

Set I: AC/DC Bag, You Enjoy Myself, Wilson, Peaches en Regalia, Donna Lee, Fee, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, The Lizards, Run Like an Antelope

Set II: The Sloth, Fluffhead, Harry Hood, Ya Mar, Split Open and Melt, Possum, David Bowie

Encore: Contact, Good Times Bad Times

Notes: Antelope contained a Popeye theme tease.

Tuesday - 06/23/1992
Philipshalle
Düsseldorf, Germany

Set I: Chalk Dust Torture, Reba, Maze, Sweet Adeline, Uncle Pen, Big Black Furry Creature from Mars, If I Only Had a Brain, Golgi Apparatus

Notes: This set was an opener for The Violent Femmes. BBFCFM included a count-off in German (“Ein, zwei, drei!”) and a vacuum solo from Fish.

Thursday - 06/23/1994
Phoenix Plaza Theatre
Pontiac, MI

Set I: Buried Alive, Poor Heart, Split Open and Melt, NICU, Foam, Bouncing Around the Room, Down with Disease, Silent in the Morning, Punch You In the Eye, Julius

Set II: Frankenstein, David Bowie, The Mango Song > Axilla (Part II), Uncle Pen, Tweezer, Lifeboy > Slave to the Traffic Light

Encore: Sparkle > Tweezer Reprise

Notes: The first set included the first NICU since May 1, 1992 (248 shows). Silent was performed without The Horse. Tweezer included Sunshine of Your Love teases.

Friday - 06/23/1995
Waterloo Village
Stanhope, NJ

Set I: Simple, Chalk Dust Torture, Prince Caspian, Reba, Ginseng Sullivan, Free, Taste, You Enjoy Myself

Set II: Runaway Jim -> The Lizards, The Wedge, Run Like an Antelope, Harpua -> Jam -> Llama, Good Times Bad Times

Notes: Harpua was unfinished; Jimmy played an Abba record (which led to a verse of Abba’s Waterloo), decided that he hated Abba and thought that maybe a little rocking harmonica would tighten it up. John Popper then came out for to play harmonica on a jam that led into Llama. Llama and GTBT also featured John Popper on harmonica.

Friday - 06/23/2000
Lakewood Amphitheatre
Atlanta, GA

Set I: Ya Mar, My Soul, Bathtub Gin, Heavy Things, Back on the Train > David Bowie, Cars Trucks Buses, Farmhouse

Set II: Rock and Roll > Jesus Just Left Chicago > Down with Disease > Twist, Contact > Makisupa Policeman > Character Zero

Encore: Brian and Robert, Possum

Notes: Bowie included a Crosseyed and Painless tease.

Wednesday - 06/23/2004
Noblesville, IN

Set I: Llama, Bouncing Around the Room, Bathtub Gin, Ya Mar, Pebbles and Marbles, Army of One, Split Open and Melt

Set II: Halley's Comet -> Crosseyed and Painless > Slave to the Traffic Light, Nothing -> 46 Days > Scents and Subtle Sounds -> Brian and Robert, Limb By Limb, Cavern

Encore: Waste

Notes: Ya Mar contained a Stash tease and SASS contained a N2O tease.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:08 pm

Friday - 06/24/1988
Halverson's
Burlington, VT

Set I: The Lizards, Possum, Blue Bossa, Alumni Blues > Letter to Jimmy Page > Alumni Blues, On Your Way Down, Golgi Apparatus, Fee, Sneakin' Sally through the Alley, You Enjoy Myself, The Ballad of Curtis Loew, Fluffhead

Notes: This setlist is incomplete. This show featured the first known Phish performances of Blue Bossa and On Your Way Down. It is unclear whether this tape is actually from this show (which was confirmed for this date), is from another show, or is a mix with pieces from various shows.

Wednesday - 06/24/1992
Resi
Nüremberg, Germany

Set I: Runaway Jim, Llama, Sweet Adeline, Uncle Pen, Guelah Papyrus, I Didn't Know, Sparkle, Cavern, Rocky Top

Notes: This set was an opener for The Violent Femmes.

Friday - 06/24/1994
Murat Theatre
Indianapolis, IN

Set I: The Divided Sky, Wilson, It's Ice, Fee, All Things Reconsidered, The Sloth, Paul and Silas, Horn, Reba, Sweet Adeline, Sample in a Jar

Set II: Demand > Run Like an Antelope, Halley's Comet > The Curtain > McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters > Simple -> Sanity > Llama, Dog Faced Boy, Poor Heart, Cavern, Carolina, Down with Disease

Encore: Rocky Top

Notes: Dog Faced Boy through Cavern, which contained the older, alternate lyrics, were performed acoustic without microphones. Carolina was also performed without microphones. This hot Antelope included a Disease-style jam segment. Wilson included a Simpsons signal.

Saturday - 06/24/1995
The Mann Center for the Performing Arts
Philadelphia, PA

Set I: Fee > Rift, Spock's Brain, Julius, Glide, Mound, Stash, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, The Squirming Coil

Set II: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Halley's Comet > David Bowie, Lifeboy, Suzy Greenberg, Harry Hood, Acoustic Army, Sweet Adeline, Golgi Apparatus

Encore: Bold As Love

Notes: After Acoustic Army, Trey thanked the crowd for being so quiet. The band then proceeded to don surgical masks for Adeline. The masks were provided by a fan in the front – Trey thanked him for the “hats.” The encore was preceded by a Random Note signal.

Tuesday - 06/24/1997
La Laiterie
Strasbourg, France

Set I: Split Open and Melt, Beauty of My Dreams, Dogs Stole Things, Vultures, Guelah Papyrus, Runaway Jim -> Gypsy Queen -> Runaway Jim, Talk, Free, Prince Caspian, Rocky Top

Set II: Wolfman's Brother, Reba, NICU, Twist, Piper, Wading in the Velvet Sea, Ghost

Encore: Loving Cup

Notes: Guelah was aborted and scrapped.

Thursday - 06/24/1999
The Barn
Westford, VT

Set I: Farmhouse, The Moma Dance, Hey You, Meatstick > Come Together

Set II: Back on the Train, Windora Bug, Dirt, Twist > Jam, Bug, Saw It Again, Rock A William

Notes: The 5th Ball, a.k.a. "Carreystock" This private show at Trey’s barn was a tune-up for the summer tour, played for some members of the Phish organization and members of the crew of the Jim Carrey movie Me, Myself and Irene, which was being filmed nearby. Carrey joined in on vocals for Hey You and Come Together.

Saturday - 06/24/2000
Lakewood Amphitheatre
Atlanta, GA

Set I: The Moma Dance > Runaway Jim, Bouncing Around the Room > Tweezer, Strange Design, Cavern

Set II: Birds of a Feather, Bug, My Sweet One, Run Like an Antelope, Frankie Says, Carini, The Squirming Coil, Prince Caspian

Encore: Guyute, The Inlaw Josie Wales, Driver, Tweezer Reprise

Notes: Tweezer included an I Know You Rider tease. My Sweet One was botched, which led to band introductions from Trey and extended solos from Fish, Mike, and Page. Trey explained that My Sweet One and Dog Faced Boy were both written about the same person by Fishman and that one was at the beginning of the relationship and the other at the end, finally asking the crowd "can you guess which?" Mike "bantered" a bit and showed off his fight bell. During the banter after My Sweet One, Page teased "Charge!" twice.

Thursday - 06/24/2004
Noblesville, IN

Set I: Loving Cup, Cities -> Back on the Train, Vultures, My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own, Down with Disease -> Rock and Roll

Set II: Tube, Run Like an Antelope, The Wedge, Timber (Jerry), Prince Caspian > Simple, Walls of the Cave

Encore: The Squirming Coil

Notes: Walls of the Cave contained a Down with Disease jam.

Thursday - 06/24/2010
Susquehanna Bank Center
Camden, NJ

Set I: David Bowie, Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan, Water in the Sky, Ocelot, Uncle Pen, Boogie On Reggae Woman, Gumbo > Timber (Jerry) > I Didn't Know, Birds of a Feather, Bouncing Around the Room, Reba, The Rover

Set II: Down with Disease -> Crosseyed and Painless > Nothing > Twenty Years Later > Harry Hood > Fluffhead > Julius, You Enjoy Myself

Encore: Bug

Notes: During I Didn't Know, Trey mentioned his prediction from the 6/7/09 Camden show that the Flyers would win the Stanley Cup and announced that Fish would perform a voodoo vacuum solo for next year's Cup. Reba was unfinished. The Rover was a Phish debut.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:16 pm

Saturday - 07/25/1992
Stowe Performing Arts Center
Stowe, VT

Set I: Runaway Jim, Foam, Sparkle, Stash, Rift, You Enjoy Myself, Llama, Funky Bitch

Notes: This set was an opener for Santana. YEM through Funky Bitch featured special guests Carlos Santana, Karl Perazzo, and Raul Rekow. Funky Bitch was played for the first time since October 15, 1991 (110 shows).

Saturday - 06/25/1994
Nautica Stage
Cleveland, OH

Set I: NO2, Rift, Julius, NICU, Stash, The Mango Song, Sample in a Jar, Scent of a Mule, Tela, Chalk Dust Torture

Set II: Suzy Greenberg, Maze, Sparkle, Bathtub Gin, Axilla (Part II), You Enjoy Myself, Hold Your Head Up > Cracklin' Rosie > Hold Your Head Up, Harry Hood, Golgi Apparatus

Encore: Highway to Hell

Notes: Though written many years earlier, NO2 made its first known appearance at this show. Gin included a Caravan tease from Page.

Sunday - 06/25/1995
Philadelphia, PA

Set I: Ya Mar > AC/DC Bag, Taste, Theme From the Bottom, If I Could > Sparkle, The Divided Sky, I Didn't Know, Split Open and Melt

Set II: Maze, Sample in a Jar, Scent of a Mule, Mike's Song -> Why Don't We Do It in the Road? > Hold Your Head Up > Jam -> Weekapaug Groove, Amazing Grace, Cavern

Encore: Bouncing Around the Room, Slave to the Traffic Light

Notes: I Didn’t Know featured Fishman (introduced as “Cedric Harris” by Trey) on vacuum. The Maze intro included Reville teases, and Weekapaug contained teases of Main Street.

Wednesday - 06/25/1997
L’Aeronef
Lille, France

Set I: Olivia's Pool, Dogs Stole Things, Taste, Billy Breathes, AC/DC Bag, The Old Home Place, Theme From the Bottom, Wading in the Velvet Sea, Saw It Again, Limb By Limb, My Soul

Set II: Down with Disease -> Piper -> Down with Disease -> Meatstick -> McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters > Makisupa Policeman, Cecilia > Hold Your Head Up > Rock A William, Run Like an Antelope

Encore: Guyute

Notes: This show marked the debut of Meatstick and the Phish debut of Cecilia, which was performed a cappella by Fishman. The jam out of Disease included Can’t You Hear Me Knocking teases. McGrupp included Makisupa teases; the subsequent Makisupa was unfinished. Antelope included crew introductions and a mention of Antelope Greg.

Sunday - 06/25/2000
ALLTEL Pavilion at Walnut Creek
Raleigh, NC

Soundcheck: My Sweet One, Cars Trucks Buses, Uncle Pen (x2), "Rolling Along"

Set I: NICU, Sample in a Jar, The Old Home Place, Punch You In the Eye, Water in the Sky, Funky Bitch, Horn, Heavy Things, Dirt, Split Open and Melt

Set II: Gotta Jibboo > Fast Enough for You > Scent of a Mule, Meat, Maze, What's the Use? > Slave to the Traffic Light

Encore: Uncle Pen, Bold As Love

Notes: Maze included Peter Gunn teases.

Friday - 06/25/2004
East Troy, WI

Set I: Julius, Roses Are Free > AC/DC Bag, Glide, Anything But Me, David Bowie, Wolfman's Brother, Golgi Apparatus

Set II: Seven Below -> Buffalo Bill > Lawn Boy, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, You Enjoy Myself -> Also Sprach Zarathustra -> You Enjoy Myself

Encore: Sample in a Jar

Notes: Page signed an autograph while out on the front of the stage during Lawn Boy. Weekapaug included a Seven Below tease. The portion of YEM following 2001 contained only the vocal jam.

Friday - 06/25/2010
Susquehanna Bank Center
Camden, NJ

Set I: Alumni Blues > Letter to Jimmy Page > Alumni Blues, Big Black Furry Creature from Mars, Runaway Jim, Army of One, Free Man in Paris, Summer of '89, Split Open and Melt, The Sloth, Time Turns Elastic, Golgi Apparatus

Set II: Chalk Dust Torture > Prince Caspian > Heavy Things > Alaska > Also Sprach Zarathustra > Light > Possum > Character Zero

Encore: Shine a Light

Notes: This show featured the first Alumni Blues since 7/24/99 (222 shows) and the first Letter to Jimmy Page since 7/15/94 (587 shows). Free Man in Paris was a Phish debut. Both Chalk Dust and Caspian were unfinished. 2001 included a Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' tease from Trey and full-band Billy Jean and Thriller teases, on the first anniversary of Michael Jackson's death.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:43 pm

Sunday - 06/26/1994
Municipal Auditorium
Charleston, WV

Set I: Kung, Llama > The Lizards > Tela > Wilson > AC/DC Bag > Colonel Forbin's Ascent > Fly Famous Mockingbird > The Sloth > McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters > The Divided Sky

Set II: Julius, Down with Disease, If I Could, Axilla (Part II), Lifeboy, Sample in a Jar, Wolfman's Brother, Scent of a Mule, Dog Faced Boy, Demand -> Split Open and Melt Jam -> Yerushalayim Shel Zahav

Encore: The Old Home Place, Amazing Grace, Tube, Fire

Notes: This show is commonly referred to as “GameHoist.” The first set was the Gamehendge saga, including narration in between songs from Llama through Divided Sky. The second set was the entire Hoist album, save Riker’s Mailbox. This show marked the Phish debut of The Old Home Place, the first complete Gamehendge since March 22, 1993 (106 shows), and the first Tube since April 12, 1993 (119 shows). Divided Sky included Wipe Out teases.

Monday - 06/26/1995
Saratoga Springs, NY

Set I: My Friend, My Friend, Don't You Wanna Go, Bathtub Gin, NICU > The Sloth, My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own, It's Ice, Dog Faced Boy, Tela, Possum

Set II: Down with Disease -> Free, Poor Heart, You Enjoy Myself, Strange Design, Run Like an Antelope

Encore: Sleeping Monkey, Rocky Top

Notes: Possum contained a Heartbreaker tease.

Saturday - 06/26/2004
East Troy, WI

Set I: Access Me > Scents and Subtle Sounds, Stash, The Moma Dance, The Divided Sky, Wilson > Funky Bitch, Character Zero

Set II: Boogie On Reggae Woman -> Ghost > Free, Friday > Piper -> Harry Hood

Encore: Possum

Notes: This show marked the debut of Access Me. During an especially long break before Stash, Trey joked that if they take longer between songs, but play the same amount of songs, the show would last longer.

Saturday - 06/26/2010
Merriweather Post Pavillion
Columbia, MD

Set i: Crowd Control, Kill Devil Falls, AC/DC Bag, Sugar Shack, Tube, In The Aeroplane Over The Sea, Stash, Backwards Down the Number Line, NICU, 46 Days, Suzy Greenberg

Set ii: Rock and Roll, Free, Fast Enough for You, Sparkle, Tweezer, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Wolfman's Brother, Slave to the Traffic Light, Tweezer Reprise

Encore: Show of Life, Good Times Bad Times

Notes: This show featured the Phish debut of In the Aeroplane Over the Sea (Neutral Milk Hotel).

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:58 pm

Sunday - 06/28/1992
Roskilde Festival
Roskilde, Denmark

Set I: Runaway Jim, Foam, Sparkle, Reba, Maze, All Things Reconsidered, Chalk Dust Torture, Bouncing Around the Room, Uncle Pen, David Bowie

Encore: I Didn't Know, Good Times Bad Times

Notes: The Bowie intro contained Simpsons, Aw Fuck!, and Oom Pa Pa signals. This four-day festival featured over 100 bands, including Nirvana, Faith No More, and David Byrne. The date of Phish’s performance has often been erroneously reported as June 27, 1992.

Wednesday - 06/28/1995
Jones Beach Amphitheater
Wantagh, NY

Soundcheck: Sweet Home Alabama, Jam, Ginseng Sullivan, Red River Valley Jam, Dog Log (slow)

Set I: Axilla (Part II) > Foam, Fast Enough for You, Reba, Punch You In the Eye, Stash, Fluffhead, Chalk Dust Torture

Set II: Sample in a Jar, Poor Heart, Tweezer -> Dave's Energy Guide -> Tweezer -> Gumbo, Sparkle, Suzy Greenberg, Harry Hood, Tweezer Reprise

Encore: Sweet Adeline, While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Notes: Reba was unfinished. Tweezer included a Cannonball jam.

Wednesday - 06/28/2000
PNC Bank Arts Center
Holmdel, NJ

Set I: Chalk Dust Torture, The Sloth, Taste, Bathtub Gin, Piper, If I Could

Set II: Down with Disease -> Harry Hood > Gotta Jibboo, When the Circus Comes, Mike's Song, Albuquerque > Weekapaug Groove

Encore: First Tube > Loving Cup

Notes: During a glowstick ‘war’ in Hood, Trey caught a few glowsticks and threw them back into the crowd, eliciting a huge cheer from the crowd. Mike’s Song contained a mid-jam ‘break’, another jam segment, and then another break that led into Albuquerque. If I Could was played for the first time since July 31, 1998 (123 shows).

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:37 pm

Thursday - 06/29/1989
The Front
Burlington, VT

Set I: Possum > The Divided Sky, Foam

Notes: This setlist is obviously incomplete, and the set in which these songs were performed is unknown.

Wednesday - 06/29/1994
Walnut Creek Amphitheater
Raleigh, NC

Soundcheck: Funky Bitch

Set I: The Curtain, Sample in a Jar, Reba, Mound, Julius, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Catapult -> David Bowie, I Didn't Know, Golgi Apparatus

Set II: The Landlady, Poor Heart, Tweezer, It's Ice, Lifeboy, The Divided Sky, Suzy Greenberg, Cavern

Encore: Ya Mar, Tweezer Reprise

Notes: Catapult was sung as the Bowie hi-hat intro started. I Didn’t Know saw Fishman play his bass drum pedal on his knees, and also used Trey's megaphone, instead of taking his usual vacuum or trombone solo. Ya Mar included a Simpsons signal and a brief Dixie tease from Trey.

Thursday - 06/29/1995
Jones Beach Amphitheater
Wantagh, NY

Set I: Runaway Jim, Taste, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, The Divided Sky, Cavern, Rift, Simple, Split Open and Melt, Carolina

Set II: Free -> David Bowie, Strange Design, You Enjoy Myself, Acoustic Army, A Day in the Life

Encore: Theme From the Bottom

Sunday - 06/29/1997
Roskilde Festival
Roskilde, Denmark

Set I: You Enjoy Myself, Taste, Bouncing Around the Room, Beauty of My Dreams, Chalk Dust Torture, Theme From the Bottom, Character Zero

Notes: This single-set performance was part of the 27th annual Roskilde Festival that also included Beck, David Byrne, Charlie Hunter, Ani DiFranco, Leningrad Cowboys & Red Army Choir, Mötley Crue, Pavement, Primus, and Radiohead. The first three songs of the set were broadcast on the festival radio station.

Monday - 06/29/1998
The Grey Hall
Freetown Christiana
Copenhagen, Denmark

Set I: Roggae, The Moma Dance

Notes: This was the soundcheck for The Grey Hall shows and it is likely incomplete. Roggae may have been played several times and was jammed on.

Thursday - 06/29/2000
PNC Bank Arts Center
Holmdel, NJ

Set I: Funky Bitch > Wilson, Limb By Limb, Drowned -> Rock and Roll

Set II: Birds of a Feather -> Catapult > Heavy Things, Sand, Meatstick > Cities -> Walk Away > Run Like an Antelope > Frankenstein, Wading in the Velvet Sea

Encore: Character Zero

Notes: Birds contained a tease of A Love Supreme and was unfinished. Catapult was sung over an atypical jam that bridged Birds and Heavy Things. This gig featured an eventful Meatstick: Sofi Dillof made a guest appearance for the Meatstick dance. Several fans ran on stage and were chased off by Pete Carini and then by Bart Butler, both of whom Trey thanked. Trey improvised a verse noting: “There’s no song about Paul Languedoc, and there’s no song about Kuroda; there’s only one about Carini, and his lumpy head!” Trey then jokingly talked about the Meatstick Dance being a fad in Japan; the band subsequently sung a verse in Japanese. The lyrics to Cities were altered to reference Tokyo, the Meatstick Dance, and sushi. Antelope included Meatstick teases in the intro. At the end of the second set, Trey thanked the crew (particularly Carini, for being a good sport). Trey mentioned how much of a “home show” it is for the band to play in Holmdel, and led one final Meatstick tease.

Tuesday - 06/29/2010
CMAC Performing Arts Center
Canandaigua, NY

Set I: The Connection, Down with Disease, Sample in a Jar, Ocelot, Reba, Horn, Funky Bitch, Undermind, The Ballad of Curtis Loew, David Bowie

Set II: Possum, Mike's Song > Simple > I Am The Walrus > Weekapaug Groove, Limb By Limb, Joy, Harry Hood, Golgi Apparatus

Notes: This show featured the Phish debut of I Am The Walrus.
Last edited by Mr. Hiatus on Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:03 pm

Friday - 06/30/1989
Pearl Street Ballroom
Northampton, MA

Set I: Funky Bitch, You Enjoy Myself, McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters, Possum, Donna Lee, Fluffhead, Run Like an Antelope

Set II: Walk Away, AC/DC Bag, The Curtain, Slave to the Traffic Light, Bathtub Gin, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove

Notes: Donna Lee was “the sing-along version.”

Tuesday - 06/30/1992
Elysee Montmartre
Paris, France

Set I: Golgi Apparatus, The Divided Sky, Guelah Papyrus, Possum, Sweet Adeline, You Enjoy Myself

Thursday - 06/30/1994
Classic Amphitheater
Richmond, VA

Soundcheck: Dog Log -> Jam

Set I: Down with Disease, Gumbo, Rift, Guelah Papyrus, Split Open and Melt, Glide, Scent of a Mule, Bouncing Around the Room, Frankenstein

Set II: Wilson -> Maze, You Enjoy Myself -> Yerushalayim Shel Zahav -> You Enjoy Myself, Sparkle, Axilla (Part II), Harpua -> Kung -> Harpua -> Honky Tonk Women -> Harpua, Run Like an Antelope, Hold Your Head Up > Love You > Hold Your Head Up, Chalk Dust Torture

Encore: Sleeping Monkey > Poor Heart

Notes: Sean Hoppe, an audience member, was invited on stage during Harpua to sing Honky Tonk Women as Jimmy. The Antelope intro and HYHU subsequently included Harpua teases. Split Open and Melt included a vocal jam. Love You contained band intros and an unusually long vacuum solo. Both the YEM vocal jam and Sparkle had “Redrum” screeches from Trey, referencing the movie The Shining. Trey also used his megaphone during YEM.

Friday - 06/30/1995
Great Woods Center for the Performing Arts
Mansfield, MA

Soundcheck: Dog Log

Set I: AC/DC Bag > Scent of a Mule, Horn, Taste, The Wedge, The Lizards, Mound, Fee -> Run Like an Antelope

Set II: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Possum > Ha Ha Ha > The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday > Avenu Malkenu > Mike's Song > Contact > Weekapaug Groove, Amazing Grace, The Squirming Coil

Encore: Hold Your Head Up > Cracklin' Rosie > Hold Your Head Up, Golgi Apparatus

Notes: This show featured a visually spectacular Mule, which featured Trey playing guitar with his teeth and Page playing keyboards with his face and feet. During Antelope, Trey substituted “Suck the deer shit from the side of this hole” for the “high gear of your soul” lyric. Fishman introduced Rosie as being about “a lonely man singing to his inflatable love doll.” Parts of this show were used in Mike Gordon’s 1997 short film Goodwood.

Tuesday - 06/30/1998
The Grey Hall
Freetown Christiana
Copenhagen, Denmark

Soundcheck: The Moma Dance, Frankie Says, Ha Ha Ha, Birds of a Feather, Water in the Sky

Set I: Limb By Limb, Ghost, Water in the Sky, Bouncing Around the Room, Tube, Stash -> Cities, Roggae, Guyute, Beauty of My Dreams, Funky Bitch, Train Song, David Bowie

Set II: The Moma Dance, Birds of a Feather, Wolfman's Brother -> Frankie Says > Run Like an Antelope, Lawn Boy, Ya Mar, Ha Ha Ha, Mike's Song -> Swept Away > Steep > Weekapaug Groove

Encore: Brian and Robert

Notes: This show marked the debuts of Roggae, The Moma Dance, Brian and Robert, and the "new" faster arrangement of Water in the Sky. Tube contained a Sand tease. The Moma Dance included the band teaching the audience the simplistic "dance" that accompanies the song.

Wednesday - 06/30/1999
Sandstone Amphitheatre
Bonner Springs, KS

Soundcheck: Twist, Funky Bitch, Mountains in the Mist (x2), Beauty of My Dreams, Glide Tease, Limb By Limb (outro), Back at the Chicken Shack, Dogs Stole Things, The Wedge

Set I: Bathtub Gin, Farmhouse, Tube, Horn, Back on the Train, Maze, Limb By Limb, Golgi Apparatus

Set II: The Squirming Coil > Free, Birds of a Feather > Simple > Swept Away > Steep > Piper, Bug -> My Left Toe, Stash

Encore: Bouncing Around the Room, Sample in a Jar

Notes: This gig featured the Phish debuts of Back on the Train and Bug as well as the debut of My Left Toe. Maze ended with several reprises of the song’s signature lick in a mock duel fashion between Trey and Page. A revised stage setup debuted at this show with Page, Mike and Trey aligned from front left to right and Fishman to rear center.

Friday - 06/30/2000
Meadows Music Theatre
Hartford, CT

Set I: Ha Ha Ha, AC/DC Bag > Tweezer > Runaway Jim, Sneakin' Sally through the Alley > Ginseng Sullivan > Guyute, Golgi Apparatus > Tweezer Reprise > Possum

Set II: Halley's Comet > The Mango Song > Twist, The Inlaw Josie Wales, Back on the Train > Makisupa Policeman, Farmhouse, Sleeping Monkey > David Bowie

Encore: Cavern

Notes: The ending of AC/DC Bag was unusual, as Trey repeated the closing guitar tweaks before breaking into the Tweezer riff. The key phrase in Makisupa was a play on the blues classic One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer, with "Big Fat Doob" replacing "Beer." Cavern included Tweezer teases and a Moby Dick tease after Trey introduced Fishman under that name. Halley’s included a tease of Things That Make You Go Hmmm from Mike and Runaway Jim included Nellie Kane teases.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:05 pm

Saturday - 07/01/1989
Les Foufounes Électriques
Montréal, Québec, Canada

Set I: Split Open and Melt, Donna Lee, You Enjoy Myself > The Divided Sky, The Lizards, David Bowie, Bike, The Sloth, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, I Didn't Know

Encore: Immigrant Song > Fluffhead

Notes: This show was part of the Montréal International Jazz Festival. Before SOAM, Trey introduced the band as “Phish, from Burlington, Ontario.” For Donna Lee, Trey noted that the band had to play at least one straight-ahead jazz tune at the Jazz Festival. Between Divided Sky and Lizards, Trey again referenced “Burlington, Ontario,” noting that it is out near Gamehendge, and asked if there were any “Gamehendgians” out in the audience. Fishman wasn’t able to get any suction out of the vacuum during Bike; he subsequently used the trombone during I Didn’t Know. The first known Phish performance of Immigrant Song was sung a cappella.

Wednesday - 07/01/1992
Ancienne Belgique
Brussels, Belgium

Set I: The Curtain, Cavern, Rift, Horn, Split Open and Melt, Sweet Adeline, Rocky Top

Friday - 07/01/1994
Philadelphia, PA

Soundcheck: Dog Log, Funky Bitch, Jam, The Old Home Place

Set I: Runaway Jim, Foam, Sample in a Jar, NICU > Stash, The Mango Song, It's Ice > Tela, Julius, Suzy Greenberg

Set II: David Bowie, If I Could, Fluffhead, Down with Disease > The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday > Avenu Malkenu > The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday Reprise, Possum, Hold Your Head Up > Terrapin > Hold Your Head Up, Harry Hood, Cavern

Notes: Possum included teases of Voodoo Child (Slight Return).

Saturday - 07/01/1995
Mansfield, MA

Set I: Ya Mar, Llama, If I Could, All Things Reconsidered, It's Ice, Prince Caspian, Split Open and Melt, Bouncing Around the Room, Chalk Dust Torture

Set II: Wilson, Maze, Theme From the Bottom, Uncle Pen, Stash, Strange Design, Acoustic Army, Harry Hood, Suzy Greenberg

Encore: Funky Bitch

Notes: If I Could included the variation with a preceding Trey guitar solo. The jam in It’s Ice featured Fishman on vacuum and Mike on an electric drill. Suzy included Smoke on the Water and Sunshine of Your Love teases. Funky Bitch was dedicated to the tour-heads as an always requested but never played song. Portions of this show were used in Mike Gordon’s 1997 short film Goodwood; the entire gig was simulcast live on Boston’s WBCN 104.1 FM.

Tuesday - 07/01/1997
Paradiso
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Set I: Ghost, Horn, Ya Mar, Limb By Limb > Ain't Love Funny, Saw It Again, Dirt, Reba, Dogs Stole Things

Set II: Jam -> Timber (Jerry), Bathtub Gin -> Cities -> Jam, Loving Cup > Slave to the Traffic Light

Encore: When the Circus Comes

Notes: Ghost began the first of two nights of the infamous "Worm" banter, with Fishman saying "I think you know where you are" and Trey responding with "You're on the back of the worm!" The "Worm" was also mentioned in Ya Mar, Saw It Again, and the jam out of Cities, which also included When the Saints Go Marching In and Santa Claus is Coming to Town teases by Trey. Dirt was introduced as "Green Grass High Tides Forever." The second set began with a Fishman piano solo that evolved into a jam, as the rest of the band eventually joined the stage and Fishman moved to his drum kit.

Wednesday - 07/01/1998
The Grey Hall
Freetown Christiana
Copenhagen, Denmark

Set I: NICU, Sample in a Jar, My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own, The Moma Dance, Down with Disease > Dog Faced Boy > Piper, Waste, Chalk Dust Torture

Set II: Tweezer > Also Sprach Zarathustra > Loving Cup, My Soul, Sweet Adeline

Encore: Harry Hood

Notes: Tweezer included Long Train Running teases.

Thursday - 07/01/1999
First American Music Center
Antioch, TN

Soundcheck: Saw It Again, Water in the Sky, Brian and Robert, Mountains in the Mist

Set I: Punch You In the Eye, Billy Breathes, Guyute, Wolfman's Brother, Beauty of My Dreams, Doin' My Time, Roggae, Water in the Sky, Back on the Train, Poor Heart

Set II: Down with Disease > Prince Caspian > You Enjoy Myself

Notes: Wolfman’s featured Jerry Douglas on dobro; Beauty of My Dreams through Back on the Train featured Jerry Douglas on dobro, Ronnie McCoury on mandolin and Tim O’Brien on fiddle. Gary Gazaway, on trumpet, joined the other three guests during Poor Heart. Doin’ My Time also featured O’Brien on lead vocals. The song was last performed when O’Brien joined the band onstage at Red Rocks on August 7, 1996 (191 shows). The second set may have been cut short by a huge thunderstorm that worsened during YEM.

Saturday - 07/01/2000
Meadows Music Theatre
Hartford, CT

Set I: Buried Alive, Wolfman's Brother, Axilla > Poor Heart, Sample in a Jar, Tube, Beauty of My Dreams, Roggae, Vultures, Dirt, Split Open and Melt

Set II: Gotta Jibboo, Bug, First Tube, Mike's Song -> Swept Away > Steep -> I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove -> Nellie Kane, Ghost

Encore: While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Notes: Jibboo included additional lyrics that referenced Chris Kuroda and Brad Sands. Weekapaug was unfinished.

Thursday - 07/01/2010
Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion at Walnut Creek
Raleigh, NC

Set I: Llama, Roses Are Free, Kill Devil Falls, Time Loves a Hero, Alaska, Water in the Sky, Runaway Jim, The Moma Dance, The Divided Sky, Cavern

Set II: Backwards Down the Number Line, Halley's Comet > Light, Fluffhead > Have Mercy, Light Up Or Leave Me Alone > Free, Wading in the Velvet Sea, The Squirming Coil, Suzy Greenberg

Encore: Boogie On Reggae Woman

Notes: This show featured the first Time Loves a Hero since December 31, 2002 (127 shows), the first Have Mercy since December 10, 1999 (189 shows), and the first Light Up Or Leave Me Alone since December 30, 1999 (181 shows), which was subsequently teased in Suzy.
Last edited by Mr. Hiatus on Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:06 pm

Saturday - 07/02/1994
Garden State Arts Center
Holmdel, NJ

Set I: Golgi Apparatus, The Divided Sky, Guelah Papyrus, Fast Enough for You, Scent of a Mule, Tweezer -> Lifeboy, Sparkle, Tweezer Reprise

Set II: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Mike's Song -> Simple -> Mike's Song -> Yerushalayim Shel Zahav > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters, Maze, Sample in a Jar, Slave to the Traffic Light, Highway to Hell

Encore: Rift

Notes: Weekapaug included teases of Antelope (including lyrics) and 2001.

Sunday - 07/02/1995
Summer Stage at Sugarbush
North Fayston, VT

Set I: Sample in a Jar > The Divided Sky, Gumbo, The Curtain > Julius, Camel Walk, Reba, I Didn't Know, Rift, While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Set II: Runaway Jim -> Makisupa Policeman -> Scent of a Mule, Tweezer -> Ha Ha Ha > Sleeping Monkey, Acoustic Army, Slave to the Traffic Light

Encore: Halley's Comet > Tweezer Reprise

Notes: This was a benefit show for the King Street Youth Center. The band brought back Camel Walk, which hadn’t been played since February 24, 1989 (757 shows). Reba was unfinished, and Trey announced during Makisupa that this was "4:20.... Day".

Tuesday - 07/02/1996
Pista Speedway
Lonigo, Italy

Notes: Phish's set on this date was rained out. Trey did, however, jam with Santana during their set that evening.

Wednesday - 07/02/1997
Paradiso
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Set I: Mike's Song -> Simple -> Maze, Strange Design, Ginseng Sullivan, Vultures, Water in the Sky, Weekapaug Groove

Set II: Stash -> Llama -> Wormtown Jam -> Wading in the Velvet Sea

Encore: Free

Encore II: David Bowie

Notes: The Wormtown Jam continued the stage banter of the night before. Portions of the narration were sung to the tune of Steve Miller’s Swingtown, as Trey warned the fans in attendance about the “killer worms” that inhabit the canals of Amsterdam.

Thursday - 07/02/1998
The Grey Hall
Freetown Christiana
Copenhagen, Denmark

Set I: Birds of a Feather, Cars Trucks Buses, Theme From the Bottom, Brian and Robert, Meat, Fikus, Shafty, Fluffhead, Ginseng Sullivan, Punch You In the Eye > Character Zero

Set II: Ghost > Runaway Jim -> Prince Caspian, You Enjoy Myself

Encore: Simple

Notes: This show marked the debuts of Meat and Fikus. Fans of stage banter will want to hear this show, as Trey was in a particularly chatty mood.

Friday - 07/02/2010
Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
Charlotte, NC

Set I: Buried Alive > AC/DC Bag > Vultures, Wolfman's Brother, Back on the Train, The Wedge, Mexican Cousin, Stash, Sparkle > Chalk Dust Torture

Set II: Drowned > 46 Days > Twenty Years Later > The Lizards, Carini > Fuck Your Face > Also Sprach Zarathustra > You Enjoy Myself -> Proud Mary -> Get Back

Notes: This show featured the first Fuck Your Face since April 29, 1987 (1,413 shows) and the first Proud Mary since March 1, 2003 (113 shows). AC/DC Bag contained Buried Alive teases from Trey and YEM contained Fuck Your Face and Moving in Stereo (The Cars) teases. Proud Mary and Get Back were performed a cappella during the YEM vocal jam and were interspersed with Dong Work for Yuda (Frank Zappa) and Slow Ride quotes. Get Back was a Phish debut.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:00 pm

Wednesday - 07/06/1994
Theatre St. Denis
Montréal, Québec, Canada

Set I: Llama, Fluffhead > Julius, Bouncing Around the Room, Reba, Axilla (Part II), My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own, Carolina, David Bowie

Set II: The Landlady > Poor Heart > Tweezer > Lawn Boy, Chalk Dust Torture -> Big Black Furry Creature from Mars > Sample in a Jar > Big Black Furry Creature from Mars, Harry Hood, Tweezer Reprise

Encore: The Old Home Place, Nellie Kane, Memories, Funky Bitch

Notes: Llama and Bowie included teases of the Munsters theme song and there was a brief Free Ride tease at the start of the show. Carolina was sung for Mary Buckner. There was a Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy tease prior to Landlady. Tweezer included HYHU, Donna Lee, 2001, and Who Knows teases. Chalk Dust contained Lawn Boy teases from Trey and Page. The Old Home Place and Nellie Kane were performed acoustic and, along with Memories, without microphones.

Saturday - 07/06/1996
Piazza del Duomo
Pistoia, Italy

Set I: Also Sprach Zarathustra, Reba, Poor Heart, A Day in the Life, Maze, Harry Hood

Notes: This show was a one-set opener for Santana.

Sunday - 07/06/1997
Spiaggia di Rivoltella
Desenzano, Italy

Soundcheck: Samson Variation -> Olivia’s Pool, Beauty of My Dreams, Hell’s Bells, You Shook Me All Night Long, Mmm-Bop, Another One Bites the Dust, And It Stoned Me, Only Shallow, The Banana Boat Song (aka Day-O)

Set I: Runaway Jim, The Old Home Place, Dogs Stole Things, Stash, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Cars Trucks Buses, Scent of a Mule, Chalk Dust Torture

Set II: Free, You Enjoy Myself, Waste, Rocky Top, Funky Bitch

Notes: This was an outdoor show; the afternoon soundcheck was free and open to the public. Trey began playing Hell’s Bells to the accompaniment of church bells ringing nearby. During Mmm-Bop, Trey noted: “Fish will now do his version of James Brown singing Hanson’s Mmm-Bop.” Fishman responded in part that “I’m an 11-year-old sex machine” and that it was “too hot in the hot tub!” Another One Bites the Dust through Day-O featured the infamous Soundcheck Limbo Karaoke Contest, where fans were invited on stage to sing, while mic stands were used for the limbo contest.

Monday - 07/06/1998
Lucerna Theatre
Prague, Czech Republic

Set I: Buried Alive > AC/DC Bag, Ghost > Cities, Limb By Limb, Train Song, Roggae, Maze, Golgi Apparatus

Set II: Julius > Meat > Piper -> Makisupa Policeman, David Bowie, Loving Cup

Encore: Possum

Notes: The Maze jam was halted while Trey humorously thanked the crowd. The last line in Makisupa changed to "came to Vermont." Trey called Page "Petroff" before he took a piano solo. Trey let Fishman take a drum solo, but told the crowd to whistle if he (Fish) went on too long. Trey added that they had a "band rule" that they all begin whistling if Fishman, who likes to ramble when he talks, ever talks for longer than two minutes. Fish took a boring "drum solo," which drew whistles from the crowd. Possum contained a Stash tease from Trey.

Thursday - 07/06/2000
Molson Amphitheatre
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Soundcheck: Dog Log, I Wish I Was In Guelph, Jam

Set I: Reba, Dogs Stole Things, Taste, Dog Faced Boy, Heavy Things > The Moma Dance, First Tube, I Didn't Know, The Inlaw Josie Wales, Prince Caspian > Golgi Apparatus, You Enjoy Myself

Set II: Limb By Limb > Also Sprach Zarathustra > Bug > Piper > Driver, Harry Hood > Loving Cup

Encore: The Squirming Coil

Notes: For his vacuum solo in I Didn’t Know, Trey introduced Fishman as “Mr. Ralph Blowenstein.” Limb By Limb was unfinished. Trey made several comments during the show regarding his affinity for the venue. Hood included a small vocal jam during the intro.

Sunday - 07/06/2003
Cricket Pavilion
Phoenix, AZ

Set I: Scents and Subtle Sounds, I Am Hydrogen, Sanity

Notes: This was a tech rehearsal for the summer tour. Video snippets of Scents and Subtle Sounds, I Am Hydrogen, and Sanity were posted on phish.com. This setlist is incomplete.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:31 pm

Thursday - 07/07/1988
The Front
Burlington, VT

No known setlist.

Sunday - 07/07/1996
Parco Aquatica
Milan, Italy

Set I: Sample in a Jar, The Divided Sky, Bouncing Around the Room, The Curtain > Tweezer, Sweet Adeline, Uncle Pen, Cavern, Run Like an Antelope -> Suzy Greenberg

Wednesday - 07/07/1999
Blockbuster Pavilion
Charlotte, NC

Soundcheck: Loving Cup, Funky Bitch (slow), Back at the Chicken Shack, Water in the Sky, Sleep (electric), Back at the Chicken Shack (Trey Solo)

Set I: Back on the Train, What's the Use?, Billy Breathes, My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own, Sneakin' Sally through the Alley, Axilla > Rift, Wolfman's Brother > Maze, Loving Cup

Set II: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Down with Disease > My Left Toe -> Wading in the Velvet Sea -> My Left Toe > Bug > You Enjoy Myself

Encore: Possum > Funky Bitch

Notes: The encore featured Derek Trucks on slide guitar.

Friday - 07/07/2000
Star Lake Amphitheatre
Burgettstown, PA

Set I: Chalk Dust Torture, Gumbo, The Divided Sky, Boogie On Reggae Woman > Funky Bitch, Maze -> Shafty -> Maze, Back on the Train, The Curtain > Character Zero

Set II: Ghost -> Gotta Jibboo, Split Open and Melt, Roggae, Mike's Song > Simple > Weekapaug Groove

Encore: Frankenstein

Notes: Shafty was played for the first time since July 2, 1998 (148 shows).

Monday - 07/07/2003
Cricket Pavilion
Phoenix, AZ

Soundcheck: Billy Breathes, Scents and Subtle Sounds, Spread it ‘Round, Spices (x2), Discern, Funky Bitch (first verse only)

Set I: Stash, Sample in a Jar, Billy Breathes, Waves, Spices, Anything But Me, David Bowie, Dirt, Possum

Set II: Birds of a Feather, Wolfman's Brother -> Scents and Subtle Sounds, The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday > Avenu Malkenu > Walls of the Cave, Prince Caspian

Notes: This show featured the Phish debut of Spices and the debut Scents and Subtle Sounds.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:08 pm

Friday - 07/08/1988
The Front
Burlington, VT

No known setlist.

Sunday - 07/08/1990
23 East Caberet
Ardmore, PA

No known setlist.

Friday - 07/08/1994
Mansfield, MA

Set I: Llama -> NO2 > The Lizards > Tela > Wilson > AC/DC Bag > Colonel Forbin's Ascent > Fly Famous Mockingbird > The Sloth > McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters > The Divided Sky

Set II: Rift > Sample in a Jar, Reba, Yerushalayim Shel Zahav > It's Ice, Stash, You Enjoy Myself -> Frankenstein -> You Enjoy Myself, Julius, Golgi Apparatus

Encore: Nellie Kane > Cavern

Notes: The first set included the complete Gamehendge saga, including narration between songs from N02 through Divided Sky. NO2 featured Fishman on vacuum. Reba contained Manteca teases and did not have the whistling ending. This version of Stash appears on A Live One. Mike teased Frankenstein during the bass and drums segment of YEM.

Wednesday - 07/08/1998
Zeleste
Barcelona, Spain

Soundcheck: Meat

Set I: The Moma Dance, Bathtub Gin, Punch You In the Eye, Beauty of My Dreams, Frankenstein, Guyute, Run Like an Antelope

Set II: Wilson, Birds of a Feather, Dirt, Piper, Sleeping Monkey, Ghost -> Johnny B. Goode

Encore: Julius

Notes: Frankenstein was preceded by a Fee tease. After the Frankenstein, Trey said the band had been waiting and waiting to play some Edgar Winter in Spain and that this was their chance, adding that they planed on playing a lot more Edgar Winter as the night went on. The band subsequently teased Edgar Winter's Free Ride. Sleeping Monkey included “Ole!” chants from Trey and a stage appearance by “Betty” (whom Trey had apparently met in a bar the night before) from Chile. Sleeping Monkey was her favorite song, so Trey dedicated it to her and she danced while the band played. This three-show run in Barcelona was originally scheduled for Bikini Club in Barcelona, but was moved to Zeleste when ticket demand greatly exceeded supply for the original venue.

Thursday - 07/08/1999
Virginia Beach Amphitheater
Virginia Beach, VA

Soundcheck: Bug, You Enjoy Myself (partial), Magilla, Driver, Sleep, Dirt, Back at the Chicken Shack

Set I: Julius, Fee -> Jam, Guyute, Dirt, Nellie Kane, Stash, Cavern

Set II: Birds of a Feather > If I Only Had a Brain, Prince Caspian > Jesus Just Left Chicago, Saw It Again, Sleep, Meatstick, Tube > Simple

Encore: Terrapin > Hold Your Head Up, Character Zero

Notes: Birds included a Days Between jam from Page and Mike. If I Only Had a Brain (first since November 16, 1995, or 246 shows) featured strange lyrics from Mike and Trey, including an Uno reference. During Meatstick, Trey and Mike put down their instruments, came to the front of the stage and taught the crowd The Meatstick Dance. Simple ended akin to Coil, with each member of the band leaving the stage until only Page was left. At the beginning of the encore, Fishman came out holding the Electrolux vacuum and the band launched into Terrapin (first since July 11, 1996, or 211 shows).

Saturday - 07/08/2000
East Troy, WI

Set I: Punch You In the Eye > NICU, My Soul, Poor Heart, Wolfman's Brother, First Tube, Llama, Guyute, Run Like an Antelope

Set II: Heavy Things, Piper -> Rock and Roll, Tweezer -> Walk Away, Twist, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Possum

Encore: Suzy Greenberg > Tweezer Reprise

Notes: Antelope included a Jibboo tease. The band skipped the second verse of Suzy. This show was officially released as Live Phish 05.

Tuesday - 07/08/2003
Coors Amphitheatre
Chula Vista, CA

Set I: Guyute, Horn, My Sweet One > Tweezer, Limb By Limb, Fast Enough for You, Frankie Says, Taste

Set II: Down with Disease, Vultures, Secret Smile, Harry Hood, Carini, Discern, Waste

Encore: Bouncing Around the Room, Tweezer Reprise

Notes: This show featured the Phish debuts of Secret Smile and Discern. Hood included a Magilla tease from Page.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:20 pm

Thursday - 07/09/1992
Cumberland County Civic Center
Portland, ME

Set I: Glide, The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > Suzy Greenberg > The Landlady, Sparkle, Stash, The Squirming Coil, Runaway Jim, Guelah Papyrus, David Bowie > Vacuum Solo > David Bowie, Glide

Notes: This show was part of the H.O.R.D.E. tour that also featured Aquarium Rescue Unit, Blues Traveler, The Spin Doctors and Widespread Panic. The Glide opener included a Simpsons signal and the intro to Bowie included an All Fall Down signal. Interestingly, the show both opened and closed with Glide.

Saturday - 07/09/1994
Mansfield, MA

Set I: Runaway Jim, Foam, Gumbo > Maze, Guelah Papyrus, Scent of a Mule, Down with Disease > The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Run Like an Antelope

Set II: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Split Open and Melt, Fluffhead, Poor Heart, Tweezer -> Lifeboy > Sparkle > Big Ball Jam, Harry Hood, Suzy Greenberg

Encore: Sleeping Monkey > Tweezer Reprise

Notes: Antelope contained Call to the Post teases from Trey and Page.

Tuesday - 07/09/1996
Centre International
Deauville, France

Set I: Theme From the Bottom, Poor Heart, Taste, Cars Trucks Buses, Mike's Song, Bouncing Around the Room, Character Zero

Wednesday - 07/09/1997
Le Transbordeur
Lyon/Villeurbanne, France

Soundcheck: Funky Bitch, Jam

Set I: Punch You In the Eye > Prince Caspian, Ginseng Sullivan, Split Open and Melt, Dirt, Taste, Sweet Adeline, Harry Hood

Set II: Down with Disease > My Soul > Cars Trucks Buses, You Enjoy Myself -> Ghost > Poor Heart

Encore: Hello My Baby

Notes: YEM through Poor Heart featured Béla Fleck and The Flecktones (Béla Fleck, Jeff Coffin, Roy “Futureman” Wooten, and Victor Wooten), who were announced during the bass and drums segment of YEM and bounced along during the tramps jam. YEM contained Disease teases, as well as Victor Wooten and Mike playing Mike’s bass simultaneously. Poor Heart included a Sanford and Son theme tease from Coffin. Pierre, a local Häagen-Dazs employee who the band met the day before, was repeatedly called-out by the band and was brought up on stage and serenaded during the encore.

Thursday - 07/09/1998
Zeleste
Barcelona, Spain

Set I: Carini, Boogie On Reggae Woman > NICU, Split Open and Melt, Meat, Poor Heart, Tweezer, Hello My Baby

Set II: Drowned -> Theme From the Bottom, When the Circus Comes > Scent of a Mule -> Blister in the Sun -> Scent of a Mule, Harry Hood -> Izabella

Encore: Chalk Dust Torture

Notes: In the middle of Carini, Trey dedicated the song to Pete Carini and told a story about Carini trying to tackle somebody who ran up on stage during the previous show. Hello My Baby was performed without amplification. Hood was unfinished. Prior to the encore and before the final note of Chalk Dust, the crowd chanted "¡Olé Olé Olé!," leading to a tease by the band before leaving the stage.

Friday - 07/09/1999
Merriweather Post Pavillion
Columbia, MD

Soundcheck: Bug, What's the Use?, Sleep, Back at the Chicken Shack, Vocal Check, Funky Bitch

Set I: Limb By Limb, Farmhouse, Back on the Train, The Divided Sky, Train Song, Llama, Driver, Runaway Jim

Set II: Punch You In the Eye > Free > What's the Use? > Meatstick, Mike's Song -> Sweet Emotion Jam -> Twist > Weekapaug Groove

Encore: Harry Hood

Notes: Sofi Dillof made a guest appearance during the Meatstick dance. Twist included Spooky teases and Weekapaug included Macarena teases and quotes. The Hood encore closed with a Meatstick tease.

Wednesday - 07/09/2003
Shoreline Amphitheatre
Mountain View, CA

Set I: You Enjoy Myself -> Simple > Mountains in the Mist, Chalk Dust Torture, Bathtub Gin

Set II: Boogie On Reggae Woman > AC/DC Bag, Piper, Twist -> Scents and Subtle Sounds, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove

Notes: You Enjoy Myself and Twist were unfinished. Chalk Dust concluded with a rave-up akin to the ending of The Mango Song.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:31 pm

Friday - 07/10/1992
Empire Court
Syracuse, NY

Set I: Bouncing Around the Room, Llama, Reba, Sparkle, Maze, Golgi Apparatus, The Lizards, Cavern > Vacuum Solo > Cavern, Run Like an Antelope

Encore: My Sweet One

Notes: This show was part of the H.O.R.D.E. tour that also featured Aquarium Rescue Unit, Blues Traveler, The Spin Doctors and Widespread Panic. Antelope contained Simpsons, Aw Fuck!, and All Fall Down signals.

Sunday - 07/10/1994
Saratoga Springs, NY

Set I: Chalk Dust Torture, Horn > Peaches en Regalia > Rift, Stash, If I Could, My Friend, My Friend > Julius, Cavern

Set II: Sample in a Jar, David Bowie, Glide, Ya Mar, Mike's Song -> Low Rider -> Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Bouncing Around the Room, The Squirming Coil, Crimes of the Mind

Encore: Golgi Apparatus, Rocky Top

Notes: My Friend included a Purple Haze tease and Julius contained a Buried Alive tease from Trey. Crimes of the Mind featured the Dude of Life on vocals.

Wednesday - 07/10/1996
Le Zenith
Paris, France

Set I: Chalk Dust Torture, Ya Mar, Split Open and Melt, Waste, David Bowie, Hello My Baby, Good Times Bad Times

Thursday - 07/10/1997
Espace Julien
Marseilles, France

Set I: Dogs Stole Things, Limb By Limb, Ginseng Sullivan, Bathtub Gin > Llama -> Wading in the Velvet Sea, Jam, Olivia's Pool

Set II: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Julius -> Magilla, Ya Mar -> Ghost -> Take Me to the River -> Jam

Encore: Funky Bitch

Notes: Llama was unfinished and featured a long, atypical jam that wove into Velvet Sea. The jam after Velvet Sea concluded with a theme akin to Lizards. Prior to the start of the second set, Trey said that in France they love Jimi Hendrix and Danny Bonnaduce, explaining "that's why I'm here," and that he started his career as the Partridge Family's bass player. Trey subsequently teased Point Me in the Direction of Albuquerque, remarked that the crowd was too young for that and that they didn't see the Partridge Family, but that the crowd knew it when they played Hanson the other night (see 7/6/97). Prior to 2001, Trey said they called Fishman "The Orchestral Greasy Troll," prompting some impromptu singing. Ya Mar contained Magilla and St. Thomas teases and lyrics referencing "vampire children." Take Me to the River (first since November 21, 1995, or 126 shows) was unfinished. Funky Bitch featured a guest appearance by members of the Son Seals Band and teases of Take Me to the River and Bathtub Gin by the trumpet player.

Friday - 07/10/1998
Zeleste
Barcelona, Spain

Set I: Down with Disease, Dogs Stole Things, The Divided Sky, Mike's Song

Set II: Halley's Comet > Roggae, Sparkle, Mike's Song > Simple > Weekapaug Groove, Sample in a Jar, Good Times Bad Times

Encore: Brian and Robert, Taste

Notes: Mike’s Song was aborted due to sound problems. The first set then ended early so that the crew could fix the P.A.. More problems arose during Sparkle, which was subsequently aborted. Trey asked the crew to turn the monitors around so the band could play through them. While they worked, the band told jokes. Trey even asked Fish to tell the Prison Joke but the sound was fixed before it actually happened. The jam out of Halley’s included a First Tube tease. Weekapaug included On Broadway teases.

Saturday - 07/10/1999
E Centre
Camden, NJ

Soundcheck: Foam, Funky Bitch, Back at the Chicken Shack, Jam, Blue Bayou

Set I: Wilson, Chalk Dust Torture -> Roggae, Water in the Sky, Back at the Chicken Shack, Sparkle, Bathtub Gin, Golgi Apparatus

Set II: Tweezer > Mountains in the Mist, Birds of a Feather > When the Circus Comes, Fluffhead

Encore: While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Tweezer Reprise

Notes: Chalk Dust was unfinished. Gin included an I’m a Man jam and Tweezer included a What’s the Use tease. Trey played the show wearing a Mia Hamm soccer jersey (United States, #9). This was likely in honor of the U.S. Women’s Soccer team beating China to win the World Cup earlier in the day. This show was officially released as Live Phish 08.

Monday - 07/10/2000
Deer Creek Music Center
Noblesville, IN

Soundcheck: Ginseng Sullivan, My Soul, You Better Believe It Baby

Set I: Cars Trucks Buses > Wilson > It's Ice > Bathtub Gin, Buffalo Bill, My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own, Split Open and Melt, Sparkle > Funky Bitch, David Bowie

Set II: Gotta Jibboo > Sand, Twist, Fee -> What's the Use?, Limb By Limb > Loving Cup

Encore: Run Like an Antelope

Thursday - 07/10/2003
Shoreline Amphitheatre
Mountain View, CA

Set I: Spices -> Waves, Reba, Lawn Boy, The Moma Dance > Run Like an Antelope

Set II: 46 Days, The Divided Sky, Friday > Free, Seven Below, Wading in the Velvet Sea, Also Sprach Zarathustra > Down with Disease

Encore: Rift, Character Zero

Notes: Free began differently than usual, as the band omitted the usual guitar-driven intro.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:52 pm

Tuesday - 07/12/1988
Sam's Tavern
Burlington, VT

Set I: Cities, The Lizards, Sneakin' Sally through the Alley, Good Times Bad Times, Happy Birthday to You, Peaches en Regalia, You Enjoy Myself, I Didn't Know

Set II: Blue Bossa, Take the 'A' Train -> Timber (Jerry), Fluffhead > Jesus Just Left Chicago, Makisupa Policeman, Slave to the Traffic Light, AC/DC Bag > Roll Like a Cantaloupe

Notes: I Didn't Know featured Fishman on trombone.

Friday - 07/12/1991
The Colonial Theatre
Keene, NH

Set I: Dinner and a Movie > Bouncing Around the Room > Buried Alive > Flat Fee, Reba, The Landlady, Bathtub Gin, Donna Lee, AC/DC Bag > Rocky Top, Cavern, David Bowie

Set II: Golgi Apparatus, The Squirming Coil, Moose the Mooche, Tweezer > My Sweet One, Gumbo > Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Hold Your Head Up > Touch Me > Hold Your Head Up > The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > Suzy Greenberg

Encore: Sweet Adeline, Frankenstein, Fee > Tweezer Reprise

Notes: This show, officially released as Live Phish 19, featured The Giant Country Horns for all songs except Reba, Rocky Top, Golgi, My Sweet One, Hydrogen, both HYHUs, Oh Kee Pa, Adeline, and Fee. It also marked the first Phish performance of Moose the Mooche. Trey teased the Woody Woodpecker theme before Golgi. Prior to Touch Me, Fishman was introduced as the Lizard Queen. Touch Me featured Fishman on trombone.

Sunday - 07/12/1992
Jones Beach Amphitheater
Wantagh, NY

Soundcheck: Sweet Adeline, Carolina, Sweet Adeline (many times)

Set I: Sweet Adeline, Chalk Dust Torture, Bouncing Around the Room, The Divided Sky, Fluffhead, Uncle Pen, Maze, Glide > Vacuum Solo > Glide, Possum

Notes: This show was part of the H.O.R.D.E. tour that also featured Aquarium Rescue Unit, Blues Traveler, The Spin Doctors and Widespread Panic. Unlike other H.O.R.D.E. shows, Phish headlined. The band took the stage wearing Papier-mâché costume masks, which they threw into the crowd after Adeline. Glide was dedicated to David Ullrich, a fan who had recently died of leukemia. Possum included Simpsons, Oom Pa Pa, and All Fall Down signals and a But Anyway tease.

Friday - 07/12/1996
Melkweg
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Set I: Wilson, The Divided Sky, Horn, Split Open and Melt, Ya Mar, Funky Bitch, Taste, Theme From the Bottom, Tweezer, Llama

Set II: It's Ice -> Prince Caspian -> Mike's Song -> Run Like an Antelope -> Purple Rain > Hold Your Head Up, Jam, NICU -> Slave to the Traffic Light, Suzy Greenberg

Set III: David Bowie -> Free, Hello My Baby

Encore: Bathtub Gin, Johnny B. Goode

Notes: The reworked Taste debuted at this show, and Trey announced that the song would be performed like this (the Billy Breathes album version) from now on. Slave, Bowie, and Free were all unfinished. The jam before NICU was interactive, as the band jammed on chords yelled out by the fans.

Monday - 07/12/1999
Tweeter Center
Mansfield, MA

Soundcheck: My Best Friend's Girlfriend, Centerfold, Dream On, Rift

Set I: Foreplay/Long Time > Down with Disease, Back on the Train, What's the Use?, Split Open and Melt, Water in the Sky > Character Zero

Set II: Twist > The Moma Dance, Makisupa Policeman > David Bowie, The Lizards, Guyute

Encore: Rock and Roll

Notes: Foreplay/Long Time was played for the first time since December 9, 1994 (309 shows) and was played electric for the first time ever. Guyute was followed by band introductions, including Mike Gordon as “Michael ‘Soft G’ Jordan.”

Wednesday - 07/12/2000
Deer Creek Music Center
Noblesville, IN

Set I: My Friend, My Friend, The Curtain With, Tube > Heavy Things, Billy Breathes, Beauty of My Dreams > Free, Axilla > The Squirming Coil

Set II: Birds of a Feather, Piper, Crosseyed and Painless > Prince Caspian > Meatstick

Encore: Wading in the Velvet Sea

Notes: My Friend was unfinished. During Meatstick, Trey dedicated the song to the fans that didn’t get into the show. Curtain With was played for the first time since September 24, 1988 (1178 shows).

Saturday - 07/12/2003
Gorge Amphitheatre
George, WA

Soundcheck: Boogie On Reggae Woman, Piper, Harry Hood, “Cone-Headed Dog Blues”

Set I: Taste, Mexican Cousin, Stash, NICU, Heavy Things, Mock Song, Army of One, Maze

Set II: Piper > Two Versions of Me, Tweezer -> Dogs Stole Things, Water in the Sky, Ghost, David Bowie

Encore: Frankenstein > Tweezer Reprise

Notes: This show marked the debut of Mock Song and Two Versions of Me, and the Phish debut of Army of One. Tweezer included a Free tease.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:29 pm

Saturday - 07/13/1991
Berkshire Performing Arts Center
Lenox, MA

Set I: The Curtain > Runaway Jim, Foam, Llama, The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > Suzy Greenberg > Alumni Blues > Letter to Jimmy Page > Alumni Blues, The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday > Avenu Malkenu > The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday Reprise, Split Open and Melt, Bouncing Around the Room, Frankenstein

Set II: Chalk Dust Torture, Guelah Papyrus > The Divided Sky, Flat Fee, Paul and Silas > The Lizards, Stash, Hold Your Head Up > If I Only Had a Brain > Hold Your Head Up, You Enjoy Myself

Encore: The Landlady

Notes: This show featured The Giant Country Horns on Suzy, Alumni, Avenu, Melt through Frankenstein, Divided Sky, Flat Fee, Lizards, Stash, If I Only Had a Brain, YEM, and Landlady. During the pause in Letter to Jimmy Page, Trey introduced the Horns. Trey flubbed the slow, middle section of Divided Sky and humorously remarked that it was “the jazz version.” Brain was preceded by Happy Birthday teases and was dedicated to "Erica;" YEM subsequently included a brief reprise of the tease from Trey as well as a Chamelon tease by the Horns. The YEM vocal jam featured Chain Gang teases from Mike.

Wednesday - 07/13/1994
Big Birch Concert Pavilion
Patterson, NY

Set I: Buried Alive > Poor Heart > Sample in a Jar, Foam, The Mango Song, Down with Disease > Fee -> It's Ice, Fast Enough for You, I Didn't Know, Split Open and Melt

Set II: Possum, Cavern -> Wilson -> Cavern > NICU -> Tweezer -> Julius -> Tweezer -> Big Black Furry Creature from Mars -> Tweezer -> Mound, Slave to the Traffic Light, Suzy Greenberg

Encore: My Sweet One, Tweezer Reprise

Notes: Wilson was played to the tune of Cavern. BBFCFM was unfinished and played bluegrass style to the tune of Scent of a Mule. Trey teased Slave throughout Suzy Greenberg. Tweezer contained I Know a Little, I Wish, and Woody Woodpecker theme teases.

Thursday - 07/13/1995
Ed Sullivan Theater
New York, NY

Julius

Notes: Phish were the musical guests on The Late Show with David Letterman. Julius was performed with accompaniment from The Late Show Band as well as Dave Grippo on saxophone.

Saturday - 07/13/1996
Dour Festival
Dour, Belgium

Set I: Sample in a Jar, Runaway Jim, Cavern, Reba, Poor Heart, Split Open and Melt, Fire, Funky Bitch, Chalk Dust Torture, You Enjoy Myself

Tuesday - 07/13/1999
Tweeter Center
Mansfield, MA

Set I: NICU, The Curtain, Halley's Comet -> Roses Are Free -> NO2, Lawn Boy, Reba > Carini > Funky Bitch

Set II: Wolfman's Brother > Piper, Bug, Mountains in the Mist, Run Like an Antelope > Possum

Encore: Tuesday's Gone

Notes: NO2 was played for the first time since July 16, 1994 (355 shows) and, for the first known time, included the instrumental ending originally included on The White Tape. Reba was unfinished and dissolved into Carini. Antelope included Meatstick teases and Trey acknowledging his friends Dave and Luann Abrahams, who were in the crowd. Scott Murawski joined the band on Possum and the Phish debut of Tuesday’s Gone.

Sunday - 07/13/2003
Gorge Amphitheatre
George, WA

Set I: Runaway Jim, Scents and Subtle Sounds, Axilla > Carini, Dog Faced Boy, Round Room, Halley's Comet, Guyute, You Enjoy Myself

Set II: Llama, Wolfman's Brother -> Jesus Just Left Chicago, Seven Below, Harry Hood, Chalk Dust Torture

Notes: Round Room included a Dixie tease. Mike played electric bagpipes on portions of Halley’s and Guyute. Seven Below included a Third Stone from the Sun tease and the Hood intro included a Seven Below tease.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:25 pm

Sunday - 07/14/1991
Townshend Family Park
Townshend, VT

Set I: Reba, Llama, The Squirming Coil, Golgi Apparatus, Guelah Papyrus, My Sweet One, Colonel Forbin's Ascent > Fly Famous Mockingbird > The Sloth, I Didn't Know > Possum

Set II: Suzy Greenberg, Caravan, The Divided Sky, Gumbo, Dinner and a Movie > Bouncing Around the Room, Split Open and Melt, Magilla > Cavern > Run Like an Antelope

Set III: AC/DC Bag > The Landlady, Esther > Chalk Dust Torture, Bathtub Gin, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Hold Your Head Up > Touch Me, Harry Hood

Encore: Contact > Big Black Furry Creature from Mars

Notes: This show featured The Giant Country Horns for all of the second set except for Bouncing, all of the third set except for Esther, Chalk Dust, and Hood, and for the encore. The show began with a humorous announcement from Trey that he felt “overdressed” during National Nudist Week. My Sweet One included a tease of the Bonanza theme and Magilla included a Flintstones tease. I Didn't Know, in which Fishman was introduced as "Hank," and Touch Me featured Fishman on trombone. Possum included Charlie Chan and Oom Pa Pa signals as well as a Dave’s Energy Guide tease, while Weekapaug included Tweezer teases from Trey. Trey introduced the Giant Country Horns at the end of Antelope and during BBFCFM. There was a long wait during HYHU for Fishman, who was apparently in the bathroom. Hood included full-band Jeopardy! theme teases. This show ran much longer than scheduled (at one point, when Trey noted that they should wind up the show, a fan urged the band to “fuck the clock”), prompting Trey to beg the crowd to leave in a timely and orderly fashion after the encore.

Tuesday - 07/14/1992
The Boathouse
Norfolk, VA

Soundcheck: Rift (several times)

Set I: The Landlady, Rift, Guelah Papyrus, Maze, Sparkle, It's Ice, Runaway Jim, Horn, Brother, I Didn't Know, Poor Heart, Cavern

Set II: The Curtain > Tweezer, Fee -> All Things Reconsidered, Reba, Llama, The Squirming Coil, Paul and Silas, You Enjoy Myself, Take the 'A' Train > Tweezer Reprise

Encore: Sleeping Monkey

Notes: YEM contained a Simpsons signal.

Thursday - 07/14/1994
Finger Lakes Performing Arts Center
Canandaigua, NY

Set I: Runaway Jim, Bouncing Around the Room, Punch You In the Eye > Stash -> The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday > Avenu Malkenu > The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday Reprise, Scent of a Mule, Fluffhead -> The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Run Like an Antelope

Set II: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Sample in a Jar, Maze, If I Could, Uncle Pen, You Enjoy Myself -> Sparkle -> Big Ball Jam, Harry Hood, Highway to Hell

Encore: Chalk Dust Torture

Notes: Stash was unfinished.

Friday - 07/14/2000
Polaris Amphitheater
Lewis Center, OH

Set I: Sample in a Jar

Set II: Punch You In the Eye > Timber (Jerry), Gotta Jibboo > Boogie On Reggae Woman, Stash, Bouncing Around the Room, Foam, Dog Faced Boy, Farmhouse, Taste, Golgi Apparatus

Set III: Mike's Song > Frankie Says > David Bowie, Waste, Sand, The Lizards, Weekapaug Groove

Encore: The Inlaw Josie Wales, Driver, Guyute

Notes: After the Sample opener there was a 26-minute break due to a major thunderstorm.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:00 pm

Monday - 07/15/1991
Academy of Music
New York, NY

Set I: The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > Suzy Greenberg > The Landlady > Dinner and a Movie, Stash > Bouncing Around the Room, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Flat Fee, The Lizards, Cavern, The Squirming Coil, Frankenstein

Encore: Caravan > Contact, Alumni Blues

Notes: This single-set show was part of the New Music Seminar. The gig featured The Giant Country Horns on all songs except Oh Kee Pa, Hydrogen, Weekapaug, and Coil. Caravan included Manteca teases. Trey humorously botched the lyrics to Cavern, leading to some funny stage banter. The Ellen James Society and Yothu Yindi were the opening acts.

Wednesday - 07/15/1992
Trax
Charlottesville, VA

Soundcheck: Weigh, Happy Trails, Weigh, Rift, Silent in the Morning (x4)

Set I: Glide, The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > Suzy Greenberg, Foam, My Friend, My Friend, Uncle Pen, Split Open and Melt, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Chalk Dust Torture, The Lizards, Run Like an Antelope

Set II: The Sloth, The Divided Sky, Esther, My Sweet One, Stash, McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters > All Things Reconsidered, Harry Hood, Golgi Apparatus

Encore: Possum > Vacuum Solo > Possum

Notes: Fishman played this show wearing nothing but a jockstrap with a big “0,” referencing his “Zero Man” nickname, on the groin area. Antelope included a Simpsons signal, Esther included a Random Note signal, and Possum included a Birdland tease. Some tapes that circulate include Rift at the beginning but it is believed that this is from the soundcheck.

Thursday - 07/15/1993
Cayuga County Fairgrounds
Weedsport, NY

Set I: Rift, Sample in a Jar, The Divided Sky, Mound, Stash, Foam, I Didn't Know, My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own, Leprechaun > Runaway Jim

Set II: David Bowie, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Sparkle, It's Ice, Lifeboy, Possum, Faht, The Lizards, Walk Away, Daniel Saw the Stone

Encore: Chalk Dust Torture, Free Bird

Notes: This show marked the debut of Leprechaun, the Phish debut of Daniel Saw the Stone, and the debut of the a cappella Free Bird (the last “traditional” Free Bird was March 6, 1987, or 718 shows previous). Stash included a Little Drummer Boy jam.

Friday - 07/15/1994
Jones Beach Amphitheater
Wantagh, NY

Set I: Rift > Sample in a Jar, The Divided Sky, Gumbo > Foam, Fee > Split Open and Melt > Golgi Apparatus

Set II: Letter to Jimmy Page > David Bowie, Bouncing Around the Room > Reba, It's Ice > Yerushalayim Shel Zahav, Dog Faced Boy > Julius, Hold Your Head Up > Setting Sail > Hold Your Head Up, Runaway Jim

Encore: Sleeping Monkey, Rocky Top

Notes: This was the first solar-powered Phish show. Reba included Brazil and Popeye teases and was unfinished. Though last played on March 25, 1992 (291 shows) during a YEM vocal jam, this is the only complete performance of the sing-along Setting Sail. Ice featured a Page-led jam that was unlike most versions. Bowie included a full Jessica tease during the jam.

Monday - 07/15/1996
La Marna
Sesto Calende, Italy

Soundcheck: Character Zero

Set I: My Friend, My Friend, Punch You In the Eye, Fast Enough for You, Guyute, Possum, I Didn't Know, Harry Hood, Cavern

Set II: Down with Disease, Maze, Loving Cup > Makisupa Policeman, It's Ice, Julius, Hold Your Head Up > Purple Rain > Hold Your Head Up, Uncle Pen, Run Like an Antelope

Encore: Golgi Apparatus

Notes: Possum contained Simpsons and All Fall Down signals.

Wednesday - 07/15/1998
Portland Meadows
Portland, OR

Soundcheck: The Way I Feel Jam

Set I: Wolfman's Brother, Water in the Sky, The Moma Dance, Guyute, Horn -> Jam > Chalk Dust Torture, Brian and Robert, Beauty of My Dreams, Cars Trucks Buses, Roggae, Birds of a Feather, Loving Cup

Set II: Limb By Limb -> Simple > Tweezer -> California Love Jam -> Tweezer -> Free, Meat, Harry Hood

Encore: Wilson, Tweezer Reprise

Notes: Some humor surrounded the Guyute ending; fans of stage banter will want to seek this segment out. This show was officially released as Live Phish 17.

Thursday - 07/15/1999
PNC Bank Arts Center
Holmdel, NJ

Soundcheck: Lady Madonna, Have Mercy, Mountains in the Mist -> Dirt -> Mountains in the Mist, Guyute (part), You Better Believe It Baby

Set I: Punch You In the Eye > Ghost, Farmhouse, Horn, Poor Heart, Axilla > Theme From the Bottom, I Didn't Know, The Sloth, You Enjoy Myself

Set II: Meatstick, Split Open and Melt -> Kung -> Jam, Bouncing Around the Room, Chalk Dust Torture

Encore: Brian and Robert, Frankenstein

Notes: This show was webcast live by the House of Blues. During I Didn’t Know, Trey noted that Michael “Soft G” Jordan would be turning the mic over to “Flagina” Fishman, who then took a vacuum solo. During Meatstick, Trey noted that the band was going to try to get into the Guinness Book of World Records by having the most people perform the dance simultaneously. Trey, Mike and Sofi Dillof then taught the crowd how to do the dance. SOAM began as 2001 and was unfinished; the ensuing Kung launched into a dissonant jam.

Saturday - 07/15/2000
Polaris Amphitheater
Lewis Center, OH

Set I: AC/DC Bag, First Tube, Limb By Limb, NICU, Dirt, Roses Are Free, Wolfman's Brother > My Soul, Julius

Set II: Down with Disease -> While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Makisupa Policeman, Piper > The Mango Song, Bug, You Enjoy Myself

Notes: The jam out of Mango included a Have Mercy tease. The key phrase in Makisupa was “heady nuggets.”

Tuesday - 07/15/2003
USANA Amphitheatre
West Valley City, UT

Soundcheck: Jam, Scents and Subtle Sounds

Set I: AC/DC Bag > Ya Mar, Theme From the Bottom, Saw It Again, Poor Heart, Two Versions of Me, Secret Smile, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove

Set II: Mr. Completely -> Low Rider -> Big Black Furry Creature from Mars > Buried Alive > Big Black Furry Creature from Mars > Ha Ha Ha > Big Black Furry Creature from Mars > Mr. Completely > Spread It 'Round, Walls of the Cave, Golgi Apparatus > Slave to the Traffic Light

Encore: Sleeping Monkey

Notes: The soundcheck Jam was released on iTunes. Fans who arrived early enough to hear the soundcheck from outside the venue caught a 30-plus-minute version of Scents and Subtle Sounds. Video footage of the soundcheck was posted on phish.com. This show marked the Phish debut of Mr. Completely and the debut of Spread it ‘Round. This abbreviated version of Buried Alive was performed at a much faster tempo than usual and in a different key.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

Postby Mr. Hiatus » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:20 pm

Tuesday - 07/16/1991
Mariott Marquis
New York, NY

No known setlist.

Notes: It is believed that the band only performed one song at the BMI New Music Awards, and that it may have been a cappella.

Thursday - 07/16/1992
Flood Zone
Richmond, VA

Soundcheck: My Friend My Friend, Silent in the Morning, It’s Ice (each song played several times, stopping and starting)

Set I: Poor Heart, It's Ice, Sparkle, Wilson, Dinner and a Movie, Bouncing Around the Room, Maze, Guelah Papyrus, Rift, Horn, David Bowie

Set II: Runaway Jim, Weigh, The Landlady, Fluffhead, The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday > Avenu Malkenu > The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday Reprise > Llama, Glide, Paul and Silas, Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove

Encore: Blue Bayou, The Squirming Coil

Notes: This show marked the first Phish performance of Blue Bayou.

Friday - 07/16/1993
Philadelphia, PA

Set I: Daniel Saw the Stone, Golgi Apparatus, My Friend, My Friend, Ya Mar, Buried Alive, Fast Enough for You, All Things Reconsidered, Nellie Kane, Horn, Run Like an Antelope

Set II: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Split Open and Melt, Glide > Maze, Bouncing Around the Room, You Enjoy Myself -> Yerushalayim Shel Zahav -> You Enjoy Myself, Poor Heart, Purple Rain, Harry Hood, Cavern

Encore: Llama, Free Bird

Notes: This show featured the Phish debuts of Nellie Kane, Also Sprach Zarathustra, Yerushalayim Shel Zahav, and Purple Rain.

Saturday - 07/16/1994
Summer Stage at Sugarbush
North Fayston, VT

Set I: Golgi Apparatus, Down with Disease, NO2, Stash, The Lizards, Cavern, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Maze > Sparkle, Sample in a Jar

Set II: Run Like an Antelope -> Catapult -> Run Like an Antelope, Harpua -> Also Sprach Zarathustra -> Harpua, AC/DC Bag, Scent of a Mule, Harry Hood, Contact, Chalk Dust Torture

Encore: Suzy Greenberg

Notes: Golgi was preceded by an a cappella line of Back in My Hometown. Harpua included a narration about the comet that crashed into Jupiter. Poster got hit by a comet. Antelope included a Simpsons signal and Trey running around the stage with a megaphone. Catapult saw Fishman take a verbal jab at Trey and his upcoming wedding before quickly recanting. Chalk Dust included a Barracuda tease. This show was officially released as Live Phish 02.

Thursday - 07/16/1998
Gorge Amphitheatre
George, WA

Set I: The Squirming Coil, NICU, Stash, Reba, Fast Enough for You > When the Circus Comes, Run Like an Antelope

Set II: Julius, The Moma Dance > Piper, Axilla > David Bowie, Tube, Slave to the Traffic Light

Encore: Sample in a Jar

Notes: Stash included a Manteca tease.

Friday - 07/16/1999
PNC Bank Arts Center
Holmdel, NJ

Set I: Sample in a Jar, Beauty of My Dreams, Dogs Stole Things, Limb By Limb, Billy Breathes, Vultures, Back on the Train, Maze, Cavern

Set II: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove > Simple > Guyute, Loving Cup > Golgi Apparatus

Encore: Born to Run

Notes: Weekapaug included a 2001 tease. The encore was preceded by a story from Trey about how he and Page grew up “around here” in Jersey. Trey then referenced “the greatest songwriter of all time” and said that he, too, grew up in the area. While some in the crowd expected Bruce Springsteen (who was in the middle of a run of 15 sold-out dates at New Jersey’s Continental Airlines Arena), Trey produced Tom Marshall. Tom appeared in the classic Born in the U.S.A.-era Springsteen outfit, complete with red bandana. He subsequently sang the Phish debut of Born to Run. As the song concluded Tom mocked a bunch of Springsteen-esque arena-rock clichés, such as throwing his bandana into the crowd and jogging offstage to a handler who threw a towel around his shoulders. During the song he even aped some dance moves from the Dancing in the Dark video.

On hiatus.
Mr. Hiatus

PreviousNext

Return to General Phish Discussion