Phish 2018 Summer Tour

Discuss Phish!

Re: Phish 2018 Summer Tour

Postby Harpua » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:40 pm

There's no nugs stream tonight or tomorrow, right? Maybe a periscope style stream will be available, or an audio only AUD stream. I'll be on the lookout.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby marley » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:07 am

SirChompsAlot wrote:
marley wrote:so, what's everyone doing tonight?

Did you miss the GIF above? Sitting on my couch in a sleeveless shirt drinking beer :thumbup:

Oh, and hoping that someone gets a nice live stream that I can check out. I assume that Phish's youtube page will stream the set 1 and 2 openers, so I'll check those out at least.

:wave:
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:28 pm

Man, I suck at fandom. Got caught up in the All Star game and clean forgot the show was starting. I doubt I would have stayed up that late for it but a set would have nice. Will have to catch tonight. Any standouts?

Trying to catch some clips now...listening to that Hood.
El Bastarde

Postby Harpua » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:36 pm

I only caught the first set, but Ghost was definitely a standout.

Fun fact(s): The newest song played in the first set was Moma which debuted in 1998. Last year they had 2 debuts in the first set.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby SirChompsAlot » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:13 pm

Apparently Tahoe folks were none too pleased with the mess that Phish fans left after the show. From Phish's facebook feed...

"As summer tour gets underway, please remember to respect the communities and venues that host us all by cleaning up after yourselves and others. Use proper receptacles for garbage and recycling. Please be considerate and appreciative to local residents and businesses. These folks are welcoming us into their community and putting up with the inconvenience that this can cause - please show your thanks by respecting their space. Thanks for your understanding and see you on tour!"

Harpua wrote:I only caught the first set, but Ghost was definitely a standout.

Agreed
SirChompsAlot

Postby Harpua » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:07 am

^ Lotta shitbag Phish fans out there. There was a reason they didn't play Red Rocks. The fact that they had to release that statement is embarrassing.

Here is a video of the mess they are making.
https://youtu.be/8Suu84khNGY
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby SirChompsAlot » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:33 pm

Harpua wrote:^ Lotta shitbag Phish fans out there. There was a reason they didn't play Red Rocks. The fact that they had to release that statement is embarrassing.

Here is a video of the mess they are making.
https://youtu.be/8Suu84khNGY

There are a lot of shitbag people out there period. Phish fans specifically though, there were people in the comments section saying," With what we pay for these tickets I'll do whatever I want!" Holy shit. How about you be a normal human being trying to live in a society?

Love that video, lol.

I missed almost all of the show last night. Got home around 11:30 CDT and caught Joy, Limb By Limb, and Also Sprach Zarathustra. Not the greatest streams, though it didn't help I was listening on the tinny speaker on my phone. That said, technology is amazing. Laying in bed in Chicago, listening to a live Phish show in Nevada on a handheld device :crazy:
SirChompsAlot

Postby SirChompsAlot » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:50 pm

Here's a pic from a street near the Tahoe venue. Gross.

SirChompsAlot

Postby y0n » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:22 am

SirChompsAlot wrote:Here's a pic from a street near the Tahoe venue. Gross.

I heard cops were ticketing people for littering. Hope that's true.
y0n

Postby Buster » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:07 pm

SirChompsAlot wrote:Here's a pic from a street near the Tahoe venue. Gross.

I get that people shouldn't litter, but that doesn't even look bad for the amount of people there.
Buster
The NorEaster

Postby steve0 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:32 pm

Curveball Sold out!!!! Hope everyone got their tickets... see ya there!
steve0

Postby willbreathes » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:20 am

Free webcast tonight, ya nerds.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby ErrandWolfe » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:14 pm

Im back in the game, going to Dicks...Im excited :thumbup:
Here's a place of elegance...
ErrandWolfe

Postby clevername » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:00 pm

ErrandWolfe wrote:Im back in the game, going to Dicks...Im excited :thumbup:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!??!? Come to Curveball!

This popped up in my memories the other day:
Ship Of Fools wrote:This is a Message Board, not a Tolerance Board.

henrietta wrote:if you are in a parking garage in the middle of Manhattan you are doing New York wrong.
clevername

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:28 pm

Though the Forum Friday was pretty damn good start-to-finish. Saturday was a bit more spotty.
El Bastarde

Postby Harpua » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:47 pm

^ I thought I was going to kick myself for missing Saturday, because that seems to be how it always works out when I only do one night of a multiple night run. This time Phish rewarded me by playing nearly every song I didn't want to hear, making it a bit more bearable, even if KDF, Jibboo, and Fuego were :thumbup: :thumbup: !
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby GratefulPhish » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:51 pm

The second set from Saturday looks very underwhelming on paper. I’m headed down to Atl this weekend, I hope we get some ragers, I’ll be with some first timers.
rather be on tour..
GratefulPhish

Postby y0n » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:31 pm

Jibboo > Fuego and Soul Planet were excellent. KDF filled the now normal first set jamming and then the raging Gin > NMINML make for an excellent show (to my ears at least).

I’ve been looking back to see how the current tour stacks up against 2015, and I think these first 8 shows of 2018 are as good or better than the first 8 of 2015. Atlanta is when things really took off in 2015. We’ll see how things pan out this week.
Last edited by y0n on Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
y0n

Postby GratefulPhish » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:19 pm

Nice! I’ve never seen a bad show at the Alpharetta venue, they seem to love it- hope that trend continues
rather be on tour..
GratefulPhish

Postby themomadans » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:25 pm

I'm hitting up Camden, MPP, and Curve. Then Hampton in the fall.

These sets don't look like much on paper, but I've been listening more or less to the highlights from the shows, and there has been some pretty fine Phish so far. Someone on a Facebook Phish group put it pretty nicely; if 2017 was a culmination of what Phish has been doing for the past few years, then 2018 is a fresh start.
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is the best
themomadans

Postby Harpua » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:37 pm

Weee! They really found another gear last night! They were tighter last night than had been so far this tour, and they delivered three A+ jamz. Alpharetta Carini just earned the pole position in the jam of the year contest. Check it out, duders.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby GratefulPhish » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:09 pm

Last night was rockin. The only tune I could’ve gone without was Winterqueen, but it was a welcomed breather. Just not a fan of that one in general, other than that you really can’t ask for much more (except a tweeprise which I really hope they save for Sunday).
rather be on tour..
GratefulPhish

Postby Buster » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:36 pm

Alpharetta night 1, amazing show. Night and day from the rest of the tour, incredible. Ghost sounded Caspian Magnaball-esque with Mikey bombs. What a fun show.
Buster
The NorEaster

Postby fone » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:17 pm

So last Summer, for the strawberry Bakers Dozen show, whatever date that was, I offered my extra ticket to my sixteen year old granddaughter Madison. We had a really great time walking around the city and then meeting up with Pei Yi at Niles before the show.

We had some pretty nice bar seats at the far end of the venue facing the stage, and for a first show, it wasn't a bad location to get a decent scope of what a Phish show was all about. She hadn't heard much of their music prior to the show, but showed an encouraging interest to go, so I fostered it as much as possible without becoming stoopit about it with her.

During the first few songs I would try to determine her reaction without putting any obvious pressure on her, and it didn't seem like she was moving too much even though everyone around us was. But maybe because I don't move all that much either, except for some boppin' and minor air guitar gestures, she was kind of feeling things out, and trying to understand what was actually happening.

But after a time, I did ask her what she thought, and she iterated 'they are sooooo good, especially the music." Not having heard them much before, she couldn't understand much of the lyrics there were, but did start moving to the music with some head bobbing in unison with everyone else in the crowd.

She's generally not as overly demonstrative as some of our other gkids, and the conversations during our ride home were very positive. She downloaded the music from that show, and I pretty much let her alone to place Phish within her pretty wide range of musical likes.

Fortunately it was she who approached me last Spring about whether Phish was playing again this summer and if they were, she'd like to go again. She's a crazed working teen right now, putting all kinds of hours in the demeaning tasks that Wendy's offers it's staff, but she's saving for her first car, and I give her all sorts of kudos for that. So when I told her about the Camden shows and asked her if she would be able to get a day off, she told me not to worry about that, she'd make sure she'd be off if I buy the tickets.

So I'm picking her up early on Tuesday to get to Camden when the lots open, so she can experience the whole Summer scene. We'll tailgate, walk along the river, maybe even stop in the aquarium, before we take our place in the pav with the rest of the sweltering masses before the lights go down.

Already plan to have a copy of the 2009 Camden show for the ride down, and begin to talk with a little about the band and its history, and some of the crazy and amazing things that I've experienced over the years. We'll meet up with themomdans and the momadave before the show, and although the temps will be in the 90s, have the coolest celebration of my recent retirement.
Here's your ticket pack your bag
Time for jumpin' overboard
The transportation is here
Close enough but not too far,
Maybe you know where you are
Fightin' fire with fire
fone
The Sage

Postby y0n » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:59 pm

Fone so great to see you around these parts! Not much to say other than it’s good to see some fresh blood in the scene. Hope You Enjoy Camden (or rathe enjoy Phish playing in Camden).
y0n

PreviousNext

Return to General Phish Discussion