I met Trey AGAIN tonight...

Discuss Phish!

Postby marley » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:17 pm

Hang in there. Things will start looking better soon.
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Desmond The Family Berzerker » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:46 pm

Yeah, this really bums me out. For one, I've been there (havent most of us?) and wouldnt wish this state of "feeling lost" on my worst enemy, let alone a fellow fan and OKP Brudha'. It'll go away. I saw "the one" (ya know, that girl that completely rips out your heart, puts it in a blender pours it into shot glasses for her and her friends to throw back complete with salt and lime wedges) the other night. I don't think Ill ever be completely over it, but I had very little feeling about seeing her. It was pretty "meh". As a matter of fact the little feeling I had was embarassment over the fact that I ever let her actions get to me as much as they did.

Just focus on you. Plan a trip, take up a hobby, Do something you always wanted to do, but never got around to.

Above all remember, It will get better.

Summer 2010- Hartford 6/17-18, SPAC 6/19-20, Great Woods 6/21, Camden 6/24-25, Jones Beach 8/17-18
Desmond The Family Berzerker

Postby the Sloth » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:52 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i61VAjzqGFw

do it...

and get feel better man
the Sloth
Mr. Rip Van Winklin'

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby bigB » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:06 pm

Read a John Irving book! It may make you feel better by the end!

Keep passing the open windows!
As he saw his life run away from him 1000's ran along chanting words from a psalm.
bigB
Wookie-Tamer

Postby goldphish » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:03 am

JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE!

Hey girl, is he everything you wanted in a man
You know I gave you the world
You had me in the palm of your hand

So why your love went away
I just can't seem to understand
Thought it was me and you babe
Me and you until the end
But I guess I was wrong

Don't want to think about it
Don't want to talk about it
I'm just so sick about it
Can't believe it's ending this way

Just so confused about it
Feeling the blues about it
I just can't do without ya
Tell me is this fair?

Is this the way it's really going down?
Is this how we say goodbye?
Should've known better when you came around
That you were gonna make me cry
It's breaking my heart to watch you run around
'Cause I know that you're living a lie
That's okay baby 'cause in time you will find...

What goes around, goes around, goes around
Comes all the way back around...

Seriously JT knows how it goes down. ;) We all go thru the grinder, we all lose love, we all get betrayed. We go thru it and find a way to become stronger or we give up... Giving up is not an option. Push on!

And the poster... its just a poster. I wouldn't worry about that. Carry on. Thats my 2 cents anyway.

goldphish
White Mountain Scallop

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Wow, that's a sweet story. I've made it front row to a Phish show before (Page side truly is rage side) but I've never been able to meet any members of the band. That rocks.

So, was Trey high on coke, horse tranquilizers or both when you met him? I KID!! I KID!!!
El Bastarde

Postby momamomma1 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:28 pm

Man, I don't have to tell you that your situation blows.. you're living it, I'm sure you know that. But listen, I'm gonna give you some pearls of wisdom here, and I swear I have been through this only about a billion times.

I once read a book called The Art of Happiness by the Dahli Lama ( I'm sure I spelled that wrong). The whole thing was about how to take life on this godforsaken planet and instead of praying for an easier row to hoe, thanking your enemies and opponents for their test of your strength, b/c it's only through those tests that you find out just what you are capable of. I know it sounds masochistic, but you welcome the pain, you feel it, you use it, you discard it, you move on.

I'm not saying you should send her a fruit basket, or be her friend. I'm not even saying that you shouldn't despise her and wish that from that moment on she would have nothing but horrible relationships so that everyday of her life she'd realize what she had, and let slip through her fingers - those are normal, human reactions. What I AM saying is that you should look at what she did as a huge favor. Like someone tapping you to get off the plane before it taxi's down the runway only to crash shortly thereafter. no realtionship with her could have been good if that was the kind of person she was. People who don't know themselves need room to find that kind of thing out.. and judging from what you'vesaid about her, she really doesn't know who she is, or what she wants... and I can say, with the utmost assurance that she will not find it within someone else..not you, not the chode she left you for and not in any scene she chooses to submerge herself in. It takes time, but she'll find it through the trials and tribulations that you have to now thank your lucky stars that you will not be a part of.

First thing to do - get rid of the ring. Pawn it, sell it on Ebay.. get as far removed from everything that was "her and you" including that fucking poster.... screw the GD poster man... let her have it. Hopefully she'll frame it on her wall so when that cockstain that she left you for splits, the first thing she'll see hanging on her wall is that fucking poster laughing at her..

Second thing is go on a vacation if you can..get away from the place you shared and do some shit on your own. Out of sight out of mind is a real thing.. it can help, and my own personal remedy for heartbreak is a mandatory 30 day "fast' from one another..no contact whatsoever. No phone, no computer, no letters, no nothing...

and if that doesn't work... rebounds are a time tested (if not wholly cruel to the poor soul who gets picked to be rebounded with) way to get back on the horse and realize that you are still in the game...its just that that last person you went a few rounds with fought dirty and got disqualified.

All in all , it will take time..but time heals all... just remember that. that, and we are all hear for you. :)
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momamomma1
Goddess

Postby charlieJack » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:40 pm

^you absolutely rule. i hope you realize this.
the floor will have its way it seems
it fights me like a trampoline
it won't let me to the ground
so this time i'm not coming down
charlieJack

Postby momamomma1 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:59 pm

Awww, well thanks. You guys rock too. :) ;)
momamomma1
Goddess

Postby floydthechimpanzee » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:05 pm

Hey guys. I can't thank you all enough.
It is nice to sign on and have you guys sharing ideas and advice with me.
I truly appreciate it.

Hey moma...
I had the same idea with the Trey poster. I accepted that I wouldn't get it back, but in hopes that her current relationship fails and she will remember the true joy we shared on that day when we met Trey.

All of you guys are right.
If this happened to anyone of you I would give the same advice.

The weird thing is none of it makes sense to me. I can't digest all this good advice.

I feel really isolated.
I feel like noone has ever gone through what I am going through.
That is stupid to think...I know...but that is where I am at.

I see a psychiatrist now cuz I am going through a "reactive depression", he says, and he talks and talks and I just don't hear a word he says.

I can't wait til I am out of this funk.

I just got in the mail the CD of 12-29-97.
I bought this for a reason.
I went to this show, and it was before I ever knew my ex.

I bought it to remind myself that I had a kickass life before her.
Seeing Phish, hanging out, having fun.

I listened to it this afternoon and I had a smile from ear to ear (that DWD>Possum was sick!!!).

So yea.

It kills me to think that I was just so good to her, or at least I thought I was, and she could just toss me aside like this.

I tried to "rebound" a couple of times in the past week, by the insistance of my friends.

It just isn't in me. I know most guys aren't but I am notoriously monogamous.
To me being in a relationship and exploring each other is the perk in spending so much time with one person.

One night stands, and such, just don't appeal to me.

So it looks like I have many years of solitude ahead of me, unless any of you guys know any cute "head" chicks in my neck of the woods that are single?
floydthechimpanzee

Postby Guelah » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:07 am

Yeah, I'm definitely not a fan of one night stands either.

Maybe that's why I have such bad luck with women, or something like that...
"2014 Great year...2015...Better year!" -Trip Anti-acid
Guelah
Teh_Southern Pa

Postby momamomma1 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:20 am

awwww...darlin' you will get back on the horse... it will just take time. A reactive depression means that you're not genuinely depressed due to a chemical imbalance..you are depressed due to your reaction to a certain event - i.e that heartless biatch doing the flamenco on your heart.

take your time...heal how you need to and just realize that sometimes things just get all fucked up, but it's not you or your fault. People fall out of love, people hurt others on their way to finding things out for themselves..it just feels like the end of the world when you are the one they leave behind to do that..but if you didn't feel that way, then we wouldn't be talkign about this, right? That just means you really cared about her.. and someone, someday will come along who is worthy of that..it's just a shame she turned out to not be that person. One day you will find someone who will love you for that instead of run from you for it.

nobody can say anythign to you right now, I know. We will all give you advice because as a community, we care about each other but each of us know that solitary feeling and how nobody can REALLY help you, but you.

The way I look at it is this... if someone can lose their parent, their child, someone who is just completely irreplacable in their lives and eventually go on to lead a normal, happy life, albeit with scars..but they recover..you will see a brighter day after losing your fiancee.

time. time is key.

momamomma1
Goddess

Postby floydthechimpanzee » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:52 am

Thanks everyone, again.
Thank you CharlieJack for the links you sent; very interesting stuff.

I got the okay from my doctor to go back to work on Monday (after hurting my back).
So I just polished off the last 4 Percocet that I had, and I am feeling nice and loose right now.

Hopefully getting back to work will help me get my mind off of things.

Percocet makes me itchy.
Anyone else ever notice that?

floydthechimpanzee

Postby Guelah » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:57 am

All opiates will do that to ya.
"2014 Great year...2015...Better year!" -Trip Anti-acid
Guelah
Teh_Southern Pa

Postby goldphish » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:37 pm

Man I've let some girls thrash me around in the past... when you find yourself between the legs of another beautiful girl and the kisses and love flow like wine you'll forget ALL about this chick ;)
goldphish
White Mountain Scallop

Postby El Bastarde » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:12 pm

Maybe it's me but they're just too much work. Devoting the whole night just for a quickie in her room before you pass out? Eh...
El Bastarde

Postby floydthechimpanzee » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:42 pm

Maybe it's me but they're just too much work. Devoting the whole night just for a quickie in her room before you pass out? Eh...

Exactomundo!
It is a lot of work for something that never goes as planned or as kinky as you like it and sometimes, not as long as you like.

Monogamy fellas.
That's where the fun is.

Man, I sound like an old man.
My 18 year old self would be smacking me right now if he could.

It reminds me of this episode of Will & Grace I watched with the ex once.
Woody Harrelson was on it and he was dating Grace.
She asked how many partners he had and he was like, 2.
And he asked her and she was like, 20.

But then she found out later on that he had sex with these two partners like 6000 times or some crazy number and she felt like he out sexed her although she had so many partners.

That is how I feel.

I am done getting notches on my belt.
I just want the long term love lay.

floydthechimpanzee

Postby charlieJack » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:52 pm

Thanks everyone, again.
Thank you CharlieJack for the links you sent; very interesting stuff.

my pleasure, sir ;D
charlieJack

Postby OlfactoryHue » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:28 pm

somebody throw the walmartkid a party, sounds like you could use a good unwinding

take some L it'll open up your mind, you'll realize that your alone anyway, and that all your preocupations with things (objects) and people aren't really that important.

you never know it may help bring you back to balance, it always seems to for me when I get way off kilter. Society and all the stuff around us really screws with are senses sometimes. other things that help are hiking trips, anything involving nature without many amenities, breakyourself down to the what you are and nothing else, i know that it's a really tuff situation to do b/c your fixated on these thoughts you are having, but to stop having those thoughts you need to seperate from all things false, start to seek out some trues and you'll find balance quicker. Ya know ie, water = life (true), sun = life (true) deconstruct your surroundings and you'll find the you that has no idea that her even existed, though like noted before, it will take time.

remember to surrender to the flow
OlfactoryHue
Dr. Pulgar Verde

Postby bhuji2 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:04 pm

Mmmm... this is some nice energy. You people are delicious.
bhuji2

Postby bigB » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:45 pm

I'm a MOD ;D
As he saw his life run away from him 1000's ran along chanting words from a psalm.
bigB
Wookie-Tamer

Postby alright » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:39 am

excuse me.....

WHAT A FUCKING BITCH.

sorry just had to get that out there.
wal-mart kid, this might actually make it even worse for you but im going to say it anyway...
the day you posted that stuff about meeting trey YOU were literally my hero. not even trey really (well kindve). but YOU were who i wanted to be and still want to be. to ACTUALLY MEET TREY, talk to him, TWICE NO LESS, REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE...I cant even explain how much i envy you. that heartless laundry doin wench (pardon me momma) might have stolen the poster but she can NEVER steal the memories you had with TREY ANASTASIO. i cant even imagine what you are going through right now but i hope that helps a tiny tiny bit.

much respect,

teh taintless
#23 So back off
alright
Teh Taintless Wonder

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:24 pm

I'm a MOD ;D

Oh great...a Bulls fan is now a mod. I'm screwed....
El Bastarde

Postby charlieJack » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:48 pm

so how you doin these days WMKid?
charlieJack

Postby floydthechimpanzee » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:34 am

Meh.
I'm in a weird place.
I feel like I should be over this.
It will be 7 weeks this coming Tuesday, since I found out she was cheating on me and it all ended.
I feel like 7 weeks is a long time. Almost 2 months.
I am still a mess.
I have a large group of friends and a great family and even my co-workers have been really stand-up through all of this.
That is to say, I am not at a loss for companionship during this hardship, and yet I still feel incredibly lonely.

I just got in from a friend's house.
I am tired, I had a few drinks, and lots of laughs, and yet I feel like I have no life and she is out having fun with a new man and I am here alone on a Saturday night.

I don't know if you guys get what I mean.

That is why I feel "weird".

I feel better and yet I will have spontaneous bursts of tears and crippling fits of depression.

I had one earlier this afternoon, a fit that is, and it got better when I got to my buddy's house.

I just can't help but think that she is doing fine without me.
She never skipped a beat in her joy.

Here I am 7 weeks later and I still can't get a hold of my life.

I have friends who want to set me up with other people, but I can't imagine sharing a bed or any sort of time with another woman just yet.
Again, it shocks me that she never skipped a beat.
She was engaged to be married to me, and she is now in bed with another guy.
That doesn't seem right.
I know it is wrong, I mean it doesn't seem right in the respect that I can't believe she is capable of that.
She was a saint.
She loved me.
She showered me with love day in and day out, as I did to her.

We were so happy.
One day.
Just one day.
I find out she is with someone else and she was fine with throwing us all away.

I was doing pretty well tonight.

*sigh*

floydthechimpanzee

PreviousNext

Return to General Phish Discussion