6-11 Toyota Park - Chicago

Discuss the 2010 shows!

Re: 6-11 Toyota Park - Chicago

Postby ErrandWolfe » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:24 am

Still one of my favorite 1st Sets of 3.0.....Just a damn fun time!!!
ErrandWolfe

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby goochy » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:26 am

Revisited Ghost -> Limb by Limb this evening for the first time in months. It's still rock solid compared to anything from 3.0. That Ghost is one sick, sick puppy.
goochy

Postby Brother » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:30 pm

This was my first show. My first taste of live Phish was DwD and it didn't disappoint.This guy I had been talking to was ecstatic once the show started and had me hold his beer so he could jump up and down. Then he was slapping me on the back shouting "Is that the highest you can jump?" The rest of the first sets songs are classics that I was glad to see, even if Reba and Bowie's jams were actually pretty lame.

Second set: The Light->Maze combo to open really set the tone. The last two minutes of Light were EVIL. During Maze Trey was using his whale pedal in an unorthodox way to build tension under Page's solo.

Ghost->LxL - The highlight of this show. Listen to the band warp time (or fuck up) at 4:55-5:01. At Ghost's peak Trey starts looping his runs so it's like notes are everywhere. The segue into LxL sounds like the song is all scrambled then reassembles into LxL. Vocal jam was icing on the cake.

When Fishman whiffed the ending of Antelope there was about two seconds where I didn't know what the fuck was happening. Trey made it funny though.

I gave it a full year before thinking back to it, although I've listened plenty. This guy I was talking to pre-show found out it was my first show and took steps to make sure I had a great time. Wherever you are Mr. Real Estate Agent, thanks! :wave: Overall it was just a great rock show. No flubs that I remember, no life affirming improv, but everyone was having fun.
Brother

Postby fone » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:42 pm

That guy using my avatar and username on the preceding page of this thread didn't know what he was talking about. Giving the show another listening since 2010, and either Phish got shittier, which I don't believe, or my head was up my ass.

Definitely a fun show, and I just stopped after the Reba. btw, have you noticed how Mike owns Boogie On nowadays? Used to be a song that was pretty much Trey looking to connect with some chick he's noticing in the audience, and he may still play it for that reason. But Mike's command of the bassline has made the song much better than it's been since they started playing it.

Then again, Mike has been the MVP of 3.0.
Here's your ticket pack your bag
Time for jumpin' overboard
The transportation is here
Close enough but not too far,
Maybe you know where you are
Fightin' fire with fire
fone
The Sage

Postby Brother » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:00 pm

I always remember this show when I glance at my phone at it displays 6:11pm. Usually not up early enough to see it at 6:11am. Wolfman's and Boogie On were the songs that made people say, "wow, Mike's pretty loud today!"
Brother

Postby ErrandWolfe » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:06 am

Still one of the most special days ever....Went to the Stanley Cup Parade Downtown, was in front of Fishman's bus with Clark Griswold drivin into Toyota and saw Phish play a fantastic Tour Opener less than 30min from my house...

Damn fine day... :P
Here's a place of elegance...
ErrandWolfe

Postby fone » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:31 pm

Started listening to this show again, and so far it's pretty nice. I know I've heard better performances of the first three songs, but there was a consistent high energy playing across all three. Very impressive.

I still don't know who that guy was on the preceding page. Thank goodness.
Here's your ticket pack your bag
Time for jumpin' overboard
The transportation is here
Close enough but not too far,
Maybe you know where you are
Fightin' fire with fire
fone
The Sage

Postby Brother » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:29 pm

My first show. Raging and psychedelic Ghost -> LxL. The segue sounds like your brain is getting scrambled.
Light -> Maze is a terrific segue too, even if the Light is generously a C- jam...

Good show that can get marred if you pay too much attention to the pitch shifting from Mr. Trey.
Brother

Previous

Return to 2010