10-24 Los Angeles

Discuss the 2014 shows!

10-24 Los Angeles

Postby jawbone » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:08 am

Friday, 10/24/2014
The Forum, Inglewood, CA

Set 1: 46 Days, Tube, Train Song, Ghost > Sparkle > Sample in a Jar, Divided Sky, The Line, It's Ice > Kill Devil Falls > Bathtub Gin

Set 2: 555 > Backwards Down the Number Line > Down with Disease[1] > Fuego > Twist > Bouncing Around the Room, David Bowie, Character Zero

Encore: Harry Hood, Grind

[1] Unfinished.
[#42?] nothin' shakin' but the leaves on the trees
jawbone
Skunk Ape Expatriate

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: 10-24 Los Angeles

Postby checkitout » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:17 am

Was bummed I missed the first 3 songs, including Tube! I just got off a freeway in Los Angeles and made it inside just as they started up Ghost, which I sensed would be played since Forum is right across from a cemetery. Sparkle>Sample pumped up the crowd. Divided was an energy builder and lovely to hear. The Line was good. It's Ice stood out for me as it's not of my faves but tonite it was and that jam was nasty and energetic! Kill Devil is always fun and Gin got the partay started! 555>BDTNL was interesting as Set I started with 46 Days.. DWD was dooooope and Fuego was fire!!!! Twist>Bouncing was awesome and Bowie was expected and delivered! Hood, Grind = awesome ending!!
checkitout

Postby Harpua » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:24 am

I was going to write a lengthy review of this show, but instead I am just going to say a few things.

First, this was the farthest I have traveled to see a show by about 800 miles.

The venue was great, easy to get in and out of (at least it was in my case ,) the people were way more friendly than they have been at Chicago shows as of late, and meeting Sean and Levi was an absolute pleasure.

The show itself was amazing. 46 Days was a surprisingly hot opener. "On a freeway in Los Angeles" during Tube, provoked wild screams from the crowd. Divided Sky, being my favorite song, made the trip worth it , and everything else was just gravy. The first set Ghost was shocking and a ton of fun, and Gin is a must hear.

Second set started slow with a 555 and the much maligned Backwards down the Number Line (both of which I enjoyed. ) Down With Disease was the highlight of the show... by far, and the lights during this song were amazing. Do yourself a favor and check it out. The show ended with the best Hood I have seen in person (Followed by Grind)

2014 and 2010 are neck and neck for my best Phish years.
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby Harpua » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:56 pm

Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby marley » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:22 am

It was nice meeting you too, good sir!!!!

I'll have to add liked the Gin. Loved the Hood too, especially with the ceiling lights. So much fun!!!!
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Postby Harpua » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:46 am

Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby marley » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:38 am

I'm not a poster fan, but that one does look pretty bad ass.
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Return to 2014