8/9 Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI

Discuss the 2015 shows!

8/9 Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI

Postby gamecat » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:47 pm

Sunday, 08/09/2015
Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy, WI

Set 1: The Very Long Fuse, Colonel Forbin's Ascent > Fly Famous Mockingbird, Brian and Robert, Saw It Again, Esther, Weigh, The Sloth, Sanity > Split Open and Melt

Set 2: Run Like an Antelope > Carini > Waves -> Tweezer > Dirt > Mike's Song > Blaze On > Weekapaug Groove > Tweezer Reprise

Encore: Contact, Frankenstein

Notes: Mockingbird featured narration about Trey walking around Alpine Valley and having a bird shit on him, inspiring him to play the song that night. He also acknowledged that this was the band's 17th show at Alpine and that the following day would be the 19th anniversary of their first appearance (August 10, 1996). The Very Long Fuse was quoted in Sanity.
gamecat
The Shepherd

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: 8/9 Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI

Postby phishinsky » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:54 am

:thumbup:
"Art isn’t about perfection. It is what is created when trying to reach perfection that matters!"
phishinsky
Northern Jedi

Postby Phinst » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:07 pm

Well, on my 94th show and 22 yrs later I finally got my Col Forbin>Mockingbird. :D :clap: :thumbup: I cant even describe what a feeling that was to be anxiously waiting soooo long to witness this. Not only that but these are pretty much the last two most common songs I was chasing(well Nellie Glenn is still out there :P )

But yea this show was the bees knees. It almost kind of felt like they put a final stamp on that classic venue. I t was actually a perfect way to go out, if it will no longer be a tour stop.

The buzz was in the air, if they were going to do a dead tune, with it being the 20yr of the passing of Garcia, plus with the ties both bands have to Alpine, along with Trey and FTW. Well, they didn't and I don't know if it was on purpose, but I told my friend after the show that instead of covering the Dead, they come out with a classic-ol-skool Phish first set, and then a what Phish does best funky, jammy, rockin second set. I t was like they were making a statement on this particular night,.

Fuse was a great way to open the show. Then you had the Forbins, Mockingbird. While not the cleanest version, fuckin' Esther :twisted: And a damn good SOAM to close the set.

Second set I knew was gonna be special with a rare Antelope opener. The Tweezer, Mike's>Blaze on was $$$$ Wowza.

that second set did have some Dead type play in it. Mike's & Tweezer esp. I know I wasn't the only one but during that Tweezer, people were looking at each other, wondering if they were going to go into Franklin tower/ Fire on the Mt.

And to end the show with a contact and Frankenstein. Simply epic :clap:
...Dip a ladle for a taste of her creation...& she knew that what she made...
would be the Finest in the Nation....

2017: Chicago x2: Dayton>Pittsburgh
Phinst

Postby Harpua » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:10 pm

Phinst wrote:Fuse was a great way to open the show. Then you had the Forbins, Mockingbird. While not the cleanest version, fuckin' Esther :twisted: And a damn good SOAM to close the set.

Second

Phinst wrote:Second set I knew was gonna be special with a rare Antelope opener. The Tweezer, Mike's>Blaze on was $$$$ Wowza.

Second

Phinst wrote:And to end the show with a contact and Frankenstein. Simply epic :clap:

Second

I am basically not chasing anything anymore. This show had it all. Great Show. I will be talking about it for years.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby Katiemay » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:51 pm

I haven't heard this show and hadn't even seen the setlist until now. Looks fantastic. Despite the recent songs, it reads like an old school show to me.

Also, congrats on getting your first Forbins>FFM, Phinst! Sweet, sweet victory!
Katiemay

Postby hosemasterflex » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:42 am

This show is badass. I'm up to the Mike's, and this is just my kind of show.

I didn't really read the setlist when I put it on so set one was like whoa man.

It's pretty well done too, save a few sections that are just ... like spaced, lol.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby The Ubiquitous Smokey » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:08 pm

Just listening to this for the first time since last summer.

Must say, this is probably my favorite show next to Halloween 14 in the past few years.

Really had everything and is just the bees knees.

Go ahead, try it out, you'll like
The Ubiquitous Smokey
East Side Jedi

Return to 2015