09-02 Commerce City, CO

Discuss the 2017 shows!

09-02 Commerce City, CO

Postby Harpua » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:22 am

Sunday 09-02-2018
Dick's Sporting Goods Park
Commerce City, CO

SET 1: Soul Planet -> Possum, Mellow Mood, Tube > Funky Bitch, Ocelot, Keepin' It Real, My Friend, My Friend > Horn > Maze, Miss You, Run Like an Antelope

SET 2: 46 Days -> Tweezer -> Golden Age > Steam > A Song I Heard the Ocean Sing > Gotta Jibboo > Suzy Greenberg > Character Zero

ENCORE: The Horse > Silent in the Morning > Tweezer Reprise
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: 09-02 Commerce City, CO

Postby ErrandWolfe » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:03 am

I yelled at Trey during a silent part during songs to play Scent of a Mule, everyone in my section said "He heard you for sure" ( i was close on Page side), they went into "Miss You"...Sorry, I tried!

Amazing fucking show! 46 Days of Tweez!
Here's a place of elegance...
ErrandWolfe

Re: 09-02 Commerce City, CO

Postby Harpua » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:38 pm

For some reason this show didn't stick with me at the time, nor has it after my re-listen. (Full disclosure: I was in a haze that entire Sunday.) The things that were memorable were the segue from Soul Planet into Possum; Mellow Mood; the Rift mini-set in the first set; the glow stick waterfall during Tweezer, but not the Tweezer itself; Manteca Age, not necessarily for good reasons - the jam was great, but the actual song part was sorta trash; and then dancing my way out of the venue as Tweezer Reprise was wrapping up.

There was a lot of good music played this weekend, and this show was largely buried by the other two shows.

Once again, it was great seeing so many people from the Pa, and their loved ones. It was a really great weekend!
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Return to 2018