10-26 Rosemont, Il - Allstate Arena

Discuss the 2017 shows!

10-26 Rosemont, Il - Allstate Arena

Postby Harpua » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:50 pm

FRIDAY 10/26/2018
ALLSTATE ARENA
Rosemont, IL

SET 1: Punch You in the Eye > Martian Monster, Axilla, Reba, My Sweet One, Mercury > Moonage Daydream, Walls of the Cave

SET 2: Tweezer > Golden Age > Frost, Limb By Limb, Sand, A Day in the Life, Possum

ENCORE: Wilson > Tweezer Reprise
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: 10-26 Rosemont, Il - Allstate Arena

Postby y0n » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:56 pm

Excellent show!
y0n

Postby Harpua » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:59 pm

^ Indeed. This is the most complete "Chicago" show in years.

Highlights: PYITE, Reba, MERCURY > Moonage Daydream, Tweezer > Golden Age > Frost, Sand, A Day in the Life, Possum.

No lows. Nothing that needs to be qualified. This is just a complete show, with excellent replay value.

Two things that need further discussion are whether or not this Mercury is the best one to date and how does this show compare to Dick's 1, Alpharetta 1, and MPP 2

Here is a picture of Phishinsky, Mrs Phishinsky, a guy named Bill, John and me before the show.

Here is John and I.

And here is a blurry picture of Sirchompsalot and I.

Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby SirChompsAlot » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:52 pm

Great seeing you Tom! Sorry I was fairly anti social with the rest of the OKPers throughout the weekend. It didn't help that I wasn't able to arrive until 7:30 the first two nights. No excuse on night 3 other than I got roaring drunk.

Back to Friday's show. Set 2 into the encore was easily the highlight of the weekend for me. PYITE and Reba were a lot of fun, and then Moonage Daydream and Walls of the Cave were a great way to close out set 1. I feel like I'm in the minority here, but Mercury doesn't do much for me. Tom and I talked about it at setbreak and he was like," yeah, I didn't think you'd like that one," lol :)

I brought my girlfriend to this show (her first Phish show), and she didn't completely hate it, so that's good I suppose. She's not a fan of the jamming, which from her perspective got a little carried away in Tweezer and Golden age. I loved those two. I didn't think I liked Golden Age, but that one made me pull a complete 180.

Anyways, I was super glad to get my Phish fix this year. Shows 16, 17, and 18 for me.
SirChompsAlot

Postby SirChompsAlot » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:55 pm

Also, the t-shirt that I wore night one is a Lynyrd Skynyrd shirt that Eli gave me (maybe I stole it?) probably 20 years ago. He bought it at the first concert he ever went to. He told me I should probably just throw it away, lol.
SirChompsAlot

Return to 2018