10-16 Albany, NY

Discuss the 2017 shows!

10-16 Albany, NY

Postby themomadans » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:00 am

PHISH, TUESDAY 10/16/2018
TIMES UNION CENTER
Albany, NY
SET 1: The Moma Dance > Tube, Theme From the Bottom > Free, Army of One, Halley's Comet > Everything's Right -> Cities > Walls of the Cave

SET 2: Ghost > No Men In No Man's Land > Piper > Twenty Years Later > Show of Life > Also Sprach Zarathustra > Character Zero

ENCORE: Harry Hood

Trey teased Under Pressure In Piper. Page teased Rhapsody in Blue at the end of Harry Hood.
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is the best
themomadans

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: 10-16 Albany, NY

Postby themomadans » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:11 am

I really enjoyed this show. It was my first time seeing an Albany show and first time seeing a tour opener. I added this show to my agenda after the Curveball cancellation (already had Hampton tickets!).

At the show I commented to somebody that Times Union Center feels like MSG mixed with a high school auditorium. Being so accustomed to MSG Phish it almost felt intimate. Walking around the venue on the inside only took a fraction of the time it takes to walk a lap inside of MSG.

One-two punch of funky jams to kick off the show. This Tube is definitely worth checking out. They're finally jamming out Tube on the regular it seems and this one is no slouch.

The transition of Theme > Free is so on point. It was so unexpected and righteous. Army of One is one of my favorite slow Phish tunes, Page always delivers.

I was almost certain they were finally going to jam Halley's but no such luck. I really want to relisten to Everything's Right -> Cities because I recall there being some sweet jamming.

Ghost > NMINML > Piper kept the energy moving right along albeit without a whole lot of exploratory jamming. TYL was a jam highlight. Really dark shit. My takeaway was that it felt like Phish was trying to hypnotize us.

Show of Life actually really impressed me when the solo came along. They brought the dynamic way down before Trey did a pretty damn blissful solo. Goes to show they don't always just throw songs like this in there willy-nilly.

01 > CZ to bring this rock concert to an energetic close. Very fun. And Hood is among the most satisfying encore songs in my opinion. Great way to close the first show of this tour.

Driving 3+ hours back to the Jersey Shore and working the next day (even though I was able to come in later) certainly added to the charm and experience of this one. No regrets whatsoever about going solo to what others may have written off as a non-necessary weekday show before Hampton weekend. :thumbup: :ugeek:
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is the best
themomadans

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to 2018