who are the other songwriters?

Undermind Discussion

Postby miketoda » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:47 pm

here is something I never hear about... in the liner notes for undermind, if you look at the songwriting credits, there are a few names I do not recognize...
i don't have the album with me, but aside from anastasio/marshall, there are a few tunes that are credited to an additional person or two... did they trey take additional help with the songs? or just the lyrics?
anybody have any idea?
miketoda

Postby rastabilly » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:27 pm

do the names Fishman, McConnell or Gordon ring any bells?

I know that Mike wrote Access Me and Page wrote Army of One... I think Fish wrote Tomorrow's Song. I just checked phish.com and apparently the strings on Secret Smile were arranged by Maria Schneider. If memory serves me correctly, she's a pretty famous big band director/composer.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This isn't who it would be if it wasn't #2.

Listen to my band! www.opencountryjoy.bandcamp.com
rastabilly
Undercover Wook

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby miketoda » Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:34 pm

ha ha ha... smartass. Pick up your copy of the album and go into the booklet. Again, I don't have it with me , I am at work, but there are some other names in there.
miketoda

Re: who are the other songwriters?

Postby TanasRoot » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:40 pm

so i dug into this issue a little bcuz ... i dunno... and one of these "mystery" co-writers is Scott Herman. he's a friend of Tom Marshall's and apparently a writer too and his lyric contributions have been showing up occasionally in Phish compositions since they wrote Cavern. I also came across a Tom interview where he says Scott is his "first line of defense" at reading and considering his new writings.

so for the moment this thread has become the official shoutout to Scott Herman and his words which lead to phish musical badassery :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"I'm not making this up..."
TanasRoot

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Undermind