Postby the dooj » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:48 pm

^Anyone?

As in, "I beg it all trune for you"?
"The good outnumber you, and we always will."
the dooj

Blog: View Blog (1)

Wilson

Postby Atoms » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:37 am

I really dug the Wilson/Buried Alive combo but the YEM>Wilson>YEM was just really special. ;)
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
we are all being pursed. some have been found, some are still running. some will keep running until they get to the end of the road, straight off the proverbial cliff. you don't have to turn back, you just have to turn around.
Atoms
The Awoken

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Wilson

Postby booztravlr » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:25 pm

Who's got my 80's version where there is one dude in the crowd yelling 'Willllllsoooooooon' as the band plays the intro? It's been many years since I listened to this show and I just can't recall what one it is. It might be me but I found it both awesome and hilarious when I heard this specific version many years ago. It's awesome in the fact that one guy knows the song that well in the 80's and he is singing the intro way before the crowd ever took part in doing so and also hilarious because it's just one dude singing a song while no one around him probably has any idea what's going on.

[edit]
I decided to get down to the bottom of this. Using the http://www.phish.net 'every time played' feature and http://www.phishtracks.com complete streaming show list I started in 1988 to see if I could find the elusive show with the first fan Wilson chanter. The first instance I heard the band singing the Wilson intro was 1998-03-11 so hopefully I chose the correct starting point of 1988. 1990-01-27 was the first in a series of Wilsons that starts off with a sweet guitar shredding by Trey. It's just the Wilson chords but after listening to dozens of the same ba-dum, ba-dum intro this was a nice change of pace and gives the song a more rock feel to it. This style of intro lasted for a couple months. At this point the crowds are growing noticeably larger and I'm all but certain now this had to be a show outside of the northeast. Now I'm through 1991 and need to stop. I know it was from the 80's! Maybe I cut them off too early and instead need to listen until the lyrics start up the next time through.

Looks like 1987-08-21 was the first band Wilson chant. Soon after I'm back in and through 1988 to no avail.
the eleven | To weird to live, to rare to die.
booztravlr
Mr Boombastic

Postby booztravlr » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:43 pm

Super bump. Listening to 1994-06-26 (Gamehoist show) and I may have finally found the chanter. It's only a couple times before the band gets too loud to hear but I'll assume this was the show I was searching for. My theory of this show being outside of the northeast holds, as this was the first time they played in WV.
the eleven | To weird to live, to rare to die.
booztravlr
Mr Boombastic

Postby Katiemay » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:33 pm

booztravlr wrote:Super bump. Listening to 1994-06-26 (Gamehoist show) and I may have finally found the chanter. It's only a couple times before the band gets too loud to hear but I'll assume this was the show I was searching for. My theory of this show being outside of the northeast holds, as this was the first time they played in WV.

That is awesome. Your effort does not go unappreciated!
Katiemay

Previous

Return to Wading in the Velvet Sea - The Wedge