What show are you listening to right now?

Live Phish discussion.

Re: What show are you listening to right now?

Postby Highway_Bill » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:13 pm

watching a nice video of this show:
Saturday, 02/22/2003
U.S. Bank Arena, Cincinnati, OH
Set 1: The Sloth, Dogs Stole Things, Piper -> Weekapaug Groove, Dirt > Scent of a Mule, Walls of the Cave, Mountains in the Mist, Sample in a Jar
Set 2: Tube > Bathtub Gin[1], Friday > David Bowie, Bug
Encore: Suzy Greenberg
[1] Down-tempo DEG tease and a Mr. Completely tease.
Notes: For the first known time, Weekapaug was played without Mike’s Song (possibly to bring closure to the Mike’s Song a night earlier). Gin included a down-tempo DEG tease and a Mr. Completely tease.
Awesome Piper -> Weekapaug, and Tub > Gin
WAZUP MA SHNIGGYS!
Highway_Bill
Good

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby hosemasterflex » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:58 am

6/19/2012 Portsmouth, VA

I
Sample in a Jar
Party Time
Simple >
Axilla
Tube
Kill Devil Falls
Water in the Sky >
Horn
Babylon Baby
Bathtub Gin >
Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan
I Didn't Know >
Run Like an Antelope

II
Back on the Train >
Rift
Split Open and Melt >
The Mango Song >
Backwards Down the Number Line
Limb By Limb
Shine a Light
Lengthwise ->
Maze
Cavern >
Fire

E:
Mexican Cousin >
Slave to the Traffic Light

I chose this show, just to play a few songs. Ended up leaving the whole thing on, based on its good-lookin' setlist.
:geek:
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Highway_Bill » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:16 pm

Revisiting this one. What a fun show!
Friday, 07/02/2010
Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre - Charlotte, Charlotte, NC
Set 1: Buried Alive > AC/DC Bag[1] > Vultures, Wolfman's Brother, Back on the Train, The Wedge, Mexican Cousin, Stash, Sparkle > Chalk Dust Torture
Set 2: Drowned > 46 Days > Twenty Years Later > The Lizards, Carini > Fuck Your Face > Also Sprach Zarathustra > You Enjoy Myself[2]
Encore: A Day in the Life
[1] Buried Alive teases.
[2] Fuck Your Face and Moving in Stereo teases; vocal jam included portions of Proud Mary and Get Back, along with Dong Work for Yuda and Slow Ride quotes.
Notes: This show featured the first Fuck Your Face since April 29, 1987 (1,411 shows). AC/DC Bag contained Buried Alive teases. YEM contained Fuck Your Face and Moving in Stereo (The Cars) teases. The YEM vocal jam included portions of Proud Mary and Get Back interspersed with Dong Work for Yuda (Frank Zappa) and Slow Ride quotes.
WAZUP MA SHNIGGYS!
Highway_Bill
Good

Postby GratefulPhish » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:08 am

^^both were a fucking blast, in two very different manners actually
rather be on tour..
GratefulPhish

Postby Highway_Bill » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:02 pm

Finally getting into some 2000. My old collection was seriously lacking 2000 but now that i have like every show i've been really digging into some. This is probably my favorite i've heard so far. almost thru with the piper, can't wait to hear the tube!

Friday, 09/15/2000
Hersheypark Stadium, Hershey, PA
Soundcheck: Guy Forget -> Mirror in the Bathroom, Dog Log
Set 1: First Tube, Gotta Jibboo, Corinna, Birds of a Feather, Windora Bug, Run Like an Antelope[1], Golgi Apparatus, Bittersweet Motel
Set 2: Piper > The Lizards, Tube > Jam[2] > When the Circus Comes, Character Zero
Encore: Possum
[1] Tom Marshall and his daughter, Anna, sang the "Rye Rye Rocco" lyrics. Yakety Sax (the Benny Hill Show theme) tease.
[2] The jam out of Tube reprised Tube proper.
Notes: Antelope featured Tom Marshall and his daughter, Anna, singing the “Rye Rye Rocco” lyrics. Antelope also included a Yakety Sax (the Benny Hill Show theme) tease. The jam out of Tube reprised Tube proper.
WAZUP MA SHNIGGYS!
Highway_Bill
Good

Postby Buster » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:37 am

Island Tour. This show will be with me tomorrow as well.

04/04/1998
Providence Civic Center, Providence, RI

I: Tweezer > Taste, Bouncing Around the Room, Funky Bitch, Ginseng Sullivan, Limb By Limb, Lawn Boy, Character Zero

II: Birds of a Feather > Also Sprach Zarathustra[1] > Brother[2], Ghost[3] -> The Lizards, David Bowie

E: Harry Hood

[1] Unfinished.
[2] With short instrumental reprise; brief DEG tease.
[3] Can't Turn You Loose tease.
Buster
The NorEaster

Postby Highway_Bill » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:06 am

listening to this one for the first time in a while. Sally -> Ghost -> 2001 is NASTY

Saturday, 12/11/1999
First Union Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA
Set 1: Harry Hood > Mike's Song > Simple > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, When the Circus Comes, Scent of a Mule, Cavern
Set 2: Boogie On Reggae Woman, Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley[1] -> Ghost -> Also Sprach Zarathustra > Down with Disease
Encore: Possum[2]
[1] Began with an AC/DC Bag tease. No vocal jam.
[2] All Fall Down signal.
WAZUP MA SHNIGGYS!
Highway_Bill
Good

Postby PardonMe Doug » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:36 pm

09/17/1999
Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, CA

Set 1: Mozambique, Guyute, Ghost > Lawn Boy > Peaches en Regalia > The Moma Dance, Water in the Sky, When the Circus Comes, Back on the Train > David Bowie, The Squirming Coil

Set 2: Runaway Jim > Sand, Piper > Roggae, You Enjoy Myself[1] -> Jam[2], Wolfman's Brother[3] > Cold Rain and Snow[4]

Encore: Viola Lee Blues[5]

[1] No vocal jam; Phil Lesh on a second bass guitar.
[2] Bass jam; Phil Lesh on a second bass guitar.
[3] Phil Lesh on a second bass guitar.
[4] Phish debut; Phil Lesh on a second bass guitar.
[5] Phish debut; Phil Lesh on a second bass guitar and Warren Haynes on guitar.

Fuck yeah. Juicy
PardonMe Doug

Postby Highway_Bill » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:35 am

Wednesday, 07/01/1998
The Grey Hall, Freetown Christiana, Copenhagen, Denmark
Set 1: NICU > Sample in a Jar, My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own, The Moma Dance, Down with Disease -> Dog Faced Boy > Piper, Waste > Chalk Dust Torture
Set 2: Tweezer[1] > Also Sprach Zarathustra[2] > Loving Cup > My Soul, Sweet Adeline
Encore: Harry Hood
[1] No Quarter tease from Trey.
[2] Long Train Runnin' teases.
Notes: Tweezer included a No Quarter tease from Trey and 2001 contained Long Train Runnin' teases.

SICK show. phish comin hot outta the gates as usual! Moma DWD Tweez and 2001 all awesome. the disease RIPS standard jam gets dark the drops of into space. then outta the space Trey comes back in with the main disease guitar line with SUCH high energy to finish it then out of the ending a cool little outro jam forms and slides nicely into DFB. and the Tweezer > 2001 is just pure funky/spacey awesome
WAZUP MA SHNIGGYS!
Highway_Bill
Good

Postby Highway_Bill » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:10 pm

Couldn't sleep so i'm revisiting this. WOW is all i can say. My first show, and a great one if i say so.

WAZUP MA SHNIGGYS!
Highway_Bill
Good

Postby mafujon » Thu May 09, 2013 6:50 pm

Link Tuesday, 04/15/1986
University of Vermont, Burlington, VT

Set 1: AC/DC Bag > Dear Mrs. Reagan, Prep School Hippie, Quinn the Eskimo -> Slave to the Traffic Light, Makisupa Policeman, Have Mercy, All Blues[1] > Dog Log > Possum[2], You Enjoy Myself, Anarchy, Camel Walk -> Alumni Blues > Letter to Jimmy Page > Alumni Blues

[1] First known Phish performance; approximately one minute long.
[2] Music Never Stopped tease.

Performers: Trey Anastasio, Page McConnell, Jon Fishman, Mike Gordon, Jeff Holdsworth

Notes: The band was introduced by Trey as the “Bob Dylan Band” before a jam that led into a short All Blues (the first known Phish performance; it was only about a minute long). Dog Log was dedicated to all of the dogs that are running around -- including Marley the Wonder Dog. Possum included a Music Never Stopped tease.
“Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music.”
― George Carlin
mafujon

Postby Highway_Bill » Sun May 19, 2013 12:49 am

Sunday, 07/04/2010
Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park, Alpharetta, GA

Set 1: The Star Spangled Banner, Punch You In the Eye > Colonel Forbin's Ascent > Fly Famous Mockingbird, Camel Walk, Ocelot, Heavy Things > My Friend, My Friend > Lawn Boy, David Bowie, Gotta Jibboo

Set 2: Down with Disease[1] > Piper > Ghost > Waste, Julius > Mike's Song > Tela, Harpua[2] > Killing in the Name[3] > Harpua > Weekapaug Groove

Encore: First Tube

[1] Unfinished.
[2] London Bridge Is Falling Down tease.
[3] Phish debut.
Notes: Disease was unfinished. Harpua contained a tease of London Bridge Is Falling Down. This show marked the Phish debut of Killing in the Name (Rage Against the Machine).

Great show! hadn't heard it in about a year. They were ON this night.
WAZUP MA SHNIGGYS!
Highway_Bill
Good

Postby willbreathes » Tue May 28, 2013 12:01 am

Watching:

Wednesday, 06/25/1997
L’Aeronef, Lille, France

Set 1: Olivia's Pool, Dogs Stole Things, Taste, Billy Breathes, AC/DC Bag, The Old Home Place, Theme From the Bottom, Wading in the Velvet Sea, Saw It Again, Limb By Limb, My Soul

Set 2: Down with Disease -> Piper -> Down with Disease[1] -> Meatstick[2] -> McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters[3] > Makisupa Policeman[4], Cecilia[5] > Hold Your Head Up > Rock A William, Run Like an Antelope[6]

Encore: Guyute

[1] Can't You Hear Me Knocking teases.
[2] Debut.
[3] Makisupa teases.
[4] Unfinished.
[5] Phish debut; performed a cappella by Fishman.
[6] Crew introductions and a mention of Antelope Greg.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby willbreathes » Wed May 29, 2013 12:04 am

^ Watching set two now, rage time.
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby Highway_Bill » Wed May 29, 2013 12:51 am

Woah woah woah. Where did you get that? i've been looking for full video of that for forever! PM if you could help me out
WAZUP MA SHNIGGYS!
Highway_Bill
Good

Postby willbreathes » Wed May 29, 2013 12:56 am

I honestly don't know if I have DVD copying capabilities anymore. It has been many years... but I will try to make a copy... I think I may have some DVDs around here somewhere.

Don't expect even decent video though, the show is fire however. Good background stuff, like when OKP'ing.
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby Highway_Bill » Fri May 31, 2013 4:33 am

Word just shoot me a pm if you could help a brother out or even create a torrent if you know how, that'd be huge, and i'd seed it for you. Just shoot me a pm if you can get something figured out
WAZUP MA SHNIGGYS!
Highway_Bill
Good

Postby willbreathes » Fri May 31, 2013 10:22 pm

Pouring cats and dogs outside... drinking a Columbus Summer Teeth... and watching:

Sunday, 02/16/1997
Alter Wartesaal, Cologne, Germany

Set 1: Beauty of My Dreams[1], Split Open and Melt, Bouncing Around the Room, Crosseyed and Painless > Guelah Papyrus, Ginseng Sullivan > Tweezer, Waste > Cavern > Chalk Dust Torture

Set 2: Sample in a Jar > Cars Trucks Buses, Free, Sparkle > Simple -> When the Circus Comes, Swept Away > Steep -> David Bowie, Loving Cup > Tweezer Reprise

Encore: Theme From the Bottom > Johnny B. Goode

[1] Phish debut.

Pro-shot, SBD, starts in Melt jam.
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby Highway_Bill » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:03 am

Friday, 10/15/2010
North Charleston Coliseum, North Charleston, SC

Set 1: Punch You In the Eye > Possum, Bathtub Gin, Bill Bailey, Won't You Please Come Home?[1], Boogie On Reggae Woman, Destiny Unbound, Backwards Down the Number Line, Bouncing Around the Room, Stash, Joy, Buffalo Bill, Dog Faced Boy, Run Like an Antelope[2]

Set 2: Down with Disease[3] > Prince Caspian[3] > Twist, Roses Are Free > My Friend, My Friend > My Problem Right There, Tube > Mike's Song > The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Mexican Cousin, Weekapaug Groove, Suzy Greenberg > Slave to the Traffic Light

Encore: Character Zero

[1] Dr. Jack McConnell on vocals and tap shoes.
[2] "Mike-O" substituted for "Marco Esquandolas."
[3] Unfinished.
Notes: Bill Bailey featured Page’s dad, Dr. Jack McConnell, on vocals and tap shoes. Antelope's Marco Esquandolas lyric was changed to "Mike-O." Disease and Caspian were unfinished.
WAZUP MA SHNIGGYS!
Highway_Bill
Good

Postby Highway_Bill » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:29 am

Finishing up this:

Friday, 06/03/2011
DTE Energy Music Theater, Clarkston, MI

Soundcheck: The Joker [unconfirmed and possibly incomplete]

Set 1: Wolfman's Brother, Funky Bitch, Sample in a Jar, NICU[1], Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Tela > Chalk Dust Torture, The Wedge

Set 2: Down with Disease[2] -> Fluffhead > David Bowie, Waste > Also Sprach Zarathustra[3] > Cavern
Encore: Good Times Bad Times

[1] Happy birthday wish from Trey to Mike; Happy Birthday tease from Trey.
[2] Happy Birthday tease and A Love Supreme jam; unfinished.
[3] Get Up (I Feel Like Being a) Sex Machine and Super Bad teases from Trey.
Notes: During NICU, Trey wished Mike a happy birthday. NICU subsequently contained a Happy Birthday tease from Trey. Happy Birthday was teased before and during Disease. Disease also featured a jam based on A Love Supreme and was unfinished. Also Sprach Zarathustra contained Get Up (I Feel Like Being a) Sex Machine and Super Bad teases from Trey.

Starting up this (due to recommendation from show discussion):

Tuesday, 10/24/1995
Dane County Coliseum, Madison, WI

Soundcheck: Dog Log, Taste

Set 1: My Friend, My Friend, Paul and Silas, Taste That Surrounds[1], Fee[2] -> Llama, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Demand > Maze, Wolfman's Brother, Acoustic Army, Prince Caspian, Split Open and Melt

Set 2: Julius, Theme From the Bottom, Bouncing Around the Room, You Enjoy Myself -> Sleeping Monkey[3] > Run Like an Antelope, Contact > Cavern

Encore: A Day in the Life

[1] Debut.
[2] Trey sang verses through megaphone.
[3] Started a cappella.
Notes: Taste That Surrounds made its debut. Trey sang the verses of Fee through a megaphone. Sleeping Monkey segued out of the YEM vocal jam and was started a cappella.
WAZUP MA SHNIGGYS!
Highway_Bill
Good

Postby Highway_Bill » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:25 pm

Saturday, 12/18/1999
Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA

Set 1: Harry Hood, Back at the Chicken Shack, Dog Log, Tube, Heavy Things, Back on the Train, First Tube, The Inlaw Josie Wales[1], You Enjoy Myself

Set 2: Also Sprach Zarathustra[2] > Sand, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Possum, Mike's Song > Simple, Weekapaug Groove -> Buffalo Bill > Weekapaug Groove[3]

Encore: Ya Mar, Sleeping Monkey

[1] Trey on acoustic guitar.
[2] Do You Feel Like We Do tease.
[3] Norwegian Wood and Buffalo Bill teases.
Notes: Dog Log was dedicated to Paul Languedoc. Afterwards, the band reprised the song for a few seconds after Trey remarked how much he liked it. Inlaw Josie Wales featured Trey on acoustic guitar. 2001 included Do You Feel Like We Do (Peter Frampton) teases; Trey also introduced Fishman as ‘Bob Mayonnaise’, likely a reference to Bob Mayo, who played keys on Frampton Comes Alive. Weekapaug included Norwegian Wood and Buffalo Bill teases.

BOB MAYONAISE ~!!!!
WAZUP MA SHNIGGYS!
Highway_Bill
Good

Postby Highway_Bill » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:57 pm

Sunday, 09/04/2011
Dick's Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO

Set 1: Maze, Back on the Train[1] > Rift > Bathtub Gin[2], The Way It Goes[3], Halfway to the Moon, Gumbo, Halley's Comet > Tube[4] > Timber (Jerry) > Roses Are Free > Chalk Dust Torture

Set 2: Rock and Roll -> Come Together[5] -> Twist[6] -> Piper[7] > Harry Hood > Roggae > Ghost[8] -> Guy Forget -> Ghost[9], Walls of the Cave[10]

Encore: Backwards Down the Number Line

[1] Sneakin' Sally tease from Trey.
[2] Low Rider tease from Trey.
[3] Streets of Cairo tease from Page; Phish debut.
[4] Charlie Chan theme tease from Trey.
[5] Incomplete.
[6] Low Rider tease/jam.
[7] Page on theremin.
[8] Oye Como Va teases.
[9] Guy Forget quote.
[10] Rock And Roll quotes from Page.

Notes: This was the third of three Pay Per view performances. This show featured the first Maze opener since December 9, 1995 (536 shows), the first Come Together (albeit incomplete) since December 8, 1995 (537 shows), and the first Guy Forget since October 1, 2000 (199 shows). Back on the Train contained a brief Sneakin' Sally tease from Trey. Bathtub Gin contained Low Rider teases from Trey and Twist subsequently contained a brief Low Rider tease/jam. The Phish debut of Gillian Welch's The Way It Goes included a Streets of Cairo tease from Page. Tube featured a Charlie Chan theme tease by Trey. Towards the end of Chalk Dust, Trey made an "Ssssssss" sound, referring to Friday, September 2, 2011's "S" songtitled show. Piper featured Page on theremin. Ghost contained Oye Como Va teases. After Guy Forget, the end of Ghost contained a Guy Forget quote. Walls of the Cave featured Rock and Roll quotes from Page.
WAZUP MA SHNIGGYS!
Highway_Bill
Good

Postby Highway_Bill » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:44 pm

Wednesday, 06/14/1995
Mud Island Amphitheater, Memphis, TN

Set 1: Don't You Want To Go?, Gumbo > NICU, Mound, Cavern > Possum, All Things Reconsidered, Amazing Grace[1], The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Spock's Brain > Split Open and Melt

Set 2: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Poor Heart > Tweezer[2], Acoustic Army, While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Encore: Simple[3], Rocky Top > Tweezer Reprise

[1] Without microphones.
[2] 50+ minutes; Gypsy Queen jam, 2001 tease, Slave-like jam, and Digital Delay Loop Jam with whistling.
[3] Jump Monk tease from Trey, a cappella ending.
Notes: Don’t You Wanna Go was preceded by a Stairway to Heaven tease. This 50+ minute Tweezer included a brief Gypsy Queen Jam, a 2001 tease, a Slave-like jam, and a Digital Delay Loop Jam with whistling. Simple contained a Jump Monk tease from Trey and was performed with an a cappella ending instead of a jam, akin to the ALO version from December 8, 1994. Amazing Grace was performed without microphones.
WAZUP MA SHNIGGYS!
Highway_Bill
Good

Postby Highway_Bill » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:32 pm

Listening to this show from the exact day i was born. 91 Phish is awesome.

Saturday, 03/16/1991
Ten Mile Room, Breckenridge, CO

Set 1: The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday > Avenu Malkenu > The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday > Golgi Apparatus, Reba, The Landlady > Bathtub Gin, The Curtain > Rocky Top, Colonel Forbin's Ascent > Fly Famous Mockingbird > The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > Suzy Greenberg[1] > Run Like an Antelope

Set 2: Llama, Divided Sky, Guelah Papyrus, My Sweet One, Split Open and Melt, Magilla > Buried Alive > The Squirming Coil > Cavern, You Enjoy Myself

Encore: Manteca > Possum[2]

[1] Reba tease.
[2] Manteca tease in intro; Charlie Chan and Complete Stop signals.
Notes: Take Five was teased prior to the start of the first set. Forbin's was dedicated to Mike from Telluride. Suzy included a Reba tease. Possum contained a Manteca tease in the intro and Charlie Chan and Complete Stop signals. A show on this date was originally scheduled for the Marriott Ballroom in Vail, CO; that show was cancelled. This Breckenridge gig was originally scheduled for Thursday, March 14, and was a late reschedule.
WAZUP MA SHNIGGYS!
Highway_Bill
Good

Postby Highway_Bill » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:44 pm

Just got the box set

Wednesday, 07/30/1997
Ventura County Fairgrounds, Ventura, CA

Soundcheck: Twist (with Chuck E’s in Love lyrics), Blues Jam, Makisupa Policeman

Set 1: NICU > Wolfman's Brother[1] > Chalk Dust Torture, Water in the Sky, Stash, Weigh > Piper > Cars Trucks Buses, Character Zero

Set 2: Punch You In the Eye > Free > David Bowie[2] -> Cities -> David Bowie, Bouncing Around the Room, Uncle Pen, Prince Caspian > Fire

Encore: My Soul

[1] Take Me to the River jam.
[2] Simpsons signal in intro.
Notes: Wolfman’s included a Take Me to the River jam. The Bowie intro included a Simpsons signal; Matt Groening, creator of The Simpsons, was reportedly in attendance. This show was released as part of the Ventura box set.
WAZUP MA SHNIGGYS!
Highway_Bill
Good

PreviousNext

Return to Live Phish