Postby alright » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:30 pm

thanks for the advice and no im using a pc
#23 So back off
alright
Teh Taintless Wonder

Blog: View Blog (0)

etree picks

Postby zoot horn rollo » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:58 am

unfortunately the comments on etree and in the db suggest that these recordings [edit: i'm refering to the 11-9-95 > 11-11-95 run] are sub par. if anyone downloads them i would be grateful for a run-down on the quality.

btw, i just snagged the 12/7/95 (week4paug answered my request!) and it sounds pretty decent. people were raving about the quality in the comment section and while it is good there is a bit of distance to it... its not the fullest sound. fish comes up heavy and not enough mike. once your head is in the sound its quite listenable though - and its a fun show. the mikes>week >delay loop is worth a listen.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
zoot horn rollo
Subcomandante

etree picks

Postby asihtos » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:12 am

i just finished leeching 8/16/93 and it's a monumental show, but the sound kind of ruins the experience. it's definitely not that best.
asihtos

etree picks

Postby zoot horn rollo » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:41 pm

smart man... looks like trey has released some select sbd tracks for circulation. here's the link:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=19805

i'll post on the content once i have taken a listen.

edit: it just stopped dead in its tracks... wonder if they're gonna pull it. i'll update...

edit: pulled. guess it wasn't legit... although the poster's name was "trey archives"... anyway, it would definitely behoove trey to release some stuff. hell, i'm not a big 70vp fan but i was going to give it a good listen. (btw, you like how i dropped a 'behoove' in there? man i'm a freakin scholar.)

edit: ok i was right the first time... here's the message Ben left from tour:

Sorry for dropping the seed soon after this went up. We were having internet issues out here on the road so there may be slow upload speeds (I seem to be capped at 45kb/s). Negotiations are currently in progress with Columbia in regards to releasing full shows on LivePhish.com, which we hope will happen in the near future. Until that time, Trey wanted to get some Soundboard quality music out to the fans as soon as possible and thus, we have "Midwest Soup."

Enjoy!
Ben Collette
Trey Archives
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
zoot horn rollo
Subcomandante

etree picks

Postby yem » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:30 am

im leeching that 12/4/96 show right now and im excited to give it a listen. i remember reading 3 or 4 reviews on it a long time ago and its been on my wanted list for quite a long time! :)

The 2nd set looks great. I'm looking forward to this one too. Just another show to add onto my ever growing "Shows to download" folder in bookmarks....
yem

etree picks

Postby zoot horn rollo » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:32 am

if you've ever wondered what the hell mike is saying in the jibberish section of ya mar, the 8/24/93 up at etree has the answer. he slows it down to regular speed the third go... and this is what emerges:

"Everybody has to look at it from my side, cause I say,
if you're gonna rectify my finger, then I'm going to rectify you're finger."

what a crazy crazy man.

btw, its an sbd. and i don't know if its the only mikes>ginseng but i really like that combo. very cool. (although the weekapaug that follows is pretty poor)
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
zoot horn rollo
Subcomandante

etree picks

Postby maelzoid » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:38 pm

I've just downloaded 97-08-17 aka 2nd day of the great went in crispy SBD. The link is as follows

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=4415

There are five seeders at the moment and I'm happy to stay on board if people are interested. A legendary days worth of Phish by all accounts.
maelzoid

etree picks

Postby zoot horn rollo » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:38 am

the 9.28.99 that just went up sounds really nice. crisp up front sound with just enough audience noise to capture that vibe. the tweezer>makisupa is worth a listen. one of those rare moments where audience clapping is beneficial to the performance... spurs the makisupa. (i usually hate the clap... but if the chick is hot sometimes its worth it.)
zoot horn rollo
Subcomandante

etree picks

Postby zoot horn rollo » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:52 am

yeah dog! marmar just threw up a remastered version of 3.13.92 - you have to hear the big black furry antelope... its rediculus. at one point trey uses his petals to play a reggae beat backwards and then the rest of the band grooves over top. definitely crazy shit. and, with the new fluffhead thread in mind, you should also check out the fluff - the end jam has so much energy it nearly explodes. if you have never understood why people are into early phish grab this and you will see why. it was my first tape and i am pumped to get the digital.

edit: btw, the reverse jam occurs at 8:18 in antelope (listening to it now) - listen from 8:10 or so to hear the original riff... anyone know of any other time he has recorded and reversed? can't imagine he only did this once.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
zoot horn rollo
Subcomandante

etree picks

Postby willbreathes » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:59 am

yeah dog! marmar just threw up a remastered version of 3.13.92 - you have to hear the big black furry antelope... its rediculus. at one point trey uses his petals to play a reggae beat backwards and then the rest of the band grooves over top. definitely crazy shit. and, with the new fluffhead thread in mind, you should also check out the fluff - the end jam has so much energy it nearly explodes. if you have never understood why people are into early phish grab this and you will see why. it was my first tape and i am pumped to get the digital.

Yes! I just mentioned this in the 'Best Version of... Antelope' thread. This was my favorite Antelope, and one of the first shows I heard.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

etree picks

Postby goldenroad » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:57 am

THEY HAVE STARTED SEEDING FALL '97...I am making sure I get every show...I only have 11/17,21,22,30 and 12/6 and 12/31...I can't wait!
goldenroad
Undercover Wook

etree picks

Postby willbreathes » Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:03 pm

THEY HAVE STARTED SEEDING FALL '97...I am making sure I get every show...I only have 11/17,21,22,30 and 12/6 and 12/31...I can't wait!

No 12/7? Good thing "Phall '97" has started!
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

etree picks

Postby alright » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:49 pm

they've got the fall 97 up and running. 11/17/97 is up there today
#23 So back off
alright
Teh Taintless Wonder

etree picks

Postby goldenroad » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:17 pm

I've got 11/13, 14 & 16 already...I'm definately not going to download an audience source of 11/17, but...I can't wait for the whole 11/19 show.
goldenroad
Undercover Wook

etree picks

Postby goghoti » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:56 am

ahh, phall 97...
goghoti

etree picks

Postby zoot horn rollo » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:00 am

so far i've downloaded the 11.13.97 and the 11.14.97... the 13th is a much cleaner recording but the sound is somewhat distant. all four of them come through clearly but you can definitely hear the room. the 14th seems to be a more "in your face" recording - very full sound - but it is muddy and the bass gets boomy. there's also some phasing... of the two, stricly in terms of quality, i'm more inclined to keep the 13th.

can anyone give the low down on any others they have tried?

edit: on a side note, the slow green river jam before hydrogen on the 13th is very cool.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
zoot horn rollo
Subcomandante

etree picks

Postby jamphandan » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:27 pm

damnit, i'm trying to get my hands on phall 97 but etree seems to be down for me at the moment. is anyone else getting this:

DB Error: connect failed

when they try to hop on bt.etree.org?

Might this be related to the GD SBD BS?
jamphandan
Trans-Atlantic Wook

etree picks

Postby goldenroad » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:36 pm

I've had this happen before, but not for many months...probably just server problems...I'm sure it will be back up in no time.
goldenroad
Undercover Wook

etree picks

Postby jamphandan » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:44 pm

cool B

I'll check back in a bit
jamphandan
Trans-Atlantic Wook

etree picks

Postby zoot horn rollo » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:32 am

so just thought i'd pass along that 11.22.97 has decent sound and is worth the download if only for (what i call) the black eyed tweezer... the b.e.k. themes come in minutes after the jam segment gets underway... and the funk doesn't quit. the sound is good... i'd like mike to be a bit more prominent but in general its as full as these 97's are getting without being boomy. the 11.23.97 may be a bit sharper but i like the performance here more. the 30 min gin just doesn't do it for me... but i must say the stash>nicu is cool.

i just got back from holiday so i'm going to try and play catch up with these 97's... i'll try to throw down notes on quality and highlights, although i'm sure most of you who use etree are probably doing the same sampling that i am. i just think it helps when deciding what to prioritize...
zoot horn rollo
Subcomandante

etree picks

Postby zoot horn rollo » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:01 am

hey can someone point me toward some of the 'must have' dead shows on etree right now? the dead corporation cracked down and eliminated the archives so people are flooding what they have onto etree. looks like suits might start cracking down on torrents trading as well so i'd like to grab some while they're flowin. thanks.
zoot horn rollo
Subcomandante

etree picks

Postby willbreathes » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:07 pm

In my opinion, grab anything and everything from '69-79. Generally, that is my favorite Dead. Doesn't really matter which show, you can't be too picky on etree. I used to be picky on Llama, but damn sometimes change sucks.
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

etree picks

Postby UB-40 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:31 pm

There's a Phish show on there right now from Memphis '94 at the Orpheum. I'm only half way done listening to the first set and I'm blown away. It contains the most flawless Reba I've ever heard in my life. I recommend downloading while you can.

-Daniel
#∞
You are a person who is high class. You are a person not in my class.
UB-40

etree picks

Postby zoot horn rollo » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:00 am

an fob of mmw with trey (12.1.00) is up and sounds great. some very minor static but overall a gem of an aud. might be a good way for some new folks to break into the mmw sound. check it.

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=20428

by the way, i haven't listen to mmw in a while... mid 90's and damn have they improved. (the shackman era was cool but somewhat one dimensional... this shit is all over the boards) the first set of the show is bad ass as well. i've listened to the angel race>nostalgia several times now. then i grabbed one of the '05 radio show gigs and shit.. looks like my collection just gained a fresh shoot.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zoot horn rollo
Subcomandante

etree picks

Postby zoot horn rollo » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:06 pm

so i just grabbed 12.2.97... and shit that dog faced boy is cool... never thought i'd say that because its a pretty straight forward song but this one is the exception. done in an up-tempo beat with a good two minute intro/segue... well worth the listen. the segue into ya mar is pretty nice and the weekapaug segue is pretty bad ass as well. unfotunately the quality doesn't do it justice. not horrible but i don't think i'll hang on to it.
zoot horn rollo
Subcomandante

PreviousNext

Return to Live Phish