FUNNIEST THING HEARD IN AN AUDIENCE RECORDING

Live Phish discussion.

Postby phishyeducator » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:51 pm

On one of my Dead shows from the early '80's, someone comes up to who I asssume was taping it and say "Hey! That's my seat!" "Hey, that's my seat, asshole." "Get out of my seat before I call for security, man." "I paid my money for this seat and I'm not leaving until I'm sitting in my seat." "Hey, that's my se...." a muffled thud occurs and the guy suddenly becomes quiet. I don't know what the hell happened, but it's rather disturbing to think about.
phishyeducator

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby gregradiohead » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:35 pm

The guy who was running the fob in hat, next to the fob taper of your copy, passed out right before Meatstick. During this time the mics were pulled from his head, through his shirt and onto someone else's head! It actually doesn't sound that bad considering. You can hear the drop in music as the kid falls to the ground. lol

Source that taper falls: (fob/dfc)Schoeps mk21(in hat)>kc-5>cmc6>Apogee AD-1000

Your source: (fob/dfc)Schoeps mk41(in hat)>kc-5>m222>nt222>Apogee AD-1000>HHb

LOL! I love the idea of someone with a microphone on his head passing out.
gregradiohead
Goderator

Postby eaf288 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:58 pm

On my recording of the 3/21/92 show in Philadelphia, someone keeps yelling "CRAZY TRAIN."

They never played it.
eaf288

Postby mellifluouslife » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:43 am

In my old Went tapes from Day 1, when they open with the middle of Harpua, this girl says excitedly, "Soul Shakedown, Soul Shakedown?"
mellifluouslife

Postby mellifluouslife » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:53 am

Here's another:

12.7.97...when the groove of Psycho Killer becomes so thick you can taste it, after they rip into the first chorus, some guy lets out a "WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!" that rides above the rest of the audience and captures the moment perfectly.
mellifluouslife

Postby dbphan » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:03 am

^nice
dbphan

Postby neck » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:14 am

"hey you...fuck you!...yeah you!"

or something like that...I think its in the theme from the bottom.
neck
Third Eye Warrior

Postby Swartzbaugh » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:50 pm

I was listening to a tape of the Allmans at Great Woods ('96 I think) the other night and I heard a gem that I had for gotten about. In between song you can hear this guy go "NO...it's not puff puff give..... it's puff puff PUFF give!" New rules to me.
Swartzbaugh
Green Mountain Boy

Postby KDF4LYPHE » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:16 pm

7.28.98--just as the camelwalk encore starts, some guy triumphantly yells "OH MY GOD YYYYEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!"
I LOOK TO THE STARS AND THE ANSWER IS CLEAR
I LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND SEE WHAT I FEAR
KDF4LYPHE
_________

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby psychadelicsally » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:20 pm

On my copy of 9/29/00 I can here someone saying "its ok, its ok, he just needs to sitdown"-sounded like someone was all messed up and freakin out and was gettin help from his buddy. Then the Meatstick starts and you here his buddy sayin "get up, get up, get up"
I just think its funny cause this guy was all worried about his friend freakin out at first but when the Meatstick comes on hes like "this is no time to be sitting down, get your ass up"

HAHAHA that is the most awesome story...so true!
psychadelicsally

Postby axillaptiii » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:29 am

This thread is great. I wish i could hear some of these.
axillaptiii
Ax-Mas

Postby roses18 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:20 am

the jiboo one sounds funny. just some real fucked up kid pumped about hearing the song he knew. haha. i havent heard anyone call a song wrong but that would be funny.

i do have the 12/11/97 recording from Rocehster and it is when they debuted Roses and at the end of the set this chick goes "what was that song they played after drowned?" (it was new at the time but roses is tight so idk.
roses18

Postby phoosman » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:24 pm

The first official Trey show from the Higher Ground, 02-15-1999: There's this really drunk girl yelling, "Bell Bottom Bluuuuuues" thru the start of the electric set, in between every song, right up until they play it. The funny thing is she has no idea they've started playing the song until Trey sings the first verse, then you can hear her epiphany as she screams, "Oh My God!"

I know that on the tape for 08-09-1998 when the encore starts (Terrapin Station!!) you can here me scream, "OH MY GOD!!" from the lawn.

I taped that show(08-09-1998),(actually I taped the second half of that summer tour: Deer Creek through Lemonwheel). Not to burst your bubble Graphictranslation, but when Terrapin Station started...we all yelled "OH MY GOD!" :D...what a great day that was, eh?
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phoosman

Postby phoosman » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:48 pm

RIDICULOUS, OBNOXIOUS, funny things have been said countless times on shows I taped from '96-'00. One of the funniest was at a moe. show at the Copper Dragon in Carbondale, IL back in 1999, I think. My buddy was holdin' 2 joints I had rolled up before the show in his cigarette pack. I went on a beer run and while coming back, about 10 feet away from my spot, someone handed me a joint. I thought "Sweet, after I puff this I'll go back and light one of mine up and send it back this way." I get back to my spot and tell my buddy that I just puffed off of a J on the way back through and we should light up one I brought. He said "Oh yeah we just smoked one of yours, that was your own joint you were smoking off of."

haha.....but here's the funny part....

when i got back home and listened to the tape, you can here this conversation on it :

another buddy of ours come up and says:
"Let's smoke....you got any?"
My friend says, "Oh just what he (me) rolled."
The other kid says "Oh, I think he (me) said we could puff one, let's light it up."

which i didn't say, and i didn't care ...but it was just funny because the other kid totally busted himself out on the audio.

phoosman

Postby phoosman » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:56 pm

Here's another:

12.7.97...when the groove of Psycho Killer becomes so thick you can taste it, after they rip into the first chorus, some guy lets out a "WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!" that rides above the rest of the audience and captures the moment perfectly.

not that i'm the only person ever to yell WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO ....but honestly, that coulda been me.....I was on a HUGE RAGING WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO kick for a couple years. SERIOUSLY SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS. I taped that show and will bust out my original to verify this, just for a kick. The more I think about it, it does sound really familiar. A month prior to this, another show I taped 11-19-97, opened with a Julius that i WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO'ED for about the first 45 seconds of the song. Completely obnoxious to listen to, but I crack up every time i do. My friends I distributed that show to, one time or another, have givin' me shit about WOOOOOHOOOOing my ass off during that Julius and for being to loud while i taped. I just couldn't hold back sometimes...its no fun to be quiet. :P

.....just another day

woohoo,
Phoos
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
phoosman

Postby bigB » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:53 pm

On my taped copy of Binghamton 95 i hear someone say in a loud mean voice. " I don't care if you were recording this for the Pope, if you tell me to shuush one more time I'm gonna shove that microphone up you and your friends ass"!

Classic! ;D
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As he saw his life run away from him 1000's ran along chanting words from a psalm.
bigB
Wookie-Tamer

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Clark W. Griswold » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:59 pm

I don't remember the exact date, but it's a show from Pittsburg. I think it's during a "Jim" jam, you hear this guy yell to his buddy " Hey *name?*, we're all out of bud!". Funny thing is, it was early in the show!
We passed a goddamn gas station every 10 yards for 1000 miles, but when you really need one, you end up walking your ass off. This is no way to run a desert!
Praise Marty Moose!
Clark W. Griswold

Postby Funky Begonia » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:55 am

i think i heard myself screaming out on the String Cheese 4/3/04 in Oxford and the Tea Leaf Green 9/10/05 at the Knitting factory audience recordings that i found on Archive.org. those were pretty small shows though., but its still funny to be like, "hey was that me?"
Funky Begonia
Third Eye Warrior

Postby unclesketchy » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:24 pm

During a weekapaug at vegas 96 this dudes was just flippin out. "Right on, Right on" in a complete stoner tone for like 5 min.
Also listen to any Trey accoustic from 99 and 05 and you hear just some of the most absolutey rediculous requests.
unclesketchy

Postby jamieusher » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:41 am

Great thread.
jamieusher

Postby captainfantasy » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:10 am

i have a show from philly 92? and there is this dude yelling crazy train after every song. also, not sure place or date, but they are about to launch into sweet adaline and this dude is screaming for loving cup. you hear about 100 people go shhhhhh. and dude keeps screaming. then you hear (sounds like fishman or an audience member) say loving cup shut up. and everyone gets a chuckle.
captainfantasy
Scumdog

Postby New Series » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:41 am

[quote author=11alizard2 board=live thread=1138203146 post=1138293245]I have a copy of 7/16/94 and when Trey is talking about how much they love being in Vermont someone yells out "In Vermont, you do waht you want!"[/quote

Yeah man I have the same tapes. It also sounds like he says "Get Rude!"
New Series

Postby vernixx » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:06 pm

I have an old crappy AUD of my 2nd show (Greek Theatre August 1993) where you can hear someone say 'I THINK IT'S OUT...GOTTA LIGHTER?" between songs. The currently circulating AUD of the same show is different, though.

I have a SOUNDBOARD of a DEAD show where you specifically hear Bob Weir say(between songs...to Jerry): "SOMETHINGS ON FIRE BACK THERE....AND I DON'T WANNA KNOW WHAT IT IS." Forgot what show that was, though.
vernixx

Postby vernixx » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:08 pm

Night 2 of Panic Atlanta 2005 first set between songs, you hear someone yelling "FUCKING PLAY!" at the band. ON THE SOUNDBOARD!
vernixx

Postby freebaracco » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:47 pm

MMMM CHOWDA!!!!!!
Maine Clam Chowda Recipe
5 cups bottled clam juice
1 cup of flour
1 cup onion, finely diced
10 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
2 tablespoons of margarine
8 oz of cooked clams, chopped
4 medium potatoes, cooked and cut in bite sized chunks
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup light cream
1 teaspoon salt
freshly ground black pepper

Heat the clam juice in a large saucepan on medium heat. In a separate pan, melt margarine and saute the diced onions until they appear translucent. Add bacon and flour to the melted margarine and stir continuously for 5 minutes. Increase heat on clam juice to medium-high, and with a wire whisk, add flour, margarine and onion mixture to the liquid. Stir constantly, breaking up any lumps that form. Add clams and stir. Add potato chunks, milk, cream, and salt and continue stirring. Decrease heat to medium-low, and allow to simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid burning or sticking.

Serve hot with oyster crackers, adding freshly ground black pepper to taste.

If fresh clams are not available, substitute six ounces of canned clams, including the juice.

freebaracco
Iron Chef

PreviousNext

Return to Live Phish