FUNNIEST THING HEARD IN AN AUDIENCE RECORDING

Live Phish discussion.

Postby dbphan » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:32 pm

Many of our collections have had a majority of audience recorded shows weeded out of our collections due to the increasing ease of things like Phish Live DOwnload. But to me when i listen to a show recorded on the floor I love to catch things being said in or near the taper section. For instance I have this 03 Tweeter Center show where there is a two minute fight about who has the lighter. What else have you heard coming from the taper section. It will be neat to see if people recognioze the same events casue they have a copy from the same thread of tapes.
dbphan

Postby gregradiohead » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:34 pm

You know, I never paid attention to what the audience was saying...
gregradiohead
Goderator

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby UB-40 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:07 pm

I've got a Panic recording where during "Bears Gone Fishin" someone shouts out "This Sucks."

I'm sure the tapers loved that. It's like when a beach ball keeps getting closer and closer to the mics, and they all scramble like in a godzilla movie.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#∞
You are a person who is high class. You are a person not in my class.
UB-40

Postby goldenroad » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:17 pm

I can't think of any specific Phish one's either, but I know my 10/31/96 AUD has a lot of audience jabber between sets...just stuff like "What's it going to be?" "Dark Side of the Moon", etc...I like this one '73 Dead show that I have, and during a mellow "Row Jimmy" some chick is yelling at the band "I CAN'T DANCE TO THIS" "PLAY SOMETHING FASTER!"...It's a great recording otherwise...you can't hear anyone else in the audience, but this chick is yelling at them...she is pissed off.
goldenroad
Undercover Wook

Postby jawbone » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:24 pm

i have a bootleg from an undetermined show from i think '03 where they play a pretty good "Gotta Jibboo" that's pretty good but i don't remember it being all too mind-blowing. and then after it's over some kid with a pretty annoying voice must have put the recorder right up to his mouth and yelled...

"BEST JIBBOO EVER.....EVER!!!!!"

it's so loud on the cd i almost wrecked my car the first time it happened.
[#42?] nothin' shakin' but the leaves on the trees
jawbone
Skunk Ape Expatriate

Postby dbphan » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:37 pm

^That's funny^
dbphan

Postby pgec3 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:59 pm

I've got a Panic recording where during "Bears Gone Fishin" someone shouts out "This Sucks."

I'm sure the tapers loved that. It's like when a beach ball keeps getting closer and closer to the mics, and they all scramble like in a godzilla movie.

I think that is the same Panic show I was thinking about where during Red Hot Mama, someone is trying to sing along with that crazy part that JB does and is so out of key, it is one of the funniest things I have ever heard anywhere.
pgec3

Postby phishreference » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:40 pm

From Darien '97 there's a fight over somebody getting their hat stolen and as soon as one guy gets really pissed (not anyone in particular - he just realizes that somebody took his hat) his buddy goes, "Look out man, Security's right over there."

My friend has a Dead show and throughout the entire freaking show this one guy just screams "CASEY JONES!!!!!!" We made our non-Phish/Dead listening friend listen to it in college and even he will just randomly scream "CASEY JONES!!!!"
phishreference

Postby dbphan » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:40 pm

^I have heard that also
dbphan

Postby cricket » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:47 pm

"BEST JIBBOO EVER.....EVER!!!!!"

HAHA....I was gonna post this too, JAWBONE. That kid has the nerdiest voice in the world and he says "Ever" twice.....the second time being much louder and with more conviction.

" That was the best jiboo ever.......EVER!!!!!"

cricket

Postby cricket » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:48 pm

Also , during Sand (forget the show date) someone screams in such a wreched tone, it sounds like they are getting stabbed....its kinda freaky.
cricket

Postby Buster » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:50 pm

Haha, I thought about a thread like this, didn't know if one existed or not.

Not sure what show it's from, I think it's Phish, this guys goes in a normal voice "Put the cigarette out." Then there is a pause and he SCREAMS "PUT THE GOD DAMN CIGARETTE OUT NOW". I always get a good laugh at that.

Another one is from the Keller show at moe.down6. These guys are yelling and screaming and on guy goes "WAIT! WAIT! WHAT ARE WE YELLING ABOUT?!?!?" and the other guy goes "I DON'T KNOW!!!!" and then they keep yelling for 15 seconds or so.

Also, from a Trey show this year (I think) during Drifting, some guys starts yelling in the quiet section where the horns come in "It's Trey" and he does it 5 or 6 times and someone yells back "SHUT UP!" and then you don't hear any more from him.
Buster
The NorEaster

Postby marley » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:56 pm

I forgot the show, but a JGB recording of Heaven's Door where at the 7:23 mark someone yells out "Nice Ass Donna"

Hence the name of my band.
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Postby dbphan » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:58 pm

^"PUT THE GOD DAMN CIGARETTE OUT NOW". Dude i remeber that but i don't remember where its from either i am pretty sure it is a phish show anyone know?
dbphan

Postby bigdudenthedoorway » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:04 am

i always love it when someone will get the name of the song wrong. HOLY CRAP ITS CHALKDUST!! NO ITS TWEEZER!!! haha.
bigdudenthedoorway
The Dude

Postby zoot horn rollo » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:02 am

I forgot the show, but a JGB recording of Heaven's Door where at the 7:23 mark someone yells out "Nice Ass Donna"

yeah thats the one that came to my head first... "nice ass donna!" ... classic.
zoot horn rollo
Subcomandante

Postby phishreference » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:12 am

Best. Band Name. EVER.

If you listen to the Official Phish release of IT you can hear someone scream "THIS SONG SUCKS!!!!" during "Secret Smile". Impressive that it got onto a soundboard.
phishreference

Postby graphictranslation » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:53 am

The first official Trey show from the Higher Ground, 02-15-1999: There's this really drunk girl yelling, "Bell Bottom Bluuuuuues" thru the start of the electric set, in between every song, right up until they play it. The funny thing is she has no idea they've started playing the song until Trey sings the first verse, then you can hear her epiphany as she screams, "Oh My God!"

I know that on the tape for 08-09-1998 when the encore starts (Terrapin Station!!) you can here me scream, "OH MY GOD!!" from the lawn.
graphictranslation

Postby Buster » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:59 pm

^"PUT THE GOD DAMN CIGARETTE OUT NOW". Dude i remeber that but i don't remember where its from either i am pretty sure it is a phish show anyone know?

Now that I think of it, it may have been from a Trey show this year, I'll look into it.

Another one on the topic of calling songs out, on the recording of the 12-28-96 Philly Spectrum show, right before the encore, Trey tunes up and someone yells "JOHNNY B. GOODE!". Right when he gets to the end of "GOODE!", Trey plays it. It was perfect timing, I always loved that. You need to turn the sound way up to hear it, but it's there.
Buster
The NorEaster

Postby thelot » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:31 pm

"but I know my 10/31/96 AUD has a lot of audience jabber between sets...just stuff like "What's it going to be?" "Dark Side of the Moon""

They must've all been tripping face cause they handed everyone a Talking Heads "Remain in Light" Playbill upon entry. Maybe it's an audience from Halloween '94 or '95...those 'costume' sets were unknown.
thelot

Postby phee » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:42 pm

On my copy of 9/29/00 I can here someone saying "its ok, its ok, he just needs to sitdown"-sounded like someone was all messed up and freakin out and was gettin help from his buddy. Then the Meatstick starts and you here his buddy sayin "get up, get up, get up"
I just think its funny cause this guy was all worried about his friend freakin out at first but when the Meatstick comes on hes like "this is no time to be sitting down, get your ass up"
phee

Postby goldenroad » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:09 pm

"but I know my 10/31/96 AUD has a lot of audience jabber between sets...just stuff like "What's it going to be?" "Dark Side of the Moon""

They must've all been tripping face cause they handed everyone a Talking Heads "Remain in Light" Playbill upon entry. Maybe it's an audience from Halloween '94 or '95...those 'costume' sets were unknown.

You're right, it's '94 I'm thinking of...I realized that after I wrote it, but hoped no one would pay that much attention so as to call me on it...touche...well played.
goldenroad
Undercover Wook

Postby roofnapkin » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:28 pm

the clich
So it seems... that the world keeps on turnin'
roofnapkin
Northern Jedi

Postby Swartzbaugh » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:34 pm

I have a copy of 7/16/94 and when Trey is talking about how much they love being in Vermont someone yells out "In Vermont, you do waht you want!"
Swartzbaugh
Green Mountain Boy

Postby thelot » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:42 pm

"On my copy of 9/29/00 I can here someone saying "its ok, its ok, he just needs to sitdown"-sounded like someone was all messed up and freakin out and was gettin help from his buddy. Then the Meatstick starts and you here his buddy sayin "get up, get up, get up"
I just think its funny cause this guy was all worried about his friend freakin out at first but when the Meatstick comes on hes like "this is no time to be sitting down, get your ass up""

The guy who was running the fob in hat, next to the fob taper of your copy, passed out right before Meatstick. During this time the mics were pulled from his head, through his shirt and onto someone else's head! It actually doesn't sound that bad considering. You can hear the drop in music as the kid falls to the ground. lol

Source that taper falls: (fob/dfc)Schoeps mk21(in hat)>kc-5>cmc6>Apogee AD-1000

Your source: (fob/dfc)Schoeps mk41(in hat)>kc-5>m222>nt222>Apogee AD-1000>HHb
thelot

Next

Return to Live Phish