How Do You Keep Phish Shows?

Live Phish discussion.

Re: How Do You Keep Phish Shows?

Postby y0n » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:08 am

Got a selection of mp3 SBDs going back only to 2010. For everything before that I just stream things.

Wow, a lot has changed re: consumption of music in the last few years.
y0n

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Buster » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:55 pm

^I've also been streaming a lot recently. I have a love/hate relationship with the streaming. On one hand it's instant and you get to check out that funky jammed out Theme everyone was talking about, but then I never go and download the show itself. I go to throw my mp3 player on in the car and.... ahhh, I never DL'd that show! lol

I have a 500gb HD and a 1TB HD as well as my 1TB computer HD that I keep all my music, movies, and TV shows on. I keep it pretty damn organized in there, the same I used to do with CD-R's.

I used to have binders and binders of CD-R's. I gave most of them away once I started switching everything to mp3 and the world caught up and made it easier to play my mp3 player everywhere. Naturally phased out the CD-R. I now have a laundry basket and a box somewhere filled with CD's that I'll mot likely never listen to again. All that work I put into them... oh well, it was worth it back then and still is now to hear that funked to the max Ghost or face melting Bowie.
Buster
The NorEaster

Postby hosemasterflex » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:50 pm

Now I'm getting into tagging mp3s w/titles and artwork, so that it doesn't look stupid when it comes up on my phone. I can't see myself actually doing every show. But I did the 2015 shows I have, used the show's actual art from teh googles.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Buster » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:20 pm

^I do the same. Very time consuming but, I enjoy doing it.
Buster
The NorEaster

Postby y0n » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:47 pm

Buster wrote:^I've also been streaming a lot recently. I have a love/hate relationship with the streaming. On one hand it's instant and you get to check out that funky jammed out Theme everyone was talking about, but then I never go and download the show itself. I go to throw my mp3 player on in the car and.... ahhh, I never DL'd that show! lol

If you use PhishOD on a smartphone you can download tracks to listen to when you're offline :)
y0n

Previous

Return to Live Phish