RSD 12/31/95 6-LP Release

Live Phish discussion.

Re: RSD 12/31/95 6-LP Release

Postby hosemasterflex » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:11 am

willbreathes wrote:
hosemasterflex wrote:Sanity

Theres a version of Junta with a live Sanity.

And it's awesome. But it's sure not on the vinyl edition.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby willbreathes » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:54 pm

hosemasterflex wrote:
willbreathes wrote:
hosemasterflex wrote:Sanity

Theres a version of Junta with a live Sanity.

And it's awesome. But it's sure not on the vinyl edition.

boom.

pow.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby delayloop » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:14 pm

Seeing that list of what's on which side was enough to deter me from wanting this on vinyl. Notice I said "want" and not "buy."

Having to turn over a record after every two or three songs completely goes against how we listen to Phish live. And honestly, the vinyl releases of some of the first studio releases have been fun to listen to, but also distracting. Where the break in an album is was once part of a studio release, but now it holds no artistic purpose.

I also don't enjoy the mix of this album that Phish put out: no room noise, hardly any crowd noise, etc. When I listened to this show for the first time from an audience recording, I lost it. I understood why this show was so epic. The "official" release dumbs it down and makes sounds like what you can do when you have access to all tracks from a recording and can isolate the ones you want.
Southern Phish
delayloop

Postby delayloop » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:17 pm

hosemasterflex wrote:^^^The VH release is 2013, Tokyo.

That's the other thing, ... just as soon as you've bought 12/31/95 6LP vinyl, they'll announce the fest, or Rift vinyl, and they've got you on the hook.

EXACTAMUNDO.
Southern Phish
delayloop

Postby booztravlr » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:34 pm

Thirded. Phish chose a very well known and highly regarded show to be their first live vinyl release but in my mind this is just another money grab, similar to the Dead releasing the first chunk of Dick's Picks on vinyl. I assume the work involved to prepare these already remastered shows for vinyl release is limited so why not put them out there and capitalize on the rise in demand for freshly pressed vinyl. I would only justify spending $80-90 on this anyways so no way I'm waiting in a huge line for the RSD release. I miss the first few years of RSD when I could roll up to my store ~90 minutes before it opened, park in front and still be one of the first 10 people in line. 2 years ago was my last time going due to the absurd line.
the eleven | To weird to live, to rare to die.
booztravlr
Mr Boombastic

Postby hosemasterflex » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:39 pm

I still don't really want this thing, LOL. Someday I'll find it on the cheap maybe, who knows.

Know what I would get though, is A Live One vinyl. Tweezer would have to be in two installments, lol ... hopefully get a dedicated record for both halves.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Previous

Return to Live Phish