Live Phish CD Series Storage ?

Live Phish discussion.

Postby piperston » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:52 am

Are there any compact disc sleeves on the market that are intended for long-term storage that fit into a 3-ring binder. I threw away all the original Live Phish sleeves when the "sticky" issue presented itself. Now I want to put them in sleeves to display them in a three ring binder again. Anyone have any suggestions or sources that sell a quality long term storage sleeve for a binder? Thanks.
piperston

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby minnow » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:58 am

Does Dry Goods still sell just the sleaves?
minnow

Re: Live Phish CD Series Storage ?

Postby Harpua » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:55 am

It finally happened to me. I go to play Live Phish Vol 18 (Bomb Factory Tweezerfest) and it is like someone dumped a bottle of Pepsi all over the discs. I then checked all my other Live Phish Series volumes... same thing. It was like a time bomb went off. I was warned this would happen. I had years to prepare. I have only myself to blame.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby hosemasterflex » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:02 am

Oh man that really sucks! I wonder if there's any remedy? An un-pepsi-ing technique? Also I wonder if your computer will still read 'em.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Harpua » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:45 am

Soaked in soapy water to get the goop off then just isopropyl alcohol and elbow grease. That seemed to do the trick. Be warned. If you haven't already transferred your discs from the original vinyl sleeves, make sure you do, otherwise they'll get you.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby SirChompsAlot » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Damn, mine were starting to get a little sticky on the bottom edges like 5+ years ago. That may have been the last time I opened the binder, so now I'm afraid to look in there :shock:
SirChompsAlot

Postby TanasRoot » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:17 pm

Harpua wrote:Soaked in soapy water to get the goop off then just isopropyl alcohol and elbow grease. That seemed to do the trick. Be warned. If you haven't already transferred your discs from the original vinyl sleeves, make sure you do, otherwise they'll get you.

haha this got me i had no fucking clue this was a thing . i did some cleaning need to do more. mostly gonna be ok tho a few of the info inserts got sticky'd :thumbdown:
"I'm not making this up..."
TanasRoot

Return to Live Phish