PHiSH On Vinyl

Discuss the Phish studio output.

Re: PHiSH On Vinyl

Postby booztravlr » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:18 pm

Btw, this is down to $76 on Prime (after tax). Think I'll pull the trigger too.

[edit] Holy shit. It just jumped to $102 before taxes. Really glad I got it an hour ago.
the eleven | To weird to live, to rare to die.
booztravlr
Mr Boombastic

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: PHiSH On Vinyl

Postby hosemasterflex » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:24 am

^Nice!

booztravlr wrote:Good looking out. 6lp for $87 is pretty solid, especially considering 5 of these songs clock in at over 20 minutes. Beyond those monsters only Roggae entices me. Thankfully, youtube has all the livephish versions so I can check out the whole album today and see if any of the new songs catch my attention enough to invest in this set.

On a side note, over the weekend I was listening to the debut Black Sabbath lp and it dawned on me how different music availability is right now. Back in the day, unless it was on the radio, you couldn't really listen to albums before you purchased them. If a band you liked released a new album or you heard of a new band, you had the unique opportunity to listen to the whole album with a fresh set of ears, with little to no radio bias, reviews, etc. to sway your thoughts on the album. The only catch was you had to purchase the album. Now, I can hop on youtube or amazon and have the ability to listen to almost every album imaginable, within seconds, with no monetary investment, only time. The unique opportunity to listen with a fresh set of ears is still there, but it's not really the same.

Funny I've been on a Black Sabbath kick lately. I'm listening to all the '98-'16 stuff - there's the 13 album, but then there's a bunch of other strays songs from Reunion, Dio Years, 13 bonus tracks, 'The End' EP ... and then there's the Heaven and Hell album, which is pretty great.

The whole way we get music is so different. Plus we're so over-saturated with music as a product in general. Imagine there being hardly any of it! In 1970 that stuff was all new. Distorted guitars were new lol.

Also it used to be such a significant part of daily life, of personal identity even. Now it's different in that collections aren't central to all of that. I dunno, that's how I've been thinking of it ... do people keep music collections as much as they once did?

My Baker's Dozen arrived today, a day earlier than the early delivery estimate. I went from not really being interested in this thing at all, over to can't wait.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Album Discussion