PHiSH On Vinyl

Discuss the Phish studio output.

PHiSH On Vinyl

Postby hosemasterflex » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:07 pm

Who's got Phish records?

I think I only don't have White Tape, Two Soundchecks, and Trey's TTE clear record. I don't know if Shine or Trey Anastasio were pressed to vinyl, and maybe Page's solo stuff got vinyl pressings ... but I have the other like ten records that they've issued.

CHECK THIS OUT, ATTENTION RICH PHANZ! LOL!:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Phish-Lawn-Boy- ... 1e68563c78

:wtf:

I can't see dropping almost 1K on a record. I've paid up to probably $70 for an album on vinyl, and I feel really guilty spending that much. I'd like to get the White Tape LP someday, but it's well out of reach at $200 or whatever it's fetching now.

But maybe I should start to keep my love of vinyl quiet, eh? Didn't realize I had valuables.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: PHiSH On Vinyl

Postby hosemasterflex » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:19 pm

Still zero bids on the Lawn Boy :P ... I mean, I guess that's comforting that nobody's bidding.

People paying hundred$ for a two song 45 and hundred$ for a white vinyl copy of the white tape pretty much ensures that I'll not be buying one. I'd love to see those prices come down. Maybe someday.

Anyone else have Phish records or is it just me?
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby delayloop » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:55 pm

I am truly jealous that you have phish on vinyl. My buddy has SOTG and it kicks ass. That's about the only record I would want on vinyl, with the exception of maybe Junta and/or Round Room.

Or Billy Breathes or Hoist.
Or Lawn Boy or -

ah shit, I'm addicted.
Southern Phish
delayloop

Postby themomadans » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:33 pm

Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is the best
themomadans

Postby hosemasterflex » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:48 pm

So that Lawn Boy auction's been relisted for a cheaper price ... only $699 instead of $749! :lol:
wtf. All the 'white tape' records are going for $200.
:x
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby ColPhorbin » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:51 pm

The White Tape and Party Time are being released on Nov. 25th at independant record stores. It's one of those "special" release things. If you have some locals call them and see if they preordered any. The one in my home town ordered a couple but he doesnt know if he will get them. Just a heads up if you didn't know about this. 8-)
"I would choose my own religion
And worship my own spirit
But if he ever preached to me
I wouldn't want to hear it

I'd drop him, a forgotten god,
Languishing in shame
And then if I hit stormy seas
I'd have myself to blame"
ColPhorbin
Game Master

Postby ColPhorbin » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:52 pm

"I would choose my own religion
And worship my own spirit
But if he ever preached to me
I wouldn't want to hear it

I'd drop him, a forgotten god,
Languishing in shame
And then if I hit stormy seas
I'd have myself to blame"
ColPhorbin
Game Master

Postby hosemasterflex » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:57 pm

holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby delayloop » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:15 pm

Very nice. I'll probably grab 'em both, though the White Tape isn't really fun to listen to IMO.
Southern Phish
delayloop

Postby hosemasterflex » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:16 pm

But ... but on vinyl you only have to listen to one half at a time!
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby phishinsky » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:09 pm

Party Time on Vinyl - FTW!!!!
"Art isn’t about perfection. It is what is created when trying to reach perfection that matters!"
phishinsky
Northern Jedi

Postby tenniru » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:22 pm

I'm kind of tempted to get Party Time on vinyl, but I'm curious about the White Tape. Do you think it'll be the same mix as the 1999 Dry Goods release (which obviously suffered from WAAAAY too much noise reduction), or a more clean transfer? Also, is there a tracklist out? I'd definitely buy it if The Curtain With (on the digital version) was on there.

Wow, this is my first post here in well over a year. Funny that.
tenniru

Postby hosemasterflex » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:26 pm

I'm sure it's the same mix, no Curtain With. I could be wrong. Personally I like the noise-reduced result, at least compared to what I had before the official release. Huge improvement. I'd say skip it, since that way = more for me, except you're in VA it says, so what do I care.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby TanasRoot » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:15 pm

i've got some... Story of the Ghost, Farmhouse, White Tape, Horseshoe Curve... hmm. that might be all of it.

wish i had Two Soundchecks... maybe someday :)
"I'm not making this up..."
TanasRoot

Postby TanasRoot » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:18 pm

hosemasterflex wrote:Who's got Phish records?

I think I only don't have White Tape, Two Soundchecks, and Trey's TTE clear record. I don't know if Shine or Trey Anastasio were pressed to vinyl, and maybe Page's solo stuff got vinyl pressings ... but I have the other like ten records that they've issued.

CHECK THIS OUT, ATTENTION RICH PHANZ! LOL!:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Phish-Lawn-Boy- ... 1e68563c78

:wtf:

I can't see dropping almost 1K on a record. I've paid up to probably $70 for an album on vinyl, and I feel really guilty spending that much. I'd like to get the White Tape LP someday, but it's well out of reach at $200 or whatever it's fetching now.

But maybe I should start to keep my love of vinyl quiet, eh? Didn't realize I had valuables.

i think only "Page McConnell" was on vinyl... definitely neither Vida Blue album... nearly positive Shine wasn't on LP... i would have opted for that instead of the CD which had all that anti-ripping drama surrounding it on release.

Seis De Mayo might have been on LP...
"I'm not making this up..."
TanasRoot

Postby Vultured » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:57 am

I just went through them and it turns out I've got Lawnboy, The White Tape, Joy & Party Time. I've also got Trey's Original Boardwalk Style (Totally rad) and Mike's Moss (x 2 for some odd reason, 1 signed), Inside In and Green Sparrow. I feel like I missed one, but I can't figure it out. Been trying to get SOTG & Farmhouse for years.
From Trey's story about backpacking with Fishman in Europe....What's your fee to drive me to Firenze (Florence for the non-Italians)....
Vultured

Postby hosemasterflex » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:26 am

Wow, you have the White Tape. Hoping to get it in the morning, best of luck to me.

Another Lawn Boy :shock:
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby ox01a4 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:01 pm

I have a copy of the white tape and party time on vinyl that I am looking to trade.

I am looking for the 7" RSD demo from earlier this year, The Story of the Ghost, or Rift. I would be willing to talk cash to even up depending upon the deal.
ox01a4

Postby Vultured » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:35 am

ox01a4 wrote:I have a copy of the white tape and party time on vinyl that I am looking to trade.

I am looking for the 7" RSD demo from earlier this year, The Story of the Ghost, or Rift. I would be willing to talk cash to even up depending upon the deal.

What's the 7' demo your talking about? There are SOTG's out there to be had for a price, however I'm afraid you're gonna be looking a long time for the Rift on vinyl. It was never released on vinyl, maybe someday.
From Trey's story about backpacking with Fishman in Europe....What's your fee to drive me to Firenze (Florence for the non-Italians)....
Vultured

Postby hosemasterflex » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:02 am

Gotta be talking about Two Soundchecks. And don't bother looking for Rift vinyl. One time I sold my soul to a guy for a Rift double record, and a KI$$ Carnival of Souls LP and I never even got it.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby hosemasterflex » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:50 am

Got the White Vinyl finylly!
:clap:

Now I guess I just sit and wait for a Junta double record to surface. Come on, Junta, you can do this. Manifest.

I'd love to see the rest of those albums on vinyl, I'd definitely try and get 'em. Junta, Nectar, Rift, Hoist, Billy Breathes, Round Room & Undermind.. it's only seven more releases, let's do this! ::signs imaginary petition::

I checked for that Page solo record on vinyl, but I don't know if it was ever issued.

There's still those two 7" releases - Moss remixes & 2 Soundchecks.. and the TTE vinyl thing too. Otherwise I guess I've got the set.

I even have a 'flat' of A Live One - a 12" square album-sized promo card that I was allowed to take from my CD-shop job from the mid 90s.

I thought about arranging them all for a group photo, but then I figure, we all know what they look like.

... holy shit someone paid $405 for a Lawn Boy record! LOLZ
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby y0n » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:10 pm

^ post a picture it'll make me feel all gooey gooey on the inside!
y0n

Postby Vultured » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:11 am

Well I did it. Picked up an unopened Story of the Ghost AND Farmhouse on eBay. They're in my grubby paws now. I couldn't wait to tear them open and listen, but for some reason I couldn't bring myself to do it.

By the way..don't anybody else try to buy a rift on vinyl. It was never released on vinyl. They did release a thing called a "flat" that is some sort of poster that resembles a record cover and some people try to sell this as a record. Do not buy!!
Vultured

Postby hosemasterflex » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:03 pm

:shock: Really?? Hope you didn't pay too much for those, they're hard to find aren't they? Congrats though! All my Phish vinyl is open!
:thumbup:
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Vultured » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:19 am

Yes. I think I paid a fair market value for them. I've tried to buy them before on eBay, but was always waaay outbid. I think this was fair. Now I can die happy. Although I still haven't opened them. :crazy:
Vultured

Next

Return to Album Discussion