PHiSH On Vinyl

Discuss the Phish studio output.

Re: PHiSH On Vinyl

Postby delayloop » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:05 pm

hosemasterflex wrote:

I am truly jealous of you, sir. Well done. Two soundchecks is pretty cool, but again, short. I LOVE Inside In on vinyl. I'm always looking for more Phish, and think I may just get the horseshoe curve (what a great album!).
Southern Phish
delayloop

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby hosemasterflex » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:10 pm

Thank you! I got 'em all at retail. Except for Moss, which was a Christmas present ... Eric/clevername helped my sister pick out a gift that year for me, I think he did good. There's a signed $1 bill inside the jacket too.
:thumbup:
Actually that dude is responsible for my Farmhouse and Party Time too. Party Time he nabbed for me at SBIX, and Farmhouse ... I think he worked at a record store when that album was new and grabbed it for me when he still didn't yet know that Phish was awesome.

Oh & I love Horseshoe Curve too ... what a wild rubber jungle of an album. Actually I really like all the solo LPs I've got, they're all pretty cool.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby UB-40 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:08 am

They had Party Time at my record store on RSD a few days ago but I was so upset about the Junta price they were charging that I left without even looking. Kind of wish I had kept my cool cause I'm sure there was some other goodies in there.
#∞
You are a person who is high class. You are a person not in my class.
UB-40

Postby nugfin » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:40 am

hosemasterflex wrote:Lawn Boy $1211.11 - 20 bids. Still has 3 days left. Hey, at least it's sealed. :?:

:wtf: :shock: :wtf: :shock: :crazy:

Sold for $1,426.00 :crazy: :o :wtf:
I'm not good with numbers I just count on knowing when I'm high enough
nugfin

Postby hosemasterflex » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:27 pm

Wowee.

I have to wonder who spends that kinda dosh on a record. It'd probably be me if I were rich. Is it a credit card charge against better judgement? Mom's ebay account??! Maybe it's a guy whose wife still doesn't know he's just done that. Here I am feeling bad that the Pollock Junta was $80+tax.

Non-Pollack Junta has come down some in price on ebay. I think one went for $77 yesterday.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby nugfin » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:33 pm

Yeah, probably some trust fund kid - just topped out the market though, he'll have to wait another 20 years to make anything off it.

I saw a Pollock version buy it now for $155 - didn't last long though.
nugfin

Postby delayloop » Wed May 02, 2012 2:58 pm

When it all comes down to it, it's a piece of wax that plays sound. And the sound is sound we've heard before. Paying a thousand dollars for that is ABSURD. I've made some big purchases on ebay, and I always have that "YES I GOT IT" paired with "yes . . . I just spent a lot of money".

So, anyone ever see vinyl versions of Rift, Hoist, Billy Breathes, Siket Disc, Round Room, or Undermind?

I would LOVE it if they released an album especially made for Vinyl. Like the "Ghost" sessions or Victor or Siket disc combo. Something that fills up the discs and doesn't have blank sides. Something that clearly flows and is designed for the vinyl setting.

Thoughts?
Southern Phish
delayloop

Postby UB-40 » Wed May 02, 2012 3:31 pm

^It would be cool, but it would be surprising. My feeling is that now that Red Light has Phish, they're enlightening the band with all of these money-making ideas that they used to not be so concerned with.

Now they do about 1/4 of the touring that they used to, and I doubt the Joy is selling through the roof. They are in an odd niche where EVERYONE who cares about their music knows how to get on the internet and download it for free.

So in short, I very much like the idea of them releasing the old stuff on vinyl, although they should produce more so people don't get screwed over it. But I don't see them putting the time into a release that is going to solely be on vinyl, though.

The blank vinyl is ridiculous. I mean sure, there's a pretty picture on it, but that picture isn't as pretty as Union Federal would be.

Either way though, kids are happily lapping it up:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... Categories
#∞
UB-40

Postby delayloop » Wed May 02, 2012 3:49 pm

Oh, I totally agree. I can't stand the fact that they waste all that space when they don't have enough room on a side of a record. It's one thing to not have a full side, but a BLANK side? That's just silly.

I think the vinyl idea spawns from the Two Soundchecks thing, meaning: we'll continue to buy re-releases on vinyl, but give us something special. Give us studio sessions that no fans have. I'm surprised Red Light hasn't thought of that.

Like you said, they know that Phish fans are rabid for their music and can get pretty much all of it from the internet. But there's music - special music - that isn't live, but that's taped, waiting to be translated into cash.

I'd buy it.
Southern Phish
delayloop

Postby UB-40 » Wed May 02, 2012 4:30 pm

For sure. Maybe Record Store Day is the problem. Just release it on a random Tuesday and eBay wouldn't be flooded I bet.
#∞
UB-40

Postby hosemasterflex » Fri May 11, 2012 5:17 pm

A few Juntas on ebay going for less than ridiculous right now. There's a Pollock Edition with a $160 Buy-It-Now, and a $70 non-pollock with one bid, selling in like 11 hours.

Party Time is selling for practically retail, I recommend grabbing that if you don't have it. It makes for a much better album when it's a big fat double record.

I saw a Lawn Boy auction the other day @ $1800, but it's not there now. I hate to think it sold for that. :?

Story of the Ghost, Farmhouse & White Tape are still going for obscene amounts too.

/ebay update
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby nugfin » Fri May 11, 2012 5:53 pm

No love for Party Time :?:

Surprising considering there's only 1500 copies
nugfin

Postby ratherbephishin » Fri May 11, 2012 11:25 pm

I dig Party Time. It's got some really good stuff on there imo. I would love to be able to scoop up Farmhouse and SOTG for a not so retarded price tho. I have a friend who isn't a huge phan that has a copy of SOTG that I have been trying to get her to part ways with for a while now but so far no luck. Would love to see Rift come out. Pretty much everything actually. I wish they would just issue/reissue everything on vinyl and put it on drygoods so I could go broke :D
ratherbephishin

Postby hosemasterflex » Sun May 13, 2012 3:49 am

Party Time's cool. Does seem like some kind of discard pile though, don't it?

My favorites are Gone, Let Me Lie, Splinters of Hail & Liquid Time. It's like the Round Room stuff, that woe is me stuff that he had goin on there real good for a while when shit was woe'd.

The Mike and Page tracks are pretty good here too, but those^ four tunes still take the lead for my money .. well now that I really think about it, wtf. The title track has giant tits. Maybe Party Time is my favorite track of all.

As far as why nobody's driving the ebay price up? It's not regarded as much of a thing at all by fans somehow I guess, right? Kind of a lesser-class Phish release; like Siket Disc or somethin.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby nugfin » Mon May 14, 2012 7:31 pm

Pollock buy-it-now for $129 - not a bad deal if you're still looking

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PHISH-Junta-Pol ... 564a487852
nugfin

Postby hosemasterflex » Mon May 14, 2012 9:49 pm

hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby nugfin » Mon May 14, 2012 10:25 pm

I say you put your's up for $1,700

That's a steal ;)
nugfin

Postby hosemasterflex » Tue May 15, 2012 4:42 am

1750, firm. :angel:
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Vultured » Thu May 17, 2012 3:39 am

Finally got my Junta Pollock edition. Now all I need is the Oysterhead LP and I can die happy. Man that Junta sounds fantastic. Quite possibly the best transfer I've ever heard. Real nice Clark.
From Trey's story about backpacking with Fishman in Europe....What's your fee to drive me to Firenze (Florence for the non-Italians)....
Vultured

Postby UB-40 » Tue May 29, 2012 9:56 pm

Vultured wrote:Finally got my Junta Pollock edition. Now all I need is the Oysterhead LP and I can die happy. Man that Junta sounds fantastic. Quite possibly the best transfer I've ever heard. Real nice Clark.

My place had oysterhead on RSD, used and open for $99. I let it pass.
#∞
UB-40

Postby hosemasterflex » Wed May 30, 2012 3:21 am

The label on the Oysterhead record is a generic white Elektra label. I don't think there's even an insert, so fwiw you're not missing a whole lot.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby delayloop » Wed May 30, 2012 2:04 pm

hosemasterflex wrote:Party Time's cool. Does seem like some kind of discard pile though, don't it?

My favorites are Gone, Let Me Lie, Splinters of Hail & Liquid Time. It's like the Round Room stuff, that woe is me stuff that he had goin on there real good for a while when shit was woe'd.

The Mike and Page tracks are pretty good here too, but those^ four tunes still take the lead for my money .. well now that I really think about it, wtf. The title track has giant tits. Maybe Party Time is my favorite track of all.

As far as why nobody's driving the ebay price up? It's not regarded as much of a thing at all by fans somehow I guess, right? Kind of a lesser-class Phish release; like Siket Disc or somethin.

I, personally, really love Siket Disc. Always have. I wish Phish would release more studio jams.
Southern Phish
delayloop

Postby henrietta » Wed May 30, 2012 4:53 pm

UB-40 wrote:
Vultured wrote:Finally got my Junta Pollock edition. Now all I need is the Oysterhead LP and I can die happy. Man that Junta sounds fantastic. Quite possibly the best transfer I've ever heard. Real nice Clark.

My place had oysterhead on RSD, used and open for $99. I let it pass.

Can you go back and get it for me? :wave:
henrietta

Postby nugfin » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:58 pm

They just began a pre-order for the 2nd pressing of White Tape on Vinyl

Do I now have to start a collection of 2nd pressings?

$20 - not too bad, very tempting :think:

http://drygoods.phish.com/Product.aspx? ... &pc=PHLP04
nugfin

Postby hosemasterflex » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:25 am

Oh God, here comes the Junta two-record edition. :roll:
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

PreviousNext