07-15 Polaris Amphitheatre

Discuss the 2000 shows!

Postby willbreathes » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:54 pm

07-15-00 Polaris Amphitheatre, Columbus, OH

1: AC/DC Bag, First Tube, Limb by Limb, NICU, Dirt, Roses are Free, Wolfman's Brother, My Soul, Julius (1:11)

2: Down with Disease* -> While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Makisupa Policeman**, Piper -> The Mango Song#, Bug, You Enjoy Myself (1:36)

E: Loving Cup (0:09)

*With Trey on keys. **Keyword was "heady nuggets." #Segued into a "Have Mercy" jam (no vocals).
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Fee » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:42 am

This DWD-->WMGGW was one of the most bone-chilling moments I've ever had a show. Epic DWD! Love this show!

Look at the length of that second set. An hour and a half!!!
Fee
20th Century Child

Re: 07-15 Polaris Amphitheatre

Postby booztravlr » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:51 pm

Almost 15 years ago to the day! This was the end of a great 5 night run (Deek Creek x3, Polaris x2). The energy was just unreal and the band delivered an extended but still tight DWD to kick off set 2. Around the 25:30 mark Mike starts to drop the While My Guitar Gently Weeps line and soon the whole band catches on. This jam melts perfectly into WMGGW and the crowd eats it up. What a great version too! Next follows the most overused Lot word of the entire tour, heady nuggets. This gets another roar of applause from the crowd. Everyone knew YEM was coming at some point...but when? They follow up Makisupa with a solid Piper > Mango Song. Towards the end of Mango Song Mike drops another line on the band and starts messing around with Have Mercy. This turns into an all out Have Mercy jam until Trey stops playing, leading the rest of the band to stop as well. Trey then starts up Bug instead. Oof, what a dooz. This was the only down side to the entire set as they deliver a rocking YEM to close out the set and all is good in the world. Loving Cup closes out the last night of a great tour.
the eleven | To weird to live, to rare to die.
booztravlr
Mr Boombastic

Re: 07-15 Polaris Amphitheatre

Postby The Ubiquitous Smokey » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:32 pm

^ Sums it up pretty well.

Heady nuggets!

This parking lot was a shit show.

Almost got my head hit by a firework from a saturn missile and then a bottle rocket landed right next to me on a tent and scared the shit out of me.

UFO's were in abundance, some of the best L i've ever eaten.

The death cloud bared down on the Columbus area.

I got popped in Deer Creek's road stop and issued a citation for possession and had to eat a 10 strip, was still flying high for Polaris.

Met Mike at the Dark Star Orchestra show and he autographed my friends possession ticket.

:thumbup:
The Ubiquitous Smokey
East Side Jedi

Return to 2000