07-16 PNC Bank Arts Center

Discuss the 1999 shows!

07-16 PNC Bank Arts Center

Postby KDF4LYPHE » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:22 am

07-16-99 PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ

1: Sample in a Jar, Beauty of My Dreams, Dog Stole Things, Limb by Limb, Billy Breathes, Vultures, Get Back on the Train, Maze*, Cavern (1:02)

2: Also Sprach Zarathustra -> Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove** -> Simple > Guyute, Loving Cup > Golgi Apparatus (1:15)

E: Born to Run^ (0:10)

*Trey on keys. **"Also Sprach Zarathustra" tease. ^^First time played; Trey mentions that he and Page are "from around here," and that someone else grew up around here, "the greatest songwriter of all time"; Tom Marshall appeared to sing lead vocals, in full Springsteen style (red bandanna, etc.).
I LOOK TO THE STARS AND THE ANSWER IS CLEAR
I LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND SEE WHAT I FEAR
KDF4LYPHE
_________

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: 07-16 PNC Bank Arts Center

Postby willbreathes » Thu May 10, 2012 6:31 pm

The first set is filled with pretty much straight songs. Besides the Maze, which wasn't exactly scorching the Earth, it is just a solid set with next to no jamming.

Second set definitely makes up for that. The 2001 starts off really loosely, and jams for 10+ minutes before heading into Mike's Groove. Really strong Mike's, amazing segue into Hydrogen, and a super amped up Weekapaug with a great 2001 tease. Simple keeps the energy high, and Guyute is absolutely icing on the cake. Such energy. Anything after this point seems like extra.

Encore is fun, not being a Bruce fan it isn't epic for me. Fun to have Marshall out though.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to 1999