09-19 Irvine Meadows

Discuss the 1999 shows!

09-19 Irvine Meadows

Postby KDF4LYPHE » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:27 am

09-19-99 Irvine Meadows, Irvine, CA

1: NICU, Funky Bitch, First Tube, Gotta Jiboo, Heavy Things, Farmhouse, Stash, Hello My Baby (1:01)

2: Twist Around, Sand, Wading in the Velvet Sea, The Squirming Coil, Loving Cup, Down with Disease

E: Guyute, Character Zero
I LOOK TO THE STARS AND THE ANSWER IS CLEAR
I LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND SEE WHAT I FEAR
KDF4LYPHE
_________

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: 09-19 Irvine Meadows

Postby PardonMe Doug » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:38 pm

This show is a fucking turd. I hardly ever complain about setlists, but if I would've been pissed if I were at this show. It's basically a Trey band show and not even a very good one at that. Most of the tunes here are fresh off of Trey's first solo tour and they lack any sort of collective improv jamming and are just outlets for Trey's jerking off on his guitar, which he doesn't even do very well this night. The Stash is, admittedly, very cool, but it lacks energy. Just a piss poor effort this night.
PardonMe Doug

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: 09-19 Irvine Meadows

Postby bigB » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:01 pm

The energy was massive from the Phil show on into Chula Vista. We were all well prepared for this dud. This is the night Fran Dresher and her entourage sat behind us. While the music lacked the experience was tip top!
As he saw his life run away from him 1000's ran along chanting words from a psalm.
bigB
Wookie-Tamer

Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to 1999