12-13 Providence Civic Center

Discuss the 1999 shows!

12-13 Providence Civic Center

Postby KDF4LYPHE » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:22 am

12-13-99 Providence Civic Center, Providence, RI

1: Tube, Cars Trucks Buses, Gumbo, The Moma Dance, Piper*, Theme From the Bottom (1:01)

2: Gotta Jiboo, NICU, Sand**, The Inlaw Josie Wales, Mountain in the Mist, Limb by Limb, Golgi Apparatus, Slave to the Traffic Light (1:12)

E: Silent in the Morning#, Heavy Things (0:10)

*With Trey on keys. **"Gotta Jiboo" bass tease. #Not accompanied by "The Horse."
I LOOK TO THE STARS AND THE ANSWER IS CLEAR
I LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND SEE WHAT I FEAR
KDF4LYPHE
_________

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: 12-13 Providence Civic Center

Postby Brother » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:13 pm

I want to listen to the rest of the show but I've only listened to the Jiboo through Sand. The sand is killer. You might think it starts off as "going nowhere" cause the groove doesn't change and the band is going for texture and sounds rather than a lot of music, per say, but it depends what you like. Eventually it gets real rocking and groovy with one part of Trey going off in a way that kind of shocked me at first. I often go :wtf: and :lol: when I listen to Phish yet this time I was outright stunned at that demonic fury he unleashed on those bars. He was laying back at first then goes full blown Hendrix or Adrian Belew on style on it.
Brother

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: 12-13 Providence Civic Center

Postby hosemasterflex » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:11 am

This was my final 1.0 show, and yeah this Sand is awesome. I was pumped that night cuz I didn't even know the song existed. Nothing like hearing them play a new killer song for the first time in the middle of nowhere. Looking at the setlist, there's a lot of new songs I must have not known that night! I'll have to break this show out, haven't listened in years.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to 1999