11-27 Worcester Centrum

Discuss the 1998 shows!

11-27 Worcester Centrum

Postby KDF4LYPHE » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:20 am

11-27-98 The Centrum, Worcester, MA

1: Funky Bitch, Ya Mar, Carini, Runaway Jim, Meat, Reba*, The Old Home Place, Dogs Stole Things, Vultures, When the Circus Comes, Birds of a Feather (1:23)

2: Buried Alive, Wipe Out+, Chalk Dust Torture** -> Mirror in the Bathroom# -> Chalk Dust Torture -> Dog Log## -> Chalk Dust Torture > Sanity, Buffalo Bill, Mike's Song^ -> I Am Hydrogen -> Weekapaug Groove^^, Run Like an Antelope (1:18)

E: Wading in the Velvet Sea, Golgi Apparatus -> Wipe Out+ (0:13)

*With whistling. +Trey introduced Fish. **With "Wipe Out" teases. #First time played (The Beat (later known as The English Beat) cover from their debut LP "I Just Can't Stop It"); two verses played. ##Possibly inspired by a dog show taking place next door to the Centrum; very bluesy. ^With ambient jamming. ^^With recurring "Wipe Out" jamming and ambient jamming (especially in the latter portion). +After a drum solo by Fish, Trey introduced him again and then they finished "Wipe Out."
I LOOK TO THE STARS AND THE ANSWER IS CLEAR
I LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND SEE WHAT I FEAR
KDF4LYPHE
_________

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: 11-27 Worcester Centrum

Postby alajder » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:10 am

Wow, I can't believe there are no comments regarding this epic night! This is probably one of my favorite shows and I have been listening to it a lot lately. The energy in Worcester was incredible and it contains my favorite ever versions of reba and vultures, not to mention a ridiculous second set.
alajder

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby S. Hill 88 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:07 pm

Got this on right now. Locked in from Funky Bitch. Meat > Reba, Vultures, Birds and one of the best sets in Phishtory with that second set. Mmm....yup.
S. Hill 88

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby the dooj » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:31 pm

Live Phish vol. 6

Missed this show but saw the 28th and 29th. Pretty epic all around. Car was towed from the hotel lot across the street on the last night and we had to call doojette's brother to come get us. Good times. Wipeout.
the dooj

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Atoms » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:12 pm

Funny you bring this up. I have been listening to this one for the past few days. The big Chalkdust run is amazing. I would love to catch some ska type jam like that in person.
Atoms
The Awoken

Postby PardonMe Doug » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:07 am

Sat in row 12 after splitting a large bag of mushrooms between me and my girlfriend. We didn't really have anything to say to each other all night and until the next morning :D
PardonMe Doug

Postby hosemasterflex » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:19 am

I don't remember why I didn't see the Worcester '98 run exactly. Maybe I felt like I'd seen my fill ... I did see 'em three months earlier in Limestone. But then, furthering my crime spree of Phish neglect, I've never even heard this show (or 11/28).

So this is coming in the mail for me next week, scooped it for about $15 .... praying it's in good shape and not all gummed up. This will be my first even numbered purchase, in the LivePhish numbered series - until now I've owned all ten odd numbered ones and zero of the even numbered ones. Don't know why I did that really.

hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby hosemasterflex » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:53 pm

It's junk. One disc plays I think, the other two are toast. Weird gelatin shit eats the actual foil in the plastic disc that houses the audio; it's wild to see it for real. I'll get my hands on the audio a different way, but sheeeeiiit.

Kind of depressing, I really like this series. I used to hope they'd do a blue/green thru green/yellow installment, maybe 21-30.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby hosemasterflex » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:37 am

They did kind of do a green/yellow installment, for the three 2003 releases ... and then wasn't it like, all of 2.0's downloads came with art that gradually fades from green thru yellow, then brown then black? I almost forgot about it, but the color scheme seemed like a nod to the series, as if it were a continuation.

Anyway I ordered another set of Worcester wherein disc one was promised to me as "solid" by the seller, known skipping on 2 & 3 ($4 plus $3 shipping). Welp, disc one ain't "solid" - Ya Mar & Carini both skip ... Really I don't need it to play but I just want it to. This is my first purchase of anything from this series since they were new, and so it's discouraging me from pursuing the other nine I have left to collect.

This show, though, is really ridiculously great to listen to. Mike's loud in the mix and pretty wild all night on that bass man. I listened to LP01 recently and this one has way clearer sound. Do they always sing "potato" there in "Vultures"? I dig it ...
:problem:
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby booztravlr » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:48 pm

hosemasterflex wrote:This will be my first even numbered purchase, in the LivePhish numbered series - until now I've owned all ten odd numbered ones and zero of the even numbered ones. Don't know why I did that really.

That's pretty funny. I remember having a very similar collection of almost all odd numbers (01, 03, 07, 09, 11, 15, 19) but I HAD to buy 18 back in the day. Still probably the only one I throw on occasionally as I don't often listen to cd's.

hosemasterflex wrote:Weird gelatin shit eats the actual foil in the plastic disc that houses the audio; it's wild to see it for real. I'll get my hands on the audio a different way, but sheeeeiiit.

I remember this happening to mine years ago and kept thinking I must have spilled beer on them when I had them out to play. I'll have to check them out later to see if any are still playable. Do you need to replace any discs in your collection? If so, you can have any of mine that still work (minus 18). Just let me know which ones you need.
the eleven | To weird to live, to rare to die.
booztravlr
Mr Boombastic

Postby hosemasterflex » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:33 pm

Very kind of you! My odd numbered ones are all good though; I never kept them in the self-destruct package.

I'll probably be collecting the rest of the even ones, but I'm in much less of a hurry now that 06 was such a fail, lol.

At least I've got discs 2 & 3 playing, which are a little more fun that disc one anyway.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Return to 1998