12-07 Ervin J. Nutter Center

Discuss the 1997 shows!

Re: 12-07 Ervin J. Nutter Center

Postby SirChompsAlot » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:52 pm

Lately I haven't been able to get the free stuff from LivePhish to work properly on my PC, so I feel like I miss out on some good free tunes. However, it looks like this one is up on the youtubes so I will check it out if I get a chance today or tomorrow.

SirChompsAlot

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby SirChompsAlot » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:14 pm

Pretty damn good show. Harpua, thanks for bumping this thread!

As others have stated, the Slave to the Traffic Light is top notch. That string of first three songs was pretty impressive, but I love Psycho Killer so that was a nice surprise. Speaking of surprises, I listened to this show without looking at the setlist, which seemed to enhance my enjoyment of it a bit.

Re: Harpua's comment about not taking a breath in the second set, It seems like the segues/flow of this show is much better than the Baker's Dozen shows. 20 freaking years ago though, can't blame them if they've lost a little zip on their fastball.
SirChompsAlot

Postby TanasRoot » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:51 pm

this is totally one of those shows that i think i know and ive heard probably like 3-5 times ever and there are parts i have memorized but more that i don't.

like i can't recall this slave at all which is apparently crazy so i am listening right now

from memory the slip into psycho killer is fantastic, mike just crushing , and the swept/steep inside its ice is one of those things that like IS PHISH to me.
"I'm not making this up..."
TanasRoot

Previous

Return to 1997