02-18 Electric Ballroom

Discuss the 1993 shows!

02-18 Electric Ballroom

Postby willbreathes » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:02 pm

02-18-93 Electric Ballroom, Knoxville, TN

1: Chalk Dust Torture, Guelah Papyrus, Poor Heart, Tweezer-> Foam, Sparkle, Cavern, Reba, Lawn Boy, Run Like an Antelope

2: Rift, Stash, Lizards, Punch You in the Eye, Mike's Song-> I Am Hydrogen-> Weekapaug Groove*, Mound**, Amazing Grace, Memories, Sweet Adeline, Rocky Top

*Sound board shorts out. **Trey and Mike electric through monitors, Page acoustic, Fish on trombone.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: 02-18 Electric Ballroom

Postby Fee » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:40 pm

Just listened to this first set. The Tweezer-->Foam is pretty slick. I've never heard them segue these two songs together before. The Tweezer was pretty solid (12+ minutes) and then I thought they were going into the classic early ending like we heard this year at Red Rocks; however they segued flawlessly into Foam. The rest of the set is standard, but flawless 93 standard is still pretty sweet.
Fee
20th Century Child

Postby Fee » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:41 pm

Second set isn't bad either. The Mike's is pretty sweet as it has "Another One Bites the Dust" theme right before the dark Trey jam in Mike's. Cool slow developed Hydrogen.

The PYITE was lyrically botched a bit. If you remember PYITE was just brought back in the rotation at this point. It was kidna scrapped around 90 I believe and they were only playing the Landlady. They brought it back at Roseland a couple weeks prior to this show. Anyhow it's weird to hear teh crowd unaware of the "badassness" of this song.

Sucks the soundboard fried at the end. Stil a fun high energy 93 show.
Fee
20th Century Child

Postby The Ubiquitous Smokey » Thu May 10, 2012 4:21 pm

The sound check from this show is off the fucking chains.

The Quinn-Jam is seckness tatas
The Ubiquitous Smokey
East Side Jedi

Return to 1993