04-17 Michigan Theater

Discuss the 1993 shows!

04-17 Michigan Theater

Postby willbreathes » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:37 pm

04-17-93 Michigan Theater, Ann Arbor, MI

1: Llama, Foam, Bouncing Around the Room, Stash, It's Ice, Glide, My Friend My Friend, All Things Reconsidered, Golgi Apparatus, Run Like an Antelope

2: Wilson, Reba, The Landlady, Halley's Comet-> You Enjoy Myself, Lifeboy, Oh Kee Pa Ceremony-> Suzy Greenberg, Big Ball Jam, The Squirming Coil

E: Sweet Adeline, Big Black Furry Creature From Mars
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Blog: View Blog (0)

04-17 Michigan Theater

Postby lawnboy357 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:00 pm

Check out the sound checks on these Ann Arbor shows!! Only other L.A. Women besides Miami. Also like 6 Who covers in a row. I studied for my Anthroplogy exam at the U.G.L.Y. between shows (got a 97)!
"One that makes me feel like I feel when I'm with you!"
lawnboy357

Re: 04-17 Michigan Theater

Postby fone » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:20 pm

Gad do I love the Foams and Stashes from this period. They were wanton and energetic to say the least. I think over the years, the rough edges were bevelled a bit, and the direction of the jams matured and made more "sense", but these 91-93 versions were just spectacular in their heat.

Also love the Foams where, at the end of Page's solo, he would take it the volume down as he played in the upper registers, and Trey would meet him in that sound so that in many instances you couldn't tell when the piano stopped and the guitar took over the solo.

Just picked this show from the wall for this morning's commute to work, and the Foam just made the gray foggy morning so much more exciting. It's a great feeling to have the rest of this show to get back to on the ride home.
Go down in your own way
And everyday is the right day
And as you rise above the fear lines in his frown
You look down
Hear the sound of the faces in the crowd
fone
The Sage

Postby lawnboy357 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:12 pm

The BBFCFM of this night, and the I Didn't Know the next are an amazing 2 night combo of Phishiness at it's Phinest! It's also a very rare occurance of Page declaring Trey as the leader, and as such must be culpable for the miscue that occured during BBFCFM on this night.
lawnboy357

Postby fone » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:04 pm

It's Ice, Glide, My Friend My Friend, All Things Reconsidered, Golgi, were all solidly played and I would definitely love to hear some of these songs played more in their current setlists (Golgi is still played with regularity). Then again, I guess I can understand that musicians might not be as anxious to play certain songs over others. It's just human nature to be selective.

But boy am I glad they still enjoy playing Antelope, and this setcloser version was just loaded with energy. I had already arrived at work and couldn't get out of my car until the last note of this performance was over. Great job, classic Antelope.

And I have another set to look forward to.

Discovering and re-discovering shows is just such a great thing.
Go down in your own way
And everyday is the right day
And as you rise above the fear lines in his frown
You look down
Hear the sound of the faces in the crowd
fone
The Sage

Postby lawnboy357 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:51 pm

Do me a favor and listen to I Didn't Know the next night. The strangest Phish "thing " I've witnessed! I loved how all the people that weren't there ^this night, had no clue what was going on. Actually that is normal for a part of the audience on any given night. :think: 4/18/93 more so though.
lawnboy357

Return to 1993