01-26 The Paradise

Discuss the 1989 shows!

01-26 The Paradise

Postby willbreathes » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:18 pm

01-26-89 The Paradise, Boston, MA

I Didn't Know, Golgi Apparatus, Alumni Blues, You Enjoy Myself, Lizards, Take the A-Train, The Divided Sky, Fee, Good Times Bad Times, Wilson, Fluffhead, Icculus, Colonel Forbin's Ascent-> Famous Mockingbird, The Sloth, Possum, Contact, Big Black Furry Creature From Mars, Fire

Might actually be a two set show.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: 01-26 The Paradise

Postby hosemasterflex » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:56 am

I just popped this show in, thought I oughta break out more old shows, since that's what I really love - that like, 88 to 92 period.

So far I'm digging it ... I probably heard it before, it's just sittin' on my hard drive.

I'm on Golgi, and it's sweet. Pretty cool recording. Might be SBD, very clear.

I Didn't Know opener was weird, like they didn't get soundcheck. The harmonies are so not tight at first. ... they dialed that shit in on the way, as the mix improved. Way too much delay at first! Sounds pretty tasty and trippy though, especially during the trombone solo. :thumbup:

I love the Fish vacuum and trombone breaks so much that I went back to listen to that crap a second time.

My recording only goes thru GTBT though. I bet that's set one, and set two goes Wilson thru BBFCFM, E: Fire

I'm now on Alumni Blues, which suits me well, I just got thru listening to the white tape vinyl. All them extra lyrics in this one. Crowd sounds into it. Lull here though, after Alumni ... someone's not quite ready for YEM ... Trey just said, "Alright. Well this is pretty wild. Okay well it's time for that special moment. We hope you all enjoy myself during this next song. How about a warm greeting for my mom, all the way from Ireland tonight!"

F*ckin' love the club days.

Phish.net wrote:Set 1: I Didn't Know, Golgi Apparatus, Alumni Blues > Letter to Jimmy Page > Alumni Blues, You Enjoy Myself, The Lizards, Take the 'A' Train, Sanity, Divided Sky, Fee, Good Times Bad Times

Set 2: Suzy Greenberg, Icculus, Colonel Forbin's Ascent > Fly Famous Mockingbird, The Sloth -> Possum, Contact, Big Black Furry Creature from Mars, Foam, David Bowie

Encore: AC/DC Bag, Fire
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Re: 01-26 The Paradise

Postby Brother » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:43 am

Good Times Bad TIme is off the ****** chain!
Brother

Return to 1989