phish.net reports

Will they or won't they? What have you heard?

phish.net reports

Postby grabs666 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:36 am

Can you believe that phish.net is reporting that we are buzzing about the Spectrum and next Halloween? Sure it mentions PT as well, but fuck them anyway! Appearantly we are a big time information source now.

Scary!

http://www.phish.net/
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
grabs666
Satan

Blog: View Blog (0)

phish.net reports

Postby ghost_2000 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:40 am

^
I am proud to say that I am a part of that, as well as simply part of the best damn Phish board on the internet!
My room is round when I lay down, when I wake up it's square.
ghost_2000
The Apparition

phish.net reports

Postby willbreathes » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:52 am

In all honesty, I kind of wish they didn't mention us there. The 'Reunion Rumor' board is becoming the hot spot, and I feel every post I read is the same thing over and over and over.

Just a little sick of it... I say we just let it happen, and let the rumors subside. But oh well, to each his own.
-----------------------------------
Edit: You beat me Icculus.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

phish.net reports

Postby rastabilly » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:13 am

Yeah.... but you might as well try to stop the tide. Rumors will fly faster than truth.

We all know they're only rumors. All the Goderators have repeatedly expressed a broad range of scorn and anger over them. We're all skeptical. SFW? It reminds me vaguely of when all drug-related threads were being deleted/censored. I've said it before, I'll say it again: This section of the board is called "Reunion RUMOR Mill." What the fuck else would anyone expect to pop up in here? Yeah, there's no confirmation... we know. Yeah, every thread talks in circles... certainly not the first time a thread has gotten five pages long without saying anything. Let it go. Don't get worked up over it. Seriously... deep breaths. Go hit the crystal bong over in Stoned Cutters headquarters. Come on, I'm loading. Let's go...

But seriously: Obviously someone from phish.net is keeping track of what goes on in here. It is important that you realize that as these are RUMORS, it is not even remotely necessary to provide sources. While we have a place for rumors on our board, that is ABSOLUTELY NOT what our community is for. I think I can safely speak for the majority of the board when I say that we don't want our site to be considered a Phish tabloid. So please, any further rumors that you choose to post on phish.net about, even if you got them here, just call them rumors and leave it at that.

kthx.
This isn't who it would be if it wasn't #2.

Listen to my band! www.opencountryjoy.bandcamp.com
rastabilly
Undercover Wook

phish.net reports

Postby astralgruv » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:00 am

I almost feel like we're Dr. Frankenstein right after we've accidentally let this monster loose into the public..."WHAT HAVE WE DOOOOOOOOONE??!?!?!"
Summer 0TEN: Merriweather(X2)>Raleigh>Charlotte>Alpharetta (X2)
astralgruv
The Swiss Breeze

phish.net reports

Postby jarclimber » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:01 am

I think if anything good comes from the publicity it's from people like me. I just joined because I heard about the site on PT. I go on to read rumors and stuff and occasionally show swap. But I hate PT. Since I found this forum I feel I fit in a bit better here with the members. I'll probobly never log into PT again.
jarclimber

phish.net reports

Postby willbreathes » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:36 am

I think if anything good comes from the publicity it's from people like me. I just joined because I heard about the site on PT. I go on to read rumors and stuff and occasionally show swap. But I hate PT. Since I found this forum I feel I fit in a bit better here with the members. I'll probobly never log into PT again.

Excellent! Welcome to the board.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

phish.net reports

Postby zoot horn rollo » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:55 am

nice to have you with us jar...

random thought: if tour starts up again we should set up a series of kick ball matches vs. pt... we could pick a park near the venue and have at it the afternoon before the show. those hosers would be beggin for mercy.
zoot horn rollo
Subcomandante

phish.net reports

Postby jarclimber » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:58 am

I AM SO DOWN!!!!!
jarclimber

phish.net reports

Postby cubbiephan » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:33 am

i think pt sucks personally....they talk about too much shit on there and it is so disorganized....the oh kee pa is the place to be and at least if we want to talk about pointless shit, we have threads where we can still find our phish phix....on there, it is a wild card, you never know what is going to be on there and sometimes phish is not even on the first page of posts...
cubbiephan

phish.net reports

Postby goghoti » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:34 am

ahahaha, good idea zoot
goghoti

phish.net reports

Postby Funky Begonia » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:43 am

ok so i was just at www.walfredo.com that has a rumor page. and now it just says "go check out here and here" and it turns out those links are phish hook and phantasy tour. so hey, at least the Oh Kee Pa is mentioned, because we are classier than that.
Funky Begonia
Third Eye Warrior

phish.net reports

Postby mikesaidno » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:25 am

^I played the trivia. Gosh, I suck. I don't know anything.
mikesaidno
Swerkski Superfan

phish.net reports

Postby Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:20 pm

I must admit it would be a shame to have a influx of people joining for the sole purpose of the rumour board. Granted, it's a needed part of our site as things were getting a bit messy and people were raising the same points BUT, like everyone else has said, we're so much more than that.
How can you dream lines of poetry you don't know?
Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (1)

phish.net reports

Postby phishreference » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:52 pm

nice to have you with us jar...

random thought: if tour starts up again we should set up a series of kick ball matches vs. pt... we could pick a park near the venue and have at it the afternoon before the show. those hosers would be beggin for mercy.

I get to pitch
phishreference

phish.net reports

Postby gamecat » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:25 pm

You know, who cares?
People sign up to message boards for alot of different reasons. If it's for rumors, to trade CD's, or just to chat, people join groups for a wide range of reasons. The thing is is to be welcoming and open to these people and then they will stick around and post in other threads. To say that your worried about to many people or whatever get over it. I remember quite vividly in fact the phish scene in 95 and everybody freaking that they were getting to big. Well you know, it happens, things grow. Your bound to get alot of jerks, but your also going to meet a hell of alot of nice people as well. The thing is that people will either stay around or post once and be never heard from again. So what?

The fact that Phish.net even noticed us is kinda nice. It shows that we are part of a much bigger community then we think. The fact that the "Spirit" of Phish lives on in this and PT's message board is something special.
The Oh Kee Pah is getting some props and I like it.

**I'll play centerfield.
gamecat
The Shepherd

phish.net reports

Postby Buster » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:31 pm

I think it's safe to say....... we are awesome.
Buster
The NorEaster

phish.net reports

Postby rivshark86 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:15 pm

I think its cool that phish.net has a high opinion of us. I think it's really cool that some of the guys might be reading these boards. As long as we keep it positive.
rivshark86

phish.net reports

Postby phishreference » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:32 pm

I don't know...

I really doubt the guys in the band really check out these message boards. And even if they do, I doubt they really care what we're saying about a reunion, Trey's album or anything else.

It's not like one them will come to the board, see us talking about rumors and say, "The deal's off!!! These jerks on Oh Kee Pah ruined the surprise!!!"

That being said...backstage passes, Page?? We have the same b-day, ya know.
phishreference

phish.net reports

Postby Funky Begonia » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:39 pm

I think it's safe to say....... we are awesome.

true that!
Funky Begonia
Third Eye Warrior

phish.net reports

Postby bigB » Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:12 pm

My love is and will always stay with this board. I gave up this info a full 5 days before any PT PH .net or any board and it's member's was privy. I should have assumed that peeps would take this info and run with it all over but that is the nature of the beast. In my original thread i stated a venue was booked by Phish and a summer tour is being talked about. I still stand by it! Time heals all wounds peeps. Trust me that every ? you have has been asked by me to my peeps and this is still all the info we have. Any new info i get will be givin in the future to this board only. As for Phish.net, well someone is getting there azz chewed out cuz they did not get the scoop lol. Long Live OKP! If and when it happens just remember bigb loves ya baby!
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As he saw his life run away from him 1000's ran along chanting words from a psalm.
bigB
Wookie-Tamer

Blog: View Blog (1)

phish.net reports

Postby fone » Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:53 pm

Anyone know if Rob Johnson and or Scott Boyarsky are still maintaining the Phish.net site or did they pass it off to someone else? I know Ellis Godard is running the Mockingbird Foundation with his wife, but don't know if Dan Hantman is also still involved with things.

Any of the OKP administrators connect with these guys. The front page mentions OKP twice, so I thought they would have to ask permission to do that.
Go down in your own way
And everyday is the right day
And as you rise above the fear lines in his frown
You look down
Hear the sound of the faces in the crowd
fone
The Sage

phish.net reports

Postby phishreference » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:44 pm

My love is and will always stay with this board. I gave up this info a full 5 days before any PT PH .net or any board and it's member's was privy. I should have assumed that peeps would take this info and run with it all over but that is the nature of the beast. In my original thread i stated a venue was booked by Phish and a summer tour is being talked about. I still stand by it! Time heals all wounds peeps. Trust me that every ? you have has been asked by me to my peeps and this is still all the info we have. Any new info i get will be givin in the future to this board only. As for Phish.net, well someone is getting there azz chewed out cuz they did not get the scoop lol. Long Live OKP! If and when it happens just remember bigb loves ya baby!

I've said it before and I'll say it again - bigb is THE King of this board. He may not post as much as others, but its quality - not quantity. I got your beer at the Spectrum, dude. Then we'll head to Pat's late night for a cheesesteak.
phishreference

phish.net reports

Postby jarclimber » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:53 pm

I'v never been to the spectrum... good venue?
jarclimber

phish.net reports

Postby fone » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:59 pm

Yes...Cletus is. I think Ellis is the one who is running phish.net... as far as I can remember he is the one Ian (cletus) thanked when we had our first posting.... I think its about the 5th or 6th time we have been mentioned on Phish.net

Marie and I wound up sitting next to Ellis and Kristen quite by chance at 12/29/97 MSG, our 4th show. We didn't know who they were until we sat next to them again, quite by chance, in the second row of 8/8/98 at Merriweather. By this time, we both knew each other from our posts to the rmp, and Kristen bonded with Marie and made sure nobody encroached upon our space down in front. They were so cool.

I have an old rmp post about that show somewhere, and should dig it out. That was the show I made eye contact with Page because they played NICU as their second song even though they played it two nights earlier. The reason, I'm concvinced, was because they saw this old couple in the second row and the guy was wearing a hat with NICU on it.

When they started the song, Ellis, Kristen, Marie and I started jumping around and I waved the hat at Page (because we were right in front of him) to thank him for it. He nodded and smiled back as he continued to play the song. Yeah, definitely a cool night. The Sweet Jane and Sabotage was nothing to gloss over either.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go down in your own way
And everyday is the right day
And as you rise above the fear lines in his frown
You look down
Hear the sound of the faces in the crowd
fone
The Sage

Next

Return to Rumour Mill