Pirate Epic Jazz

Discuss and post your projects (art, bands, sites...)

Pirate Epic Jazz

Postby goldenroad » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:33 am

I know it's kinda cocky to start my own thread about my own band, but if other people can than dammit, just let me. Look...you like Pirates? We do! My band's name is actually Big Like Texas (tentatively), but our first masterpiece is entitled Pirate Epic Jazz. Here are the original liner notes that come with the release:

Questions have long been pondered the likes of: "What would happen if Pirates were to start a band?" "Do pirates know how to ROCK?" and "In this day and age, what would pirates do if they tried to ROCK?"

These questions do not have any easy answers. As you are soon to find out there are some answers available for those daring enough to seek them out. The music contained herein is of the purest form imaginable; complete and utter discovery. This is a voyage through the hearts of all pirates and, by association, all men. There is no way to completely understand what it's like to be sailing on a sea of vulgarity and drunkeness, with fear engulfing all who would come into its realm.

There is only one way to really know how pirates would behave in a studio setting. There is no way for a pirate to rehearse because he is always sailing on. There is no way for a pirate to write because the spoken language doesn't apply on the open sea. This record is based purely on instinct, and the pirate life is the same.

When you listen to the following piece of music, which will take no more than twenty five minutes of your time, you will be taken on a journey, but jumping ship is not an option. The only option you have is to surrender and just hope you don't have to be in the position of the deck boy. As you drift along further, and begin to understand that all music is derivative of pirate behavior, you will be frightened into submission, they might even make you walk the plank, but there is no turning back. And don't forget not to turn your back either on these, the most vile, disturbed, and somehow beautifully melodic and harmonic beasts.

There is no describing what you may experience, so please don't put this on while you're driving, and keep it out of the hands of children. This music was made for everyone, but not everyone will like what they hear, but don't despair; just keep burning this for your friends and your enemies. Listen to it over and over, and know that in doing so you are making yourself a stronger, more evolved person, by understanding a culture not so different from ours.

If you would like information about this recording please e-mail Devin @ newpotatocaboose67@yahoo.ca or Jonas @ ilovejonas@hotmail.com

I want you all to hear this, however, I don't know how to set up a site like Cletus or these other cats to distribute the music...so e-mail me with your address if you would like some free music! How can you turn down that offer? We'll send you bonus tracks of what we've been working on as of late...thanks for your time.
goldenroad
Undercover Wook

Blog: View Blog (0)

Pirate Epic Jazz

Postby willbreathes » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:55 am

I am gonna E-mail you my address, I definitely want to hear it....

Just a drunk thought, not meaning any disrespect or trying to steal the thread, but I have just recently watched Dodgeball, and the pirate character is the funniest thing I have ever seen. It makes me want to here this pirate epic jazz even more.... YARRRRRR
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Pirate Epic Jazz

Postby goldenroad » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:39 pm

Thanks boys...I'll mail out copies as soon as the end of this week...
goldenroad
Undercover Wook

Pirate Epic Jazz

Postby charlieJack » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:26 pm

hey, throw one more in for me golden. you maybe want Rural?
the floor will have its way it seems
it fights me like a trampoline
it won't let me to the ground
so this time i'm not coming down
charlieJack

Pirate Epic Jazz

Postby charlieJack » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:34 pm

^ oops, nevermind. both the email addresses were sent back to me as invalid. hmmmm...

maybe i'll try again later.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the floor will have its way it seems
it fights me like a trampoline
it won't let me to the ground
so this time i'm not coming down
charlieJack

Pirate Epic Jazz

Postby goldenroad » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:08 am

^ Check you PM CharlieJack! Let's make this community thing happen.
goldenroad
Undercover Wook

Return to Member Projects