Hosemasterflex Performs!

Discuss and post your projects (art, bands, sites...)

Hosemasterflex Performs!

Postby clevername » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:35 am

Ship Of Fools wrote:This is a Message Board, not a Tolerance Board.

henrietta wrote:if you are in a parking garage in the middle of Manhattan you are doing New York wrong.
clevername

Blog: View Blog (0)

Hosemasterflex Performs!

Postby clevername » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:25 pm

There is now a Kevin Silvia Live YouTube channel --->

http://www.youtube.com/user/emanrevelc

henrietta wrote:if you are in a parking garage in the middle of Manhattan you are doing New York wrong.
clevername

Hosemasterflex Performs!

Postby hosemasterflex » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:52 pm

Wicked.

I've got a few clips on my website, but not only do I not know how to get 'em to this new channel, but my job (to which I'm supposed to devote my attention right now) has nothing whatsoever to do with "Kevin" "Silvia" and his "music" "songs".
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Hosemasterflex Performs!

Postby clevername » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:22 pm

^my webmastering skillz are available, yo.

d00d.

clevername

Hosemasterflex Performs!

Postby hosemasterflex » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:09 am

Hi!

Here's the Joyfest.

I screwed up & did not get "Always Washing Everything" or "Ladies & Gentlemen of the World" from my own set, ... so I replaced those with rehearsal recordings of those same songs - which is too bad, because those were the ones Grass Gypsys played on. Anyway, just thought I'd clear up that curiosity about this recording..

Anyway, enjoy!

Oh, and let me know if anything's screwed up, like missing songs or duplicates or whatever.

Joyfest Part 1 - Nicholas Despo

Joyfest part 2 - Brief Awakening

Joyfest part 3 - Kevin Silvia

Joyfest part 4 - The Grass Gypsys

Joyfest part 5 - All of the Animals
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Hosemasterflex Performs!

Postby hosemasterflex » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:48 am

I should host the Silvia Brothers set from the Stadium Theatre if I haven't done that. But I'm here to tell you that I played a decent little gig tonight in Charlestown, RI at the Starboard Galley ... I did two short sets, eight songs total, and played both of my brand new tunes. I should be able to get back here n' host them soon. Yours especially, Hose.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Hosemasterflex Performs!

Postby hosemasterflex » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:19 pm

I'm playing tonight in Providence at a place called The Mediator Stage. I'm the featured performer in what is otherwise an open mic ... I should get 30 or 40 minutes. I plan to record it and up both this show and the Charlestown show I played Friday. I recorded a Narragansett gig Saturday too that had lots of covers, but as it was a solo covers gig I don't know about uploading the whole thing ... I might just pick out the good ones. :-) I know I did Tube that night.

Okay, so 50 Rounds Ave Prov RI 8pm, donation for snacks & drinks, and for music. I know you're out there you crazies. And I know we like the same music, and we like it live.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Hosemasterflex Performs!

Postby hosemasterflex » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:59 pm

So this has been a rollercoaster ride of gigs ... I played Thursday and was miserable about it, it just sucked on so many levels .... then Friday I felt I played alright, but was somewhat miserable for different reasons ... sorry about the misery in the story ... then I landed an extra booking sometime Friday for Saturday afternoon, and the Saturday & Sunday gigs were tremendous successes, but very intense also ... I'm pretty beat!

~~~
So the first gig on Thursday, the Mediator Stage, just didn't generate enough of an audience, man. It's an open mic anyway, and usually that only draws beginner folk musicians and nobody else. I hoped that as the featured artist I'd draw at least a few people ... didn't happen. The other players, well, some were real good, some were not. I recorded it and was bummed I didn't perform better. I listened to the recording though, and it's much better than my memory of it.

~~~
Conversely, the Friday performances I did sucked! Ha! I thought they weren't bad at the time either, but the recording shows, again, the opposite of what I thought. The thing about Friday was that I guested on friends' bands' sets in Boston. My wife was with me, and I was feeling tense about us which didn't help ... but since I was just a guest I wasn't responsible for playing well, you know? So it wasn't too bad that the music didn't go good. I only played on like four or five songs.

But the band that followed both my friends' bands was this tight LA pop rock band called Janks who were amazing, and I felt kind of jealous, cuz my wife thought they were even more amazing than I did! But man, did that recording suck when I listened to it. One of the bands I guested with is my brother's touring act, and his frontman was kinda being weird with me too, so I just had some tricky stuff to contend with that night.

~~~
Saturday was wild, cuz they only booked it Friday. I thought I had a Saturday booking already but decided to confirm my existing Saturday gig .. only to discover it's supposed to be Sunday!!

So I got to book the new Saturday guy, and that gig was great. I was solo, but I played five hours of music outside for this mellow beach community ... there was a parade, incredible weather, more food than I could stand. They loved it and paid me well, booked me for next year. Got home and popped in Clifford Ball.

~~~
Last night, Sunday, I played for probably 8 hours at this gig I mistakenly originally thought was for Saturday. I started around 4.20 :) and played three long sets that took me to around 9pm ... then they asked me to stay longer, so I played a little more until I started to get cold. All the guests had moved toward the fire across the yard by then, so when the hosts asked me to continue, I decided to unplug and move to where the people and the fire were. Best move I ever made! These people had so much fun it was silly, and I had fun too ... singalong stuff, clapping cheering drinking ... I stayed so late, partly cuz the hosts couldn't figure out which one of them had my 'envelope' to pay me ... and partly cuz I was having a good time too.

But as I packed my gear at like .... 1.45am, I found myself alone in the yard, my gear was drenched in dew, and there was no sign of anyone by the time I was done. I never got paid!

Left them two phone messages so far today to no avail. Trouble is, my contact is the wife, and I'm not sure she's a fan of me the way her husband is. I don't think she's into music at all it seems, but her husband really appreciates what I do. This guy practically wants to adopt me as his brother or something, really digs how I play and what I bring to the party, couldn't lay enough praise and "part of the family" type talk on me. If only I had his cell and not his wife's maybe I could get paid today.

Luckily one of his guests gave me the most generous tip I can ever remember getting. This morning there was $150 in my shirt pocket.

~~~
Too long to read prolly, I know it.

Tell you what: Silvia Brothers at the Tavern in Plainville this Friday 9/11/09, 7pm no cover.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Hosemasterflex Performs!

Postby hosemasterflex » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:26 pm

Remind me never to work for 9 hours without collecting money for it. Still haven't returned my calls. >:-(
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Re: Hosemasterflex Performs!

Postby hosemasterflex » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:17 pm

^Yeah so I ended up getting paid, worked out okay. Nerve wracking, but okay.

Played WormTown Friday as a guest during Grass Gypsys' set, and I'm still psyched about it.

CLICK HERE DUDES. It's the whole set free for download.

I think this morning, my post about this gig in the Good Morning thread was the last post ever at the old ProBoards site. Which seems like it should feel real cool, but it's only kinda cool.

http://ohkeepa.proboards.com/index.cgi? ... 166#309983
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby willbreathes » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:45 pm

Awesome stuff, Kev! I do believe it is my first time hearing you with someone else on stage. :)

I give it a 3, on a scale of 2-3.

Midnight Rider is very nice, the girl has a good voice.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby hosemasterflex » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:57 pm

Yeah Colleen rules. Her husband rules equally, they're such a cool couple. I hit the stage about sixth song, and from that point it's hard to tell who's playing what. Justin and I trade solos, and we each play bass on one song. Thanks Will!
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby hosemasterflex » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:00 am

Grass Gypsys 9-26-2009 Medfield Day

I Feel The Earth Move
Love Song
Say You Love Me
Stuck In The Middle
Midnight Rider
Wish You Were Here
Friend of the Devil
Gimme 3 Steps
Natural Woman
Hope Remains
Misty Mountain Hop
As Long As I Can See The Light
American Girl
Peace of Mind
Rock and Roll all Nite
Take Me Away
Signed Sealed Delivered

Enjoy.

L to R: Justin & Colleen Kleya, Kevin Silvia, Chris Belden
Last edited by hosemasterflex on Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby willbreathes » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:07 pm

No Dear Ocelot?

Like I'm wasting hard drive space on that!
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby hosemasterflex » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:06 am

Must have room for some more megabytes in here somewhere ...

hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby hosemasterflex » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:24 pm

Playing Out of the Blue Art Gallery (Cambridge, MA), with Grass Gypsys tomorrow night 10/16!

My friend Chris's band (Chris saxed at Wormtown with us, talked about him in an earlier post) All of the Animals opens the show at 8pm. Then we (Grass Gypsys - no solo set for me this time) go on at 9 and are stoked about what we're playin.

If you're within range I'd love to meet you, and I guarantee a great night of music and art. Food and drink too.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Audio From Last Night's Gig!

Postby hosemasterflex » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:35 pm

Dudes.

Out of the Blue Art Gallery, last night, with Grass Gypsys ~

I recorded it, but haven't edited it yet ... however our friend Greg recorded a few tracks and they're linked below!

10/16/2009

Secure Yourself
I Cannot Stand The Gloom
Paperback Writer->
Love Song
Ladies & Gentlemen of the World
Take Me Away
Always Washing Everything->
Misty Mountain Hop
In The Hazy Glow of the Mount'nous Horizon
Hope Remains

^Those links are only good for ten days, but I'll have the whole show up soon I think.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby hosemasterflex » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:08 am

Hose wrote:Dudes.

Out of the Blue Art Gallery, last night, with Grass Gypsys ~

I recorded it, but haven't edited it yet (well, now i have)... however our friend Greg recorded a few tracks and they're linked below!

10/16/2009

Secure Yourself
I Cannot Stand The Gloom
Paperback Writer->
Love Song
Ladies & Gentlemen of the World
Take Me Away
Always Washing Everything->
Misty Mountain Hop
In The Hazy Glow of the Mount'nous Horizon
Hope Remains

^Those links are only good for ten days, but I'll have the whole show up soon I think.

K here's the entire Grass Gypsys set, better recordings than the links in that last post.

Download at will commander. Grass Gypsys 10/16/2009 Out of the Blue Art Gallery Cambridge MA

:-) Cool set, really enjoyed it.

A few mistakes are gettin me here and there ... and I actually f*d up the set by playing Paperback Writer WAY early. I made the setlist for that night myself, and when it was time for the third song, I thought it was supposed to be Paperback Writer, and so that's why Colleen & Justin sound all hesitant. Cuz they were. We were supposed to do Ladies & Gentlemen, then Take Me Away, and then play Paperback Writer way later. Like 8th or somethin.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Katiemay » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:28 am

clevername wrote:There is now a Kevin Silvia Live YouTube channel --->

http://www.youtube.com/user/emanrevelc

I'm watching right now and I recommend everyone else do the same! Looks like it was a really fun time. Good work young man.
Katiemay

Postby hosemasterflex » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:51 pm

Thank you Katiemay!

Playing Out of the Blue Art Gallery in Cambridge Friday 11/20. I go first; 8pm.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby willbreathes » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:33 pm

At first I thought I clicked in the MEAT board....

And I kinda went... I don't know if I want to read this "Hosemaster Flex Performs" thread.

Then I realized the summer of my discontent... or something.
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby Rusty Shackleford » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:24 pm

duuude hose play spirit in the sky! :clap:
Rusty Shackleford

Postby hosemasterflex » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:29 pm

If I can learn it by Friday I'll do it and dedicate it to the guy who's angry because he still doesn't have joy.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Rusty Shackleford » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:40 pm

haha... nice

ill want a recording of that ;)

if you ever find your way out to IL..central IL..Peoria area IL. let me know. will support. and try to hook you up with a place.

we service alot of hotels here in town so we should be able to get you a trane corp. discount....
Rusty Shackleford

Postby Rusty Shackleford » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:21 pm

so review hose? any spirits in the sky for you guys? ;)
Rusty Shackleford

PreviousNext

Return to Member Projects