Hosemasterflex Performs!

Discuss and post your projects (art, bands, sites...)

Re: Hosemasterflex Performs!

Postby hosemasterflex » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:29 pm

I actually jammed the Spirit in the Sky groove while Colleen told a story about meeting Fleetwood Mac's producer ... I tried man!

The review is this:

AWESOME.

We had a killer night, and Eric got a couple videos (he filmed my two newest songs in fact) ... I played Tube and did not screw it up~!

All of the Animals followed my set - I'm a fan. These guys are very cool, great musicians w/good songs. No guitarist though - ukulele and saxaphone!

Then was the Grass Gypsys' set, and I sat in for five or six tunes. Great food, great tunes, good recordings, good times ... Eric's camera went on the fritz though about halfway thru, and we couldn't seem to get it back off the fritz.

Anywayz I'll post it once I've edited it. I've been real busy since Friday and it takes a considerable amount of time. You'll be able to hear my quietly working out the "Spirit In The Sky" guitar part too.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Rusty Shackleford » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:44 pm

haha nice.

how far out do you guys usually play?
i see that you guys are from road island.
Rusty Shackleford

Postby hosemasterflex » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:48 pm

I've played in San Diego, but that's really not typical at all. Although I might play a show in LA over the winter.

Basically southern New England is the territory. I'm reasonably & foolishly optimistic enough to believe there's more travel in store for me though. I love to travel, I want to play music as much as possible, and at 36 yrs old I can safely say that yes, I still want to do this for real Mr Naysayer School Guidance Counselor. And you know, there are disc golf courses all over this country that are probably not far from music venues. I got some work to do. Gas to buy. Fast food items to select.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby hosemasterflex » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:47 pm

Kevin Silvia ~ All of the Animals ~ The Grass Gypsys 11/20/2009 @ Out of the Blue Art Gallery, Cambridge MA

I opened things up with a solo set, then joined Grass Gypsys for a few in the middle of their set. But perhaps most relevant to OKP: Played "Tube", second-to-last (I think) in my set. Please download & enjoy as much as you want.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby hosemasterflex » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:46 pm

^Spirit in the sky tease is in there man. You ever hear it? After "Say You Love Me", around the 4.20 mark.

:ugeek:

Thursday night I got about 20 minutes down the road for my gig in Newport at the Barking Crab, and realized I forgot to bring the recording unit. I have mixed feelings about that gig. They paid me $50 and I got a free meal, and there was no audience. They gave the same deal to two other performers, and IMO nothing about our work really made that money well spent for them. It sounded nice, sure, but it wasn't really working you know? And oh - the thing is we were expected to play originals, so it was like ... originals? sandwich? $50 check? awesome! But awkward to play to an empty bar. But the fact that the gig was a dud kinda makes up for me forgetting to bring the recorder. In a double negative sorta way.

Friday night was my first time playing at the Tavern with someone other than my brother ... he and I have worked in this room for years and Friday I played instead w/Grass Gypsys. I'm so stoked to report that we went over really well, and the owners and staff, and the crowd that's accustomed to Silvia Brothers, all seemed to really love what we did. The only bummer is that I didn't capture the entire four hours. Ran out of room cuz I didn't manage it right & missed a few songs, including the Farmhouse & Silent Night encore we did.

Then Saturday night was pretty cool. I managed not to screw up that recording, and we played okay. It was a little weird because this is the first time I can remember doing an entire set of originals with this band F000. Actually it's our first gig playing any real amount of our stuff together in probably 15 or 16 years. It's basically a two man band, but with a drummer for shows. I certainly don't have any other recordings of us doing an all-original set, and it came out pretty good. But these songs are between 10 & 22 years old. I think there are three or four that we wrote in 1987, several from '89-91, and maybe one or two more recent ones. But yeah, that was a far out gig.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby hosemasterflex » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:54 pm

From my gig this past Friday night - our first time playing "Stealing Time from the Faulty Plan"!

It was somewhat botched as you'll hear ... I sang the second verse first, and Colleen and Justin barely know the song still! Still a decent recording, and ... and I love this song. :)

~~~

Reverbnation sends me this email every week which tells me where I charted, this week, in teh world, in the country, in my town.

Slatersville ranking this week: #241. I love it. Where do they get this stuff.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby roofnapkin » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:39 pm

^ hell yeah, Kevin!! just listened to it, sounds damn good for the first time played. you and Colleen blend really well vocally. i'd say in an acoustic setting like that, maybe speed up the tempo a bit to see what that does. regardless, once that familiarity comes for the other two, it'll make a world of difference!

keep on pickin'
So it seems... that the world keeps on turnin'
roofnapkin
Northern Jedi

Postby hosemasterflex » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:10 pm

Awesome, thanks for listening Brad ... I'm sure next time we play it it'll be better. Good idea about the tempo.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby willbreathes » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:07 am

Awesome stuff! Like your vocals. And an OKP shout-out! You are going places, Calvin...
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby hosemasterflex » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:14 am

Vocals? VOCALS?? What about the bitchin' solo from about 2 minutes to about 2 and a half, huh? WTF Will, God. Gahd.

:wave: :D

Thanks srsly man.

And the internet continues to astound. I was able to share that so easily, really.

Drinking a Vinyl Lager, by Magic Hat. Spring seasonal.

Wait, what thread are we in?

Here's the whole mondo jumbo supersized Tavern show that the Stealin Time comes from. It's literally over 3 and a half hours of music, and I don't know the exact ratio, but maybe it's half that's original tunes. Enjoy if you do download, cuz otherwise, f*ck, that sucks if you don't enjoy it. You better just enjoy; it's better.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby fone » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:14 pm

hosemasterflex wrote:From my gig this past Friday night - our first time playing "Stealing Time from the Faulty Plan"!

It was somewhat botched as you'll hear ... I sang the second verse first, and Colleen and Justin barely know the song still! Still a decent recording, and ... and I love this song. :)

~~~

Reverbnation sends me this email every week which tells me where I charted, this week, in teh world, in the country, in my town.

Damn good. I really need to come up your way for a show, by hooks or by crooks. Acoustic faulty, just great.
Here's your ticket pack your bag
Time for jumpin' overboard
The transportation is here
Close enough but not too far,
Maybe you know where you are
Fightin' fire with fire
fone
The Sage

Postby starshine526 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:33 am

fone wrote:
hosemasterflex wrote:From my gig this past Friday night - our first time playing "Stealing Time from the Faulty Plan"!

~~~

Damn good. I really need to come up your way for a show, by hooks or by crooks. Acoustic faulty, just great.

Can't agree more, Bill!

Kevin, I will be your biggest cheerleader!!!
Summer Tour: Bethel x3>Great Woods>Camden>MPP x2->Superball IX
E:Hollywood>Tahoe(?)
starshine526

Postby marco » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:18 pm

Just listened to "Stealing Time", and it was great! Love the acoustic stuff. The world-wide Oh Kee Pa :thumbup:

See you on Kevin Silvia tour! Garlic grilled cheeses availible in the lot after each show. Jay is in charge of the Veggie Burritos.
Reinvented, redefined; rearranged, but not refined
marco
One

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby hosemasterflex » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:19 pm

Thanks for all the great responses guys ...

BTW, Eric was kind enough to film this thing & upload it ... me and The Grass Gypsys performing my new tune "One Shoe" a couple months back.

hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby willbreathes » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:29 pm

Neat-o!

Eric, who did you blow to get such a close seat?

:shock:
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby marco » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:44 pm

Diggin' that tune/video, Kev. Just listened to it with closed eyes, and it felt real good. Keep it up.
Reinvented, redefined; rearranged, but not refined
marco
One

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby themomadans » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:38 am

^^^ That's great, Kevin! You're a hell of a singer. Please up more videos. :thumbup:
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is the best
themomadans

Postby clevername » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:34 am

^All of my Kevin Silvia videos are here: http://www.youtube.com/user/emanrevelc
Ship Of Fools wrote:This is a Message Board, not a Tolerance Board.

henrietta wrote:if you are in a parking garage in the middle of Manhattan you are doing New York wrong.
clevername

Postby hosemasterflex » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:34 am

I just had such a fun gig it's ridiculous. I think I had too much fun somehow, and there's gonna be a fine or a penalty or jail time or something.

Nothing really crazy, I just have a crazy amount of excitement about how much I'm enjoying this music. This band's been a blast.

We did like fifty, sixty songs tonight at the Tavern in Plainville MA and it was just so damned fun. We've been rehearsing A LOT and really polishing it up, and I'm full of smiles all the time about it. Felt like I played well, and maybe broke some new ground somehow tonight. Certainly feel more solid with this ensemble than ever. And it was a successful night in terms of attendance, interaction w/staff, pay & tips, stuff like that. And the recording came out really nice taboot.

Exciting, man. We got a house party gig together tomorrow too.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby AsianGirl » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:24 am

^ Can't wait for tomorrow! Super stoked!
*Everything from now on is all Gravy*
AsianGirl

Postby hosemasterflex » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:09 pm

*This space reserved for glowing recap of awesome house party gig w/Pei-Yi & Eric & Grass Gypsys*
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby AsianGirl » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:00 pm

^ Had a great time. : )

Thanks for inviting me to hear your music, Kevin.... totally sweet.

The best part was all the impromptu Irish-Folk dancing which busted out during many-a-tunes.

Go Irish!!
AsianGirl

Postby hosemasterflex » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:34 pm

Really glad you could make it, and great to meet in person. :thumbup:

I barely slept. We hung around the kitchen for hours after you left talking and munching and stuff.

Just such a nice party really, ... a great house and plenty of guests and plenty of drinks.

The Irish stuff just makes for all kinds of merriment. Nice to add those to the repertoire.

I'm getting started on the editing process; the recording seems to be pretty okie with a little bit of dokie.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby AsianGirl » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:42 pm

Would love me a copy of last night whenever it's ready, Kevin ^.^

Was just telling my sister Pei-Lin up here in Boston about the Irish tunes ... gonna make some CDs for her to listen to on her commutes to work ;P
AsianGirl

Postby hosemasterflex » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:09 pm

Just in case some of you crazies are either local enough or without a party plan ...

I am performing: Tonight!!

Out of the Blue Art Gallery
106 Prospect St.
Cambridge, MA

8pm-12

$5 suggested donation

6 acts, I'm first! I'm also playing w/Grass Gypsys later in the night. There'll be wine & a bit of food too, great art, and great music. Lots and lots of original music that's actually quite good.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

PreviousNext

Return to Member Projects