Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Postby Harpua » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:27 pm

Monday Monday (la la la la la la)

The morning was foggy, frosty, and eerie. Not digging the vibe of the week so far.

(La la la la la la)
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Nice and cold this week as I expect it to be most of the week. Going to see Aqueous this Saturday so I'm pretty pumped for that. Also, pumped to see ELO announced a leg of their mini-tour coming to the US for the first time in forever and it's going through Detroit. Been meaning to see Jeff Lynne for years and they'd never come around.

Not to mention Duke/MSU tonight and I actually have a fairly positive feel with the game...hopefully we can actually get a win on them this decade.
El Bastarde

Postby ghost » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:39 pm

Good morning.

I have been sick for days. I started to feel bad Friday night. I went to bed at 9:00. I've been lying around since then. I had nothing but water until late last night. I'm feeling well enough to get up today. It's just a cold, but what a cold.

On Saturday the wife and kids and I are going to Illinois for Thanksgiving. We don't have to come back for a whole week.

Today is my oldest son Wyatt's 8th birthday. Time flies. He gets to have a party tonight and then another party on Sunday in Illinois.

I have so much to do after doing nothing for three whole days.
ghost
Human Being

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:01 pm

It's just a cold, but what a cold.

Seems like colds hit you more and more as you get older. My last few have really been bad.

Have fun for Thanksgiving...I just got that Wed and Fri off so I'm off for five days next week. And we're not even visiting family...just going out to a restaurant that serves turkey dinner where we'll watch the Lions game. Can't wait to lay around and do nothing.
El Bastarde

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:07 pm

We're in on ELO. They announced a few US dates earlier this week and Detroit was lucky enough to be one.

Ticketmaster has a nice new thing where you can select the exact section and row and then see what tickets they get you. I got our last row seats in the nosebleeds but at the end of the row where I know there's extra dancing room...and didn't have to call by phone to get them. Pretty stoked for that. Also got in on the Ian Anderson Jethro Tull 50th anniversary this summer. Last row pavillion for that too. Gimmie dat flute music.
El Bastarde

Postby El Bastarde » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:56 pm

TGIF! Gotta get through today, then I'm seeing Aqueous tomorrow, then work on Mon/Tues, then five days off with Dead and Company during the weekend. I got some fun coming up.

I even lost a contact in my damn garage last night...I barely touched my eye and thing apparently flipped out. Was out there with a flashlight and looked around and eventually gave up. Checked again this morning when light was out and there it was sitting on the ground behind my car. Was not looking forward to wearing my glasses at the shows...they're just not that comfortable to me. Popped that thing in and was off to work. Was stunned I found the thing. Yay.
El Bastarde

Postby Harpua » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:06 pm

GMOKP,

Best thing about this weekend was that I got to watch my sister's kids (13 year old boy & 3 year old girl) for a while. I took them out for pizza, we played Madden, watched football and some kids movies, and generally had a good time. That said, I could go the rest of my life without watching Madagascar or listening to "Look What You Made Me Do" and be happy.

Also, 1000 plagues upon the house of Connor Barth. No surprise that he missed. He is among the worst kickers in the league. Plus side, Mitchell Trubisky did lead a late game drive that would have put 90% of the league in a position to tie it up. Normally I would be pissed that they lost to The Lions, but since my Bears truly suck, I am in "anybody but The Packers" mode.

Have a good week everybody!
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:39 pm

Also, 1000 plagues upon the house of Connor Barth. No surprise that he missed. He is among the worst kickers in the league.

Thank you, Connor Barth. I got some meds to take care of that plague if you need them. Looks me up, bro.

And what a silly drive...that clueless scramble by Trubisky was ridiculous, especially since he looked so lost on the play. Nice work by him there. Very pleased the Lions survive. It basically all comes down to us vs Minnesota this Thursday...if we lose we're 6-5 and they're at 9-2 and that'd probably be it since I don't like our prospects at ripping a Wild Card from Seattle and especially Carolina. But, win and they're one game down and, with two wins vs Minnesota, we'd just have to tie them to get the division. Ha-yuuuuge game here.

Also, I had a great time at Aqueous on Saturday. It was filled but not packed so there was good room to go around and I got front row where I could watch the band nicely. Dudes did like maybe 4 songs per set and their guitarist is a stud. Would definitely see again. Liked the opener who busted out Mike's Song for us.
El Bastarde

Postby marley » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:43 pm

Good morning OKP!!! Well, it's morning here in San Diego... anyway, just an update about the latest shenanigans by CBS. THOSE BASTARDS!!!!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-21/dish-customers-lose-cbs-thanksgiving-football-in-fee-dispute
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Postby Harpua » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:35 pm

Happy Thanksgiving, Oh Kee Pa!

Gobble - Gobble
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby hosemasterflex » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:45 pm

:wave: hey dudes

How's it goin?

Fleetwood Mac kick on full blast over here, I finally realized that yes, I'm a fan of the McMacs. New Buckingham/McVie album is great. I just golfed some discs and shot a zero followed by a plus five, not bad. Gonna see how my bride's feeling and see what in the world we're up to today.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:35 pm

Good morning OKP!!! Well, it's morning here in San Diego... anyway, just an update about the latest shenanigans by CBS. THOSE BASTARDS!!!!

The most laughable part is how both sides always point fingers at the other when it happens. Meanwhile, there's never a reason for this stuff to go to the last minute and it does too often. Meanwhile, my cable gave me free movie channels all weekend.

Didn't do much this weekend outside of Dead & Company on Friday which was loads of fun. Finally got that Dark Star I've been chasing. Lions lost to the Vikes which probably ends our season so that was a bummer but MSU rolled through the PK80 tournament this weekend and trounced UNC last night which was pretty nice...and UofM lost to OSU again which is always fun. Tough getting back to work...
El Bastarde

Postby El Bastarde » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:09 pm

What up, Dead OhKeePa! Been a rough week after all the Thanksgiving Days off but it's almost over. Been pretty thrilled about Michigan State's b-ball team and they pounded Notre Dame last night despite not even playing that great on offense...hard not to get giddy over this team. Don't have much plans this weekend but to watch football and get my brakes done. Also just listened to Friday Dick's Set II from this year and it's just glorious...that Ghost is more awesome than I even remember.

Your Friday Song:
El Bastarde

Postby Harpua » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:16 pm

Good morning :wave:

^ I have a hard time getting excited about college hoops. I'm from Illinois (not exactly a mecca for college athletics) and the school I went to isn't a member of the NCAA.

All Chicago teams are letting me down right now, and the sun goes down too early to play disc golf, so I have been nerding out on Netflix (Star Trek TNG, Star Trek DS9, and The Punisher). Because I do occasionally get antsy if I go too long with out doing something active, I have been going to the indoor batting cages. Winters are always tough for me, the fact that I am already feeling a bit stir crazy doesn't bode well for the next 5 months.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:00 pm

Detroit's had a down period too where all the major teams seemed to be mediocre but at least the Pistons looks watchable...and, of course, Michigan State looks great. Been a fun year of college b-ball so far.

For my winters, there's thankfully more sports on and video games help. I tend to just hunker down like any good hibernator.
El Bastarde

Postby ghost » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:25 pm

Good morning

About to get back to putting lights on the Christmas tree. Some strands don't go together. One wide plug thing and one narrower plug thing. Other strand has two narrower plug things. Shit. I need to go to the store for more lights that go together and even more lights for this mutant tree with 1000 limbs. When I was a kid, decorating for Christmas was great. Now it's a beating. You need to be on top of that shit to make it go smoothly in any way. "Every November 1st I remember to take out all my Christmas decorations and check everything. Replace batteries and bulbs." Yeah, right.

Buster with the Ani D sent me to YouTube for two Swings.

ghost
Human Being

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:29 pm

^Heh, I'm just skipping the tree this year. Too much hassle. Though I've been tempted to get one and be one of those who leaves it up all year...
El Bastarde

Postby Harpua » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:36 pm

^ I'm also skipping the traditional tree this year. I have a bitchin' rubber tree plant on which I hang a couple of ornaments - Charlie Brown Christmas style.

Spoon in 3 days!
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby hosemasterflex » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:55 pm

Good morning dudes. That's really all I got. Hope everyone's kickin' ass. :wave:
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Katiemay » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:05 pm

Mornin OKP. I only have a very small tree on the table,about a foot. I wanted a regular sized one this year but think I'll hold off until they're on clearance after the holidays. I still have lights and things that sparkle and shine. That is enough for me.

Really need to get on this Christmas thing this weekend. But first, more coffee.
Katiemay

Postby hosemasterflex » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:47 pm

Goodmorningdudes

My ^space bar isn't reliable

We too are about to get our Christmas thing on ... and there will be coffee, like immediately next. It will be second coffee.

So it's like:
1. Coffee
2. Coffee
3. Christmas

I skipped numbering like, laundry, shower, computer tasks, okp post, sitting around for a few in this place and that. You can't put a numerical value on that shit. No one can.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby ghost » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:19 pm

Good morning

I saw a picture of Trump's lawyer and I thought he looked like the blue haired lawyer from The Simpsons. I was getting ready to upload pictures and make a hilarious post here when I found that a guy in Nebraska thought of it 6 months ago.
http://leavenworthst.com/2017/06/19/sexist-ashford/
ghost
Human Being

Postby Harpua » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:04 pm

^ That's great!

Good (no longer) morning, OKP!

Went to the Spoon concert Sunday night, and let me tell ya, they put on one hell of a show. There was no point during the show that I wasn't impressed. Beautiful venue (Chicago Theatre), awesome show, great night.

The Bears beat up on the Bengals,that Trubisky kid looked pretty competent, and Jordan Howard moved the ball at will. Good game - too bad I know that it was an anomalous game against a shitty opponent! The brightest spot for The Bears has been Safety Eddie Jackson. They have been weak in the safety spot for years!
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby Harpua » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:14 pm

(Political Content)

GMOKP!

I don't know about everyone else, but Alabama took a step toward restoring some of my faith in humanity. Sure, a huge number of voters in Alabama still voted for an accused pedophile, but the majority didn't. I am not happy that Alabama elected a Democrat; I am happy they didn't elect an accused pedophile. ( An accused pedophile who believes that America was strongest when it had slavery. Who believes homosexuality should be illegal. Who believes that all amendments after the 10th should be voided [13 abolishes slavery; 15 allows POC to vote; 19 allows women to vote]). Doing the right thing (not electing an accused pedophile) looks good on you, Alabama. ROLL DAMN TIDE!
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby El Bastarde » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:32 pm

Sure, a huge number of voters in Alabama still voted for an accused pedophile, but the majority didn't.

I'm sure if Hillary had run against Moore, then he would have won. :mrgreen:

And, call me crazy for not using people from a backwater state like Alabama as the litmus test for the rest of humanity.

And, am I the only one who doesn't get this uproar over the new tax plan. Basically everyone saves money from this thing. Is it folks whining simply because it's the Republican's plan?

Anyway, seeing Griz tonight. He's normally a techno guy but he's doing this show with a full band so we'll see how it goes. Usually a fun time.
El Bastarde

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Phish Discussion