Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Postby Harpua » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:41 pm

It must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.

The state of Illinois only sent one team to the tourney, and boy are they making it fun. It is cool seeing everyone rally around Loyola. Let's see if they can keep this thing going.

Have a good day, OKP.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby marley » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:53 pm

Good Thors Day morning OKP!!!! That time and, once again, bouncing around the room, or the hoops court! Glad there's more college hoops today!
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Postby SirChompsAlot » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:02 pm

Harpua wrote:The state of Illinois only sent one team to the tourney, and boy are they making it fun. It is cool seeing everyone rally around Loyola. Let's see if they can keep this thing going.

As an Illini fan, it pains me a little to see Loyola succeeding and us maybe not even making the tourney next year, but I am rooting for the Ramblers for sure.

marley wrote:That time and, once again, bouncing around the room, or the hoops court! Glad there's more college hoops today!

HOOPS!
SirChompsAlot

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:38 pm

It must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.

It's garbage day for me so I have to clean out the litter box and take out the trash every Thursday evening when I get home...when I normally want to just crash in front of the TV for a bit. Will be especially hard with March Madness games starting up right as I get home too.

As an Illini fan,

I liked what I saw from Underwood this year. Dude just needs the players.

The state of Illinois only sent one team to the tourney, and boy are they making it fun. It is cool seeing everyone rally around Loyola.

Two straight buzzer-beaters (or close enough to them) is pretty awesome. I had them winning the first round but not over Tennessee. Meanwhile, they're playing Nevada who has come back from 10+ point deficits in both of their games. What fun.

I'm a bit bummed Michigan State got upset but I was pretty convinced that we would have lost to Duke anyway so it doesn't sting as much. Just didn't have the guard-play that you need to win in March this year. Of course I'm adamantly cheering for whoever plays Michigan to get them out of this too. Misery loves company.

Kentucky's path to the Final Four: Davidson, Buffalo, Kansas State and the winner of Loyola/Nevada. Just a murderer's row there. As usual, it's all coming up Calipari. It's his world and we just live in it.

That time and, once again, bouncing around the room, or the hoops court! Glad there's more college hoops today!

Me too. I've been going through withdrawl these last three days. I've tried some NIT content and it's just not good enough.
El Bastarde

Postby Harpua » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:28 pm

SirChompsAlot wrote:
Harpua wrote:The state of Illinois only sent one team to the tourney, and boy are they making it fun. It is cool seeing everyone rally around Loyola. Let's see if they can keep this thing going.

As an Illini fan, it pains me a little to see Loyola succeeding and us maybe not even making the tourney next year, but I am rooting for the Ramblers for sure.

My school isn't in the NCAA, so I will never know what it is like to cheer for my team in the tournament. I watch it because I like basketball, but I don't give a flying f*** about who wins. Right now it seems like it doesn't matter where you went to college, if you are from Chicagoland, you are cheering for The Ramblers. It really is pretty cool.

El Bastarde wrote:Kentucky's path to the Final Four: Davidson, Buffalo, Kansas State and the winner of Loyola/Nevada. Just a murderer's row there. As usual, it's all coming up Calipari. It's his world and we just live in it.

Looks like K State didn't get the memo.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby SirChompsAlot » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:57 pm

if you are from Chicagoland, you are cheering for The Ramblers.

SirChompsAlot

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:59 pm

Looks like K State didn't get the memo.

Yeah, I've jinxed multiple teams in this tourney so far with my declarations. And I tried it for UM but, of course it didn't work. Kind of annoyed that the teams are just giving Michigan a free pass to the Finals.

On the bright side, at least KU and Duke gave us a good Elite 8 matchup since the rest were duds. The upsets have been fun but the quality of play this weekend was pretty poor.
El Bastarde

Postby Harpua » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:02 pm

^ I love The Onion's headline about that Duke game.

"Nation Thrilled Grayson Allen Returned To Duke For One More Crushing NCAA Loss"
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby ghost » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:20 pm

Good morning

Rain here, but 64 degrees

And once I saw a blimp!
ghost
Human Being

Postby Brother » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:59 pm

It's not morning but this is where the action is at: Spring break 2018 woo! Made it without hitting a student and without snapping on another staff member, but a little sass leaked out here and there when I got a dumb request or something.
Brother

Postby Katiemay » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:25 pm

Hey there, Drew! Nice to see you around! Although, with the limited traffic here now, my brain couldn't process Ghost's blue color with the name Brother attached for a minute. I was like "did Eli change his name?"

Good Friday afternoon, OKP! Our spring break isn't for a few weeks, but I'm enjoying a three day weekend to tide me over for now. Have nothing to say about basketball so I'll just show myself out until April.

Have a happy Easter!
Katiemay

Postby Harpua » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:37 pm

Here we are folks, wading through the stark reminder that in Northern Illinois there is no Spring. There is only the cruel and interminable cold and snowy season before the humid season. On the bright side, I did win the office bracket challenge - correctly guessing who would be in the championship and who would win! So I have that going for me.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby willbreathes » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:52 pm

Snowing pretty solid here.

Trying to buy pre-sale for Ween.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee(n).
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby Katiemay » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:40 pm

GMOKP. There is a strange, moderately loud, intermittent, metal banging noise somewhere. Can't tell if it's coming from inside the house or out.

Doesn't look, feel, or smell like spring. This is the real Smarch.
Katiemay

Postby y0n » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:45 am

Katiemay wrote:GMOKP. There is a strange, moderately loud, intermittent, metal banging noise somewhere. Can't tell if it's coming from inside the house or out.

Doesn't look, feel, or smell like spring. This is the real Smarch.

Could be a piece of metal going through temperature fluctuations. Maybe a heater or something near one?
y0n

Postby ghost » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:26 pm

Katiemay wrote:Can't tell if it's coming from inside the house or out.

It's coming from inside the house!

Good morning. KIck this Monday's ass.

I have a house to clean and errands to run. That's me...the housecleaning errand boy. Ha. Jokes on them. (Them being God and the Man and all their cronies.) I barely clean the house.
ghost
Human Being

Postby y0n » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:48 pm

GMOKP.

Sitting outside in the cool, gentle Berkeley spring breeze at a local coffee shop, sipping my almond milk cappuccino, and enjoying the 7/26/17 Carini before heading in to work. Got some financial stress going on in my life right now, but this little moment sure is nice.
y0n

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:31 pm

My standards for weather are so low that I'm just glad there's no snow...or that whatever flurries we're getting are sticking around. Looks to be a warm weekend though I have a feeling it'll rain the entire time.

Was pumped to get NHL playoffs back in my life and we've got NBA firing up this weekend. Good times.
El Bastarde

Postby ghost » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:55 pm

Good morning

Let this sound fill your Friday:
ghost
Human Being

Postby SirChompsAlot » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:37 pm

Harpua wrote:Here we are folks, wading through the stark reminder that in Northern Illinois there is no Spring. There is only the cruel and interminable cold and snowy season before the humid season. On the bright side, I did win the office bracket challenge - correctly guessing who would be in the championship and who would win! So I have that going for me.

Two weeks later and we got more frigging snow over night. Friday night my GF and I just got back form Singapore, where it was 85 degrees and humid every day. I was happy to get out of that weather, but this snow can bite my ass.

Oh, and good morning!
SirChompsAlot

Postby Harpua » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:15 pm

SirChompsAlot wrote: but this snow can bite my ass.

I agree. Ass bitings all around. We had three days where we flirted with spring, but then--BAM-- second encore!

What were you doing in Singapore?
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby SirChompsAlot » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:35 pm

Harpua wrote:What were you doing in Singapore?

My Sister lives there, so we were visiting her and her family. We spent a week and a half there and 3 days in Indonesia. It was a great trip, but return flight and subsequent jet lag were kind of a bitch.
SirChompsAlot

Postby hosemasterflex » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:38 pm

Dudes! Billy Breathes vinyl this Saturday! Who'll be in Norwood MA for that. Nobody, you f*ckers all live in Ohio or some sh!t

Good morning!
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Harpua » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:46 pm

hosemasterflex wrote:you f*ckers all live in Ohio or some sh!t

Even though I know this isn't remotely true it still feels absolutely correct.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby willbreathes » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:40 pm

:wave: :wave: :wave:
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Phish Discussion