Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Postby Harpua » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:33 pm

I'm definitely down for beers!
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby marley » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:25 pm

I'm down with disease.
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Postby Harpua » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:43 pm

Don't look so sad, Rod. Tonight I get to see Phish!
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby El Bastarde » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:29 pm

Dang, busy Phish week ahead. Chicago, then Halloween, then the final stretch.

Your Friday Song. Shocking.
El Bastarde

Postby Harpua » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:12 pm

Last night was the most crowded midwest show I've been to. No room to dance, no room to breathe. The dude next to me was an ox and he kept elbowing me, hard. I have bruises today.

Bring on night 3!
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby phishinsky » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:20 pm

See you later on Tom.

Mornin all!

Be well!

Loves!

OKP is the loving, just wish we could get some cool folks down for a beer.... Oh-well.

‘Sky
"Art isn’t about perfection. It is what is created when trying to reach perfection that matters!"
phishinsky
Northern Jedi

Postby Harpua » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:10 pm

Morning Folks,

It was great seeing you this weekend, Ryan!

At Dick's I wasn't able to stand for the entirety of any set of the run. My back and legs would get too tired, and I would have to sit, even during raging jams. This was eye opening, so since then I started eating better and exercising regularly, and I have actually lost more than 25 pounds in the two months since Dicks. I was able to not only stand, but dance for every minute of all three nights. Even though I don't see much difference when I look in the mirror (I'm still a big dude) this weekend was evidence that progress is being made.

Rosemont was the best. A friend who hadn't seen Phish since '13 was treated to a great show on Firday, and my sister caught an admittedly weird (but great) show on Sunday. I got to meet up with a couple of people from the Pa. I had some of the best lot food I've had - falafel wrap with rice and a pickle. The band sounded stellar all three nights, and sleeping in my own bed after each show lived up to the hype. It was an overwhelmingly positive experience.

Have a good one, everyone.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:54 pm

This was eye opening, so since then I started eating better and exercising regularly, and I have actually lost more than 25 pounds in the two months since Dicks.

Dang. Awesome work, sir. I know that takes a lot of work and dedication and changing a lot of habits. Glad you raged this week.
El Bastarde

Postby ghost » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:21 pm

Good morning. Happy Halloween. I'm excited for Phish tonight. And for three more nights after that! :shock:

At Wyatt and Wesley's school they have a science hat parade instead of Halloween costume stuff. The students are assigned a science word and they make a hat the represents the word. They wear their hats and wander around the school in a single file fashion at 2:45. I'll probably go check that out.

The Halloween monsoon is supposed to be arriving anytime now, so probably no trick or treating. Bummer.

EDIT: Oh yeah...this video. What is with the guy? He's scary, alright.
ghost
Human Being

Postby Harpua » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:58 pm

Those faces he makes are really something. (Swipe left.)

I hope everyone's faces are OK today, after faceplanting into a rock.

Take down your novelty spiderwebs, and turn off your creepy sounds cassette tape. It's time to hang your tinsel and play Christmas carols. (Stores downtown were setting up their window displays yesterday.)
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby ghost » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:29 pm

^ I need to live the next 30 days and be thankful for eating a big bird stuffed with bread before I can even begin to think about Christmas decorations or Christmas music.

Good morning. The rain stopped last night as the sun was going down. The trick or treaters were out and the candy bags overfloweth.

I'm listening to costume set now. I watched the first song on YouTube. (Stevo put the link in the chat.) You can't say they're not creative. It's a step beyond the Thrilling, Chilling set...or more a step sideways...coming up with all this music and making it a Halloween punchline with a crazy Phish only stage show. Are there memes of Trey walking with the microphone? There should be. And why couldn't they get a wireless microphone? Page keeps those for Lawn Boy.

Keep soldiering on fellow humans. Three more nights of live Phish! :shock:
ghost
Human Being

Postby Harpua » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:16 pm

^ Amazon is already pushing their "Early Black Friday" and I saw one Christmas commercial during the Celtics / Bucks game last night. I agree that it is too damn early, but... consumerism.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby hosemasterflex » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:03 pm

Dudes!
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:45 pm

I'm listening to costume set now. I watched the first song on YouTube. (Stevo put the link in the chat.) You can't say they're not creative. It's a step beyond the Thrilling, Chilling set...or more a step sideways...coming up with all this music and making it a Halloween punchline with a crazy Phish only stage show.

I thought they started the set with the gimmick of being this weird Norwegian band with the goofy dances but I'm glad the show settled into these mostly being Phish songs but with weirder lyrics and more harmonizing. Makes it better for these songs to show up in shows later on...it'd be less enjoyable if they were all these weird tunes done for the sake of a gimmick.
El Bastarde

Postby Harpua » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:59 pm

Good morning, Pa!

Voting is the sexiest thing you can do. Don't forget to vote.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby Katiemay » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:39 pm

Good morning Oh Kee Pa! Great to see you.
Katiemay

Postby hosemasterflex » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:51 pm

Dudes! :wave:

Enjoying a 3 day weekend, disc-golfed w/ both brothers yesterday (& hopefully tomorrow too) ... band rehearsal and some good food goin on up in heah ... mid-coffee, outlook = bueno.

Maybe your day is kicking more ass than you realize, you just gotta take inventory and maybe a deep breath. Maybe a bong hit and put on an album.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Harpua » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:17 pm

^ Sounds like you had a great weekend. It snowed here on Friday, so I wasn't able to play any disc golf this weekend. Also, every time I play I pull or tweak something, and derail my exercise routine for a few days, so I haven't been playing very much at all.

Bears beat The Lions, so that's good (for me...maybe not so much for the Lions fans among us). Early on in the game it became clear that the Bears would win, so the kicker decided that he would impress the crowd with trick shots, rather than simply making the field goals. Let's face it, nothing is more boring that seeing a kicker kick the ball between the uprights.

Have a good week, everyone.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby Katiemay » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:26 pm

Good morning OKP. In full avoidance mode right now. Procrastinator 4 lyphe. I should compose a haiku about how much I have to do.
Katiemay

Postby ghost » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:10 pm

Good morning!!!
ghost
Human Being

Postby Harpua » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:17 pm

Katiemay wrote:Good morning OKP. In full avoidance mode right now. Procrastinator 4 lyphe. I should compose a haiku about how much I have to do.

Herbert Hoover once said:

What this country needs is a great poem. {...} Let me know if you find any great poems lying around.

These words are still true, and your to-do list haiku just might be exactly what rights this ship!
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby willbreathes » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:08 am

The vacuum guy?
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:49 pm

^No, you're thinking of L Ron Hoover, founder of the First Church of Appliantology.
El Bastarde

Postby Katiemay » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:38 pm

Flake after flake fell
'Snow day like today to-do!
Yet still did nothing
Katiemay

Postby Harpua » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:16 pm

I had a meeting scheduled for 9 AM this morning. I was preparing all last week, and a bit over the weekend. 9 am rolled around, and the guy didn't show up. I just called him, he said he forgot to put it on his schedule, and isn't available to reschedule until Dec 10th. So...that's a fun way to start a week.

I caught a Pink Floyd cover band on Saturday. They played Animals and DSotM in their entirety, and the best bits of Meddle, WYWH, and The Wall. The Gilmour voice was a bit off, but the Waters voice was spot on. The same spot is having an ABB cover band in a couple of weeks, so I'll probably hit that up too.

Five inches of snow
It is not yet thanksgiving
Five more months to go
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Phish Discussion