Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Postby El Bastarde » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:12 pm

Good morning dudes! Wow a whole Phish run and no posts about it. Long live OKP! Dammit!

Meh, it's a holiday weekend and folks are out and about. I didn't even hear the 30th and 31st since I was at Billy Strings myself.

Without checking it seems like they did the whole i rokk "album"

Didn't realize they did the whole thing. That's like when I saw Trey at the first show after his Traveler album...he ended up playing the entire album at the show but out of order and mixed in with other songs...it wasn't until I looked up the setlist afterward that I realized he'd played every new song. Dude's sneaky.

2019 could be pretty great, let's, you know, why not.

I got Greensky and Umphreys in February so it'll get good then.
El Bastarde

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Katiemay » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:31 pm

Good Afternoon, Oh Kee Pa. Happy new year! Had a fun New Year's Eve with friends. Had a lot of drinks; everyone was feeling good; lots of dancing. Ordered myself the 30th's webcast for a post-Christmas present and that was well worth it. So, actually, 2 nights in a row of dancing and feeling good. Can't complain about that.

Have a most excellent weekend.
Katiemay

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:25 pm

El Bastarde wrote:Either way, congrats to the Bears for winning the division by default. Can't wait to bet against them in the playoffs.

Thanks, Cody Parkey! You're the best!

Seriously, really rough way to lose one. Trubisky was awful for like 3 quarters and they still had a shot. This is also why I thought for sure they would bench everyone in Week 17 and let the Vikings win...instead they wanted the Super Bowl Champs. Rough choice.

Also, what about the coaching debacle at the end? Nagy's stupid 2-pt conversion which fooled no one (is that seriously your best play?) then Nagy somehow not calling a timeout when the Eagles got the first down (could've used that time to get in closer FG range), then Philly running twice on 1st and 2nd straight up the middle to seemingly run clock when they didn't have the lead yet. Then Pederson's batshit insane timeout on 4th down when he could have gotten the ball back had they failed. I really wonder if any coach understands time management.

Also why is it so hard for media to admit that Lamar Jackson can't throw the ball consistently at all?
El Bastarde

Postby hosemasterflex » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:53 pm

^that reads to me like "sports sports sports sports and a blah blah blah" but I fully support the post nonetheless. Cuz damn if I don't talk about whatever I like too!

Haven't played disc golf in weeks, taking a break to take care of some family stuff ... work is nuts for me in January too, just kind of very busy these days.

Good mornin' Stevo, Katiemay, maybe rastabilly, maybe Gregf*cker lol.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Harpua » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:12 am

^ He's tryin' to get my blood a' boilin'...and it's working!!!!

Hello, Pa!!!!
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby hosemasterflex » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:22 pm

^Yeah I got a meh earlier; I took a blood chiller. :?:

:arrow: Good morning oh ye dudes!

I'm working from home today to catch up on some work that's just not been getting done. Taking care of family stuff, puttering around the house drinkin lots of coffee. Feeling pretty great, I dunno, things are kind of great right now maaaaaan. Band played a gig last night, we're really changing a lot lately and it's been good growth. We changed drummers a couple months ago, so every gig is an improvement on the last one. About to go refill the mug yeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Katiemay » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:11 pm

^I love puttering around the house drinking lots of coffee. I'm practically a professional putterer.

Hey-O(KP)! Hunkering down while the arctic winds blow. At least until the need to ensure my employed status forces me out tomorrow morning. Still have to clean the car off and there is no good time to do so. Looks like my best bet will be around 3:30-4, when it warms up to 3 degrees.

Exploring The Kinks today. A band I know quite a few songs by, but never listened to beyond the perfunctory.

Alright, back to puttering. Stay classy, not gassy.
Katiemay

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:17 pm

^I love puttering around the house drinking lots of coffee.

I also like those lazy mornings, usually with a cup of tea. I try to stay up but sometimes the body isn't willing so I get an extended morning instead.

Got my Dick tix and been checking out Greensky Bluegrass's new album that came out this week. Seeing them in a few weeks with Billy Strings so I'm brushing up.
El Bastarde

Postby hosemasterflex » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:59 pm

Dudes!

I was gonna put in for a pair or two pair of tickets, but was broke at the deadline. Preordered new TMBG albums instead.

Good morning, we got like one minute left of morning here, east coast.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:43 pm

Preordered new TMBG albums instead.

Had no idea they even had a new album. Then I look it up and they have three. Jesus, guys.

To be fair, they haven't toured around here locally in a number of years so that always reminds me that they exist.
El Bastarde

Postby Katiemay » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:45 pm

Who is TMBG? Brain cannot process that one.

Had a tough time with the ticket getting. I have the time and locality to go to several shows, but my top priorities are the Mohegan Sun shows. Unfortunately, they are everyone else's top priority too. The verified fan ticket buying experience was a very unfunny joke. Very, very unfunny. I know I have several months to find tickets. I just like to have them secured. To me, it's several months of the stress of looking and potentially not getting them.

Temps are a risin today! Bring on the 32 degrees!
::puts nice shades on::
Katiemay

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:20 pm

Who is TMBG?

They Might Be Giants. Silly comedy-ish band from the 80's. Still plugging along.

I know I have several months to find tickets. I just like to have them secured.

Same thing here. It's why I still go 3rd-party to secure tickets. I know it's bad but I just want that assurance that I have them.
El Bastarde

Postby hosemasterflex » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:56 pm

What's goin on dudes. I watched the Superbowl, it was fun. I tried to be a fan once and actually watch the game each Sunday, but f that, too much time. This was plenty of football for me, for a while.

I've been living shift to shift, sleeping thru the evenings and then straight thru the night, don't know why.

I've spun the Baker's Dozen album a bunch of times, perhaps to convince myself it was worth it.

Okay I'm fresh outta bullshit
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:38 pm

What's goin on dudes. I watched the Superbowl, it was fun. I tried to be a fan once and actually watch the game each Sunday, but f that, too much time.

It's like a great rift has been created in Sunday afternoons. There's just nothing now. College basketball will toss a game out and it's nice but it's not the same.

I've been living shift to shift, sleeping thru the evenings and then straight thru the night, don't know why.

I've been nodding off in front of the TV too much these days, sometimes around 10pm. Getting old is rough on the watching habits. Imagine life before DVR for seniors where if you nodded off during your latest show, you just plain missed it and that was that.

Saw Greensky last Friday night but randomly chickened out for Saturday...I just felt exhausted for some reason that evening and just relaxed instead. On Friday, they spelled out "DETROIT" with the songs in the first set and they had done "MIC" in the second set when I realized they were spelling out "MICHIGAN." Pretty cool and a damn good show.
El Bastarde

Postby Harpua » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:17 pm

Happy Valentine's Day, OKP.

Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby hosemasterflex » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:57 pm

From the US:

View from Canadian side:

Happy Presidents Day OKP!
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Brother » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:02 pm

^hahahaha!

Darn it...missed the morning. Will try again tomorrow.
Brother

Previous

Return to Non-Phish Discussion