Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Postby willbreathes » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:51 pm

Hi all.I leave for the great state of Colorado in a couple days. I am pumped. Work has been crazy for weeks now. Ready to recharge.

Also, seeing Piggsburgh.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:20 pm

Whelp, FL/Mia was about as good of a "Week 0" football game as I can ask for. We knew it'd be sloppy but that kinda of added to the drama. Felt like Florida dominated at times but could never put it away. Hawaii/Arizona was on afterward and that was pretty fun as well, with an ending similar to the Rams/Titans Superbowl with the Zona QB tackled at the goal line.

Got Friday off and a 4-day weekend with Dick's streams and football in my future and multiple fantasy drafts during the next few days. Gonna be busy.
El Bastarde

Postby Katiemay » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:28 pm

Thought it surely must be afternoon already, but I was up early today. So, GMOKP!
Katiemay

Postby ghost » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:52 pm

Good morning.

Big Phish Dick's weekend. It should be awesome. Will, Jay, Ryan, Tom, Sean and anyone else who is there have a great time.

Week two of school almost complete. The kids are enjoying it as much as kids can enjoy school. This three day weekend is most welcome.

I'm still looking for that elusive M-F 9-2 job for a 42 year old, brain injury survivor, stay at home dad who hasn't worked in 14 years. I have plenty to do around the house. I already caulked the leaky shower. I'm still painting Wyatt's room. I'll spare you the details, but it just keeps going on and on. I never liked painting. Perhaps I'm just not good at it.

Uh...what else...uh...so have you seen the news lately? What a shitshow. Humans...filthy creatures.
ghost
Human Being

Postby willbreathes » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:31 am

Eli, your name was spoken this weekend. I was thinking of ya.

What a great week.

Ran into the following okp members: Hank, Ryan, Dan, Dave, Sean, Brad.

I think that may be it. My brain is still on vacation time. I just got home.

I don't remember usernames much anymore, so you all get real names.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby El Bastarde » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:38 pm

Uh...what else...uh...so have you seen the news lately? What a shitshow. Humans...filthy creatures.

If you're looking for evidence of the human condition, the news is not the place to go. Nothing but negativity on there. I often wonder why I'm so much more positive on this stuff than others and I think it's just because I don't watch that drivel. It's worse than it's ever been.

Only M-F 9-2 job I know of is a secretary. Better work on those phone skills. :mrgreen:

So glad football is back. Game last night was a dud but still strangely enjoyable to make fun of.
El Bastarde

Postby ghost » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:55 pm

Good morning, fellow Phish phans and Oh Kee Pa visitors.

^^ Will, someday we will meet for real. Whether it's at a Phish show or at Grandpa's Cheese Barn, it will be great.

^ Stevo, you are right. The news is not the place to get a thorough report of what goes on. I was trying to be funny, but there is plenty of good everywhere. Perhaps exactly as much bad as good? Balance? Yin and Yang? Wang dang doodle?

So what if we spread news of the Oh Kee Pa on some Phish Facebook groups? Is this still a legitimate site? What if people were posting here again? Is it just more work for whoever does the moderating? There are bound to be lots of lamos posting lots of bullshit. Is the .net forum basically the same thing? I think there is so much here that some people would have a great time reading through it all and posting new stuff.

Here I go to do more stuff. No paying job yet.
ghost
Human Being

Postby ghost » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:03 pm

Good morning! Happy Friday! Have a good weekend!

ghost
Human Being

Postby Katiemay » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:19 pm

Good morning Oh Kee Pa! ^Love the WoL knock knock joke. Can't wait to use it on people.

I am on the .net forum and someone posted something about this place last week. The thread was about birthday shows and they said a show they had seen was special because they played Oh Kee Pa and that was a message board they'd been on since '06 and had made many friends on. The username wasn't one that I knew from here, but I was happy to see OKP represented. The .net forum is great. I'd say it's mostly moderate, cool people, like this place, with some assholes sprinkled in. I like that this forum, even in it's heyday, was always on the smaller side and easy to keep up on. It would be great if it had a resurgence.

Here's a news story I read this morning that made me feel good about the world for a minute.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/she-quit-her-job-he-got-night-goggles-they-searched-57-days-for-their-dog/ar-AAHDJPP?ocid=spartandhp#image=AAHDJPP_1|1
Katiemay

Previous

Return to Non-Phish Discussion