Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Postby Katiemay » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:16 pm

I think I just had the honor of making the first post on the OKP in 2020, to wish Marianne a happy birthday.

Happy new year, Oh Kee Pa!
Katiemay

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:34 pm

Had a decent New Year's myself with time off with family and such. Only drawback was seeing the new Star Wars movie which was dreadful and may be one of the worst in the series. JJ Abrams is an awful director.

Enjoying the NFL playoffs a bit. Liking the Tennessee run so far.
El Bastarde

Postby hosemasterflex » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:35 pm

What's UP dudes.

I loved IX, but at this point I just assume Stevo and me will have opposite takes on shit like that lol.

Glad OKP didn't completely end, I was worried last couple days when it was some other thing.

I just got Providence run on CD from LivePhish. Anyone that still uses CDs, I recommend getting shows you attended from the band ... pretty reasonably priced and a great little piece of Commercial Retail Product.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:55 pm

I loved IX, but at this point I just assume Stevo and me will have opposite takes on shit like that lol.

Surprising there but, yeah, different strokes for different folks. For me, it wasn't even the butchering of the lore...was just the action wasn't even that great. Felt like they were making up sequences as they went. Really sloppy.

Was surprised at the Van Andel show ended up on LivePhish not too long ago. Was my first show but I never thought it was that great. Was nice to get a crisp version of it though.
El Bastarde

Postby ghost » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:26 pm

Good morning

Anyone trying for tickets today? I got lawn'd in the lottery for Arkansas, so I'm set.

Have a quality Friday and solid weekend
ghost
Human Being

Postby Katiemay » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:11 pm

GAOKP. I got denied for my 2 Hershey's in the lotto, but managed to purchase both when they went on sale Friday. Day was made. Looking forward to indoor summer Phish shows.

I hate when I forget to unplug the coffee pot. I could swear I looked right at the outlet to make sure. I hear you making your noises out there, Mr. Coffee. Hold on.
Katiemay

Postby Katiemay » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:18 pm

Just wanted to update you all on the exciting turn of events. It was not the coffee pot. It was the toaster oven.
Katiemay

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:58 pm

Not sure why the need to unplug it anyway. :mrgreen:
El Bastarde

Postby ghost » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:48 pm

Katiemay! Stevo! Kevin!

Good morning

I made some french toast for breakfast. Goes great with this Halley's:
ghost
Human Being

Postby hosemasterflex » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:55 am

Love Halley's Comet - good morning! Tomorrow!
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Katiemay » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:11 pm

I was just here a couple days ago. How did I not say anything? Guess I was at a loss for words at the time.

Good afternoon ladies(?) and gents. Living the lazy life. Hashtagwinterbreak.
Katiemay

Postby hosemasterflex » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:09 pm

Morning, not technically, but hello dudes. I've just fired up the 2/20 show on phishows.com, amazing to me that I'm listening to it right now.

I was really down on the fall tour after listening thru, but somehow I'm excited to be listening to a 2020 set.

Got a gig tonight and otherwise looking to take care of something. Anything really, just to take a bite out of the list of Overwhelming Things.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:24 pm

I have a bad habit of completely forgetting the Mexico shows even occur. Just not on my radar in February. I'll have to go back and give a listen.

Otherwise, not much going on. Enjoyed Fury beating Wilder on the weekend...glad to hear there will be a third fight.
El Bastarde

Postby hosemasterflex » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:23 pm

Good morning dudes. Just started up 2/20/20, skipped over to Shake Your Coconuts.. I am somehow not golfing on what looks like perfect weather... I mean you can't have it all, all the time. Page and Fish are raging it right now, mirite? I know they've always been great but the smoked mackeral is f*ckin' HOLY right now.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby hosemasterflex » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:37 pm

Not to mention the smoked molies.

Molys?

Probably need an honorable mention for the ol' frijole.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby hosemasterflex » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:52 pm

Hello'hkeepa

Phish maaaaaaaaan I'm all psyched on this band. Sometimes, when I'm not, I wonder how I could ever listen to them as much as I have. Currently my frame of mind is more like, I hope I can get a shit ton of this listening in (so many shows to hear!) before it wears off and I'm back to burnt out land.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Katiemay » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:18 pm

Phish is pretty ok by me. Looking forward to my chocolate and ocean themed Phishcation this summer.
Katiemay

Postby hosemasterflex » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:36 pm

So far I'm not in burnt-out-land on teh Phish! I've listened to, in the past week or so:

9/13/90
11/20/91 first half of set one (YouTube recommended)
3/14/92 (twice)
5/17/94 (or whatever date's Bomb Factory)
10/20/10
10/26/10
11/29/19
12/31/19
2/20/20
Slip Stitch & Pass

Listening to Yes instead of Phish right now ( 8/10/17 cuz I was there and I love them.. ) but really it's just keeping 'social distance' from Phish so I don't come down with burnout symptoms.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby hosemasterflex » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:28 pm

Good Morning!

I can't tell if I burnt myself out on Phish or if I'm takin' a break. I started making my way thru fall tour again and got stuck right before the NC run ...

About to start on the coffee. I have Mahavishnu Orchestra's Apocalypse on the turntable, seems appropriate. I didn't realize George Martin produced this.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Katiemay » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:27 pm

Oops. It's 12:27. Guess I'll move my post over to the Good Afternoon thread.
Katiemay

Postby ghost » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:04 pm

Good morning. Quiet here. Online school started this week, so I've been helping Wyatt and Wesley with that. It's all new to everyone. Plenty of bugs for us all to work out together. :roll: No real school until at least May. Since I was/am a stay at home dad, it's no problem for me to have these guys home all day again. We just have to knock out the pass/fail schoolwork and then we can do whatever we want...at home only.

The new album listening party last night was fun. It's always nice to be a Phish fan. If their key fits your lock...eternal joy and neverending splendor.
ghost
Human Being

Postby hosemasterflex » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:04 am

Hey dudes

^Good luck w/the home schooling, our youngest being 18 kinda makes him have to deal with it mostly, and he's getting better at it ...

I loved the listening party man. It sold me on the record 100%. I wish that visual stuff was always running on a wall behind me of whatever room I'm in, when listening to Sigma Oasis.

I somehow got so stoked about the Mexico shows this year (I mean from home of course, I wasn't there) but they were clearly bursting with new stuff, and just generally shocked me by being so vibrant. Like I mean, shocked me out of my critical stance of them that I can have, and just instead I've been able to embrace the dad-rock elements, or the less fluid execution of the difficult stuff.

It's a great time to be a fan if you can figure it out.

This new record is straight up exciting though, .... at least the sonics of the band, you know? And certainly some favorable song choices... I have lots of thoughts..

I'm gonna go watch the new ZZ top doc I think ...

I had like eleven threads I was gonna bump earlier but I had to bail cuz I've been busy with work, I'm lucky. So far!
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby hosemasterflex » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:04 pm

Good morning dudes. ZZ Top documentary (Netflix) hit the spot. Went to bed a little disappointed by it, because I have so many unanswered questions still, but in retrospect I did learn a lot about them, and it was a fun watch. Definitely fun guys to listen to.

Golf plan fell thru, and I'm fine with it ... staying home feels great to me, because my job keeps me running to Providence four days a week right now. I am home all day as far as I can see, and I've got a to do list goin on and everything.

Sigma Oasis is on, anyone else keep playing the album? I took a break from it and spun SC 12/6/19. Awesome setlist, don't know what my problem was the first time I heard this show. I had this period of a few days where I'd heard the SC run and was just bummed about it. Then I saw the Mexico set lists and I just became okay with everything. Might be the bud? :problem: I'm back to the album now ... I've got Fuego on a record player too (mine skips dammit) ...

Disc golf at a course I've never played tomorrow. In RI too, kind of funny that I've never been to this one. Alright let's like, you know like, let's all hang in there man.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby Katiemay » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:38 pm

Good morning OKP. Imma keep it quick because I have to eat some breakfast real soon.

I work a few jobs and have a ton of work to do. I am not as cool with it as Kevin seems to be. I'm grateful to be in a position where I keep my jobs and can do them from home; however a desk job is not my forte. My focus is severely lacking, as is my tolerance for sitting at a computer all day. BUT, with that said, I love the ultra-casual atmosphere of my home workplace. We can work in our pajamas if we want, play whatever music we want, at whatever volume, and pets are allowed! Been good at maintaining a sleep schedule, but it is very very difficult for me to get going, and stay going, on paperwork.

I listened to Sigma Oasis at the listening party. Actually, had a late dinner that night and lost track of time. Didn't get on there until ~9:20. So missed the title track and Leaves. Came in during Everything's Right jam section. I thought everything I heard was fantastic; however, Life Beyond a Dream....it just doesn't work for me as a Phish song. And I can say that about a lot of their newer tunes, but this one is not Phish more than any of the rest. And I actually love the song. And I like it on the album. I'll have no problem listening to it on SO, because it sounded beautiful. It's just not a Phish song and it really has no place on a Phish album. I need to get to purchasing already, though. Maybe all my thoughts will change with a few more listens.

Keep on keeping on, all you cool cats and kittens.
Katiemay

Postby ghost » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:49 pm

* Ha. Cool cats and kittens. Allow me to make the first specific mention of Joe Exotic on the OKP. Did everyone watch? Fun but not much else. Which is not bad. Not exactly shocking. I understand that there is a lot of variety throughout the lives of the 8 billion people on this planet. An interesting look into one such life.

Good morning. Super nice day here. I like to get the windows open and blow the stink out. I also like to mention the weather because I am very old.
ghost
Human Being

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Phish Discussion