Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: Good Morning Oh Kee Pa

Postby willbreathes » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:01 pm

I thought it was fine. I was mostly intrgued by the amount of assholes in one weird quirky area of the world.

In general, I think I am anti-multipart-docuseries.

Some work. The majority should be tightened up to a single film.

A couple episodes of fat could have been trimmed off Tiger King.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Katiemay » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:45 pm

^I agree with most of Will's critique. I felt there were enough interesting people, components and relationships in the story to make it longer than a single movie, but didn't need to be 8 episodes, or however long it was.

I enjoy documentaries about quirky people doing their thing, but the wild animals living in maladaptive environments, being mistreated, neglected, and, allegedly, killed, kept it from being a source of total escape for me, which is what I needed at the time.

Speaking of quirky assholes, I just read a headline that stated one-third of Americans surveyed in a recent poll believe that a vaccine or cure for Coronavirus exists but is being withheld and almost half believe it was created in a lab. I am obviously reading the wrong news sources. Or maybe I'm just too old and tired to be a conspiracy theorist anymore. It's not that I'm an authority truster. I think I'm willing to believe anything, but I am not jumping to any crazy conclusions that easily. Is it because it came from China? I didn't read the article.
Katiemay

Postby ghost » Fri May 01, 2020 5:46 pm

Good morning

Time marches on here. Going well. How about by you?

Coronavirus?

Ugh. We've got that too.

Well, then. See ya.
ghost
Human Being

Postby Katiemay » Sun May 03, 2020 2:19 pm

^You/your family personally have it? Or just speaking in general terms?

Good morning. How do I transform myself into someone who just gets their shit done instead of procrastinating everything? Is it possible?
Katiemay

Postby hosemasterflex » Mon May 04, 2020 8:39 pm

Good morning! ^I think you can. Small, attainable goals. No bad self talk. Go for it.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby ghost » Tue May 05, 2020 4:58 pm

^^ Thankfully no coronavirus for me or my family. I don't know anyone who had/has coronavirus. I know someone who knows someone or knows someone who knows someone that has coronavirus. I hope everyone gets better or doesn't get sick at all.

Good morning.

So they delayed summer tour one year. Did you guys hear about that? When are my tickets going to ship?

::waits by mailbox::

More Dinner and a Movie tonight. Mike has a whole box of Mexico 2017 shirts in his garage, so 1/15/17 it is.
ghost
Human Being

Postby hosemasterflex » Thu May 14, 2020 12:13 am

Duuuuuudddessssss good morning, like, earlier.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby El Bastarde » Thu May 14, 2020 1:40 pm

Hey folks...been chilling and still working since WFH is an option for me, thankfully. Been lots of movies, Jordan doc and Dark Souls 3 to pass the time. Enjoyed the Sigma Oasis album...it's a lot of stuff we've heard before but the jams are kind of nice. I miss a good studio jam...too many jambands stop jamming in studio after a while for some reason.
El Bastarde

Postby hosemasterflex » Sat May 16, 2020 3:21 pm

What's up OKP! I'm :crazy: kinda crazy, day job has been tough. Night job has been tough but in the other direction: no night job no mo'.

I can't tell what the reason is, but the last like, fifteen years or so have seen me less and less musically active at home. I'm usually frustrated by that, conceptually, but not in practice (pun welcome but not intended).

So here I am on a Saturday with very little in my way, but I'll probably manage to avoid anything resembling songwriting somehow. Well it's okay, I tell myself. I have to either just accept that I'm less inclined, or change my behavior.

Thing is, with all these evenings at home, I'm not sure why I'm practically avoiding it.

I hope you guys are all safe and sound and managing some sanity.

Speaking of Sanity, they didn't ask me, but they shoulda squeezed Junta on four sides of vinyl and then used the third record for the bonus cuts. Slight fidelity loss woulda been worth the cooler song layout. Side C Divided Sky | David Bowie
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Previous

Return to Non-Phish Discussion