Things That Annoy Me About Facebook

Anything non-Phish related.

Things That Annoy Me About Facebook

Postby ghost_2000 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:26 pm

I'll start:
People who use ghey inspirational quotes as status updates on a daily basis. Do you not have any original thoughts?

(And yes, feel free to use this thread to rant about any and all evils of FB)
My room is round when I lay down, when I wake up it's square.
ghost_2000
The Apparition

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Things That Annoy Me About Facebook

Postby cincyreba » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:33 pm

:think: where do i start??? lol the biggest one is ppl that play all those games that take up my entire home page... just when i think i've blocked it, they come out with a new game :roll: i don't give a shit about the pig that died on your farm & then you cooked it up in your kitchen & fed it to your mafia! i'm here to (s)talk :) :silent:
Just relax... you're doin' fine
cincyreba

Postby SuperJay » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:33 pm

YESSSSSSS :twisted:

I don't use FB (b/c it's evil) but I'm seeing it mess up friendships with ppl I know. Like my friends Kenny and Michelle, for instance... they work at the same office and Michelle comes to some of our parties and road trips to shows and stuff, and she takes tons of pics and posts them directly from her phone. Kenny keeps having ppl come up to him at their office and go "looks like you were pretty wrecked on Saturday!" and he's like wtf I don't even know this person... but that person is on Michelle's overblown friends list and saw Kenny was tagged in some super drunk-ass photos. He's asked her time and again not to post that stuff but she doesn't listen... so now she's not getting invited to as many parties anymore. :|
SuperJay

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby willbreathes » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:34 pm

People that leave "open" status updates, looking for response/sympathy.

Ex:

"Ugh..."

"Wow."

"Having the worst day of my life..."

Also, mothers and their need to update every time they wipe their (amazing) kids ass.

Thirdly, groups that race other groups, like "can Ohio State get 1 million fans before UMichigan."

Oh, and photos of Neil. :wave:
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby the dooj » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:34 pm

I'll play.... :twisted:

Things I hate about Facebook:

-Walls
-"Friends"
-Status updates
-Fan pages
-Tagged photos
-Chat
-The name "Facebook"
-People asking me everyday when I am going to join Facebook

That's all I can think of for now. :wave:
"The good outnumber you, and we always will."
the dooj

Postby willbreathes » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:36 pm

I like Mafia Wars, and am going to update my page more now for you all.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby bigB » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:37 pm

Games like what Phish song are you. Those bug me.
As he saw his life run away from him 1000's ran along chanting words from a psalm.
bigB
Wookie-Tamer

Postby SuperJay » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:40 pm

willbreathes wrote:People that leave "open" status updates, looking for response/sympathy.

Ex:

"Ugh..."

"Wow."

"Having the worst day of my life..."

YES!!! That whole expectant pause at the end, with the ellipses. Like "aren't you going to ask why I'm being all emo?" That shit drives me nuts in any format, FB or wherever.

NEWSFLASH: NOBODY CARES. LIFE SUCKS SOMETIMES, WEAR A FUCKING HELMET.
SuperJay

Postby cincyreba » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:41 pm

willbreathes wrote:I like Mafia Wars, and am going to update my page more now for you all.

:deletes will from friends:

:lol: ;) :wave:
Just relax... you're doin' fine
cincyreba

Postby Clark W. Griswold » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:46 pm

The fact that I'm some sort of social misfit since I don't have a Facebook page.

Look, I'm a social misfit anyway, so why should I have a Facebook page to prove otherwise. Would you really care that my dog is in a bad mood, anyway?
We passed a goddamn gas station every 10 yards for 1000 miles, but when you really need one, you end up walking your ass off. This is no way to run a desert!
Praise Marty Moose!
Clark W. Griswold

Postby SuperJay » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:47 pm

Doojer and Clark... I love you guys. In a totally non-sexual way, of course. :thumbup: :angel:
SuperJay

Postby hosemasterflex » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:48 pm

facebook has pissed me off, on many days, in many ways.

::tries to cleanse self of toxic hate vibes without hurting anyone, shit can't send 'em there, shit, can't send 'em there either, straps toxic vibes of hate to giant net of nuclear warheads & throws at sun a la Superman IV::
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby ydnar » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:00 pm

I don't facebook either. What pisses me off (since I don't use the site) is all the damn invites I get. I can't even decline them w/out creating an account so they keep coming as follow ups (so and so invited you). Then I get questions from people I haven't seen in a while like "why are you ignoring me on FB?". I'm not ignoring you, I don't have an account for some stupid (past) trendy site that people waste way too much time on. . .I've got Phish for wasting my time.
ydnar

Postby hosemasterflex » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:08 pm

ydnar wrote:I don't facebook either. What pisses me off (since I don't use the site) is all the damn invites I get. I can't even decline them w/out creating an account so they keep coming as follow ups (so and so invited you). Then I get questions from people I haven't seen in a while like "why are you ignoring me on FB?". I'm not ignoring you, I don't have an account for some stupid (past) trendy site that people waste way too much time on. . .I've got Phish for wasting my time.

NICE!!

That's the exact reason I ended up joining. The incessant invites that don't stop without you joining.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby lowspark » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:13 pm

SuperJay wrote:NEWSFLASH: NOBODY CARES. LIFE SUCKS SOMETIMES, WEAR A FUCKING HELMET.

Hahaha, well put :clap:

What annoys me the most are the cell phone text message status updates. Why is posting on facebook the first thing some people think of when something awesome happens? :crazy:
lowspark

Postby ghost_2000 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:15 pm

willbreathes wrote:Also, mothers and their need to update every time they wipe their (amazing) kids ass.

QFMT.
My room is round when I lay down, when I wake up it's square.
ghost_2000
The Apparition

Postby mcgrupp89 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:19 pm

the jesus is great rants...they get a little to much sometimes
mcgrupp89
The Omniscient Deity

Postby UB-40 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:25 pm

What I really hate about Facebook: You know those people from High School? The ones where you completely forget that they even exist and life is so much better because of it, then you see a picture of them and you're like "Mother Fucker!"
#∞
You are a person who is high class. You are a person not in my class.
UB-40

Postby the dooj » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:37 pm

SuperJay wrote:Doojer and Clark... I love you guys. In a totally non-sexual way, of course. :thumbup: :angel:

Aw shucks, thanks... I think. :o :oops: :D

BTW, you guys know there is an option at the bottom of those emails to opt-out of future emails from Facebook, right? I used to get those emails daily, but ever since I unsubscribed I haven't gotten one. :thumbup:
"The good outnumber you, and we always will."
the dooj

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:21 pm

Ra's al Ghul wrote:That's the exact reason I ended up joining. The incessant invites that don't stop without you joining.

Wow, really? I guess I'm lucky...I don't have facebook and none of my friends seem to care that I don't have facebook. Mostly because I don't have any internet at all. But what's the big deal with Facebook invites? Can't you just block those e-mails?...I block a ton of e-mails on my Yahoo. I don't care.

What I don't like is how it's kind of replaced people calling up and talking to each other. I used to have friends call and chat for a half-hour straight about life and such. But since they got on Facebook, they only chat with the other friends on there and never care to reach out to friends outside that little digital world. I miss out on some outings because they're entirely planned through Facebook posts back and forth and no one bothers to call me to let me know because they assume I'm part of the Facebook thread.

Also, doesn't it seem like no one plans anything anymore? Like we used to plan our Friday outing on a Wednesday. Now, with the digital age, NOTHING is planned in advance. I always get calls like "what are you doing tonight?" and a lot of the time I had already made plans and had they let me know a couple days before, I wouldn't have made those plans. Again, not a Facebook gripe per se, but on the digital age in general.

Also, I hate when people use that retarded text-messaging style of typing on Facebook or e-mails. Look, I get that you don't proofread, capitalize, or use complete sentences because it's a hassle on a little phone. You have no excuse for that when at your computer.

Stevo
El Bastarde

Postby phishinsky » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:23 pm

Fb is fun for keeping in touch with some friends and whatnot, I hate the mafia/farm/garden BULLSHIT... I do like having a connection that works well with my Daughter and at 18 this actually does...

I like having multimedia as a way to communicate every so often. I work by myself every fucking day and without OKP/Fb it would be even worse... As a social person that like to laugh and smile being in front of a computer and on conference calls EVERYDAY alone, it wears on ya...

In a way I find it funny that people who are not even using Fb bitch about it... :lolno: .... I mean if you're not on there then do not worry about it, right? And if you're getting invites, unsubscribe, it is that easy... Or tell your friends that are trying to get you to come to Fb that you would prefer not to be hassled with it...

Just like Clear Pepsi, if you do not like it, don't drink it.... :wave:

"Art isn’t about perfection. It is what is created when trying to reach perfection that matters!"
phishinsky
Northern Jedi

Postby ydnar » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:32 pm

Well this thread was started to bitch about facebook right? I'm sorry was there a note I missed that says only users can complain? If a non user started it I can see your point but the truth is that people who use it get offended when you don't answer the friend requests.

For the record blocking the sender was the first thing I did but it seems like ever round is a new fb bot to get around the block. I will actually open and see if I can unsubscribe which seems funny since I didn't subscribe in the first place, generally I just check the box and delete w/out opening.
ydnar

Postby SuperJay » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:41 pm

phishinsky wrote:In a way I find it funny that people who are not even using Fb bitch about it... :lolno: .... I mean if you're not on there then do not worry about it, right? And if you're getting invites, unsubscribe, it is that easy... Or tell your friends that are trying to get you to come to Fb that you would prefer not to be hassled with it...

To take the same (flawed) logic: If you don't like the posts, don't read em, Ryan. It's that simple. I thought you were all about the Pa being tolerant and accepting of people sharing their thoughts an opinions, yeah? If so, that applies to everyone in every thread... not just the people you deem suitable. :wave:
SuperJay

Postby phishinsky » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:45 pm

SuperJay wrote:
phishinsky wrote:In a way I find it funny that people who are not even using Fb bitch about it... :lolno: .... I mean if you're not on there then do not worry about it, right? And if you're getting invites, unsubscribe, it is that easy... Or tell your friends that are trying to get you to come to Fb that you would prefer not to be hassled with it...

To take the same (flawed) logic: If you don't like the posts, don't read em, Ryan. It's that simple. I thought you were all about the Pa being tolerant and accepting of people sharing their thoughts an opinions, yeah? If so, that applies to everyone in every thread... not just the people you deem suitable. :wave:

Relax Jay... Relax, it is an OPINION, not directed to anyone here or any person on earth, an opinion...If you no likie my sarcasm and Fb post, I apologize to you, my bad man... :( I will take more time to articulate my posts to better suit the OKP next time, ok?
Last edited by phishinsky on Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Art isn’t about perfection. It is what is created when trying to reach perfection that matters!"
phishinsky
Northern Jedi

Postby ErrandWolfe » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:46 pm

What is this Book of Faces everyone speaks of??? :think:

Please myspace your answer to me at myspace/bongwizard... ;)
Here's a place of elegance...
ErrandWolfe

Next

Return to Non-Phish Discussion