Things That Annoy Me About Facebook

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: Things That Annoy Me About Facebook

Postby willbreathes » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:29 am

I saw you on a game show.
1. tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither ...
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby the dooj » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:28 pm

^Wait til you see the Space Camp video. :lol:
"The good outnumber you, and we always will."
the dooj

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby willbreathes » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:23 pm

willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:24 pm

^Things like this are why the internet was invented.
El Bastarde

Postby phishinsky » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:53 pm

^^Will, classic!
"Art isn’t about perfection. It is what is created when trying to reach perfection that matters!"
phishinsky
Northern Jedi

Postby ErrandWolfe » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:24 pm

I guess I can now find things that annoy me on FB since I'm now finally on it....Well sorta...

http://www.facebook.com/clutch.dumars
Here's a place of elegance...
ErrandWolfe

Postby phishinsky » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:27 pm

Ahh, I know you...
"Art isn’t about perfection. It is what is created when trying to reach perfection that matters!"
phishinsky
Northern Jedi

Postby the dooj » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:35 pm

Just spent an hour untagging myself in other people's photos due to the new and "improved" (i.e. - marketer friendly) graph search.

That was fun. :crazy:
the dooj

Postby the dooj » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:04 pm

Oh, and in case you don't know what I'm talking about, Facebook Graph search is a handy new tool that let's stalkers and marketers do their thing easier....... basically, you can now do this on facebook:

http://goo.gl/j5RLC
the dooj

Postby willbreathes » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:52 pm

I just tagged Clutch Dumars in a photo. Let it be known!
willbreathes
Third Eye Warrior

Postby Highway_Bill » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:50 pm

when people say i should "thank god for another day" in there morning statuses. I'll thank science and the sun thank you
WAZUP MA SHNIGGYS!
Highway_Bill
Good

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:03 pm

when people say i should "thank god for another day"

I must have some good friends. Almost all of them are like me and only seem to check their Facebook once every three weeks or so. For those I see who update it constantly, I tend to just respond to their stuff with smarmy, backhanded and sarcastic comments. Good times.
El Bastarde

Postby Katiemay » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:36 pm

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ryanmac/2013/07/25/mark-zuckerbergs-net-worth-up-3-3-billion-as-facebook-shares-soar-following-earnings/

On Thursday, Facebook’s shares closed at a one-year high of $34.36, following a strong earnings report in which the Menlo Park, Calif.-based firm handily beat analysts’ estimates. Shares were up about 29.6%, sending the Facebook chief’s net worth up nearly $3.7 billion in one day. FORBES estimates that as of Thursday, Zuckerberg is worth approximately $16.1 billion. In March, he was worth $13.3 billion on the World’s Billionaire List.
Katiemay

Postby phishinsky » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:51 pm

After you add "s" to billions, it does not matter anymore, does it? :thumbdown:
phishinsky
Northern Jedi

Postby ladyphish » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:05 pm

I'm not usually big on politics, but I "liked" a page last week that is really awesome for someone with my views, BUT it keeps getting me all riled up. Because the overwhelming majority of the people on my friends list are from Alabama, a very RED state, I feel compelled to keep sharing these posts so that Fox news isn't the only source they receive information from. Of course it's pissing people off, but at least they're seeing it. I definitely feel much more equipped to handle a discussion with people like my family who are very much on the other end of the political spectrum, but I'm thinking I have to unlike this page for my own sanity. I should probably unlike FB for the same reason, lol.
I've been doing this a long time and have seen lots of changes most of which I can't fucking stand...but I still go anyway because I'm there for the MUSIC and so I tolerate all that other bullshit because I DO get the point. So there :-)
ladyphish
The No Good Pa

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:14 pm

I find I avoid any posted political article of ANY type that I see on Facebook. I don’t go there for that stuff.
El Bastarde

Postby goldenroad » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:08 pm

I've decided that "Now I've seen everything" is going to be my go-to post for any picture that anyone posts on Facebook. The more mundane the better it works. "A sandwich?! Now I've seen everything". "Is that a baby?! Now I've seen everything". It works on so many levels.

I think this probably means I'm being a dick and should get rid of my FB account again.
goldenroad
Undercover Wook

Postby El Bastarde » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:20 pm

"Is that a baby?! Now I've seen everything". It works on so many levels.

That’s a pretty solid comment…it’s backhanded but not obviously so. I may have to steal that.

My favorite for these is whenever folks post pictures of their baby, 50% of the time, their kid is chewing on something. My go-to comment is always “Geez, that [whatever baby is chewing on] looks delicious!” I'm a big fan of babies chewing on random objects.

I think this probably means I'm being a dick and should get rid of my FB account again.

It’s probably why I only check Facebook maybe once a month or so. If I say something rude, I disappear for long enough that the person forgets about it.
El Bastarde

Postby Katiemay » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:32 pm

Comment gold, Devin. I may start a FB just to use it.
Katiemay

Postby goldenroad » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:28 pm

Start an account, post that thing I said a bunch, then get rid of facebook...it sucks.
goldenroad
Undercover Wook

Postby Katiemay » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:13 pm

I found this an enjoyable read, even its all encompassing bitterness...or maybe because of. Without being on FB, I know enough to know all of these characteristics. It's like a well thought out sociology paper.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/wait-but-why/annoying-facebook-behavior_b_4081038.html?utm_source=concierge&utm_medium=onsite&utm_campaign=sailthru%2Bslider%2B
Katiemay

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:30 pm

^Wow, GREAT read. I think when I read Facebook in the future, I’ll be trying to figure out which category that post fits into.
El Bastarde

Postby El Bastarde » Wed May 17, 2017 3:57 pm

Fuck Facebook. First they locked my account with a captcha that went to a dead link and made me create a second account just to send them a message about my normal account having issues. Then they throw a captcha at me a few weeks later for no reason but at least that worked right.

Now, they've just "disabled" my Facebook account entirely and I have no idea why. I haven't made a new post there since like November and just use the account to comment on friends' Facebook pages from time to time. No reason for the disabling given.

So, of course, I'm going through their dispute section and the form itself requires me attach an ID to "verify" the account...it wouldn't even let me submit it if something wasn't attached. So I attached some random image and sent the dispute. I plain refuse to give Facebook my ID since I don't trust them with any of my info and it's pointless to do so anyway since, aside from my first name, my Facebook has no information about me and even the birthday is purposely incorrect. So they claim to need it to "verify" my account but there's nothing to verify.

So I explain this in multiple e-mails and they just respond back with form letters or plain ignored the e-mails and it's still disabled (with them still not telling me why). So finally I broke down and just googled a license with my same name and I've attached that.

I'm curious to see if it'll work but it's just ridiculous. This entire thing seems like it's part of this push to get IDs and phone numbers and stuff from everyone on their site (I think all the new accounts require it now) and it feels like they're doing this just to get my information from accounts that were made before they started requiring it. I can't think of why else they'd do it outside of that. Fuck Facebook. I barely even use it as it is and only have it to see what my friends who never answer their phones are up to.
El Bastarde

Postby hosemasterflex » Thu May 18, 2017 5:23 pm

I use Facebook all the time, but I should really f'n boycott it, just on the grounds of it being a primary vehicle for fake news, propoganda. It's proven to be bad for you at this point, ain't it? Facebook I mean; of course bullshit is bad for you.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby TanasRoot » Thu May 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Shit makes me feel all infowarsy as fuck but even tho I've never had facebook, reading about bots and algorithms that crawled people's profiles to generate politically oriented posts and content... Wtf I even quit Instagram all that shits gone sideways :crazy:
"I'm not making this up..."
TanasRoot

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Phish Discussion