OhKeeReader - News that doesn't deserve its own thread.

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: OhKeeReader - News that doesn't deserve its own thread.

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:34 pm

(CNN)It goes by the name flakka. In some parts of the country, it is also called "gravel" because of its white crystal chunks that have been compared to aquarium gravel.

Mmmmm...gotta love me those synthetic drugs! Nothing ever goes wrong with those things!
El Bastarde

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby hosemasterflex » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:47 pm

Reminds me of how they're putting tiny plastic beads in some toothpastes. I think I heard that, anyway. I'm not sure if that counts as its own news. It's like, news that doesn't even deserve to be in the News that Doesn't Deserve It's Own Thread thread.
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby ghost » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:44 pm

ghost
Human Being

Postby Phinst » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:54 am

Tiger Blood??!

http://www.today.com/health/charlie-sheen-reveals-hes-hiv-positive-today-show-exclusive-t56391

Not really a surprise(at all), yet first celebrity since Magic Johnson to come out in '91.

Obviously this is all about damage control, since this story was starting to leak. Gonna be a o'lot of lawsuits coming his way. Which he has no one to blame but himself for his reckless behaviors, b ut you can't convince me otherwise that some of these women he was involved with, character, sexual relationships/history don't come into question.

As a huge fan of Two and Half men it sheds some light and is kind of sad in a way, that his diagnoses came about the same time of his firing and toxic breakdown.

Really hope this guy can clean up a little and make it back to TV. Always been a fan of his stuff. He is a funny dude.. And will for sure need some cash ;)
...Dip a ladle for a taste of her creation...& she knew that what she made...
would be the Finest in the Nation....

2017: Chicago x2: Dayton>Pittsburgh
Phinst

Postby El Bastarde » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:33 pm

And will for sure need some cash

I dunno...as much as he's screwed around, I have a feeling he's doing fine financially. His family has been well-off to begin with and he made mountains on One and a Half Men...he'd have to put in quite an effort to blow all that so quickly. For all the stories of his craziness, I don't remember one about him being broke.

As for the HIV thing, thankfully technology is to the point where you can take medication to basically halt it from ever becoming AIDs.

yet first celebrity since Magic Johnson to come out in '91.

Wow, it's been that long? I'm struggling to think of another so I guess you're right.
El Bastarde

Postby Phinst » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:52 pm

El Bastarde wrote:And will for sure need some cash

I dunno...as much as he's screwed around, I have a feeling he's doing fine financially. His family has been well-off to begin with and he made mountains on One and a Half Men...he'd have to put in quite an effort to blow all that so quickly. For all the stories of his craziness, I don't remember one about him being broke.

As for the HIV thing, thankfully technology is to the point where you can take medication to basically halt it from ever becoming AIDs.

I wouldn't say broke per say, and I cant remember exactly what he said in the interview, but he made a comment about his finacial situation not being in the greatest shape and that he would likely need/want to work again. He has already paid out upwards of 10 mil to someone who found out about his situation, and was blackmailing him.

And yea so many things worse than Hiv these days, unless you have full blown Aids. It used to be you had to take upwards of 20 pills a day to keep it at bay and now you only need as little as 1-5. I also read that they now have a pill for people who arent effected as another way to prevent the std along with condoms if you were involved with a person who had been diagnosed.

Phinst

Postby ghost » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:05 pm

ghost
Human Being

Postby fone » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:30 pm

^I was going to say when is Dicaprio going to portray this guy?

He should be a movie actor himself. He's probably a much better actor than Dicaprio too.
Here's your ticket pack your bag
Time for jumpin' overboard
The transportation is here
Close enough but not too far,
Maybe you know where you are
Fightin' fire with fire
fone
The Sage

Postby El Bastarde » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:14 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/07/nyregion/man-accused-of-impersonating-a-war-hero-has-a-history-of-forgery.html?_r=0

I always found it silly how quickly people fall over to help and give things to folks they consider to be a vet. I mean, I know a bunch of guys who would just wear their camo battle fatigues to something like a sporting event and would either get in free or get free food or get seat upgrades or something nutty about that. And it's SO damn easy to just buy one of those camo outfits and wear it and get treatment. Even funnier since none of them went overseas for anything but certainly didn't deny that they did when it was brought up.

And seriously, what's with the damn camo outfits? You're in a damn city...what the fuck are you wearing camo for? It's not even that blue and grey "urban camo" they have...it's the damn green and brown camo for forests. Just looks silly to me.

It's bad, but I sometimes have a love/hate relationship with the obsession over vets. On one hand, these guys go through shit and get tossed away like garbage by their government so they deserve what they can get...but on the other hand, many of them go to the military because they have to because they have no money and not really because they want to "serve their country," virtually none of them are "fighting for our freedoms" and we haven't done that in arguably a century or more and it's just a tired cliche to see every business and government entities mindlessly honoring the soldiers to make themselves look more noble. It's a nice thing but it's just so phony at times and I always hate phony...but if it results in nice things being done for vets, I guess it's cool.

He's probably a much better actor than Dicaprio too.

Bashing Dicaprio!? Gasp!
El Bastarde

Postby Phinst » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:29 pm

Phinst

Postby ghost » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:08 pm

Cool info about clear solar cells. From MSU for you Spartan fans (Sean...Stevo...)

ghost
Human Being

Postby ghost » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:19 pm

I was searching for some info about Fishman and his farm and general store when I came across this:
https://bakingbradblog.wordpress.com/2016/07/02/me-and-the-pedophile-piper-of-phish/

It is super long. Here's a part:
INTRODUCTION
Defendant is a pro se visually-impaired dyslexic who was arrested for having a series of three dreams about the Plaintiff. He had struggled with whether or not to share his very unusual visions with the Plaintiff for 7 years. The first dream had come to fruition with the reunification of the band Phish. Finally, when he realized that the 2nd of his dreams was coming true, as it alarmingly involved Mrs. Fishman, an SUV, ISIS and five children, and these elements had now materialized as reality and not a dream, the Defendant very reluctantly wrote the Plaintiff a letter, exhibit A, with one purpose only; to circumvent Mrs. Fishman from driving on I-95 in an SUV with 5 children in it. This was the Defendant’s crime. He was trying to avert tragedy. His letter also contained a $40 cash gift to their charitable Mimi Fishman Foundation fund. He had apologized profusely for the unusual letter in the letter itself. The Plaintiff s wife, however, wasn’t buying it.

EDIT: I had never seen anything about this.
http://bangordailynews.com/2016/04/15/news/midcoast/phish-drummer-obtains-protection-order-against-belfast-chimney-sweep/

EDIT:
http://waldo.villagesoup.com/p/lawsuit-seeks-millions-in-damages-for-alleged-false-arrest/1514117

EDIT:
https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/15160333/FISHMAN_v_WILLIAMS
ghost
Human Being

Postby hosemasterflex » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:51 am

Holy Batpants, shitbomb. Wow. I just read a bunch of that. I can't imagine dealing with that, go Fishman! Anyone ever hear of anyone giving a rat's ass that Fish got naked on stage?
hosemasterflex
Sounds Delicious

Postby marley » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:53 pm

There's just no explaining the things people do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOIzdM0enEo
#29. "Phishamatics pwns Reganomics" - Pei Yi
"wait a minute... what are we doing?" - Bob Weir
marley
West Side Wook

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:45 pm

It is super long. Here's a part:

Good Lord...the worst is: "When we talked about his 'getting naked on stage.'" Huh? Who the hell meets the drummer of Phish and then suddenly brings up "getting naked on stage?" Fishman has done it like five times over the entire course of Phish and they're acting like it's an epidemic. Right there you know it's phony.

"He indicated that it was his proclivity to expose himself onstage was the reason for the break-up" - Oh, so it was all Fishman. That bastard.

I can't imagine dealing with that, go Fishman!

Just makes you realize how many nutjobs are out there and how they tend to focus their obsessions on celebrities for some reason. Seems this guy has mental issues but not enough to put him away in a funny farm so celebs just get to deal with these losers. What a pain.
El Bastarde

Postby delayloop » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:59 pm

^ This is some intense news, but it also gave me a little look into Fish's home life (which, yeah, I'm interested in!)

So he and his wife, Briar now own a farm and they're opening a "true" general store in their small community, fostering creation, collaboration, and togetherness. I mean, what could be better than that?
Southern Phish
delayloop

Postby ghost » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:25 pm

^ I also think Fishman's rural life with the farm and soon to open general store is cool. An interesting path after the breakup in 2004.

And here's another person causing problems for the boys. Stealing from Phish. For shame.
http://www.mtv.com/news/1433166/phish-hooked-for-5-million-by-financial-adviser/?fb_ref=fbshare_web
ghost
Human Being

Postby El Bastarde » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:25 pm

^Wow, crazy. Gotta be careful about that stuff. These kind of guys hook athletes all the time.
El Bastarde

Postby ghost » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:23 pm

More from the life of Fishman when he's not playing drums in the best band ever:
http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/rare-breed-mares-new-home-us-pop-star-607259
ghost
Human Being

Postby El Bastarde » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:29 pm

The labels in the article are the best. Fishman is a "US pop star" and Phish is a "rock and jazz band." Neither are exactly incorrect but they look funny. Nice share though.
El Bastarde

Postby ghost » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:15 pm

ghost
Human Being

Postby ghost » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:02 pm

ghost
Human Being

Postby ghost » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:46 pm

ghost
Human Being

Postby Harpua » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:23 pm

I'm guessing it was the Dick's field pooper.
Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.
~4~
Harpua
Fat Sweaty Bulldog

Postby SirChompsAlot » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:46 pm

SirChompsAlot

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Phish Discussion