OhKeeReader - News that doesn't deserve its own thread.

Anything non-Phish related.

Re: OhKeeReader - News that doesn't deserve its own thread.

Postby y0n » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:15 am

ghost wrote:There may not be as many lumps as was thought:
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/cosmic-map-reveals-a-not-so-lumpy-universe/

Damnit. Guess we have to call a do-over and find another theme for the residency.
y0n

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby ghost » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:33 pm

From Texas Parks and Wildlife game warden field notes:

A Rockwall County game warden responded to a call from a local law enforcement officer about a traffic stop involving three subjects that had been driving the neighborhoods shooting rabbits from a public roadway. When the warden arrived on scene, he found three young men standing around a truck with a bed full of dead rabbits. One young man was only wearing a trucker hat, boots, and some brightly colored underwear. The subjects said they had shot a skunk earlier in the evening and when the individual approached it, the skunk sprayed him. The others wouldn’t let him back in the truck with his clothes on. Citations pending.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/newsmedia/releases/?req=20170914a&nrtype=all&nrspan=2017&nrsearch=
ghost
Human Being

Postby ghost » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:31 pm

Phish Halloween 2018: Revenge of the Martian Monster

https://gizmodo.com/space-has-never-sounded-scarier-than-on-nasas-halloween-1819973036

EDIT: my dog does not enjoy the sounds of space
ghost
Human Being

Postby ghost » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:17 pm

ghost
Human Being

Postby Phinst » Fri May 18, 2018 8:15 pm

Re: Boyd Tinsley-DMB

The dude always seemed strange, but whoa...

First he takes a "leave" from band to focus on family and health. Then this comes out the other day

-Accused of sexual misconduct allegations
https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/05/boyd-tinsley-misconduct-allegations/

And Now he has been officially given the Axe right before tour kicks off

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/05/boyd-tinsely-dave-matthews-band-split/

It will be interesting how this goes being as he helped give DMB that distinctive sound, yet probably the most replaceable member.IMO. What he did in Tripping Billies was his mark and I felt like he just kind of repeated himself in a way after that. Too be fair DMB's music has shifted a bit since BTCS with less emphasis on the Violin. Along with Tim joining full time it kind of pushed him to the background.

Also to see how this effects DMB in the future. I know Dave has made changes throughout the yrs in the band and kept chugging along but I feel like they have just been floating by for yrs and have lost their step.
And now this.
They also have a new album dropping soon.

Also if anyone knew or remembered their was a big law suit thing with one his managers a few yrs back who basically accused Boyd of threatening him, giving him gifts, etc in efforts to keep his sexual encounters with other men that he lured with money, gifts, throughout the yrs quiet.
His manager was found guilty of "over charging" Boyd, but charges were reduced based on the facts of the threats he was under.

**so this has all gone by rather fast since the accusations came out. "Fired" almost immediate, name already gone from the official site, tour starts and they have brought on a keyboard player. No word on if Boyd will be replaced.

I think DMB would be fine without a violin on material from Busted stuff and up, but they would have to drop everything from their greatest yrs, otherwise they become the Best Dave Matthews Cover Band

As being a big fan esp from 1993-2002 0r so. I find this so Interesting, shocking and sad
...Dip a ladle for a taste of her creation...& she knew that what she made...
would be the Finest in the Nation....

2017: Chicago x2: Dayton>Pittsburgh
Phinst

Postby El Bastarde » Mon May 21, 2018 2:36 pm

I have a feeling that Boyd leaving the band was a sign that maybe they knew this was coming down the line...it happened right after they announced this latest tour so the timing was just weird.

It will be interesting how this goes being as he helped give DMB that distinctive sound, yet probably the most replaceable member.IMO.

I'd kind of agree. The violin was obviously key to a lot of tunes but it's not like Tinsley was doing anything that someone else couldn't pull off. Though, I certainly hope he's replaced since I'd hate to lose that aspect of their sound. Either way, I'll find out since I'm seeing them in a couple weeks.
El Bastarde

Postby ghost » Thu May 31, 2018 4:36 pm

Put in what you have left after getting all your 2018 Phish tickets. We can buy the Oh Kee Pa vacation house.

Purple driveway. People are too much.

http://premiereestates.com/site/properties/prince-estate/
ghost
Human Being

Postby El Bastarde » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:48 pm

Man, I want a purple driveway.
El Bastarde

Postby ghost » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:18 am

ghost
Human Being

Postby El Bastarde » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:43 pm

^"Regulations being phased in six months after the state broadly legalized marijuana require that pot sold after Saturday meet strict quality standards"

Why do I get the feeling it's a bunch of potheads smoking shit and giving a thumb's up or thumb's down?
El Bastarde

Postby ghost » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:04 pm

^ Weed's not about regulations, maaaaaan...

Way to survive, super baby.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-baby-montana-woods-suspect-20180710-story.html
ghost
Human Being

Previous

Return to Non-Phish Discussion